PDA

View Full Version : Clijsters withdraws from Paris

E. Blackadder
Jan 31st, 2007, 11:19 AM
She has a minor straining/exhaustion of the hip. She will take some rest that week as a precaution. Doesn't want to endanger Antwerp.

Problems with my hip 31-01-2007

I got quite a jetlag after having returned from Australia. My daily rhythm is still a bit shaken up. Also, I'm suffering from my hip, even after a couple of days of rest.

I have been to the hospital yesterday for a check up and the analysis was that I am currently suffering from a strain injury. I've been advised to rest and am therefore forced to cancel my Paris tournament. I would otherwise jeopardize my participation in Antwerp and I certainly want to avoid that.

So a week of resting and then start training again on Thursday or Friday so I can be ready for the Proximus Diamond Games. I heard that my first match on Wednesday already sold more than 9000 tickets, quite a promising prospect!

As I am forced to keep low I'm preparing for the wedding more. In the next couple of days I should be seeing Nicky Vankets to talk through the wedding dress design. I am now able to get a couple of things done as well. And on Saturday I'll be cheering loudly at Bree-Bergen.

See you in Antwerp, looking forward to it!
Kim
x

Source: www.kimcijsters.be

Hashim.
Jan 31st, 2007, 11:21 AM
:mad: :fiery: :sad:

Ben.
Jan 31st, 2007, 11:25 AM
shame she's not gonna play in paris :sad: only time she's played there she's won it. ah well, it's best if she rests that hip up & doesn't miss out on antwerp which would be quite upsetting to her if she did missed out on her favourite tournament & in Belgium.

Brαm
Jan 31st, 2007, 11:36 AM
Ugh, why Nicky Vankets?? :o Some of his dresses are alright, but they're sometimes a bit over the top IMO :rolleyes:

Besides, thousands of so-called Flemish celebs wear his clothes, they're nothing special anymore :o

eck
Jan 31st, 2007, 11:39 AM
Sad she have to withdraw.

But she should have chosen Versace or whatever! She and Brian are TomKat of tennis! ;)

And this is coming from a guy's POV :o :o

jimbo mack
Jan 31st, 2007, 11:43 AM
i'm not saying she's faking her injury but i get the feeling she would rather be preparing for her wedding than playing tennis :sad: if only she could play for another 2-3 years

thalle
Jan 31st, 2007, 12:17 PM
Oh no... she was the reason why me and my friend would go:sad: Good we haven't ordered tickets yet:sad::(

Slumpsova
Jan 31st, 2007, 12:19 PM
shocking :o

Si_Hi
Jan 31st, 2007, 12:22 PM
so now get the Antwerp title, kim......!
Good luck there

Natalicious
Jan 31st, 2007, 12:25 PM
:fiery: :sad: :o

Emina.
Jan 31st, 2007, 12:29 PM
Kimmie :sad: :sad: :sad:

vettipooh
Jan 31st, 2007, 12:30 PM
Rest up Kim.

kikikid
Jan 31st, 2007, 12:34 PM
So sad news!
Get well soon and win more titles.

Sharapova's_Boy
Jan 31st, 2007, 12:35 PM
Kim :(

Hagar
Jan 31st, 2007, 01:28 PM
I guess this could explain the lesser performance during her SF.

safinfans629
Jan 31st, 2007, 01:49 PM
very bad news

pierce0415
Jan 31st, 2007, 01:49 PM
um she is afraid of playing the same tournament as Juju

:wavey: Kim

Grohl
Jan 31st, 2007, 01:51 PM
damnit, hope she can give it all in Antwerp though

Kimdsay
Jan 31st, 2007, 01:55 PM
Kimmie... :sad: :sobbing: :hug:

fifiricci
Jan 31st, 2007, 02:01 PM

I doubt that is a consideration for Kim. I guess it would only really spoil Kim's party if Justine decided to play Antwerp :help:, but I understand that Justine is not willing to play there, so everything should be fine for a while ;)

