PDA

View Full Version : Monica Seles Stabbing

usher3103
Feb 3rd, 2007, 12:35 PM
After just watching an interesting interview about monica seles return from her stabbing, I saw Magdalena Maleeva just sitting in the chair after monica staggered onto court is this right or was she just in shock its hard to believe that she could be so heartless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgZhUjASt-I

Sam L
Feb 3rd, 2007, 12:39 PM
The Maleeva sisters never liked Seles. But who cares, she achieved more than their entire family combined. LOL!

Mina Vagante
Feb 3rd, 2007, 12:40 PM
omg i cant watch that :eek:

skanky~skanketta
The Maleeva sisters never liked Seles. But who cares, she achieved more than their entire family combined. LOL!
:rolleyes:

maggie was probably in shock! i think we would all agree that this is probably THE worst thing to happen in sports and imagine maggie sitting there being involved in it.

:inlove:
She was in complete shock.
What was she supposed to do? Give her a shoulder rub?

Langers
Feb 3rd, 2007, 12:44 PM
Absolute tragedy. Monica. :sad:

ceiling_fan
Feb 3rd, 2007, 12:45 PM
obviously she was in shock. they may have edited it to show a part before the stabbing, or a while after?

Dave.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:03 PM
What was Maggie supposed to do?

Anyway she wasen't just sitting ignoring it, the clip shows when she just noticed it. She herself probably has flashbacks to that aswell, what a horrible position for her to be in aswell.

This was one of the the most terrible moments ever. It completely changed tennis and Kept Monica from becoming the greatest singles player of all time.

aussie_fan
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:07 PM
She would of been in shock, there is not much she could of done anyway

lecciones
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:12 PM
TERRIBLE!!! Monica Seles is a champion!!!! imagine how much more GS monica could've won!!!

Langers
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:12 PM
TERRIBLE imagine how much more GS monica could've won!!!
Wouldn't held the record IMO.

Fantastic
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:31 PM
No, the real heartless person involved in this whole incident was the man who actually stabbed Monica, not Maggie Maleeva. When it happened, nobody knew what was going on. It was a mass of confusion. There was a panicked scream from Monica and a shocked gasp from the people sitting directly behind her and next to her assailant. Maggie looked over and saw Monica leaping out of her seat but had no idea of what was happening until she saw the man being restrained by fellow spectators.

When Maggie had to play Monica at the 1998 French Open, she was interviewed and said that playing Monica again brought back frightening memories of Hamburg. She described it as a surreal moment and paid tribute to Monica's courage and mental fortitude for returning to the game. Many people often overlook Maggie Maleeva when discussing the stabbing incident. She did not just walk away with a walkover win. She too walked away with a nightmare ingrained into her memory.

sonnys
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:45 PM
No, the real heartless person involved in this whole incident was the man who actually stabbed Monica, not Maggie Maleeva. When it happened, nobody knew what was going on. It was a mass of confusion. There was a panicked scream from Monica and a shocked gasp from the people sitting directly behind her and next to her assailant. Maggie looked over and saw Monica leaping out of her seat but had no idea of what was happening until she saw the man being restrained by fellow spectators.

When Maggie had to play Monica at the 1998 French Open, she was interviewed and said that playing Monica again brought back frightening memories of Hamburg. She described it as a surreal moment and paid tribute to Monica's courage and mental fortitude for returning to the game. Many people often overlook Maggie Maleeva when discussing the stabbing incident. She did not just walk away with a walkover win. She too walked away with a nightmare ingrained into her memory.

Yes that was in 1996, not 98!

Marcus Jordan
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:48 PM

Well she was 17 when she won her first so she wouldn't run out of time to break the record thats for sure. And she wouldn't have been overpowered by anyone.

Malin
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:49 PM
i still think even if i was in complete shock i wouldn't have just sat there, but i guess i have a conscience

I<3Myskina
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:59 PM
She couldn't have done much. Even if she went over to help there would have been medical staff there and she wouldn't have been able to a thing.

Martian KC
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:13 PM

Maybe, maybe not. But she'd still have had more than graf.:tape: That's right. I went there.

iWill
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:26 PM
Wow i just watched the interview and i had nvr seen or heard what actually happened its really sad i couldnt imagine how i would react if that happened to my favorite and its even more of a shame because no matter what people say that stabbing inflated Graf's slams not that she may not have won some of them but Monica would've taken some of those too and thats for sure but all in all that is such a terrible thing that could've happened..... i wonder if there is an interview somewhere with the guy that stabbed her

spencercarlos
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:20 PM
After just watching an interesting interview about monica seles return from her stabbing, I saw Magdalena Maleeva just sitting in the chair after monica staggered onto court is this right or was she just in shock its hard to believe that she could be so heartless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgZhUjASt-I
Had she gone to her side of the court and give Seles her back, and start to hit practise serves, ala Sharapova-Golovin, then i would say she is heartless.

joaco
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:37 PM
htat sucksss:::

drummer girl
Feb 4th, 2007, 12:56 AM
Maggie would have been in complete shock, and also she didn't know exactly what was going on for a time. Plus noone here can really talk any shit because none of us were in Maggie or Monica's situation.

"Had she gone to her side of the court and give Seles her back, and start to hit practise serves, ala Sharapova-Golovin, then i would say she is heartless."

Agreed

swissmisshingis
Feb 4th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Monica :sad:

nsquare
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:26 AM
i still remember the day.when i looked in the newspaper and saw that news....it still sends a shudder down my spine.poor maggie,what could she hav done anyway?

hingis-seles
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Maggie said in an interview that later on she felt guilty for not doing more, but she was in a complete state of shock, almost frozen in place, at what had happened.

Honestly, I don't see how anyone can blame her. It must have been horrifying to watch helplessly.

disco_rage
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:19 AM
How the hell do you know how you would react to something like it. It's impossible to know!

Seles was so brave to overcome that but i think same for Maleeva because seeing something like that must have some effect and going back on court after something like that, it could really effect you. I say well done for both players to be able to still take to the courts.

Leopold Stotch
Feb 4th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Beyond comprehension why the Germans would let this man go free.