PDA

View Full Version : Anne Keothavong viewing career as professional kickboxer once she's done with tennis!

MLF
Jan 31st, 2007, 04:24 PM
Unusual choice but I suppose good luck to her if she follows it up. This is from her LTA profile page : http://www.lta.org.uk/Performance/TopPlayerProfiles/TopPlayersWomen/KeothavongAnne.htm

Personal: Has two brothers and a sister. Older brother James is a professional umpire, younger sister Lena is at university, younger brother Mark at school. All siblings play tennis. Anne’s parents (mother, Vathana, and father, Somsak) don't play despite introducing their children to the game. Grew up playing park tennis at Hackney Downs Park and Highbury Fields (“I still do but when the park keeper is there he never likes to give us courts to play on now because we're not his regulars!”). Loves kickboxing and would like to train and compete in tournaments once tennis career is over. Also enjoys Tae Kwon Do and Karate, listening to music (favourite bands are Coldplay and Snow Patrol). Says she is “obsessed with watching cooking and food programmes even though I can’t cook myself!” and that she reads too many girly books. Likes to shop but “I don’t have enough money to buy the things I want!”

*JR*
Jan 31st, 2007, 09:26 PM
Could be useful to bitchslap tennis opponents. :bolt:

Monica_Rules
Jan 31st, 2007, 09:30 PM
LOL Anne. Maybe its her dreaming of a kick boxing career thats stopping her from fulfilling her potential in tennis:(

UncleZeke
Jan 31st, 2007, 09:37 PM
She's around #150 in rankings and 23 yr old. Don't believe she'll ever crack top 100, so why not go for it as kickboxer.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 31st, 2007, 09:38 PM
Well since she's getting her ass kicked on the tennis court, it's nice to hear that she might at some time kick back.

Europe rocks
Jan 31st, 2007, 09:41 PM
Maybe Anne could use it to intimidate her opponents and win lots of matches and titles. She won her first match today which is a good start!

polly
Jan 31st, 2007, 10:03 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sharapova's_Boy
Feb 1st, 2007, 01:07 AM
:bolt:

brunof
Feb 1st, 2007, 01:30 AM
I think Anne has the game to be a top 100 player...however it's kind of mental with her I think.