PDA

View Full Version : Maria's Tokyo Blog

s_j
Jan 30th, 2007, 06:53 PM
ON THE WAY TO TOKYO:

I think I'm due for a doodle....it's been a few weeks. Well, I went down like China town in the final.......I know that absolutely makes no sense whatsoever but it rhymes and sounds funny....maybe not to anyone else. What a strange two weeks it has been! From being two points away from losing in the first round to getting all the way to the final and basically not doing much there.....in the end everything took it's toll and not only did I run into someone too good, but looking back I think I was emotionally a bit drained. It's all part of an experience process, and that's only going to make me stronger I'm currently on the plane to Tokyo, but when this gets posted, I will most likely be there. I haven't dropped anything under my seat yet, but I just put on these airplane socks and they make my feet look like a leprechaun..... It's afternoon time and I'm no where near a flying mood. Earlier today I turned my living room into a cinema-like atmosphere, closed all the curtains, moved some furniture around and watched the Break-Up cuddled up on the sofa. There's nothing like having some alone-laughing time in your comfy pants and a cashmere sweater!! So now I don't feel like watching a movie, let alone sitting down....not fun!! The week in Tokyo is never really an easy one for me, but there's something about the city that gives me an instant energy boost. Love love love the fashion there!!! So electric and fun!

Ok so when the press asked me about retiring at 25, I said sure why not? I mean that's 6 more years of tennis!! I would love to try new things, particularly in fashion, and also someday have a family.......I did not however say I was going to be a mom at that age! Next day's headline..."MUM's the word for Sharapova".......wow!

I guess Mike was in the elevator that day and happened to overhear two guys commenting on that. One of them said 'd'you hear Sharapova is going to retire soon'? 'Oh really??........If I was her, I would have retired already! Who needs to run side to side in that heat all day'....Too funny!

Ok don't laugh but I am a huge passion fruit fan.... it's this brown fruit with many seeds inside. You cut it in half and eat whatever is inside. Well I think I had about 15 a day......3 weeks.......you can do the math, but I think the whole country of Australia is low on stock after my invasion.

I have been listening to the Dave Mathews Band non-stop........which reminds me I am also due for a new mp3 list. Anyone heard of the Kooks, or Paolo Natini? Sort of a mellow, rock-n-rollish type of feel.....pretty good lyrics as well.

Well I'll leave you all to it while I bore myself to sleep.......have a good day! Maria

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jan 30th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Funny :lol:

tobe
Jan 30th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Kooks are cool :)

.david.
Jan 30th, 2007, 07:02 PM
lol its Paolo Nutini not Natini :D great music btw

I loooooove this Blog. So funny:lol:

franny
Jan 30th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Lol I absolutely love her sense of humour. Her blogs are amazing!! I like that she can joke about that final, while being very real and gracious about it. I also love to hear that she's only willing to get stronger and better. Go Maria!!! Win some more titles!

s_j
Jan 30th, 2007, 07:07 PM
I'm going to take a hunch and bet that Maria wins the Aussie Open next year! ;)

P_Fer
Jan 30th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Another great blog masha!

OMG she said my name: "Paolo"

bellascarlett
Jan 30th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Maria has the best blogs...:)

No.1Hingis
Jan 30th, 2007, 07:15 PM
She was so funny.. keep it up girl..

Emina.
Jan 30th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Masha :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Mightymirza
Jan 30th, 2007, 07:42 PM
funny:yeah:

jazar
Jan 30th, 2007, 07:51 PM
entertaining stuff.

Libertango
Jan 30th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Love it and her! :hearts:

Darop.
Jan 30th, 2007, 08:12 PM
That was actually cute and funny without being cheesy :D

I liked the Leprachaun part :haha:

Andy.
Jan 30th, 2007, 08:12 PM
A great blog as always from Masha

LudwigDvorak
Jan 30th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Yeah, she's funny. I'm sure she's a great person off court. Where's the link to her blog? That's the first one, right? Her top 10s are awesome.

M-K
Jan 30th, 2007, 08:23 PM
she's so funny.. Love her blogs.. It's such a good way to get to know her..
Looking forward to the next.. :)
Go Maria!

X|Fergie
Jan 30th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Masha is very good in writing blogs :hearts:

Darop.
Jan 30th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Anyone know where i can find the rest of her blog?

V-MAC
Jan 30th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Lol I absolutely love her sense of humour. Her blogs are amazing!! I like that she can joke about that final, while being very real and gracious about it. I also love to hear that she's only willing to get stronger and better. Go Maria!!! Win some more titles!

yeah she's got a great sense of humour :)

Pureracket
Jan 30th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Is she on the airplane while writing this?:confused: How in the world can a person clutch the front of the seat and pray to God to save his poor little life and type @ the same time? (It would be impossible for me. Flying scares the crap outta me).

Sefo
Jan 30th, 2007, 08:34 PM

ON her site.

Sefo
Jan 30th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Is she on the airplane while writing this?:confused: How in the world can a person clutch the front of the seat and pray to God to save his poor little life and type @ the same time? (It would be impossible for me. Flying scares the crap outta me).

Are you Richard Williams by chance?

tabieonelove3
Jan 30th, 2007, 09:58 PM

www.mariasharapova.com umm, click home, then you'll see the slide thingy... if not umm click my real life... you should be able to read the others from there...

the cat
Jan 31st, 2007, 12:29 AM
Maria has the best blogs...:)

I second that. :) Maria is a funny girl. ;)

Porcupine
Jan 31st, 2007, 01:19 AM
I second that. :) Maria is a funny girl. ;)

I third that :cool: I only read maria's, marat's and dmitry's blog :p

stevos
Jan 31st, 2007, 01:26 AM
Maria :worship:

nflatte
Jan 31st, 2007, 04:11 AM
It's possible since I had the privilege of using wireless service while on Singapore Airlines last year.

ioni
Jan 31st, 2007, 08:06 AM
she lost a final but not her sense of humour that's a good thing ! ;)

WC6320
Jan 31st, 2007, 08:10 AM
haha, that was brilliant Maria

brokenflowers
Jan 31st, 2007, 08:31 AM
Hhaha. I swear if I've knew her real life she would be cracking me up everyday. Love love reading her blogs.

CORIA01
Jan 31st, 2007, 08:49 AM
her blog is always entertaining!!!

Prizeidiot
Jan 31st, 2007, 10:52 AM
This blog is real?! I thought the thread starter was taking the piss out of Maria :lol:

That's actually pretty funny. And is exactly what I'd imagine Maria blogging about.

MistyGrey
Jan 31st, 2007, 11:35 AM
:lol:
Maria has the best blogs.

pooh14
Jan 31st, 2007, 12:07 PM
nowadays i understand and pity maria s more.

she seems a nice girls.
she has few bad things just like any teenager do.

however the media, fans scrutinize every single moves of hers.
and i have a feelings her father pressures her hell of alot too, and instructing every moves of hers.

i beleive in 2 years time she would have shed all the negative image and show us more of her natural personality

Emina.
Jan 31st, 2007, 12:11 PM
Maria...pretty,witty and bright :worship: :D :D

Slampova
Jan 31st, 2007, 04:51 PM
Maria's blogs are always great. How could you not love her? :hearts:

blumaroo
Jan 31st, 2007, 05:26 PM
I wonder if Andy R got her into Dave Matthews Band ;)

skanky~skanketta
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:23 PM
she's pretty funny. i really hope she's a funny + humble person off court.

Mina Vagante
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:27 PM
:lol: :p

Veritas
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:39 PM
Maria is so tall and beautiful :hearts:

flying eagle
Jan 31st, 2007, 09:21 PM
That girl is witty...I really love her blog.

Monica_Rules
Jan 31st, 2007, 09:28 PM
funny:lol:

Cator
Jan 31st, 2007, 09:48 PM
Lmfao, I always love her blogs.

markspot
Feb 1st, 2007, 10:58 AM
Perhaps her second career could be not fashion but writing Meg Cabot kind of books

Pixie
Feb 1st, 2007, 10:59 AM
Funny blog Maria :lol:

!<blocparty>!
Feb 1st, 2007, 11:30 AM

She is probably in first class with a massive table in front of her with her laptop on. It's not hard.

Her blogs are always fun but I still don't think she writes them. Why don't we see this kind of humour in her press conferences.

Sefo
Feb 1st, 2007, 11:38 AM
Her blogs are always fun but I still don't think she writes them. Why don't we see this kind of humour in her press conferences.

Probably because you don't watch(read) them enough?

bellascarlett
Feb 1st, 2007, 11:56 AM
She is probably in first class with a massive table in front of her with her laptop on. It's not hard.

trust me, she writes them. go past your biases against her and listen hard enough whenever she talks, not just in press conferences but most especially when she does talk show interviews, maria is very witty. look up her guest appearance on regis and kelly on youtube for example...maria was giving the hosts a lot more than they can handle, upstaging them even. she has star quality, that girl.

you just dont know her enough (or rather don't want to get to know her enough) :p :lol:

ImaVeggie
Feb 1st, 2007, 11:59 AM
"Why don't we see this kind of humour in her press conferences."

Because it's obvious she doesn't like doing them; having to answer inane, repetitive questions. That's one of the first things I liked in her. I loved her attitude in the press conferences after her matches; so much like how I would be.

Emina.
Feb 1st, 2007, 12:00 PM
or her appearance on David Lettermans show :lol: :D

bellascarlett
Feb 1st, 2007, 12:01 PM
"Why don't we see this kind of humour in her press conferences."

Because it's obvious she doesn't like doing them; having to answer inane, repetitive questions.

:lol: very true.

or her appearance on David Lettermans show

yup...that one too.

Rachel_85
Feb 1st, 2007, 12:51 PM
I can't find her interviews on kelly and david letterman show on youtube. Can someone kind enough to post the links on here. Thanks

Selah
Feb 1st, 2007, 04:41 PM
I love her blogs. She's pretty witty (and snippy)in interviews as well (sometimes).

coffee-lover
Feb 1st, 2007, 05:12 PM
Her blogs are so natural - I can't help but like her. great sense of humour

10nisfanofruz
Feb 2nd, 2007, 07:51 AM
It's nice to see Maria with a sense of humor. :lol:
Her blog is great.
BTW, I love Paolo Nutini too.;) Awesome choice Maria!:cool: