PDA

View Full Version : The Beginning of the End of Maria Sharapova?

OZTENNIS
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:49 AM
Is it? Discuss

LudwigDvorak
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:50 AM
A Slam final and a Tier I semifinal, playing her worst tennis in both. Yeah, definitely something up.

Aaron.
:weirdo: Most retarted thread of the year

eck
No.
A semifinal in a Tier 1 is nothing to be ashamed for.

crazyroberto6767
Clearly. I'd be surprised if she ever won a match again.

Dan23
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:52 AM
:help: she is 19 not 29

brokenflowers
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:53 AM
Right. Not playing her best tennis and made it to the final of the 1st Grand Slam tournament of 07 and the semifinals of a Tier event. I wonder what'll happen once she gets back on form. The end? Possibly not.

Marshmallow
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:54 AM
Yep. Beginning of the great depression! Mark my words.

pooh14
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:54 AM
come on guys, she is 19
ya she had a bad start, but it is on February.

besides reaching AO finals, and Semis of Tier I isnt that bad afterall

OZTENNIS
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:55 AM
Yep. Beginning of the great depression! Mark my words.

I agree, she has really struggled of late.

supergrunt
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:56 AM
No... just a slump.. and you can't just keep hitting the ball hard and flat though... I must admit though that the slump began at the beggining of the year, stopped during the final of the AO, and hen continued.. :D

OZTENNIS
Hey Brokenflowers and pooh14 where abouts do u live in malaysia? i just went to penang and kl

Louis Cyphre
Is it? Discuss

why you post stupid threads every day ?

bellascarlett
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:58 AM
:help: she is 19 not 29

:lol:

;) but the last couple of days, a lot of trolls have been competing for the year's most retarded thread. nothing new when they see an opening to bash maria. but they shut up once maria proves them wrong.

Is it? Discuss

YOU WISH! :lol:

OZTENNIS
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:00 AM
why you post stupid threads every day ?

WHY DO U POST IN ''STUPID THREADS'' EVERY DAY?

Derek.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:01 AM
Yes.

I mean she's terrible.

I mean getting to the Aus Open final is less than winning a 10K these days. :rolleyes:

densuprun
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:02 AM
Is it? Discuss

Is OZTENNIS an imbecile? Is he? Discuss

Porcupine
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:02 AM
The beginning of the end of bad serve of Maria Sharapova ;)

OZTENNIS
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:03 AM
Is OZTENNIS an imbecile? Is he? Discuss

What makes u think i am a boy?

azi
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:03 AM
I'm amazed how some people can harbor hate towards someone they dont even know personally..

With that said, there must be some injury for MAria to be playing like this... When she's healthy, just like when she won the US open 06, she's winning almost everything...

SelesFan70
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:04 AM
:rolleyes:

Although it may the end the end of Michael Joyce AND this horrible new serve. :lol:

densuprun
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:04 AM
What makes u think i am a boy?

There are fewer girls among imbeciles.

thomas.chung
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:05 AM
I don't think this is really the end for Maria. Clearly she played a lot of tennis over the past three weeks. In addition to the beat down she got from Serena last Friday, she must be very tired mentally, emotionally, and physically. I am not a fan of Maria, but seeing anyone going down like this is not good. Hope she can get her form back by Dubai, cause I need her and Serena to rival each other again!

Brooklyn90
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:06 AM
she's just having a hard time, everyone does.

Dexter
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:13 AM
please... give her a break. :o

brokenflowers
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:14 AM
Hey Brokenflowers and pooh14 where abouts do u live in malaysia? i just went to penang and kl

Hey! I'm from KL. :)

OZTENNIS
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:17 AM
Hey! I'm from KL. :)

cool :cool: i really enjoyed it, u c my dad is malay. he is from penang

franny
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:19 AM
A Slam final and a Tier I semifinal, playing her worst tennis in both. Yeah, definitely something up.

Lol, exactly. Homegirl is able to play like crap and with an injury and still goes on to reach the slam final and a semi of a tier 2. I don't know many players who can do that. And yet this is the beginning of the end. Well then to all those players who can't even reach a slam final, it's a sad state that they are in.

Serge007
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:21 AM
I don't know many players who can do that.
only 2. Henin and Sharapova.

Josh.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:21 AM
ahhh no she'll be right

brokenflowers
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:27 AM
Lol, exactly. Homegirl is able to play like crap and with an injury and still goes on to reach the slam final and a semi of a tier 2. I don't know many players who can do that. And yet this is the beginning of the end. Well then to all those players who can't even reach a slam final, it's a sad state that they are in.

