PDA

View Full Version : Andy Murray: "Serena can be the Federer of the womens' game"

V-MAC
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:27 PM
http://andymurray.com/about/news/03-02/andy-answers-your-questions-part-4/

Not sure if this was posted already but nice to see Andy say such nice words about Serena on his website, and just to see that he has some interest in the womens' game in general ;)

RenaSlam.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:30 PM
<---- Sudden Murray fan now. :lol: :tape:

Craigy
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:33 PM
Yay! My fave likes my other fave :lol:

Nico_E
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:34 PM
well serena was the federer of the womans game before federer was the federer of the mens game, if that makes any sense.

supergrunt
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:35 PM
:wavey: ! He speaks the truth :) .

rottweily
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:50 PM
"She’s physically so much stronger than all the other girls."
That's correct. But other players make it up with technique and intelligence.
And that's the reason why she will never be a female Federer, she doesn't have enough skills.

And a female Federer should have a one-handed backhand by definition ;)

pooh14
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:55 PM
the only hitch here in my opinion is injury. venus, serena's game can be quite physical and more prone to injury, thus they should be very careful in planning the schedule.

supergrunt
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:56 PM
And that's the reason why she will never be a female Federer, she doesn't have enough skills.

And a femela Federe should have a one-handed backhand by definition ;)

Excuse me? Not enough skills? Dosen't play with intellegence? Are we watching the same person? Oh wait your a Jutsine fan, nevermind :lol: !

Natalicious
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:57 PM
Excuse me? Not enough skills? Dosen't play with intellegence? Are we watching the same person? Oh wait your a Jutsine fan, nevermind :lol: !

:haha: well said

rottweily
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:58 PM

Mister 'Official retard and troll' where did I say that she doesn't play with intelligence?
And learn how to spell by the way.

Darth Vaida
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:05 PM
murray--british--alcohol--future son in law of nigel sears

do i need to say more ?

:haha:

No Name Face
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:08 PM

are you serious? serena can do everything, really. i used to be skeptical of her net skills, but she was great during the AO.

Viktymise
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:09 PM
Federer doesn't have as close a rival as Serena does with Venus when they both play their best

silverwhite
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:13 PM

Murray was referring to Federer's dominance and not his game when he said Serena could be like him. :)

trufanjay
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:14 PM
How can anyone doubt Serena's ability to be the Federer of the women's game. She has lots of skills not only power. She is the only player right now who can do that because she has the ability to dominate on all surfaces. 4 straight grand slams!!! That's something Federer has not done and something Justine will NEVER do!!!!!

croat123
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:16 PM
i doubt it
she was the federer of the women's game a few years ago
but the competition has gotten stronger. she can still be one of the contendors for slams, but she won't be as dominant as fed

Bijoux0021
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:20 PM
How can anyone doubt Serena's ability to be the Federer of the women's game. She has lots of skills not only power. She is the only player right now who can do that because she has the ability to dominate on all surfaces. 4 straight grand slams!!! That's something Federer has not done and something Justine will NEVER do!!!!!
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Poova
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:21 PM
This comment is a tad odd in my opinion considering Serena was the "Federer" of the woman's game long before Federer was dominating the men's game. :confused:

eck
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:24 PM

Well, even though Justine is still chasing Wimbledon, Roger still has to chase FO.
So they both want something the other has.

iPatty
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:25 PM
NO ONE can dominate the sport of tennis like roger has.
NO ONE.

acetoace
Mister 'Official retard and troll' where did I say that she doesn't play with intelligence?
And learn how to spell by the way.

You need to stop calling people names....... Step back and review your post. Unless you're saying you lack comprehension skills, an educated mind can figure out the implication of your statement. Sound like you need a better intelligence to write than coming here to assert that certain players do not have the intelligence to dominate. Do you know how foolish you sound?

mykarma

Technique never stopped her before and as far as intelligence, please explain. :eek::confused:

supergrunt
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:26 PM
there is nothing wrong with Serena's technique.

supergrunt
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:27 PM
and weren't we all just talking about how Serena is a smarter player...

Bijoux0021
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:27 PM
i doubt it
she was the federer of the women's game a few years ago
but the competition has gotten stronger. she can still be one of the contendors for slams, but she won't be as dominant as fed
If Serena really wants to dominate again, she can.

By the way, didn't she win the AO just a week ago after hardly played any tennis the last two years? How soon we forget!

rottweily
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:28 PM
You need to stop calling people names

Check out the description under supergrunt's name. I didn't invent it...

davidmario
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:30 PM
yeah. just watch the video in my sig.

that pretty much tells the truth.

rottweily
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:32 PM
Technique never stopped her before and as far as intelligence, please explain. :eek::confused:

Didn't say she has no technique and intelligence, she obviously does. But other players can gain the advantage on these two points. Gaining advantage on Serena on physical level is impossible.

supergrunt
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:35 PM
Check out the description under supergrunt's name. I didn't invent it...

well you don't need no epithet to make you look dumb. :o :cool: :crazy: :nerner: :wazzup:

FoxyliciousKhat
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:52 PM

When Justine with all her techniques and intelligence beat Serena on any other surface than clay call me.

Foxy

rottweily
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:55 PM
When Justine with all her techniques and intelligence beat Serena on any other surface that clay call me.

Foxy

Give me your number.

FoxyliciousKhat
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:59 PM
Give me your number.

+ 869 465 2241

I'll be waiting.

Foxy

50Sense
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:23 PM
I don't see why Serena accomplishing that would be a surprise at all. It's not like she hasn't done it before (and it's not like that hasn't been said 15 times before in this thread :lol:).

Just ask Jelena and Maria what she can do.

RenaSlam.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:42 PM
:lol: @ most of the dumb asses in this thread.

Kunal
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:51 PM
andy and i share the same sentiments

walk_away
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:58 PM

You should not speak of intelligence if you are going to make posts that manifests that you were deprived of a 'formal education.' ;) When Murray stated that Serena could be the female Roger, he didn't mean game wise. He was talking about dominance. Do yourself a favour, take a few more English classes. Maybe then you will be able to differentiate between a one-handed backhand and utter dominance.

supergrunt
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:03 PM
You should not speak of intelligence if you are going to make posts that manifests that you were deprived of a 'formal education.' ;) When Murray stated that Serena could be the female Roger, he didn't mean game wise. He was talking about dominance. Do yourself a favour, take a few more English classes. Maybe then you will be able to differentiate between a one-handed backhand and utter dominance.

shut up

SJW
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:04 PM
Really nice of Andy :)
He's still a brat though :lol:

well serena was the federer of the womans game before federer was the federer of the mens game, if that makes any sense.

Absolutely :yeah:

SJW
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:07 PM
Federer doesn't have as close a rival as Serena does with Venus when they both play their best

Nadal is more of a rival to Federer than Venus is to Serena when both are playing their best.

mike/topgun
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:07 PM
Andy's my favourite up-and-coming player on the mens circuit. I've always knew he's got some brain. It's not a great discovery, but hell I'm happy that he's able to see some facts on the womens tour too.:p

Natasc
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:24 PM
About domain of the circuit when she wa at heer best, maybe.
About technique and skills those 2 names couldn't be not even write at the same sentence....
I really like Serena, I cheer for her, but I got be honestly, I'm not trying to be disrespectful at her, no way, I really admire her, but Federer is just so much better.

And, at least now, Serena domain with the other player is not like Roger....
roger gest the top 10 and just play with them as if it was not being worth anything, as it it was an exo... :lol:

Pureracket
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:31 PM
About technique and skills those 2 names couldn't be not even write at the same sentence....
I really like Serena, I cheer for her, but I got be honestly, I'm not trying to be disrespectful at her, no way, I really admire her, but Federer is just so much better.

roger gest the top 10 and just play with them as if it was not being worth anything, as it it was an exo... :lol:Name the technique of the major players - shot for shot- that any of them do better than Serena. Her backhand technique has excellent follow through. Her volley is probably only rivaled or bested by Mauresmo. Her forehand only breaks down because of footwork. We won't mention the serve.
Um. . Maria Sharapova is definitely in the top ten. The AO Final was an exo.

harloo
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:31 PM
I think she really can be the Federer of the women's game. She will need to improve though because FEDEX is awesome.

jrm
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:33 PM
And he's not blond?

Pureracket
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:34 PM
It's just amazing how the interviewer focused on Serena so much in that interview. . .LOL!!!!!

Mina Vagante
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:35 PM
i used to hate him but now... :kiss:

RJWCapriati
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:45 PM
Murray is a black teeth greasy moron.......Serena already was the Federer of the women's game in 2002-2003.

supergrunt
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:46 PM
^wow thats a good picture of jcap!

Natalicious
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:46 PM
i like him more now ;)

Natasc
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:47 PM
Name the technique of the major players - shot for shot- that any of them do better than Serena. Her backhand technique has excellent follow through. Her volley is probably only rivaled or bested by Mauresmo. Her forehand only breaks down because of footwork. We won't mention the serve.

I'm not comparing Serena with the other players, I'm comparing hr with Roger FEDERER
How Roger can play easy, just take a look at his injuries, he almost didn't have them...
Roger has it all, FH, BH, volley, serve.....

and about the exo, what I meaned is do this:
Win 13 games in a row in a semifinal against a former number 1 and a guy that has the most amazing server of ATP (and that was trying, playing well....)
give a 60 60 in a guy that won the RG on that year, a top 8!!
Give no chance, no BP for the player (like against A-Rod during 1 and second set....)
Make those F*&¨¨%ING unbelievable shots, between the legs, crazy volleys, but mostly, make this all look easy, that's his main thing....
THAT's what I call an EXO.

Against Maria, she (Maria wasnt on her best days) and Serena was amazing, but yet Maria had her BPs opportunities....
so... no buddie, crash someone on final is a thing, play like an exo it's other

Mina Vagante
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:47 PM
Murray is a black teeth greasy moron.......Serena already was the Federer of the women's game in 2002-2003.

actually he has YELLOW teeth! and yeh great picture

Lulu.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:56 PM
Well IMO

Serena dominated once and she can do it again if she really wants to

anlavalle
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:58 PM
:rolleyes: :tape:

sweetpeas
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:59 PM
So true!!!It"s really up to Serena...

Pureracket
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:00 PM
I'm not comparing Serena with the other players, I'm comparing hr with Roger FEDERER
How Roger can play easy, just take a look at his injuries, he almost didn't have them...
Roger has it all, FH, BH, volley, serve.....

and about the exo, what I meaned is do this:
Win 13 games in a row in a semifinal against a former number 1 and a guy that has the most amazing server of ATP (and that was trying, playing well....)
give a 60 60 in a guy that won the RG on that year, a top 8!!
Give no chance, no BP for the player (like against A-Rod during 1 and second set....)
Make those F*&¨¨%ING unbelievable shots, between the legs, crazy volleys, but mostly, make this all look easy, that's his main thing....
THAT's what I call an EXO.

Against Maria, she (Maria wasnt on her best days) and Serena was amazing, but yet Maria had her BPs opportunities....
so... no buddie, crash someone on final is a thing, play like an exo it's otherYou didn't make yourself clear in the previous post, though. Roger's excellent game coupled with a relatively shallow pool of talent in the ATP is going to always make Roger seem like the best ever. (He very well could be, but he has few peers who can develop a complete game enough to challenge him).

IceSkaTennisFan
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:01 PM
Andy is so cute...when his hair is cut :lol:

winone23
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:02 PM
+ 869 465 2241

I'll be waiting.

Foxy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rottweily
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:02 PM

roger gest the top 10 and just play with them as if it was not being worth anything, as it it was an exo... :lol:

Finally someone with common sense, thanks.

Pureracket
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:03 PM
Finally someone with common sense, thanks... .because that someone agrees with you?:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

winone23
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:04 PM
actually he has YELLOW teeth! and yeh great picture

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You guys are so wrong!!

winone23
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:05 PM
Serena will dominate again there is no question.

Natasc
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:11 PM
You didn't make yourself clear in the previous post, though. Roger's excellent game coupled with a relatively shallow pool of talent in the ATP is going to always make Roger seem like the best ever. (He very well could be, but he has few peers who can develop a complete game enough to challenge him).

There's no one with his level of talent, but at least in ATP we have talent
and about he be the best ever, dude, they guy has it all. From endurence, to technique, to power and talent (besides others... like mental force...)
I don't see that much of talent in WTA....

Dawn Marie
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:15 PM
Andy was refering to Serena and the WTA tour. Andy was refering to Fed and the ATP tour. He is not comparing their styles of play. He is comparing the individual player to their respective tour.

Serena can win more grandslams. She is only 2 behind Roger. Why are some people in here talking about how Serena won't dominate like Roger?? Are you comparing tour titles? Right now with Serena's past injuries is only 2 behind Roger in total slam count.

They are both good and frankly they're both still racking up slams. Serena 8 and Fed 10. Why is their arguements when they both win slams and more than then anyone else on their respective tours have won. No current player has won more singles slams than Roger and no other current female player owns more than Serena.

A "MAJOR" FEAT.

Dawn Marie
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:20 PM
and about he be the best ever, dude, they guy has it all. From endurence, to technique, to power and talent (besides others... like mental force...)
I don't see that much of talent in WTA....

Well I see that your a Myskina fan and a Masha fan. Oh yeah and Elena D too. So I guess your speaking from experience when you say that the you don't see that much talent in the WTA.

Look around and find some new favorites or take your ass and post in the ATP forum.

Pureracket
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:21 PM
I don't see that much of talent in WTA....Correction: You don't see that much power in the WTA. Maria Sharapova's backhand is not nearly as powerful as . . . let's say. . ..N. Davydenko's, but her technique is as good or better than his. Serena's serve is not nearly as powerful as Roddick's, but her technique is certainly better than his(on a good day, her knee bend makes her serve a perfect shot).

Federer's backhand is his weakest shot, but he can hit any shot with it; however, he hasn't had to face a strong serve & volleyer in the top ten, and he won't have to face pressure on his backhand. Other than Nadal on clay, the men have rather one dimensional games, relying on mostly power. The same can't be said for the women. Off the top of my head, Serena, Maria Sharapova, Amelie Mauresmo, and Justine Henin all have different games.

Natasc
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:35 PM
Well I see that your a Myskina fan and a Masha fan. Oh yeah and Elena D too. So I guess your speaking from experience when you say that the you don't see that much talent in the WTA.

Look around and find some new favorites or take your ass and post in the ATP forum.

Look Mr.(or Ms) Rude , yeah I'm a Lena D and Maria fan, but do want what?
Just post saying that Lena D, Maria S, Serena, Venus, Justine, Momo are all talented, here?!
People would think that I was doing this just 'cause I like them and would start a discussion, so I prefer to leave it to you to judge who are the "talented" ones on wta...
I said "few" I didn't say that there's no one talented

Correction: You don't see that much power in the WTA. Maria Sharapova's backhand is not nearly as powerful as . . . let's say. . ..N. Davydenko's, but her technique is as good or better than his. Serena's serve is not nearly as powerful as Roddick's, but her technique is certainly better than his(on a good day, her knee bend makes her serve a perfect shot).

Federer's backhand is his weakest shot, but he can hit any shot with it; however, he hasn't had to face a strong serve & volleyer in the top ten, and he won't have to face pressure on his backhand. Other than Nadal on clay, the men have rather one dimensional games, relying on mostly power. The same can't be said for the women. Off the top of my head, Serena, Maria Sharapova, Amelie Mauresmo, and Justine Henin all have different games.

nope....
and Roger faced Tim Henman in several ocasions
and for me, most of the WTA is all about power...

Andy was refering to Serena and the WTA tour. Andy was refering to Fed and the ATP tour. He is not comparing their styles of play. He is comparing the individual player to their respective tour.

Serena can win more grandslams. She is only 2 behind Roger. Why are some people in here talking about how Serena won't dominate like Roger?? Are you comparing tour titles? Right now with Serena's past injuries is only 2 behind Roger in total slam count.

They are both good and frankly they're both still racking up slams. Serena 8 and Fed 10. Why is their arguements when they both win slams and more than then anyone else on their respective tours have won. No current player has won more singles slams than Roger and no other current female player owns more than Serena.

A "MAJOR" FEAT.

Let's say that win in 3 years: 2 auzie, 3 us open, 3 wimblendon, reach all the finals last year and lost for someone that was unbeatable on clay that year is really hard
and I wasn't comparing them, I just say that if sone was, there no comparison

Pureracket
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:39 PM
nope....
and Roger faced Tim Henman in several ocasions
and for me, most of the WTA is all about power...

Umm. . .you mean to tell me that you think Hingis, Justine, Mauresmo, and Serena are all about power. Do you really watch womens tennis? There is not a shot in the book that the top ten men can hit that one of these women can't. Like I said, the depth is there, but the power isn't. Give me a competition on accuracy, I'll choose this group of women over any group of the men in the top ten - any time.

Tim Henman is a serve and volleyer, but you can't honestly say you expected him to ever win a major. Federer never faced the likes of Sampras, McEnroe, Edberg, or Cash, even.

Natasc
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:49 PM
Umm. . .you mean to tell me that you think Hingis, Justine, Mauresmo, and Serena are all about power. Do you really watch womens tennis? There is not a shot in the book that the top ten men can hit that one of these women can't. Like I said, the depth is there, but the power isn't. Give me a competition on accuracy, I'll choose this group of women over any group of the men in the top ten - any time.

Tim Henman is a serve and volleyer, but you can't honestly say you expected him to ever win a major. Federer never faced the likes of Sampras, McEnroe, Edberg, or Cash, even.

Dude I didn't say that! You should try READ the post before replying!!
I said that THEY ALL HAVE TALENT!!
here:
Just post saying that Lena D, Maria S, Serena, Venus, Justine, Momo are all talented, here?!
People would think that I was doing this just 'cause I like them and would start a discussion, so I prefer to leave it to you to judge who are the "talented" ones on wta...
I said "few" I didn't say that there's no one talented

and of course they can do, you just they see they doing this all together often, get Maria and ask her to do a left handed slice (personally, just Kuznetsova make a very good one)
just take a look and watch how is much more easier you see a bagel on wta than atp... I just said that if we are talking about who is more for the power side (not totally power, but more for there) I would pick wta
I'm not comparing those 2, 'cause eventually will create a fight!!
and honestly, we are going a wayyyyy off topic :topic:

so no fight, I'm in the peace group and the last thing I wanna do is actually be rude to someone, so... sorry if I said anything that got ya mad wasn't my intetion... all said was just my opinion...

Pureracket
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:55 PM
Dude I didn't say that! You should try READ the post before replying!!
I said that THEY ALL HAVE TALENT!!
here:

and of course they can do, you just they see they doing this all together often, get Maria and ask her to do a left handed slice (personally, just Kuznetsova make a very good one)
just take a look and watch how is much more easier you see a bagel on wta than atp... I just said that if we are talking about who is more for the power side (not totally power, but more for there) I would pick wta
I'm not comparing those 2, 'cause eventually will create a fight!!
and honestly, we are going a wayyyyy off topic :topic:

so no fight, I'm in the peace group and the last thing I wanna do is actually be rude to someone, so... sorry if I said anything that got ya mad wasn't my intetion... all said was just my opinion...Umm. . .you've been reading the hateful drivel over on the ATP board, and you're confusing me with being angry?:confused:

You are under the same false perception that many others are under concerning the tours. When Graf and Seles were running things, the "LOVE" sets were common, and the upper echelon of womens tennis was defined. Now, not so much.

At a Slam, the top players on the mens side are much likelier to win with larger deficits than the top players on the womens side. Take a look @ the last few Slams. The top mens players always make it safely through to the later rounds, the depth of the womens game prevents this from happening so easily.

spencercarlos
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:56 PM
Name the technique of the major players - shot for shot- that any of them do better than Serena. Her backhand technique has excellent follow through. Her volley is probably only rivaled or bested by Mauresmo. Her forehand only breaks down because of footwork. We won't mention the serve.
Jesus now because Serena made a volley winner against Sharapova in the final all of the sudden she was a great volley.

Sorry Serena at the net is not a great volleyer, she does not wins her matches because of her volleys. Venus´s is way better, and i can name a few players that play better at the net than Serena, like Mauresmo, Petrova, Hingis, even Henin.

spencercarlos
Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:01 PM

Cash? Mcenroe? Edberg? :lol: :tape:

Cash who had the atleticism of a pig and such a horrendous backhand. Mcenroe great at the net for sure, but had nothing on his groundstrokes.
Edberg probably had one of the worst tecnique/looking forehands of any grand slam champion.

Sorry only Sampras/Agassi names come to my mind if i want to find a player that at their best can/could challenge Federer.

And Federer faced and beat the then current Wimbledon Defending Champion at Wimbledon in 2001.

nhissan
Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:03 PM
Andy you're right :worship:

Serena please keep your form

Pureracket
Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:04 PM
Jesus now because Serena made a volley winner against Sharapova in the final all of the sudden she was a great volley.

Sorry Serena at the net is not a great volleyer, she does not wins her matches because of her volleys. Venus´s is way better, and i can name a few players that play better at the net than Serena, like Mauresmo, Petrova, Hingis, even Henin.Just because you try to appear abrasive doesn't mean you actually have a better point. Serena's won the Doubles Grand Slam, and that should let you know of her volleying prowess, but obviously, you didn't see some of her volleys during the US Open series.

You think Venus wins based on her volleys? Petrova? Henin? Hingis? Give me a break. . .LOL!!!!!

Pureracket
Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:07 PM
Cash? Mcenroe? Edberg? :lol: :tape:

Cash who had the atleticism of a pig and such a horrendous backhand. Mcenroe great at the net for sure, but had nothing on his groundstrokes.
Edberg probably had one of the worst tecnique/looking forehands of any grand slam champion.

Sorry only Sampras/Agassi names come to my mind if i want to find a player that at their best can/could challenge Federer.

And Federer faced and beat the then current Wimbledon Defending Champion at Wimbledon in 2001.Umm. . .the original discussion was about the lack of challenge to Fed's backhand. McEnroe won 7 Slams based on his "nothing" groundstokes. Quite an overachiever don't you think?

Yes, he beat Pete, but the conver. .. .whatever. . .read, catch up.

Yasmine
Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:13 PM
agreed;)

LDVTennis
Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:41 PM

... and, of course, a great forehand and backhand drop shot, a great half-volley, a great short court forehand, a great backhand overhead, a great chip lob, a great topspin lob, a great short slice, a great slice approach shot,

I'm sure she has at least tried to hit these shots once in her career. So, they must all be great. :D

Pureracket
Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:46 PM
... and, of course, a great forehand and backhand drop shot, a great half-volley, a great short court forehand, a great backhand overhead, a great chip lob, a great topspin lob, a great short slice, a great slice approach shot,

I'm sure she has at least tried to hit these shots once in her career. So, they must all be great. :D. . .and now the discussion is officially over. :bolt:

Natasc
Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:54 PM
. . .and now the discussion is officially over. :bolt:
.. .because that someone agrees with you?:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

-VSR-
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:35 PM
Bitter posters. :ras:

bandabou
Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:12 PM
Don't play alike, and it's pretty much senseless discussion. No matter how many majors Serena wins, will never get all those acolades that Roger's receiving. Even if she played the same way: did everything exact the same way... this is the world we live in. Some people can, some people can't.

supergrunt
Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:15 PM
^good point- people would still be like "she is just a power player"

DavidEllul
Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:20 PM
No one in WTAtour is like Roger Federer. Not even near him. Not at all.

His great great achievements simply show everything.

Please stop comparing Serena to him, this is ridiculous.

trufanjay
Feb 4th, 2007, 12:03 AM
I don't think anyone is trying to compare Serena to him in that sense. A Federer-like figure is what I believe everyone is trying to say. We all know how good Roger is. Can Serena be the Federer of the women's game? Yes. Not can Serena be as good as Roger or can Serena beat Roger in a tennis match. It's pretty simple.
Roger is obviously more consistent and maybe the most talented player to step foot on a tennis court. But if Serena were to play at her best for the majority of the season she can once again become that player who is expected to win everything they enter like she was in 02-03. Federer still has yet to accomplish some of the things Serena has achieved so is it really that ridiculous to compare Serena to him? NO!!!!!

dansnewbeg
Feb 4th, 2007, 01:45 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Williams *was* the Federer of the women's game 4 years ago, with Justine being her one foil. But I don't think she enjoyed the same kind of dominance Roger has the past 3+ years, for obvious reasons.

alias
Feb 4th, 2007, 02:24 AM
Serenas domination days are over. She will contend for slams, but in no way will she dominate the tour like Fed does the ATP.

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 4th, 2007, 02:28 AM
just like you said she'd never win another again :o :haha:

:awww: it's cute :lol:

G1Player2
Feb 4th, 2007, 02:30 AM

:lol: Have you seen that racist sunset around?

trufanjay
Feb 4th, 2007, 02:32 AM

I know. It's a shame.
You would think people would stop making these statements. I don't think anyone can dominate like Fed. But to say she won't dominate again is crazy to. Anything can happen. With Serena's talent you shouldn't put anything past her.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:05 AM
I'm sick of Fedex .

darrinbaker00
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:06 AM
I'm sick of Fedex .
But he's always spoken so highly of you..... ;)

spencercarlos
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:08 AM
I know. It's a shame.
You would think people would stop making these statements. I don't think anyone can dominate like Fed. But to say she won't dominate again is crazy to. Anything can happen. With Serena's talent you shouldn't put anything past her.
No kididng indeed Serena´s abilities on court should never be underestimated, she can dominate the womens game the way Federer does for the mens, question is how long?
Would she ever be able to dominate womens tennis for 3 and half years like Federer has done?... yet to be seen.

spencercarlos
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:11 AM
Umm. . .the original discussion was about the lack of challenge to Fed's backhand. McEnroe won 7 Slams based on his "nothing" groundstokes. Quite an overachiever don't you think?

Yes, he beat Pete, but the conver. .. .whatever. . .read, catch up.
That was another tennis era, where the Mcenore´s, Beckers and Edbergs were pretty good with their serve and volley game, i find it difficult that they would be as good today, because with racket tecnology used nowadays you have better returns these days.

The same with Navratilova´s game.

spencercarlos
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:17 AM
Just because you try to appear abrasive doesn't mean you actually have a better point. Serena's won the Doubles Grand Slam, and that should let you know of her volleying prowess, but obviously, you didn't see some of her volleys during the US Open series.

You think Venus wins based on her volleys? Petrova? Henin? Hingis? Give me a break. . .LOL!!!!!
Serena has never won the doubles grand slam, Hingis did in 98 for example, but she has won all of them in different years, still Serena and Venus doubles sucess had a lot more to do with their ability to serve harder, overpower, and their better atheticism (compared to the rest of the girls) than their great volleys and touch around the net, if you think otherwise you are just delusional.

And no Serena is not an intimidating factor when she is at the net, she has a good volley, but nothing out of this world like you said that "only" another female player could volley better than Serena nowadays :lol: :tape:.
Serena does not even know how to defend the net, and she goes there behind a great powerful shot to close the point.

mboyle
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:20 AM

She was never Federer like. She dominated for one year. Federer has dominated for three years now. She could have done that too. She chose to do other things with her life, which she is allowed to do. I just selfishly wish she hadn't because she is amazing to watch when she is on.

mboyle
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:24 AM
No kididng indeed Serena´s abilities on court should never be underestimated, she can dominate the womens game the way Federer does for the mens, question is how long?
Would she ever be able to dominate womens tennis for 3 and half years like Federer has done?... yet to be seen.

Federer has NO competition off of clay. Serena when she plays her tip top best has no competition, but Serena is playing with Sharapova and Henin (so weird not typing J2H:sad: ) who, while not as talented (though still really talented) are huge fighters. There is no one on the men's tour with the will to beat Federer except Nadal, but he is such a clay court specialist that even his fight can't overcome the weaknesses in his game. Sharapova and JH can beat Serena when she's not zoning, because they are fighters.

cellophane
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:33 AM
I guess that makes Andy Murray the Miss Cleo of the men's game.

Natash.
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:58 AM
I guess that makes Andy Murray the Miss Cleo of the men's game.

:lol:

DOUBLEFIST
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:13 AM
Ed: What do the players think? That it’s a fluke or that she’s back?

Andy: If she…I’m not exaggerating, If she wanted to, she could do what Federer is doing in the men’s game. It’s pretty tough, but maybe better. She’s physically so much stronger than all the other girls. She can serve much harder, and if she wanted to be she could be the Federer of the women’s game. It just depends if she wanted to.

I guess it would have been more accurate to say she could "AGAIN" do what Federer is doing, but I'm just being picky.

The real significance of this Q and A is not how Andy responded but rather the question itself, "What do the players think?" Andy gave him an honest answer- and he was speaking for MORE than just himself. So you gotta figure that if "the players"(at least to the extent that Andy knows which I'm sure is more than all of you doubters and haters know) are thinking this, and not just her fan base, you gotta figure their is SOMETHING TO IT!! If "the players" can see it, what's wrong with some of you arm-chair tour pros!! :lol: :lol: Stop hating. Stop living in denial! Serena Williams is one of the greatest athletes of her generation!! She is a living legend who will have faaar more historical significance that any other female player active today (with perhaps the exception of her sister). She is an Athlete approaching the Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan threshhold. Some of you simply don't want her to get there, but her PEERS- the players - are saying it, those of you less informed, less expert sound DUMB not saying it. If you harbor resentment in your heart for her, you should know your resentment is finding you out. It would probably be better simply to :tape:

cellophane
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:27 AM
"If she wanted to" - that is so annoying, it's not even funny. How about we actually see it happening for 3 straight years?

Mother_Marjorie
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:28 AM
Roger Federer is on the cusp of breaking all-time records in the sport of men's tennis. He's already being largely regarded as the best ever and he's no where near retirement.

Serena isn't close to breaking ANY of the all-time records in the sport of women's tennis. Yet there are some who claims she is the best ever.

What its taken Federer 4 years to accomplish and continues, Serena has yet to match in almost 9 years on tour.

Before young tennis pros or overly exuberant tennis fans make silly comments, they should really put their comments in context to tennis history.

Jakeev
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:36 AM
Like somebody already said, Serena was kicking ass long before Roger so if anything, Roger became THE Serena Williams of the men's tour.

Oh and by the way, to the poster who said Williams has no skills as a tennis player........you must have been stoned and was actually watching women's curling........

cellophane
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:40 AM
Like somebody already said, Serena was kicking ass long before Roger so if anything, Roger became THE Serena Williams of the men's tour.

Serena "dominated" for a short time compared to Roger.

DOUBLEFIST
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:51 AM
:lol: I repeat (...err, rather Ed repeats)

Ed: What do the players think?

By and large, they know more.

spencercarlos
Feb 4th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Roger Federer is on the cusp of breaking all-time records in the sport of men's tennis. He's already being largely regarded as the best ever and he's no where near retirement.

Serena isn't close to breaking ANY of the all-time records in the sport of women's tennis. Yet there are some who claims she is the best ever.

What its taken Federer 4 years to accomplish and continues, Serena has yet to match in almost 9 years on tour.

Before young tennis pros or overly exuberant tennis fans make silly comments, they should really put their comments in context to tennis history.
I definetly have to agree with you on this one. Federer´s domination is unmatched so far, very few women have been able to do that, in fact only Graf, Navratilova, pre Stabbing Seles come to my mind.

DOUBLEFIST
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:09 AM
Again, I quote:

Andy: "...she could do what Federer is doing."

note: diacritical stress should be amply applied to the word "could", implying in the future. The future being the thing that Andy was speculating on, NOT what is happening now, as it seems so many here would RATHER answer.

note to the note: though it could be argued that she ALREADY HAD begun to dominate "like Federer" :rolleyes: BEFORE Federer and now is simply back to finished what she started.

Stamp Paid
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:23 AM
Serena is a legend. Her records and career stands on its own, she doesnt need to be compared to anyone else.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:25 AM

Serena started winning slams 9 years ago :shrug:???

G1Player2
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:37 AM

Instead of worrying about Serena breaking all-time records you should be worried about your "faux" faves like Justine and Maria, because if Serena isn't close to breaking any all-time records, neither are Justine and Maria. Hell, they haven't even come close to breaking Serena's records at the moment let alone all-time. :lol: Don't worry about Serena. She just won the Austrailian Open. Stop trying to soften the blow of Serena winning the Austrailian Open by trying to diminish her records by comparing her to players who are long gone from the sport, or players that play on the ATP tour. We are talking about NOW. The present. AND nobody on the tour who is playing actively comes close to the records or matchplay of Serena Williams when she is playing well. I know it makes you feel better to try to bring up records of Graf, Federer, etc. to make Serena seem like a lesser player than she is, but Serena is the best player of her generation and one of the greatest players of all time and no record books WILL ever change that. Nice try though. :)

R. Federer
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:43 AM
She certainly can be.

If Hollywood had not come along,and she did not have other interests or injuries, she might have already accomplished what he has.

I LOVE YOU RENA!

Asaph
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:10 AM
This continual assertion that Serena only plays with power with no technique or constructing a point or intelligence is pure racist bullshit that has been stated since the Williams sisters first step on the tennis court. Any one who wishes to really "see" their game esp. Serena can see that is simply and unequivocally not true.

Jakeev
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Serena "dominated" for a short time compared to Roger.

So? She was still dominating before she got injured.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Federer is boring , Serena is charismatic .

I don´t want more Federerzzz ... noooooooooooo

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:35 AM
The women's game is MUCH more dynamic than the men's game. There are a LOT of any given day players, and if, for example you saw: Serena, Sharapova, Henin-Hardenne, and Hingis in a draw, it'd be a toss-up who'd take the title.

On the ATP, Gonzalez, Federer, Roddick, and Nadal are in a tourney....who's gonna win? I'll give you two guesses and the first doesn't count :angel:

Steffi was never WTA #1 for 6 straight years like Sampras, but she's still one of the greatest ever. Pete never won all 4 majors, which Steffi AND Serena did...in a ROW, does that mean Pete's not great? Serena has as many AO titles as Navratilova, does that diminish Navy's career because Serena's caught up to her in that respect?

NO man has more than 15 majors, 4 women have OVER 15 (Evert, Navratilova, Court, Graf) Does that mean they are greater than the men?

You can't compare the separate tours, you can't even compare different eras.