Shame Kim's not in Paris, she played a good tournament there a few years ago, in the "good old days". ;)

Slumpsova
Jan 31st, 2007, 02:06 PM

if you can stop hating on Pova then why can't you stop hating on Kim? :o

pierce0415
Jan 31st, 2007, 02:16 PM
if you can stop hating on Pova then why can't you stop hating on Kim? :o

I used to be a fan of Pova until last year when I decided that she was annoying ... then she got added to my hate list. But then she did me the favor of knocking Kim out of AO and then allowing Rena to walk over her so I don't hate her anymore and she has been removed from the last line of my sig. I have many years left to hate on Pova anyway

As for Kim, I NEVER liked her and looks like it will stay that way

strictennis
Jan 31st, 2007, 02:28 PM
Go and get married now

Brαm
Jan 31st, 2007, 02:59 PM
why can't you stop hating on Kim? :oProbably because Kim thrashed Mary Pierce in front of her homecrowd in the Paris Indoors final in 2004? :o Or maybe because she only allowed her 4 games in the US Open final? :shrug: Or is it her perfect record against Na Li? :)

blumaroo
Jan 31st, 2007, 03:05 PM
I was thinking of going to see her in Paris. Too bad.

saki
Jan 31st, 2007, 03:08 PM
Probably because Kim thrashed Mary Pierce in front of her homecrowd in the Paris Indoors final in 2004? :o Or maybe because she only allowed her 4 games in the US Open final? :shrug: Or is it her perfect record against Na Li? :)

I doubt that's it. He still likes Justine even though she thrashed Mary in the RG final..

Grohl
Jan 31st, 2007, 03:09 PM
Go and get married now

:confused:

Princeza
Jan 31st, 2007, 03:10 PM
argh i wont see her:smash:

Grohl
Jan 31st, 2007, 03:11 PM

yeah, ofcourse she is

she'd rather play the same tourney as Justine and having the risk of missing out on Antwerp

pierce0415
Jan 31st, 2007, 03:19 PM
I doubt that's it. He still likes Justine even though she thrashed Mary in the RG final..

Juju - beautiful all court game, honest person
Kim - unforced error machine :tape:, dubious injuries, not as nice as she tries to portray herself

stenen
Jan 31st, 2007, 03:20 PM
That's bad news but if Kim has to withdraw from a tournament I rather have to withdraw from Paris than Antwerp.
I hope she makes a strong come back at Diamond Games and wins it.

Grohl
Jan 31st, 2007, 03:20 PM
Kim - unforced error machine :tape:, dubious injuries, not as nice as she tries to portray herself

:haha:
where do you get that from?

skanky~skanketta
Jan 31st, 2007, 03:25 PM
you must be talking about Li here.

mauresmofan
Jan 31st, 2007, 03:27 PM
Get well soon Kim - don't want to have this last season of yours wrecked by injury.

sfselesfan
Jan 31st, 2007, 03:28 PM
Rest up...I want another memorable Kim/Venus match in Antwerp!

SF

ChandaRubinFan22
Jan 31st, 2007, 03:30 PM
Rest up...I want another memorable Kim/Venus match in Antwerp!

SF

sounds goood :p

stenen
Jan 31st, 2007, 04:07 PM
:haha:
where do you get that from?

Don't care too much about his comments. This is the guy who posted that Safina had Chronic Fatigue Syndrom but didn't even know that it's called chronic fatigue syndrome and not medical fatigue syndrome. Obviously if Dinara had CFS, she wouldn't be playing today.;)
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=269486

Medical fatigue syndrome :haha:

I<3Myskina
Jan 31st, 2007, 04:09 PM
:sad:

Grohl
Jan 31st, 2007, 04:14 PM
Don't care too much about his comments. This is the guy who posted that Safina had Chronic Fatigue Syndrom but didn't even know that it's called chronic fatigue syndrome and not medical fatigue syndrome. Obviously if Dinara had CFS, she wouldn't be playing today.;)
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=269486

Medical fatigue syndrome :haha:

:lol:
ahwell,
it gives me something to laugh about

griffin
Jan 31st, 2007, 04:18 PM
Obviously if Dinara had CFS, she wouldn't be playing today.;)

Two words: Michelle Akers

(which is not to say that pierce666 knows what he's talking about and isn't a blowhard)

Sorry for Kim, hope it's not serious.

stenen
Jan 31st, 2007, 04:34 PM
Two words: Michelle Akers

(which is not to say that pierce666 knows what he's talking about and isn't a blowhard)

Sorry for Kim, hope it's not serious.

If Dinara would have been diagnosed with CFS in November/December last year she wouldn't be playing now. :p
Someone with CFS may improve after a few months (not in two months), after many years, or never at all.

WTAfanatiks
Jan 31st, 2007, 04:55 PM
Anybody know who'll be the players joining in this tournament? Thanks!

améliemomo
Jan 31st, 2007, 05:26 PM
oh no:sad:

take care kim:kiss:

CORIA01
Jan 31st, 2007, 05:31 PM
She may be right to cancel Paris, thus she could rest and be ready for her diamond racquet!!!!

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jan 31st, 2007, 05:37 PM
That's a sad news, I hope she'll get better soon and she'll prepare herself for Antwerp :yeah:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jan 31st, 2007, 05:39 PM

Go and take your pills :wavey:

jujufreak
Jan 31st, 2007, 05:47 PM
I guess this could explain the lesser performance during her SF.

sure :rolleyes:

keep trying to find excuses ;)

jujufreak
Jan 31st, 2007, 05:49 PM
I used to be a fan of Pova until last year when I decided that she was annoying ... then she got added to my hate list. But then she did me the favor of knocking Kim out of AO and then allowing Rena to walk over her so I don't hate her anymore and she has been removed from the last line of my sig. I have many years left to hate on Pova anyway

As for Kim, I NEVER liked her and looks like it will stay that way

:lol::lol: :lol:

Sara81
Jan 31st, 2007, 06:18 PM
i'm not saying she's faking her injury but i get the feeling she would rather be preparing for her wedding than playing tennis :sad: if only she could play for another 2-3 years

No, she just doesn't want to risk Antwerp .. that would be worst case scenario.
She did the right thing :kiss:

Sara81
Jan 31st, 2007, 06:25 PM
sure :rolleyes:

keep trying to find excuses ;)

Actually, Kim did have some hip problems last week but she chose not to mention it .. I do wonder why :tape:
And no, she just played badly those last two matches .. but hey, shit can happen :angel:

Chewie
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:17 PM
As she clearly doesn't want to play the game, why not retire already...

Sara81
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:19 PM
As she clearly doesn't want to play the game, why not retire already...

Well luckily it's her decision and not yours :angel:

saki
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:25 PM
I can quite see why Kim doesn't want to run any risks right now. Since Hasselt is no more, she must really want to be fit and ready for Antwerp.

*Jean*
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:26 PM
I was so happy to see her for the first time :sad:

sweetpeas
Jan 31st, 2007, 08:32 PM
Take care Kim! No Vera Wang ?None of the 10 ten wta players,are scared of each other!They tell you,time after time they like the thrill!!!

UncleZeke
Jan 31st, 2007, 08:40 PM
Kim is doing what is best for Kim. Good for her.

Uranus
Jan 31st, 2007, 08:42 PM
Well if this helps her stay healthy that's the best decision :)
Paris's field is strong enough ;)

ce
Jan 31st, 2007, 08:54 PM
its her decision

honeyke
Jan 31st, 2007, 09:09 PM

Why the fuck do you talk so much shit at one moment :rolleyes: :devil: ?!

Sara81
Jan 31st, 2007, 09:10 PM
Why the fuck do you talk so much shit at one moment :rolleyes: :devil: ?!

You tell him girl! :lol:

honeyke
Jan 31st, 2007, 09:13 PM
You tell him girl! :lol:

Oh yes...He´s THE hater himself :p :angel:

Sara81
Jan 31st, 2007, 09:16 PM
Oh yes...He´s THE hater himself :p :angel:

Believe me, I know :help:

honeyke
Jan 31st, 2007, 09:23 PM
Believe me, I know :help:

Mileen
Jan 31st, 2007, 10:22 PM

I agree, except for the "dubious injuries".

Martian Stacey
Jan 31st, 2007, 11:16 PM
:awww: Kim, get well soon :hug:

Couver
Jan 31st, 2007, 11:17 PM
Get well soon Kim. It sucks to have her miss a tournament since this is her last year, but her health for the rest of the season is the most important thing.

SAEKeithSerena
Jan 31st, 2007, 11:20 PM
oh give me a break. hip injury? rightttttttttt

Alfie
Feb 1st, 2007, 03:33 AM
Better late than never. Although she's always been one to keep her commitments to tournaments, Kim is learning to put her health first.

Good decision by Kim to take a break because she's played for four weeks already beginning in Hong Kong (winner), followed by Sydney (winner), then the Australian Open all the way to the SF.

Physically and mentally she needs to take a rest. Smart decision.
And there's no need to risk the rest of the year. Her hip strain is a chronic injury. Last year in Hong Kong she injured the hip and it hampered her all throughout the Australian summer.

Alfie
Feb 1st, 2007, 03:48 AM
Ugh, why Nicky Vankets?? :o Some of his dresses are alright, but they're sometimes a bit over the top IMO :rolleyes:

Besides, thousands of so-called Flemish celebs wear his clothes, they're nothing special anymore :o

NV was designing Kim's dress and Lleyton's suit (as you probably know Bram) for their wedding. From your description it sounds like Kim's dress is gonna be
unforgettable. ;) :D

ewbangkok
Feb 1st, 2007, 03:58 AM
well good for her...anyway if she wants to get married maybe best time is off course season?

ioni
Feb 1st, 2007, 06:24 AM
Kim :sad: i hope you'll get better ! :hug:

Drake1980
Feb 1st, 2007, 06:26 AM
Kim:hug:

Sexysova
Feb 1st, 2007, 06:28 AM
shame KIM :) but thx for Nicole's better seeding ;) I wish you early fit :)

Kimikim
Feb 1st, 2007, 01:20 PM
:devil::devil::devil::devil:

TomTennis
Feb 1st, 2007, 01:32 PM
already looking for a wedding dress.

No offence to her but she is really going for it. If this is her last year which it seems extremely likely, why no just wait to do all that stuff after the season is over, she isnt going to win a slam with her mind and time set on the wedding/baby fever!

Uranus
Feb 1st, 2007, 04:58 PM
Kim - slightly injured, withdraws from a tournament in order not to be forced to miss the next one, the one she wants to win the most for her last season.
Juju - retired in AO final in order not to get injured for the next tournaments (that she usually doesn't play!), just wanted to avoid humiliation but didn't admit it, how honest :p

fifiricci
Feb 1st, 2007, 06:02 PM
already looking for a wedding dress.

No offence to her but she is really going for it. If this is her last year which it seems extremely likely, why no just wait to do all that stuff after the season is over, she isnt going to win a slam with her mind and time set on the wedding/baby fever!

I don't get the impression that Kim will go "out of her way" to get a slam in this final season. I think she just wants to enjoy saying her extremely well advertised and very very long goodbye to the tour and if a slam happens to jump onto her bandwagon, all well and good. I think the only thing she is single minded about atm is saying the long goodbye and getting married. That's just the way it seems to be and that's Kim's choice, good for her. In a normal season, I would guess that Kim's best shot for a slam would be the US Open, but by all accounts that will take place no more than some weeks after her wedding, so we will just have to wait and see what kind of physical and mental state she is in by then...... ;)