I agree. So agree. What about players who's playing their best and yet unable to reach the status Henin and Shara have? They are in a very sad state indeed.

Dawn Marie
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:32 AM
Well this depends on how you define "the end"?

I mean it could be the end of Maria for this week or this month. Not the end of her tennis. LOL!

All players go through this. The girl didn't really want to play Tokyo imho she wanted to go home and cry and sulk. I think her coaches told her to go and play and win it to continue to gain her confidence. I think the AO final crushed her emotionally and mentally. She's in robotic form and needs a BREAK/RESTand imho she needs to get the AO final out of her head and regroup.

bellascarlett
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:42 AM
Well this depends on how you define "the end"?

I mean it could be the end of Maria for this week or this month. Not the end of her tennis. LOL!

All players go through this. The girl didn't really want to play Tokyo imho she wanted to go home and cry and sulk. I think her coaches told her to go and play and win it to continue to gain her confidence. I think the AO final crushed her emotionally and mentally. She's in robotic form and needs a BREAK/RESTand imho she needs to get the AO final out of her head and regroup.

Maria is never one to cry and sulk for a long period of time. The girl is a tough cookie. Look at her history of bad losses and the aftermaths. She's one of the best ones at pulling herself together after a tough loss and can even win the next tournament.

Again, it wasnt about the AO final. It was a tough tough loss, yes. But Maria has been playing poorly since the beginning of the season. The girl was supposed to be home after the AO first round and yet still reached the final. People make it to be about the AO final when it's just not. Maria's hasn't been on top form since the start of the season. Even at the HK exhibition, she was already showing signs of serve issues.

OZTENNIS
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:44 AM
well yuri can go and have that haircut now...

Mother_Marjorie
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:46 AM
Troll thread.

supergrunt
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:46 AM
Alright lets just set the record straight on one thing :( :secret: ... no matter what kind of form Maria was in at the AO final, she was not going to win, :shrug: okaaaaaay :snapsnap:

OZTENNIS
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:48 AM
Troll thread.

that's nice, i like trolls, thankyou for the best compliment u could have ever given me :hearts: :kiss: :kiss: :hearts:

Hashim.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:49 AM
its just two matches..v can't judge on that..

~CANUCK~
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:52 AM
Alright lets just set the record straight on one thing :( :secret: ... no matter what kind of form Maria was in at the AO final, she was not going to win, :shrug: okaaaaaay :snapsnap:

And why is this relevant to this thread at all? No one is stating otherwise. Stop being so freaking annoying. Serena played the match of her life, but that has nothing to do with the fact that Maria hasn't played well all year.

bellascarlett
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:53 AM
And why is this relevant to this thread at all? No one is stating otherwise. Stop being so freaking annoying. Serena played the match of her life, but that has nothing to do with the fact that Maria hasn't played well all year.

:worship: exactly...:lol:

UncleZeke
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:57 AM
No, it is not beginning of end.

supergrunt
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:58 AM
Its relevant... :lol: (I shouldn't have to explain this b/c you know exactly why) okay but, its relevant b/c people are saying that Sharpie has been playing bad and that was one of the resaons why she lost the final, and that the only reason why she beat Clijsters so badly was becuase Clijsters wasn't playing well. Just an attempt by stupid Masha fans to try to discredit Serena's win indirectly; just like Mary actually... kind of sad :rolleyes:

O and if saying that Serena played the match of her life makes you feel better
go ahead and say it. That wasn' her best, that was just a taste :cool:

DOUBLEFIST
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:59 AM
Being a Serena fan, I'm hesitant to say that about ANY player, and I certainly wouldn't say it about Shapo.

Is it the beginning of a rough patch. I think it could be, but certainly not the beginning of the end. She a tough one.

~CANUCK~
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:00 AM
Its relevant... :lol: (I shouldn't have to explain this b/c you know exactly why) okay but, its relevant b/c people are saying that Sharpie has been playing bad and that was one of the resaons wh she lost a final. Oh and, if you saying that Serena played the match of her life at that final makes you feel better, go ahead and say it. THat wasn;t her best, that was just a taste :cool:

It doesn't make me feel any better, what Serena does is of no concern to me. It was the best match I have ever seen a female play in a very long and I think was her best match ever. No one is saying that Maria lost the final because she was playing bad, she lost the final to the better player. We got over it already, you should move on also :rolleyes:

OZTENNIS
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:01 AM
Its relevant... :lol: (I shouldn't have to explain this b/c you know exactly why) okay but, its relevant b/c people are saying that Sharpie has been playing bad and that was one of the resaons wh she lost a final. Oh and, if you saying that Serena played the match of her life at that final makes you feel better, go ahead and say it. THat wasn;t her best, that was just a taste :cool:

I agree, Serena is still a half step slow and a little out of shape...a 6-0, 6-0 thrashing of Sharapova may be on the cards if serena gets back into top shape...and boy would i love that

DOUBLEFIST
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:02 AM
Serena played the match of her life, but that has nothing to do with the fact that Maria hasn't played well all year.

Serena played, by 2002, 2003 standards, a "good" match. Far from the "Match of her life."

supergrunt
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:05 AM
It doesn't make me feel any better, what Serena does is of no concern to me. It was the best match I have ever seen a female play in a very long and I think was her best match ever. No one is saying that Maria lost the final because she was playing bad, she lost the final to the better player. We got over it already, you should move on also :rolleyes:

You're a Maria fan, (a little bitter right now b/c she just got thrashed by Serena) and I am a Serena fan. We could argue all day, but I am tired so... goodnight. :)

~CANUCK~
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:08 AM
Serena played, by 2002, 2003 standards, a "good" match. Far from the "Match of her life."

Even when Serena was in her best form during the Serena slam she never won a match like this. She allowed no rallies what so ever in that match. I have never seen anyone dictate play like that against the #1 in the world. You can say what you want, but to go out there and smack the shit out of the ball for winner after winner not allowing Maria to even touch the ball. I don't know how she could have played a better match.

~CANUCK~
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:11 AM
You're a Maria fan, (a little bitter right now b/c she just got thrashed by Serena) and I am a Serena fan. We could argue all day, but I am tired so... goodnight. :)

Clearly I haven't slept in a week because of this :rolleyes: You are the one that seems so insecure over this.

ZListCelebrity
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:12 AM
Everyone will figure out how to play her, she will lose her killer will and she'll become an ordinary top 5 to 10 player. Think of Hewitt.

bellascarlett
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:12 AM

:lol: the argument was already over...there was supposed to be none to begin with...canuck was right...your post was freakin irrelevant. :lol:

cellophane
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:13 AM
No... just a slump.. and you can't just keep hitting the ball hard and flat though... I must admit though that the slump began at the beggining of the year, stopped during the final of the AO, and hen continued.. :D

How convenient. :tape:

kjn
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:20 AM
It's clearly not the end she is just probably tired. Some of her worst losses came when she played so many matches in a short period of time. Examples are the losses against Kuznetsova in Miami and the one against Dementieva in LA. I'm sure she'll bounce back in no time, her worst loss was the double bagel against Davenport and she reached the final of her next tournament. She was drained after playing 9 matches and 2 3 setters in a row, what would you expect from someone not srong enough physically?

Sharapova's_Boy
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:33 AM
:retard:

Hingie
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:07 AM
Everyone will figure out how to play her, she will lose her killer will and she'll become an ordinary top 5 to 10 player. Think of Hewitt.

Ummm Hewitt has no power... Sharapova does.

She'll bounce back.

f_torres
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:12 AM
last 40 matches - 35 win :rolleyes: 2 retired :sad:
What a Beginning of the end...
http://forums.data.bg:8080/images/smiles/icon_iamwithstupid.gif

DOUBLEFIST
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:17 AM
Even when Serena was in her best form during the Serena slam she never won a match like this. She allowed no rallies what so ever in that match. I have never seen anyone dictate play like that against the #1 in the world. You can say what you want, but to go out there and smack the shit out of the ball for winner after winner not allowing Maria to even touch the ball. I don't know how she could have played a better match.

That might be the best FINAL Serena ever played, but Serena RIPPED through draws in 2002. She played quite spectacular, throughout that year. But yeah, this could have been the best FINAL she played.

G~Playa
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:18 AM

Agreed

No.1Hingis
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:20 AM
:lol: :lol:

Not in the real live.. not in ours dreams.. she is young and is number one at time.. hehehehe... is funny...

sure NOT.. I have to be honest .. theres some stuffs I dislike from her ( she needs to grown up).. but the spirit to fight is not one of those aspects I would hate from her..

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:24 AM
Come on !!

Someone loses in semis and already is out of top 10 (Lena) or this is the beginning of the end (Pova)

Bipolars