Steffi...GREAT
King.....GREAT
Navratilova...GREAT
Court....GREAT
Sampras....GREAT
Lendl....GREAT
Emerson....GREAT
Laver....GREAT
Federer....GREAT

SERENA JAMEKA WILLIAMS.....GREAT! :worship:

Mother_Marjorie
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Instead of worrying about Serena breaking all-time records you should be worried about your "faux" faves like Justine and Maria, because if Serena isn't close to breaking any all-time records, neither are Justine and Maria. Hell, they haven't even come close to breaking Serena's records at the moment let alone all-time. :lol: Don't worry about Serena. She just won the Austrailian Open. Stop trying to soften the blow of Serena winning the Austrailian Open by trying to diminish her records by comparing her to players who are long gone from the sport, or players that play on the ATP tour. We are talking about NOW. The present. AND nobody on the tour who is playing actively comes close to the records or matchplay of Serena Williams when she is playing well. I know it makes you feel better to try to bring up records of Graf, Federer, etc. to make Serena seem like a lesser player than she is, but Serena is the best player of her generation and one of the greatest players of all time and no record books WILL ever change that. Nice try though. :)
I'd like to remind you that Serena's win in Australia doesn't put her in the class of Roger Federer or Steffi Graf.

Serena's "on" and "off" play the since 2003 likely sealed her historical fate in the sport of tennis. And that's not Mother Marjorie's fault, no, its not.

IceSkaTennisFan
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:42 AM
How do we block/ignore annoying posters?

DOUBLEFIST
Feb 4th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Go to your cp look down to the left under "Miscellaneous" and choose buddy/ignore list.

I've already got a couple on my ignore list and life is sooo much sweeter that way.

Federer&Hingis
Feb 4th, 2007, 09:44 AM
I hate Andy Murray.

ce
Feb 4th, 2007, 10:04 AM

:worship: :worship:

The Dawntreader
Feb 4th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Serena has created a legacy of her own. She doesnt have to be compared with anyone:worship:

bandabou
Feb 4th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Hmm...so now people are starting to count Roger's career from 2003 till now? What happened to pre 2003 when he was known as a choker, a waste of talent, etc??

Serena ain't gonna break any records, too many wasted years....but I think of the post- Seles/ Graf generation, she certainly is the greatest.

Tenis Srbija
Feb 4th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Hmm...and what does qualify Andy as a womens game expert? The fact he beat Federer or the fact he screams like Sharapova :rolleyes:

Tenis Srbija
Feb 4th, 2007, 11:25 AM
:worship: :worship:

And JuJu did play all 4 GS finals last year :rolleyes:
So it's far from the fact that she WILL NEVER win all 4 GS titles... She is missing one currently :angel:

bandabou
Feb 4th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Yeah..Henin did reach 4 finals last year, but she only won one. The only one she's truly legit at: RG. Her perfomances in the other three, weren't much to write home about.

pooh14
Feb 4th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Serena has created a legacy of her own. She doesnt have to be compared with anyone:worship:

1000000% RIGHT.

i just don't understand why do we need to compare great players.
why cant we just enjoy and appreciate all these players?

why must we under-rate all their achievements to make another player look better?

the same goes to comparing hingis, venus, henin, etc etc etc.....

please lets stop comparing them, ridiculing some of their great achievements just to make another player look better.

spencercarlos
Feb 4th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Yeah..Henin did reach 4 finals last year, but she only won one. The only one she's truly legit at: RG. Her perfomances in the other three, weren't much to write home about.
Henin made the finals in all 4 grand slams and won the masters in the same year, something that yet the great Serena who is way above the rest of her peers is yet to acomplish for example. Yeah nothing to write about :rolleyes:

MatchpointPRT
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Lol! Serena is very good when she plays well, but the difference between Federer and Serena is that Federer plays well all the year, and Serena plays well a just a few times... so, i don´t agree with him definitly...

cellophane
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:56 PM
So? She was still dominating before she got injured.

So nothing. She hasn't dominated nearly as long as Federer, so you can't compare them.

bandabou
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Henin made the finals in all 4 grand slams and won the masters in the same year, something that yet the great Serena who is way above the rest of her peers is yet to acomplish for example. Yeah nothing to write about :rolleyes:

Serena had almost an equivalent in 2002. 3 majors played, 3 majors won and reached the final at the YEC..and then went on to win 4 majors in a row! Something even Roger's yet to acomplish. Soo...easy there.

trufanjay
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Serena had almost an equivalent in 2002. 3 majors played, 3 majors won and reached the final at the YEC..and then went on to win 4 majors in a row! Something even Roger's yet to acomplish. Soo...easy there.
that's right :lol:

Natasc
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:11 PM

actually, Roger won 3 slams twice (2006 and 2004)
2005-2007: 7 slams final in a row (winning 6)
'05 - Wimbledon (won)
'05 - US Open (won)
'06 - Australian Open (won)
'06 - Roland Garros (lost)
'06 - Wimbledon (won)
'06 - US Open (won)
'07 - Australian Open (won)

last time he lost before the semis (in a quaterfinal) was in 2004 against Guga at RG
and let's not talk about his bigger than 90% of winnings in a year

So, what about before start to compare, someone should try to reach those...

bandabou
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:13 PM
actually, Roger won 3 slams twice (2006 and 2004)
2005-2007: 7 slams final in a row (winning 6)
'05 - Wimbledon (won)
'05 - US Open (won)
'06 - Australian Open (won)
'06 - Roland Garros (lost)
'06 - Wimbledon (won)
'06 - US Open (won)
'07 - Australian Open (won)

last time he lost before the semis (in a quaterfinal) was in 2004 against Guga at RG
and let's not talk about his bigger than 90% of winnings in a year

So, what about before start to compare, someone should try to reach those...

Nice..very nice. Still hasn't won 4 in a row like Serena did. Maybe this is the year?

trufanjay
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:17 PM
I actually think this is the year Roger will win all four. I think he'll beat Nadal in the finals of the French this time. And I think Serena will 3 of 4. If she wins 4 then I won't complain. :lol:

AcesHigh
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:40 PM
In terms of numbers, neither Serena nor Roger is the best.

In terms of talent, both Serena and Roger are probably the best ever. Will she surpass Graf's numbers??? No, but the game is so much more difficult and physically demanding these days. You have to make an adjustment.

trufanjay
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:48 PM
In terms of numbers, neither Serena nor Roger is the best.

In terms of talent, both Serena and Roger are probably the best ever. Will she surpass Graf's numbers??? No, but the game is so much more difficult and physically demanding these days. You have to make an adjustment.
I agree. I would say 10 or 12 grand slams these days deserves as much praise as 22 grand slams ten or fifteen years ago. It's just so hard to do. Especially on the men's side. The level has risen so it's harder for players like Serena and Roger to reach those numbers. But I couldn't agree with you more that Serena and Roger are the best. Very talented.

supergrunt
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Hmm...and what does qualify Andy as a womens game expert? The fact he beat Federer or the fact he screams like Sharapova :rolleyes:

I bet he knows more than you. :lol: :p

denisgiann
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Too much booze seriously hurt your brain Andy.There was never a woman equal to federers grace and achievements on court but if we had to pick one that tries to come a little closer it wouldnt be serena.How about Seles Graf and Navratilova ?

Natasc
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Nice..very nice. Still hasn't won 4 in a row like Serena did. Maybe this is the year?

Is not that she made the GRAND SLAM like Steffi did it twice (if I'm not wrong)
and I agree with trufanjay I think that Roger may get "the" GRAND SLAM this year...
but let's see how Nadal will do during the clay season... (once his already got the record for that one)

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:25 PM

Well seeing as Serena's been injured and has only played all 4 majors TWICE in her career, I don't really see the logic in knocking her for not reaching for 4 straight finals and winning the YEC.....OH WAIT!

She reached 5 straight finals (6 out of 7) and reached 2 YEC finals, winning one (by walkover :awww: )
2001 US Open -F
2001 YEC -W
2002 French Open -W
2002 Wimbledon -W
2002 US Open -W
2002 YEC - F
2003 Aussie Open - W
2003 French Open - :o
2003 Wimbledon - W

and if you keep going....
2004 French Open - QF
2004 Wimbledon - F
2004 US Open - QF
2004 YEC - F
2005 Aussie Open - W

so of the 14 big tournaments Serena played from 2001 to 2005....she reached 11 finals, won 7, and never lost in straight sets before the finals....:shrug: not that bad for a player who's "accomplished less" than someone with 3 less majors, and has yet to win 3 in a row, much less 4.
:wavey: Try again :)

Calypso
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Serena can be/ was the Federer of the women's game only as far as dominance goes, she even went one better, won Roland Garros and held all 4 slams at the same time. I love Serena, but she doesn't have the sheer variety of shots to be the Female Federer. Not to say she couldn't improve on her finesse shots, but who needs finesse when you can hit most players right off the court;) . Dominance? Yes. Shot making ability/ variety in her game, I'd say Amelie, Justine and Martina Hingis are closer.

tennisbum79
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:30 PM
In short, that means Federer is the Serena of the men's game.
He could take the name FEDERENA to illustrate to mark this milestone;)

Tenis Srbija
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:34 PM

But she played final of three Grand Slam tournaments in one, even Serena did acomplishe that... So you can't say that JuJu will NEVER win four in a row... :shrug:

Tenis Srbija
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:35 PM

I don't think Serena was ever as dominate like Federer is now...besides the clay... But on the other hand you can't count out clay... So it's stupid to compare to two :wavey:

Anyhow, Murray is saying bullshit ;)

Tenis Srbija
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Well seeing as Serena's been injured and has only played all 4 majors TWICE in her career, I don't really see the logic in knocking her for not reaching for 4 straight finals and winning the YEC.....OH WAIT!

She reached 5 straight finals (6 out of 7) and reached 2 YEC finals, winning one (by walkover :awww: )
2001 US Open -F
2001 YEC -W
2002 French Open -W
2002 Wimbledon -W
2002 US Open -W
2002 YEC - F
2003 Aussie Open - W
2003 Wimbledon - W

2004 French Open - QF
2004 Wimbledon - F
2004 US Open - QF
2004 YEC - F
2005 Aussie Open - W

so of the 14 big tournaments Serena played from 2001 to 2005....she reached 11 finals, won 7, and never lost in straight sets before the finals....:shrug: not that bad for a player who's "accomplished less" than someone with 3 less majors, and has yet to win 3 in a row, much less 4.

He said that Serena didn't play 4 GS finals in one year and won YEC...
What isn't true about that :shrug:

He said one (was right) and you responded to him on other subject (and you are wright)... That's like I say JuJu play single handed BH, and you quote me and say Serena is playing double handed - try again :rolleyes:

Natasc
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:52 PM
He said that Serena didn't play 4 GS finals in one year and won YEC...
What isn't true about that :shrug:

He said one (was right) and you responded to him on other subject (and you are wright)... That's like I say JuJu play single handed BH, and you quote me and say Serena is playing double handed - try again :rolleyes:

I think that Juju and Roger are two players that doesn't matter if you like them or not, but you gotta admit that they play a pretty and classy tennis
even that I'm not a fan of Juju, she's the one with thre prettiest game on WTA... and she's definataly talent and has the skills....

StarDuvallGrant
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:55 PM
1000000% RIGHT.

why must we under-rate all their achievements to make another player look better?

please lets stop comparing them, ridiculing some of their great achievements just to make another player look better.

Not too many in thread would listen to you.

bandabou
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:57 PM
But she played final of three Grand Slam tournaments in one, even Serena did acomplishe that... So you can't say that JuJu will NEVER win four in a row... :shrug:

What I do know is that Serena aleady HAS won 4 in a row. Justine is yet to prove that she can do it....but still well if people wanna take solace that she reached finals of all 4 majors in a year, winning just one...ok. Yeah that's something Serena hasn't done yet.

!<blocparty>!
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Call me when Serena starts winning matches with magic. :smoke:

G1Player2
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:00 PM
What I do know is that Serena aleady HAS won 4 in a row. Justine is yet to prove that she can do it....but still well if people wanna take solace that she reached finals of all 4 majors in a year, winning just one...ok. Yeah that's something Serena hasn't done yet.

Bandabou, common sense and logic are too hard to grasp for some people. :)

trufanjay
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:01 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

spencercarlos
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:25 PM

2001 US Open -F
2001 YEC -W
2002 French Open -W
2002 Wimbledon -W
2002 US Open -W
2002 YEC - F
2003 Aussie Open - W
2003 Wimbledon - W

2004 French Open - QF
2004 Wimbledon - F
2004 US Open - QF
2004 YEC - F
2005 Aussie Open - W

Bring me all of her acomplishments, in fact im not dismissing them, but she Serena Williams has not reached all grand slam finals in the same year, period. That was my point.

spencercarlos
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Henin was 3 matches away from the grand slam (winning all 4 major titles in one year, Serena was 7 matches away.
This does not mean that Henin is better, its just a fact.

bandabou
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Henin was 3 matches away from the grand slam (winning all 4 major titles in one year, Serena was 7 matches away.

So close....yet so faraway. As long as we agree that Serena > Justine, than it's all fine with me.

spencercarlos
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Definetly winning 4 in a row in two different years is a bigger acomplishment that winning 1 and reaching the finals of the other 3, but the second one is definetly more than not "much to write home about", it´s a great acomplishment as well, period.

The fact that you are trying to trash talk about what Henin did last year, only makes you look worse and delusional.

Tenis Srbija
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:35 PM
I don't agree :p

spencercarlos
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:36 PM
So close....yet so faraway. As long as we agree that Serena > Justine, than it's all fine with me.
I don´t think i ever wrote or said that Henin was better than Serena.

Mina Vagante
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:39 PM
:confused: :rolleyes:

bandabou
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Definetly winning 4 in a row in two different years is a bigger acomplishment that winning 1 and reaching the finals of the other 3, but the second one is definetly more than not "much to write home about", it´s a great acomplishment as well, period.

The fact that you are trying to trash talk about what Henin did last year, only makes you look worse and delusional.
Not really..I just got the impression that you were trying to say that Henin's achievement was greater/bigger than Serena's winning 4 in a row, albeit in a non-calendar year.

bandabou
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:40 PM
I don´t think i ever wrote or said that Henin was better than Serena.

Ok..just to be sure.

winone23
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Bring me all of her acomplishments, in fact im not dismissing them, but she Serena Williams has not reached all grand slam finals in the same year, period. That was my point.

With your logic Venus was 4 matches aways from the Venus Slam :worship: :worship: :cool:

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Well I mean, Serena hasn't played the French since 2004, and seeing as Jen, her main tour rival (apart from Venus), and won't be there, there are less player who can beat her on clay. I think she's got as good a chance as JH.

Serena's Clay Record Against WTA Top 20 and Non-Retired Slam Winners:
Henin: 1-2
Mauresmo: 2-1 (1 w/o)
Kuznetsova: 1-0
Hingis: 0-1
Myskina: 1-0
V. Williams: 1-1
Pierce: 3-0
Capriati: 3-3

She's 8-6 on clay against RG Champions....Roger is 0-4 to Nadal 0-1 to Costa, 1-1 to Guga, 2-0 to Moya, 2-0 to Gaudio, 1-0 to Ferrero, so that makes for a 6-6 record against RG champs....:shrug:

Seems to me that Serena's a better clay player (comparitively) than Fed :shrug: ;)...at least @ RG anyway :p

Mina Vagante
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:49 PM
this is the slam where i think serena MIGHT go out early. though the way she was playing in melbourne she could win, clay is her worst surface but no doubt i would put her 2nd to win the title after Henin:o

spencercarlos
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:04 PM
With your logic Venus was 4 matches aways from the Venus Slam :worship: :worship: :cool:
Venus Slam?
In the same year 2002 Venus lost in the QF to Seles, she needed 3 more wins in Australia and each final of the remaining slams, that´s six matches for the "grand slam" :p

But yeah "Venus Slam" 4 in a row, yeah she needed 4 more matches!. Today she is two grand slams away for her complete GS resume though.

Vamos Logic!

spencercarlos
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Not really..I just got the impression that you were trying to say that Henin's achievement was greater/bigger than Serena's winning 4 in a row, albeit in a non-calendar year.
My point is that depite everything (the fact that Serena is the better player) Serena has not acomplished this and Henin has.

bandabou
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:14 PM
My point is that depite everything (the fact that Serena is the better player) Serena has not acomplished this and Henin has.

Ok...still rather win 4 in a row than reach 4 finals in a year and winning only one. :p ;)

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:30 PM

Serena's 6 matches away from 12 slams....what's your point? :shrug: It only matters what you win.

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:32 PM
The thing is, when Serena won her slams, (well at least 5 of them) there was almost little to no doubt that she'd win it (a LOT like Fed). With JH, when she goes into a tourney, you kinda feel that there are players that can beat her.

~Eclipsed~
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Serena can do it all when she's on.:)

Tenis Srbija
Feb 4th, 2007, 09:31 PM
The thing is, when Serena won her slams, (well at least 5 of them) there was almost little to no doubt that she'd win it (a LOT like Fed). With JH, when she goes into a tourney, you kinda feel that there are players that can beat her.

That makes JuJu's wins even bigger... :wavey:

DOUBLEFIST
Feb 4th, 2007, 10:20 PM
:confused: :cuckoo:

put the :smoke: down! :haha:

Reuchlin
Feb 4th, 2007, 10:24 PM
how did this thread turn into Justine vs. Serena lol

tennisbum79
Feb 4th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images/buttons/blue/viewpost.gif (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=9971727#post9971727)

I don't think Serena was ever as dominate like Federer is now...besides the clay... But on the other hand you can't count out clay... So it's stupid to compare to two :wavey:

Anyhow, Murray is saying bullshit ;)

If you read Murray's comments very carefully, he said, and I paraphrased, if Serena really wanted it and put her mind to tennis (like Federer has), she sure would be the Federer of women game.

And many tennis fans, ( WS fans or non-fans) have always felt this way.
That Serena has some much talent and potential yet to be exploited,
she could have become one of the best players ever in women tennis.

True, this kind of criticism has sometimes been met on this board and
elsewhere with dismissive response of "hater" or other similar shallow misguided words.

StarDuvallGrant
Feb 4th, 2007, 10:30 PM

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=9960968&postcount=6

tennisbum79
Feb 4th, 2007, 10:34 PM

Was wondering about myself.
Murray mention Serena, not Justine.
I guess some people did not like that.
But this was to be expected.
If it were not Justine, it could have been any WTA top 10 player.

Fans have a way of working their fave in a comparative thread.

topspin
Feb 4th, 2007, 10:40 PM
1000000% RIGHT.

co-signing this post along with starduvallgrant.

Why can't we appreciate the accomplishments of all players? When you undermine the the achievements of a player, you are actually undermining the achievements of your fave who defeated that player. What you are really saying your fave only won because her opponent wasn't much of a player.

Remember when fans used to make an issue out of Martina H. reaching consecutive slam finals, not winning, and being ranked #1. The fact that she reached consecutive slam finals was an accomplishment and the fact that the players that defeated her were multi-slam winners and/or the top ranked player at some point in their careers.

The same point could be applied to Maria in referencing to reaching consecutive slam semi-finals. The players who usually defeated her became the eventual slam champion. Is this a knock of Maria? No. It justs shows how good her opponent had to be and a measure of how talented she really is.

Looking at the achievements of Hingis and Maria from a positive angle, it makes the accomplishments of Serena that much greater. The same could be said for Maria who prevented Serena from becoming only the 2nd women's tennis player to win three consecutive Wimbledon titles. How good a tennis player that Hingis is to defeat Serena and Venus back-to-back in the same tournament?

Switch out Serena's name with Venus.

All of should share the common goal of uplifting women's tennis instead of tearing it down.

rottweily
Feb 4th, 2007, 10:58 PM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=9960968&postcount=6

LOL. The Serena trollingsquad gets bigger...
Where did I mention Justine???

suffer well
Feb 4th, 2007, 11:10 PM
He's a Hibs fan. I wouldn't take a word he says seriously

Mother_Marjorie
Feb 4th, 2007, 11:12 PM

It was actually Supergrunt that posted the first jab at Justine in this thread in post #8.

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=9961027&postcount=8

Didn't you know? StarDuvall and Supergrunt rate right up there with soured milk and fruitcake (not to be mistaken with Nut Bush).

-VSR-
Feb 4th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Julia! :woohoo:

StarDuvallGrant
Feb 4th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Why can't we appreciate the accomplishments of all players? When you undermine the the achievements of a player, you are actually undermining the achievements of your fave who defeated that player. What you are really saying your fave only won because her opponent wasn't much of a player.

So very true. Instead of letting the records and players on court speak for themselves, a lot of the time those detractors find the need to separate their faves from others and the only way they know how is to be negative and down the achievements of opponents.

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 4th, 2007, 11:36 PM
I'm sorry...with a quote like that and a signature like that, how was I supposed to know you were talking about Schiavone/Maruesmo/Graf? :shrug:

Tenis Srbija
Feb 4th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images/buttons/blue/viewpost.gif (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=9971727#post9971727)

If you read Murray's comments very carefully, he said, and I paraphrased, if Serena really wanted it and put her mind to tennis (like Federer has), she sure would be the Federer of women game.

And many tennis fans, ( WS fans or non-fans) have always felt this way.
That Serena has some much talent and potential yet to be exploited,
she could have become one of the best players ever in women tennis.

True, this kind of criticism has sometimes been met on this board and
elsewhere with dismissive response of "hater" or other similar shallow misguided words.

Lot of non SW fans said here that they DO NOT agree with youngster from Scotland...

And I said, what makes him an expert for womens tennis??? :rolleyes:

flyingmachine
Feb 5th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Serenas domination days are over. She will contend for slams, but in no way will she dominate the tour like Fed does the ATP.

Yeap that's right.

pengluv
Feb 5th, 2007, 12:57 AM
I think shes better she barely put her mind to tennis and look at her accomplishments. Although federer was great now... remember how he was in the first 3 years of his career. I think he was only known for beating pete. But face it, if Federer gets injured.. hes not gona comeback to the state he is in now.

Dave.
Feb 5th, 2007, 01:01 AM
Serena is far more talented than Federer and has achieved so much more, against a much more competitive field. Federer has no challengers at all, even Nadal is wearing off right now:sad:

Ntour
Feb 5th, 2007, 01:18 AM

yeah well so is nadia and she was getting schooled until nadia had her huge choke-fest.

the world number 1 wasn't even there

honestly you people are reading way to much into serenas AO win
she beat maria who practically lost to pin (does that tell you something about her form?) the rest of her draw was a cakewalk, clijsters pretty much gave up.

Ntour
Feb 5th, 2007, 01:19 AM
Serena is far more talented than Federer and has achieved so much more, against a much more competitive field. Federer has no challengers at all, even Nadal is wearing off right now:sad:

umm, the reason he has no challengers unlike serena is because he is sooo much better than everyone else, Duh!

SAEKeithSerena
Feb 5th, 2007, 01:29 AM
nice words andy:)

Ntour
Feb 5th, 2007, 01:38 AM

I have no doubt justine will surpass serenas 8 slams she gets at least one evry year since 2003, i don't think that will change and she still has another 5 or so years on tour. Serena doesn't have that kind of consistency, justine has had serious injuries too, but she doesn't go partying and doing cameos, she concentrates on getting back on court as quickly as possible.

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 5th, 2007, 01:40 AM
let's not go insulting players' personal lives.

Both players are great champions, but until Justine wins at least 3 in a row, Serena's just in another class.

I mean it's like Chris Evert v. Steffi Graf

Golden Slam v. 1 slam/year for 13 years....which is better?

winone23
Feb 5th, 2007, 01:57 AM
I have no doubt justine will surpass serenas 8 slams she gets at least one evry year since 2003, i don't think that will change and she still has another 5 or so years on tour. Serena doesn't have that kind of consistency, justine has had serious injuries too, but she doesn't go partying and doing cameos, she concentrates on getting back on court as quickly as possible.

Other than her illness which is not an injury, what serious injuries has justine had????

winone23
Feb 5th, 2007, 02:02 AM
yeah well so is nadia and she was getting schooled until nadia had her huge choke-fest.

honestly you people are reading way to much into serenas AO win
she beat maria who practically lost to pin (does that tell you something about her form?) the rest of her draw was a cakewalk, clijsters pretty much gave up.

It really doesn't matter if Justine was there or not, Justine is beatable in slam finals she proved that last year with 3 losses. Serena is hard to beat in a slam finals, the outcome would MOST LIKELY been the same.

spencercarlos
Feb 5th, 2007, 04:57 AM
:smash: :cuckoo: The most ridiculous and false post ever :help:

Federer has no challengers because he is the only player ever being able to sustain such a high level during a long period of times at almost every tournament, and pretty much his huge repertory and mental attitude makes him win even when his game is off.

On each category comparisson, Serena has a huge impossing game, great angles and huge serves, but what Federer brings to the table is excelence in all aspects of the game, serve, volley, forehand, backhand, defense, touch, all in the menu, and for a longer period of time domination, like no recent player has been able to, not even Sampras. Serena´s defense, volleys and touch are not neat to "excelent" in my opinion.

And Serena achieving "much more" than Federer? :lol: are you drunk? that´s true only in your paralel universe.

spencercarlos
Feb 5th, 2007, 05:02 AM
let's not go insulting players' personal lives.

Both players are great champions, but until Justine wins at least 3 in a row, Serena's just in another class.

I mean it's like Chris Evert v. Steffi Graf

Golden Slam v. 1 slam/year for 13 years....which is better?
13 grand slams > 4 in my opinion.
But Steffi has 17 other grand slams along with that golden slam so...

spencercarlos
Feb 5th, 2007, 05:10 AM
I think shes better she barely put her mind to tennis and look at her accomplishments.
She had two rough and full on injuries years in 2005 and 2006, still got to play some grand slams. But from the end of 1997 to the start of 2005, (excluding second half of 2003 and first three months of 2004) she played at least about 7 years of tennis, i don´t think that´s barely putting her mind into tennis :rolleyes:

Although federer was great now... remember how he was in the first 3 years of his career. I think he was only known for beating pete. But face it, if Federer gets injured.. hes not gona comeback to the state he is in now.
He got injured in 2005 (ankle injury) and just 3 weeks before playing the Masters he was not even able to walk, and entered the Masters and reach the finals and lost in only in a fifth set tiebreak.

