PDA

View Full Version : Why Sharapova is called "Big Masha" and Kirilenko is "Little Masha"?

ZeroSOFInfinity
Feb 2nd, 2007, 03:50 PM
Kirilenko is older than Sharapova, so why is she called the Little one instead? Is it because of their stature, or due to their popularity and fame? :confused:

bellascarlett
Feb 2nd, 2007, 04:02 PM
It's quite obvious Maria S. is taller than Kirilenko.

Nicolás89
Feb 2nd, 2007, 04:06 PM
it works in differents levels

sharapova is taller, is more popular, has big contracts and sponsors, wins big matches, is a better player, and go on and go on , see?:wavey:

Marcus Jordan
Feb 2nd, 2007, 04:08 PM
Kirilenko is older than Sharapova, so why is she called the Little one instead? Is it because of their stature, or due to their popularity and fame? :confused:

Cos Sharapova is REALLY tall and BROAD shouldered :bounce:

xan
Feb 2nd, 2007, 04:09 PM
Maria S is bigger in size, and she has had the bigger results.

I suppose it comes from when they were playing doubles together.

Mightymirza
Feb 2nd, 2007, 04:09 PM
YEah Sharpy is overall bigger in all departments!!(except age maybe)

Tenis Srbija
Feb 2nd, 2007, 04:11 PM
:rolleyes:

I like little Masha :hearts:

Ravsieg
Feb 2nd, 2007, 05:18 PM
That goes back to when Sharapova was still the "girl who made Wimby 4th Round that young", so success is not a factor on that.

the cat
Feb 2nd, 2007, 08:48 PM

Zero, I came up with these apropos nicknames for Maria Sharapova and Maria Kirilenko becasue Big Masha is 6'2" tall while Little Masha is 5'8" tall. It makes sense to me. ;)

Helen Lawson
Feb 2nd, 2007, 08:54 PM
I tried to get people to call them collectively, "the Mashas" or even "the Masha sisters" but it didn't take off. Rat bastards on this board! Plus, Little Masha has underperformed, which hasn't helped.

I wish they would play doubles at the majors, though, and I still maintain they both should do a clothing ad set in Central Park where they flirt with boys and smell flowers with Tina Turner's "Typical Male" playing in the background. That would be one kick-ass commercial.

the cat
Feb 2nd, 2007, 08:58 PM
I tried to get people to call them collectively, "the Mashas" or even "the Masha sisters" but it didn't take off. Rat bastards on this board! Plus, Little Masha has underperformed, which hasn't helped.

I wish they would play doubles at the majors, though, and I still maintain they both should do a clothing ad set in Central Park where they flirt with boys and smell flowers with Tina Turner's "Typical Male" playing in the background. That would be one kick-ass commercial.

That's a good marketing strategy Helen. But there's a problem. They represent different sportswear companies. ;) Big Masha is with Nike and Little Masha is with Adidas.

Modiac.
Feb 2nd, 2007, 08:59 PM
Isn't it obvious?
MashaS is taller and looks bigger than Makiri. ;)

Helen Lawson
Feb 2nd, 2007, 08:59 PM
That's a good marketing strategy Helen. But there's a problem. They represent different sportswear companies. ;) Big Masha is with Nike and Little Masha is with Adidas.

I know! :fiery: Maybe it can be something else. If all else fails, throw a couple of beers in their hands and it can be a beer ad. :angel:

Mike_T
Feb 2nd, 2007, 09:10 PM
Wallet size.