PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports (Australia) not showing Tokyo

krystlel
Feb 2nd, 2007, 01:43 AM
I checked the TV Guide about three or four days ago and the semi-finals and final of the Tokyo tournament was still on the schedule but now it has been taken off. :mad:

Since Tokyo is a tier 1, are they ever going to show any women's tournaments? :rolleyes:

Also, according to the updated TV Guide, Foxtel are only showing the final of the Delray Beach (ATP), whereas they were originally going to show the semi-finals as well.

Really annoying how they got me looking forward to seeing some tennis on TV only to take it off the schedule. :mad:

Sharapova's_Boy
Feb 2nd, 2007, 01:53 AM
That's so typical of Fox Sports. :rolleyes:

I thought the point of adding FS3 was to show more sport, not to show more boring replays of the A-League. :zzz:

Martian Stacey
Feb 2nd, 2007, 02:00 AM
Thats bs :mad: What are they showing instead? Maybe they've been moved to a later date?

krystlel
Feb 2nd, 2007, 02:01 AM
Instead, they're showing the 5th(?) replay of the Australian Open review.

Langers
Feb 2nd, 2007, 02:04 AM
They are still showing the Delray Beach Final, at 7:30am on Monday the 5th.That's so typical of Fox Sports. :rolleyes:

I thought the point of adding FS3 was to show more sport, not to show more boring replays of the A-League. :zzz:
A-League. :zzz:

They said they were going to show more tennis on FS3, what a load of rubbish that promise was. :mad:

Martian Stacey
Feb 2nd, 2007, 02:05 AM
They are still showing the Delray Beach Final, at 7:30am on Monday the 5th.

They said they were going to show more tennis on FS3, what a load of rubbish that promise was. :mad:
A-league is almost finished, any chance they will show more of other sports after that?

Langers
Feb 2nd, 2007, 02:08 AM
A-league is almost finished, any chance they will show more of other sports after that?
We can only hope. What else could they possibly show after the soccer has finished? :o

krystlel
Feb 2nd, 2007, 02:10 AM
They've got plenty of room to show it on the schedule especially since the coverage wasn't live anyway. They just don't want to put in the money and would rather put in cheap repeats/replays :rolleyes:.

tennisvideos
Feb 2nd, 2007, 02:44 AM
Maybe they may show the Tokyo final a week later like they often do with the womens tournaments ... I don't know why they do that though.

Luckily I have Eurosport and they are showing the semis and final. But it's in French and I always prefer the English commentary on Fox Sports. So here's hoping they show a replay at some stage.

Sharapova's_Boy
Feb 2nd, 2007, 03:37 AM
We can only hope. What else could they possibly show after the soccer has finished? :o

Probably more Soccer, or Cricket, or anything that we've already seen 34568927048523903418 times.

ctan88
Feb 2nd, 2007, 05:21 AM
This is so typical of Fox Sports ... hate them so much!

nade00
Feb 2nd, 2007, 05:42 AM
guys email feedback@foxsports.com.au and complain. The more people who do it, the better, even if you don't live in Aus.

I am also a big follower of Womens' Artistic Gymnastics and it used to get nothing, but after persistence and emailing the coverage has really increased to over 16 hours per month.

I thin FoxSports shows a lot of gender bias in that the ATP tour is on much more, and most of their sports are already male dominated. That could be a good angle to take.

aussie12
Feb 2nd, 2007, 05:44 AM
lets all write in letters of complaint, we might get them to show a replay at least.

aussie12
Feb 2nd, 2007, 05:54 AM
this is mine:
thanks alot fox sports, once again you have snubbed womens sports again. It was advertised earlier in the week in the tv guide that you were showing the WTA tokyo semis and final now you are not. Im sick of you screening d-grade ATP events like Delray Beach & Rhode Island and not showing top class womens events like Tokyo. We live in the year 2007, i thought their was equality between the sexes, but apparently not, and this is coming from a male. please at least show a replay sometime next week, I think its the least you can do.

Dan23
Feb 2nd, 2007, 06:05 AM
They are still showing the Delray Beach Final, at 7:30am on Monday the 5th.
:zzz: x 34536326

you believed them? ;)

Langers
Feb 2nd, 2007, 06:17 AM
:zzz: x 34536326;)
:lol: :worship:
you believed them? ;)
I knew it was too good to be true. :o

WC6320
Feb 2nd, 2007, 06:25 AM
At least you guys have foxtel, not me:sad:

krystlel
Feb 2nd, 2007, 06:55 AM
This one was mine:
What is up with the tennis coverage on Fox Sports? I noticed in earlier versions of the TV Guide that the Tokyo WTA semi-finals and final and Delray Beach ATP semi-finals and final were scheduled and now only the Delray Beach final is still on the schedule. I have to say this is disappointing, especially the Tokyo event given that it was shown last year. It seemed at the end of last year when Fox Sports 3 was added, that with the addition of coverage of Tier 2 events such as Stuttgart and Linz that we were moving towards the direction of more WTA events. What is the plan for coverage of women's tennis in the near future? Are we going to be able to see anything at all?