PDA

View Full Version : Lets Face It, Players Who Retire Never Get Respect

<!Society!>
Feb 3rd, 2007, 01:16 PM
it seems that any player who has the 'nerve' to retire during a tennis match when the injury isnt 'apparent' (e.g. seles stabbing, pierce's knee) is a fake according to the majority of posters on this board. They just cant win.

Henin in the AO finals, Sharapova against ivanovic today......just because WE dont see the pain doesnt mean they're not feeling pain.

There have been plenty of times ive had a leg problem but still been able to run - the only problem being im constantly aware of it and dont want to push to hard incase i make it worse - perhaps so the case with sharapova.

She retired - end of, which i think is pretty out of sorts for the serial screamer anyway.

ezekiel
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:08 PM
they all feel the pain in their souls :o but even then it's only professional to finnish the match.

RenaSlam.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:11 PM
Players always have nagging injuries, usually they finish the event or match. Unless it's VERY severe.

jujufreak
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:11 PM
they all feel the pain in their souls :o but even then it's only professional to finnish the match.

you call that professional, I call it idiotic ;)

When you get injured, you have to rest and let your body heal. No one likes to give up.

jujufreak
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:13 PM
Players always have nagging injuries, usually they finish the event or match. Unless it's VERY severe.

yes, there's a difference between little and severe injuries. Don't you think the players can judge better how bad the injury is than the people on this board?

Langers
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:14 PM
Even though you are risking further injury? :rolleyes: