PDA

View Full Version : I want my Semipova back!

ZListCelebrity
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:11 PM
Justine, Amelie and the sistahs... Train hard. I want my semipova back this year :hug:

Shoulderpova
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:21 PM
too late i guess. Finalova now :yeah:

miffedmax
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:24 PM
How did this troll end up with that much good rep?

gmak
Semipova is gone... get used to it quick! :devil:

Mina Vagante
:lol:

Natasc
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:26 PM

good question.... :scratch:

bellascarlett
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:28 PM
ah shut up...:o

Uranus
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:31 PM
:lol: me too

Emina.
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:32 PM
she'll never be back,get used ,get used :dance:

ZListCelebrity
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:35 PM
She'll be back there... It was just a bad period for Justine and Amelie. Hopefully the way she was demolished at AO will hurt her confidence too.

Mightymirza
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:37 PM
Miss her :lol:

jamatthews
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:40 PM
Straightsetspova

She rarely drops a set now, but when she loses the 1st set she looks certain to lose. Was Kirilenko the last time she came from a set down?

hingisGOAT
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:41 PM
i think serena really, REALLY exposed maria for the one-dimensional (and quite frankly, awkward & gangly) player that she really is. i personally don't expect to see her in too many finals.

ZListCelebrity
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:49 PM
Semipova = http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/343/ch063juliawinterlh5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Natasc
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:50 PM
i think serena really, REALLY exposed maria for the one-dimensional (and quite frankly, awkward & gangly) player that she really is. i personally don't expect to see her in too many finals.

If was Hingis or Justine that played her and won with "close sets" than I would agree Because those 2 player have an amazing match and a great variety of style and with close sets we would know that the cause was 'cause Maria wasn't comming to the net when she needed or something like this, but you're talking about a match lasted litle more than 1 hour and a match that Maria played almost nothing... so yeah, good analyze... :rolleyes:

:inlove:
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:50 PM

Adal
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:54 PM
:tape: :lol: :lick: :eek: :p :devil: :worship: :sad: :kiss: :hearts: :bounce:

E. Blackadder
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:57 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/images/awesome1r.jpg

mboyle
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:57 PM
She'll be back there... It was just a bad period for Justine and Amelie. Hopefully the way she was demolished at AO will hurt her confidence too.

Amelie is just...laughable. She got bageled by Jankovic and then lost in straight sets to Safarova.

Maria is younger than Justine and Amelie. She is physically stronger. She is bigger. She has more firepower. She has a better team. Maria will not lose consistently to anyone but Serena (when she shows up.) Get over it.

goldenlox
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:59 PM
I wish Sveta, Nadia and Anna C would become semipovas. It's hard to reach the semis of a major.

Emina.
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:59 PM

dont worry about it ,Maria is a strong girl who has been through worse in her short existance.

:o

Emina.
Jan 31st, 2007, 08:03 PM
i personally don't expect to see her in too many finals.

i personally expect to see her so yeah dont worry you'll see her soon.

bellascarlett
Jan 31st, 2007, 08:08 PM
Actually, Clijsters has been the one stuck in 'Semipova' land for a while now...4 semis since 2006 iirc...Maria has won her second major...+ was in the AO final...and yet people choose to obsess about her...*sigh*

oh well...

denisgiann
Jan 31st, 2007, 08:26 PM
Οnly Finalova and Grandslamova from now on.Sorry little troll:wavey: .

Kipling
Jan 31st, 2007, 08:55 PM

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d138/BrentBlackburn/screw_ball.jpg

Corswandt
Jan 31st, 2007, 08:59 PM

Trolls are usually given good reps by fellow haters of the players they target.

saki
Jan 31st, 2007, 09:06 PM
I think it's hilarious that players like Ivanovic get hyped for getting to one GS QF but Sharapova got constantly denigrated for getting to GS SFs consistently. Her consistency is nothing to sniff at.

franny
Jan 31st, 2007, 09:19 PM

That's dumb. Serena exposed nothing. Everyone knew she's awkward and gangly, but do you think it's easy to do to Maria what Serena did to her? It's one thing to know a player's weakness, it's another to be able to execute. When you play Maria, you either have to beat her by overpowering her(which ONLY the Williams can do) or you out run and out variety her (Justine and Amelie). If you can't do neither, then you arent going to beat her unless she beats herself, which happens now like once in 30 matches. So there really are only 4-5 players at most who can beat Sharapova. And at the same time, Sharapova can also beat these players. So when all these players face, 2/5 will reach the finals, but it won't be the same 2. Sharapova will be reaching more finals, as will Serena, Justine, and Amelie. They will all also be winning. People need to give Sharapova more credit. She doens't win because other players beat themselves. She wins by overpowering her opponents, by hitting her shots so close to the lines and by staying so mentally strong. She lost 6-0, 6-0 to Davenport, and everyone was like, oooh look, Davenport exposed her weakness. She ends up getting to number 1, winning another slam, and now is one of the most successful players on tour. Plus she beats Davenport twice more after that match. One match doesnt mean anything. Everyone has their good days and their bad days, people just read way too much into things.

Sefo
Jan 31st, 2007, 09:32 PM
I'm still wondering how the hell beat Serena in Wim'04 final?

Emina.
Jan 31st, 2007, 09:35 PM
I think it's hilarious that players like Ivanovic get hyped for getting to one GS QF but Sharapova got constantly denigrated for getting to GS SFs consistently. Her consistency is nothing to sniff at.

it is hilarious indeed :o :rolleyes:

ZListCelebrity
Jan 31st, 2007, 09:37 PM
it is hilarious indeed :o :rolleyes:

oooohhhh... My thread is invaded by Maria_Kim...

goldenlox
Jan 31st, 2007, 10:04 PM
Look at it this way, Sharapova has reached every non RG slam semi since 2004. So she can be known for getting at least to the semis.

tyosi
Jan 31st, 2007, 10:21 PM
I've never liked her,but I must admit she does add spice to the mix!But it's always a bit too much for me though when she overdoes by reaching the finals.So i also say bring back semipova!

new-york
Jan 31st, 2007, 10:41 PM
Look at it this way, Sharapova has reached every non RG slam semi since 2004. So she can be known for getting at least to the semis.

since AO 2005.

great consistency for sure.

ZListCelebrity
Feb 2nd, 2007, 03:46 AM
Welcome back semipova... now lose to Ai.

Emina.
Feb 2nd, 2007, 04:38 AM
this is deffinetly not your lucky day :wavey:

Masha:worship:

gary
Feb 2nd, 2007, 04:55 AM
Actually, Clijsters has been the one stuck in 'Semipova' land for a while now...4 semis since 2006 iirc...Maria has won her second major...+ was in the AO final...and yet people choose to obsess about her...*sigh*

oh well...

semijsters :lol:

Dan23
Feb 2nd, 2007, 04:57 AM
*bookmarks thread*

pooh14
Feb 2nd, 2007, 05:13 AM
why would someone turn negative out of something good. how many players have consistently reach semis for GS they have played?

SharapovaFan16
Feb 2nd, 2007, 05:20 AM
they fear Maria that's all

PLP
Feb 2nd, 2007, 06:24 AM
why would someone turn negative out of something good. how many players have consistently reach semis for GS they have played?

Exactly.

Masha will not win every tournament but she also won't lose before the semis, of any tournament. That's why she's #1. :wavey: