PDA

View Full Version : Serena: Fear Factor Back?

supergrunt
Feb 3rd, 2007, 01:01 PM
What do you think? :)

<!Society!>
Feb 3rd, 2007, 01:04 PM
not just yet

i think she needs more than just 1 good tournament to prove shes still got it. Her results last year were garbage, and its too early in the year to say how good she actually is.

She had absolutely nothing to lose in the AO, everyone was against her from the start, shes obviously still got her tennis but i dont think the fear factor from early 00's is there......just yet at least.

Sefo
Feb 3rd, 2007, 01:35 PM
I rewatched the AO final today and Serena was very calm. At the time I didn't noticed. Wonder how it would be if she gets mad. Masha was lucky enough. Because I believe at 6-0 5-0 she would've called for "medical" timeout and retirement.:lol:

Il Primo!
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:23 PM
This fear factor is never gone IMO.

tennisfan1972
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:44 PM
The fact that the commentators continuously remind us that the other players are not intimidated anymore is very telling. If there is no intimidation then why bring it up every single Williams Match. I think if anything Both Venus and Serena still do have intimidation factor but more than anything they have skill and winning records. I think This intimidation BS is used to justify beatdown such as the AUS open Final. I mean how else can the number 1 player lose to number 81. She must be intimidated. This takes away from the skill that is displayed in the williams game. There is no intimidation needed, ever. If the williams play well very few can keep up. Sharapova and Henin seem to be the best with keeping up. If Venus is truly healthy again i see more williams finals in our future. cus serena is surely not going anywhee unles injured. She still has the best game out there hands down.

rottweily
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:53 PM
I hope it for her.