PDA

View Full Version : Solution to Venus' Left Wrist Problem

tonybotz
Jan 30th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Does anyone else think its silly for right handed players to not play because of a left wrist injury? Why don't players with chronic left wrist problems develop slice backhands? With Venus' huge forehand, she could play the Graf way and still win matches. It sure beats the alternative of sitting out half the year. I know that i would continue to play competetive tennis if i had one hand, and i hit with two hands on both sides. I guess it just comes down to how much you love the game and want to be out there.

Volcana
Jan 30th, 2007, 09:22 PM
She played a one-handed backhand during the exo tour with Serena.

aod2k9
Jan 30th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Obviously it is not the proper solution. She didn't grow up a natural one handed backhand player. Believe it or not, I would guarentee you in today's POWER crazy games, you will get crushed if you have a backhand that only slices.

Blackbeat
Jan 30th, 2007, 09:24 PM
She played a one-handed backhand during the exo tour with Serena.

really :eek:

and won??

darrinbaker00
Jan 30th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Yes, Venus does have a huge forehand, but it's as reliable as Elena Dementieva's first serve. Her down-the-line two-hander was, is, and always will be her money shot. Besides, she has been working on a one-handed slice over the winter, so look for it when she does come back.

¤CharlDa¤
Jan 30th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Venus said in 2000 she tried playing with a slice backhand. And then she waited and came back to win, what, 35 matches in a row. I'm hopeful :p

urock34
Jan 30th, 2007, 09:44 PM
haha when i saw her in denver playing with that slice backhand she completely swung and missed at least 3 balls with it

sfselesfan
Jan 30th, 2007, 09:53 PM
I think the resolution to Venus' left wrist problem would create a right wrist problem for Venus...given her game.

SF

1handedwonder
Jan 31st, 2007, 01:32 AM
venus played with a slice backhand in luxembourgh, and she lost to radwanska, 6-3 6-0. so obviously its not really an option for her

GogoGirl
Jan 31st, 2007, 01:46 AM
Hey All,

Hopefully, the recent wrist surgery she had has improved it to the utmost. I read somehwere that she had surgery on it.

"HURRY UP THIS WAY AGAIN - VENUS" "WE MISS AND LOVE YOU - GIRLFRIEND

iPatty
Jan 31st, 2007, 01:48 AM
if she wants to compete at the highest level, only slice backhands won't do.

venus and slice backhand don't really go hand-in-hand anyway. :lol:

alfonsojose
Jan 31st, 2007, 01:52 AM
her stance in the bakchand is :unsure: no more granny raquects :p

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 31st, 2007, 02:08 AM
Maybe she could've switch to a one-handed backhand when she was a teenager ala Pete Sampras, but it's way too late now.