Still a player greatness is not measured or compared to another player based on "what if he/she gets an injury" and how he will comeback from that, because you never know if that´s going to happen, and you can´t even compare how an injury affects a particular individual.

bandabou
Feb 5th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Don't go brah brah about Justine being more consistent than Serena..since 2002, only years Serena didn't win a major was in 2004 ( reached wimby final) and 2006 when she barely played whole year. Soooo..

hingisGOAT
Feb 5th, 2007, 08:51 AM
let's talk about andy murray and how much he sucks. no really, he is the dopiest looking player i've ever seen, a miserable bag of bones. i wonder who gilbert had to blow to get all of his matches on ESPN :rolleyes:

Pureracket
Feb 5th, 2007, 12:51 PM
let's talk about andy murray and how much he sucks. no really, he is the dopiest looking player i've ever seen, a miserable bag of bones. i wonder who gilbert had to blow to get all of his matches on ESPN :rolleyes:
Patty Mc.

Kunal
Feb 5th, 2007, 01:10 PM

she doesnt go partying and doing cameos....lol

for starters she would need invitations for that kind of thing...and i feel justine doesnt really stack up that highly in that regard.....she is not box office at all.....unlike serena that screams Box office.....

Kunal
Feb 5th, 2007, 01:24 PM
serena has done what roger is doing now before.

the difference is that serena has not been able to dominate the tennis circuit for a period of 2 to 3 years.....if that happens then it would be great.

ryan09
Feb 5th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Roger has been on tour for the same number of years.

Shimizu Amon
Feb 5th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Serena is an amazing player, one of the best that ever played. But no to me she aint the female counter part of Federer. He has it all, he's a player that comes along once in a lifetime. Sorry to say but Serena aint that.

V-MAC
Feb 5th, 2007, 07:10 PM

:lol: I remember where Andy featured on some tv programme not too long ago, I am pretty sure it was on BBC's "The Most Annoying People of 2006." :o Andy made the list for apparently annoying English peeps just before the World Cup by saying that he hoped the English team would lose early :tape: Anyway, some man on the programme described Andy as having the permanent look of a boy who was just caught masturbating by his mother :lol: :o

winone23
Feb 5th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Patty Mc.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hingisGOAT
Feb 5th, 2007, 07:23 PM
:lol: I remember where Andy featured on some tv programme not too long ago, I am pretty sure it was on BBC's "The Most Annoying People of 2006." :o Andy made the list for apparently annoying English peeps just before the World Cup by saying that he hoped the English team would lose early :tape: Anyway, some man on the programme described Andy as having the permanent look of a boy who was just caught masturbating by his mother :lol: :o

:haha: does anyone have that murray/butthead comparison picture? :tape:

Dave.
Feb 5th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Serena is an amazing player, one of the best that ever played. But no to me she aint the female counter part of Federer. He has it all, he's a player that comes along once in a lifetime. Sorry to say but Serena aint that.

Not really. Serena just won a Grand Slam against a hugely competitive draw, whilts having the worst ever preparation and being overweight. That is just one of her many achievements.

Serena dominated tennis over a much more competitive field. Federer has had no real challenge except Nadal.

Serena has dominated doubles and mixed doubles, she is much more of a complete player. Federer hasen't come near to that.

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 6th, 2007, 03:05 AM
:secret: Don't say that, then they'll have one less excuse to doubt her. ;)

I don't think they should be compared though because there's no Richard Federer on the ATP :shrug:

Diesel
Feb 6th, 2007, 03:07 AM
Serena doesn't need comparison to any player, male or female. She's Serena Williams and that in itself is enough; her legacy is set it's pointed to greatness.

Pureracket
Feb 6th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Serena doesn't need comparison to any player, male or female. She's Serena Williams and that in itself is enough; her legacy is set it's pointed to greatness.That true. I was thinking the same thing.

RG Moonballer
Feb 6th, 2007, 11:22 AM
What a stupid discussion. Not enough we've got the whole Pete VS Roger debate, now it's Serena VS Roger? Come on now.

Geertvg
Feb 6th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Sorry. Serena will never be a Federer, she will never completely dominate the tour, the women's field is just too open for it, there's no way Serena will own Justine and Maria. Women's tennis has stepped it up and the group of players being able to win a slam or beat players like Serena and Justine has grown. Unlike men's tennis, where it's sure 1 player wins whatever tournament he competes in.

I know Serena fans *know* for a fact she'll be the new Federer as a fact, but I just don't see it happening, sorry. Women's tennis is just too strong for that at the moment :)

Libertango
Feb 6th, 2007, 11:37 AM
^Agreed tinoky.

Roger is Roger.
Serena is Serena.

Both are fabulous and so good for the game in general, not just mens and womens tennis.

VenusSerenaBlvd.
Feb 6th, 2007, 05:57 PM
^Agreed tinoky.

Roger is Roger.
Serena is Serena.

Both are fabulous and so good for the game in general, not just mens and womens tennis.

Amen to that! Also, I've never seen a player just go for winners the way that Serena did in the AO Final. I mean it was easy to because Sharapova's serves just sat up, but Serena truly meant business. Serena was precise, accurate, smart, and everything else a great tennis player should be. I hate it when people think that they just bang the ball and never think on court. Both Venus and Serena think on the court. Both can hit and place their serves all over the box with amazing pace. I swear when I see some of the girls get fooled like 10 times in one match, I crack up!! I watched an old clay match (recently, not sure when) between V and Hingis and there were some shots that V hit that were not a part of her "normal" game. Hingis was fooled with finesse shots, followed up by a powerful passing shot.

Mrs. Peel
Feb 6th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Not really. Serena just won a Grand Slam against a hugely competitive draw, whilts having the worst ever preparation and being overweight. That is just one of her many achievements.

Serena dominated tennis over a much more competitive field. Federer has had no real challenge except Nadal.

Serena has dominated doubles and mixed doubles, she is much more of a complete player. Federer hasen't come near to that.

Best post! :D

Tennisaddict
Feb 6th, 2007, 06:31 PM
If Serena stays healthy she can dominate the women´s game.
She has dominated the game before Federer did so I would say she can do it again with her main rivals at full health being Venus, Henin and Sharapova.

Steffica Greles
Feb 6th, 2007, 06:34 PM
LOL!

I find it amusing that this is about the most insightful comment an ATP player can muster in reference to women's tennis -- comparing Serena to Federer.

It's been apparent for far longer than Federer's glory years that Serena is far above the other women when she is fit and motivated. Has he only just noticed?

Denise4925
Feb 6th, 2007, 08:52 PM
I guess it would have been more accurate to say she could "AGAIN" do what Federer is doing, but I'm just being picky.

The real significance of this Q and A is not how Andy responded but rather the question itself, "What do the players think?" Andy gave him an honest answer- and he was speaking for MORE than just himself. So you gotta figure that if "the players"(at least to the extent that Andy knows which I'm sure is more than all of you doubters and haters know) are thinking this, and not just her fan base, you gotta figure their is SOMETHING TO IT!! If "the players" can see it, what's wrong with some of you arm-chair tour pros!! :lol: :lol: Stop hating. Stop living in denial! Serena Williams is one of the greatest athletes of her generation!! She is a living legend who will have faaar more historical significance that any other female player active today (with perhaps the exception of her sister). She is an Athlete approaching the Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan threshhold. Some of you simply don't want her to get there, but her PEERS- the players - are saying it, those of you less informed, less expert sound DUMB not saying it. If you harbor resentment in your heart for her, you should know your resentment is finding you out. It would probably be better simply to :tape:

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Denise4925
Feb 6th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Again, I quote:

Andy: "...she could do what Federer is doing."

note: diacritical stress should be amply applied to the word "could", implying in the future. The future being the thing that Andy was speculating on, NOT what is happening now, as it seems so many here would RATHER answer.

note to the note: though it could be argued that she ALREADY HAD begun to dominate "like Federer" :rolleyes: BEFORE Federer and now is simply back to finished what she started.

DF, they are not trying to hear you. :rolleyes:

Denise4925
Feb 6th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Sorry. Serena will never be a Federer, she will never completely dominate the tour, the women's field is just too open for it, there's no way Serena will own Justine and Maria.

Well, that's a lie because she already pwns Justine. Head to head, she's 5-3 over Justine. :o

And, she pwns Maria head to head 3-2. :o

Now what? :tape:

G1Player2
Feb 6th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Well, that's a lie because she already pwns Justine. Head to head, she's 5-3 over Justine. :o

And, she pwns Maria head to head 3-2. :o

Now what? :tape:

Justine hasn't even won a set off of Serena on any oher surface other than clay.

Hell, Justine has bigger problems to worry about anyway with Serena's sister, Venus. Venus OWNS Justine. 7-1. If that isn't domination then I don't know what is. :tape: