View Full Version : Dementieva's Tokyo Blog

-sugi-
Jan 30th, 2007, 07:32 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/1/newsroom/stories/?ContentID=1104

Its really entertaining :awww:

Sorry if its been posted before, then I will delete

miffedmax
Jan 30th, 2007, 07:34 PM
So what? YOu can never have too many Lena links.

goldenlox
Jan 30th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Elena Dementieva's Tokyo Blog

TOKYO, Japan - Elena Dementieva has fond memories of Tokyo. A year ago, she won the biggest of her now-six career Sony Ericsson WTA Tour titles in the Japanese capital. This week she returns to the $1.34 million Toray Pan Pacific Open looking to defend one of those titles for the first time; she's also the very first Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Player Blogger in 2007. So sit back and enjoy, as one of the world's best brings you along for the Tier I ride in Tokyo this week!
-----
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Hi everyone,
I'm excited to be writing my first blog from the wonderful city of Tokyo, where I'm playing in the Toray Pan Pacific Open. I came here from Melbourne Saturday night - no, Friday night - sorry, I had to think about that for a moment! On the Tour we travel quite a bit, moving from tournament to tournament almost every week, so sometimes I lose track of the days.
Right now it's pretty cold here in Tokyo, which was a bit shocking because we were just in Melbourne, where it was scorching hot. It's not as cold here as it was last year, but it's cold enough and we have to play indoors. This is my sixth time coming here and I'm very excited. This tournament is very special to me. I still remember very vividly winning the final last year against Martina Hingis. She's a tough player, a great competitor, and it was such a great experience. I look forward to playing my first match and hope that I can defend my title.
Unfortunately, I haven't been out much yet since I arrived here, not even to go shopping, which is very unusual for me and my mom. I think this is the only city where my mom and I don't go shopping. It's not because we don't like the shops here; it's because it's so hard to find clothes in our size. In general, Japanese people are smaller than me, so the clothes are always too small or too short for me and my mom. It's too bad really, but it doesn't stop us from going to the electronic shops, which are amazing here. I can spend hours just in one shop, checking out the latest cameras and cell phones. Their electronics are like no other; it's fascinating. We haven't bought anything yet but I know my mom has her eye on a new camera. She bought one here last year and wants another one.
Even though we haven't been able to go out too much, I've been busy. Last night, we had the official welcome party for the tournament. It's a tradition here and I think it's one of the best things about the tournament. All of the players are there and everyone always dresses up, which is a nice change from the tennis clothes. It starts out with a press conference with all the players. The tournament is so respectful to the players and makes sure that all of the players are included. Everyone feels appreciated. At the party, they introduce all of us onto a stage and present flowers to us. It really is quite an event, and it's so nice to be able to hang out with my friends on the Tour outside of tennis. The dinner is fantastic – so many different kinds of sushi, my favorite. I think I ate too much because for the first time in my life, I didn't feel like having breakfast this morning!
Today I had practice then All-Access Hour, which is the pre-tournament media roundtables. After that, I met with Yonex. We discussed new collections, which I'm very excited about. I can't say much because it's going to be a surprise, but what I can tell you is that I'll have a very nice dress at the next Grand Slam.
After that, we went to dinner – sushi of course. You can never have enough sushi.
Tomorrow, my mom is going to see the sumo wrestlers, which I'm so jealous of. The tournament has kindly organized a trip to see a practice. She's wanted to see them for so long and has been talking about it since the first day we arrived. I think she wants to go so that she can feel smaller. I really wanted to go but it's in the morning, and I was worried about my doubles match, which is the third match on the schedule. My mom promised to take lots of pictures and I'm sure she'll tell me all about it. Hopefully, I can go next time; it is so interesting. Once my mom tells me about it, I'll make sure to share with all of you tomorrow in my next blog.
Speaking of tomorrow, I'm off to bed - so, good night and talk to you tomorrow!

itzhak
Jan 30th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Sumo?! Lena?! Vera?!...

pierce0415
Jan 30th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Lena :hearts:
I loved her blog - can't believe she spends so much time with her Mom - I mean does her Mom accompany her to her dates too?

she has a cakewalk draw so hopefully she'll be at least in SF and we can read more of this blog

goldenlox
Jan 30th, 2007, 07:47 PM
With Vesnina and Sushi

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photogallery/tokyo1/f_22.jpg

goldenlox
Jan 30th, 2007, 07:59 PM
I think this is the only city where my mom and I don't go shopping. It's not because we don't like the shops here; it's because it's so hard to find clothes in our size. In general, Japanese people are smaller than me, so the clothes are always too small or too short for me and my mom.

-sugi-
Jan 30th, 2007, 08:01 PM
I liked the bit about her mom wanting watch the sumos and the tournament arranged it especially for her :awww:

goldenlox
Jan 30th, 2007, 08:04 PM
It's rare to have Lena writing a daily blog. This will be interesting.

-sugi-
Jan 30th, 2007, 08:05 PM
I think this has been my second favourite WTA Blog, after Ai Sugiyama's of course :angel:

goldenlox
Jan 30th, 2007, 08:10 PM
I liked that one, and also Nadia's from Moscow. I was wondering if Lena was refusing to write one. That's why I'm pleasantly surprised by this.

bellascarlett
Jan 30th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Looking forward to future entries.

Moomy Vera into sumo wrestling?? :confused: how random! :lol:

miffedmax
Jan 30th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Is Lena's written English that good?

I'm glad to see she's doing one.

Ben.
Jan 30th, 2007, 08:44 PM
i was a bit surprised when her mum wanted to go & see the sumos practice since i thought it wasn't her in nature :lol: sure spends a lot of time with her mum, lena & it should be fascinating to see how this blog unfolds ;)

Frode
Jan 30th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Glad i am not the only person in the world into both sumo and tennis.

Mightymirza
Jan 30th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Hope she stays in tokyo for a longgg time..;)

No Name Face
Jan 30th, 2007, 08:51 PM
lena is the best. i love her.
great blog too. definitely going to be one of my favorites.

Viktymise
Jan 30th, 2007, 09:00 PM
:hearts: she's just so cute :hug: can't wait to see her RG dress now :p How can you not love her, she just AFR ;)

goldenlox
Jan 30th, 2007, 10:08 PM

Lena might be saying it, and someone else types it.

selyoink
Jan 30th, 2007, 10:11 PM
How can you not love her, she just AFR ;)

I couldn't have said it better myself.

-SheLL-
Jan 30th, 2007, 10:16 PM
omg :awww: Lena is so adorable..i luv how she spends time with her mum...

goldenlox
Jan 31st, 2007, 01:07 AM
Lena should let her mom be a part of the blog this week

venusdemilo
Jan 31st, 2007, 01:11 AM
I'll be reading this blog...

Natasc
Jan 31st, 2007, 01:16 AM
Looking forward to future entries.

Moomy Vera into sumo wrestling?? :confused: how random! :lol:

Yeah me too!! :haha:
I was like: "wating a second!! Mommy Vera and sumo?! WHAT?!" :haha: :lol: :haha:

Martian Stacey
Jan 31st, 2007, 01:18 AM

I assume they have someone read over it and perhaps edit it a bit before they put it on the site, I've noticed that in some of these blogs the players seem to write differently to how they would normally speak.

Greenout
Jan 31st, 2007, 01:40 AM
Yeah me too!! :haha:
I was like: "wating a second!! Mommy Vera and sumo?! WHAT?!" :haha: :lol: :haha:

This is gold. We want photos! :lol:

LudwigDvorak
Jan 31st, 2007, 01:47 AM
I almost yelped when I opened this and saw "Dementieva ... Blog."

I was really curious why she didn't do a blog last year, now I finally have it!!! I really hope she tells us some juicy details about stuff. Please win some matches so your blog gets extended, pleaaaaase.

It was a nice first entry.

go hingis
Jan 31st, 2007, 02:12 AM
I think the girls tell someone what they want to say but it's written for them. All of them are written too well and like they're writing a story, many adjectives etc and have a similar style. still a great read.

Prizeidiot
Jan 31st, 2007, 02:37 AM
Looks like a good blog. I didn't think Elena was really the blogging type, so this is a pleasant surprise

UncleZeke
Jan 31st, 2007, 02:44 AM
Tennis, sumo and sushi sounds good to me, even if Mommy Vera has to sleep in the middle.

amateurismisokay
Jan 31st, 2007, 03:52 AM
sushi, i understand :drool:

but, sumo :eek: :eek:

LudwigDvorak
Jan 31st, 2007, 05:12 AM
Oh yeah, what's AFR mean?

Vaidisova
Jan 31st, 2007, 05:25 AM
http://www.toray-ppo.co.jp/web/pc/photo_gallery/images/sumo_002.jpg
http://www.toray-ppo.co.jp/web/pc/photo_gallery/images/sumo_001.jpg
http://www.toray-ppo.co.jp/web/pc/photo_gallery/images/sumo_004.jpg
http://www.toray-ppo.co.jp/web/pc/photo_gallery/images/sumo_005.jpg

-sugi-
Jan 31st, 2007, 06:34 AM
Thanks for the pics :lol: It seemed Lena went as well :)

UncleZeke
Jan 31st, 2007, 10:18 AM
nice pics. thanks

Paco
Jan 31st, 2007, 10:53 AM
How sweet :) :kiss:

Josh.
Jan 31st, 2007, 10:56 AM
aww i just wanna give her a hug :lol:.. is that werid?

goldenlox
Jan 31st, 2007, 12:50 PM
I'm waiting for Wednesday's blog

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photogallery/tokyo1a/f_29.jpg

SloKid
Jan 31st, 2007, 01:16 PM
Hey did she even mention her mum in that first entry? :p
Not surprising that Mummy Vera got quite a few mentions.

All in all a nice read. :)

Oh yeah, what's AFR mean?
I'm glad that's catching on. :p

It means that Lena Absolutely Fucking Rocks. ;)

Hashim.
Jan 31st, 2007, 01:38 PM
nice work by Lena n thnks 4 da pics..

rockstar
Jan 31st, 2007, 02:09 PM
but what I can tell you is that I'll have a very nice dress at the next Grand Slam.

:lol:

goldenlox
Jan 31st, 2007, 05:55 PM
Lena has to beat Lena L, or this will be a short week of blogging

UncleZeke
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:39 PM
Lena has to beat Lena L, or this will be a short week of blogging

Head to head that I can remember, Lena D beat Lena L '06 Wimby 7-5 6-3.
'05 Roland Garros Lena L won close match 7-6, 5-7 and 7-5.

ZListCelebrity
Jan 31st, 2007, 08:18 PM
Come on girls... Make her blog a short one.

Europe rocks
Jan 31st, 2007, 09:41 PM
Lena :D :kiss: Can't wait for more tails from Tokyo!

af11
Jan 31st, 2007, 11:26 PM
Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Hello everyone,

So my mom woke me up today and told me we were seeing the sumo wrestlers. She said it was a one-time experience, so I definitely didn't want to miss it. We were going to go at 7:15am but instead we went at 8am; I'm glad they changed the time because I hate waking up in the morning!

When we got there, it was a little bit disgusting in the first moments, because you are there watching and being so close to them, but of course we were trying to take a good picture. But actually, it was very interesting. I was in the front row, so I had a good seat for it. The best part was when the master walked in. I was watching him because he came an hour after everyone, then was drinking beer, not paying attention to anyone. I told my mom, 'Please make a good video!'

I was really surprised at how flexible they were. They are really strong. They have such a good balance. Some say sumo wrestlers aren't real athletes, but I think they are. One of them was really big, but the rest were pretty lean. I was also surprised how strong they were and how many muscles they had.

When we got back we were copying them, trying to do their stances, but it wasn't as good as how they did. It's hard to balance with one leg. That was about the time we came here to the tournament. My mom didn't try it.

I played my first doubles match today. I was lucky to play it before my singles to try the surface because it's different compared to others. It's nice to have one match to get used to the carpet. It was nice to win the match too! We didn't expect to win - it was our first time playing together and Francesca Schiavone and Roberta Vinci are very good. My partner, Olga Savchuk, is a good friend of mine. We've known each other for a few years. She's only 19 so she's a baby compared to me - I'm 25, a few years older than her! When I had my birthday, the first message my friend sent me was 'Congratulations, now it's time to get some anti-age cream.' Already?

We might get sushi for dinner tonight but we were also planning to go to a French restaurant. It's only a few days before I fly to Paris for the next tournament, so I thought we should have that. Then maybe in Paris we'll have sushi; it's always like that. I've had sushi three nights in a row... including last night in the hotel.

I'm playing my first singles match on Thursday against Elena Likhovtseva. She likes to play here. It's going to be a tough match but what can I do? Maybe Gina from the WTA can change the draw for me.

I'll talk to you all afterwards!

No Name Face
Jan 31st, 2007, 11:43 PM
ha, elena. :hearts: :hearts:

great entry. now to hope she defeats liko.

miffedmax
Jan 31st, 2007, 11:56 PM
yeah, we want lots of Lena blogs.

smarties
Feb 1st, 2007, 12:02 AM
like her nice sense of humor.

Dementinator
Feb 1st, 2007, 12:04 AM
she really is doing my Lena Addiction no good at all ,what with these incredibly beautiful pics and adorable blogs... the girl is just a jewel!

goldenlox
Feb 1st, 2007, 12:36 AM
Some say sumo wrestlers aren't real athletes...

Who says that? They're fat athletes. Maybe golfers aren't athletes, but sumo are.

the cat
Feb 1st, 2007, 12:51 AM
Some say sumo wrestlers aren't real athletes...

Who says that? They're fat athletes. Maybe golfers aren't athletes, but sumo are.

Youre so funny GL. :haha:

And that was a cute anti age cream quip Olga hit Elena with when Elena turned 25. ;)

goldenlox
Feb 1st, 2007, 01:54 AM
Is she afraid of Lena L? She wants the draw changed. Who does she want to play?

Corswandt
Feb 1st, 2007, 02:01 AM
WTA blogs so far have for the most been rambling, lame, or both. Lena's by contrast is well structured, informative and amusing. Excellent work.

goldenlox
Feb 1st, 2007, 02:05 AM
So far, this isn't as good as Nadia's blog from Moscow. Nadia took an ice bath. Then fired her trainer :lol:
And her coach :p

No Name Face
Feb 1st, 2007, 02:07 AM
but nadia is :tape: :tape: :tape:

UncleZeke
Feb 1st, 2007, 02:19 AM
Take care of business today. Beat Lena L, and keep the blogs coming.

Dementieva Guts
Feb 1st, 2007, 02:35 AM
That be good for sumo ratings

Dementieva vs sharapova in a best of 7 sumo scrap
LENA WOULD BAGEL HER

Vera vs Yuri in a 1 scrap go home sumo match
VERA WOULD BLINDED SIDED YURI, I call it A WALK IN THE PARK

Corswandt
Feb 1st, 2007, 02:53 AM
Dementieva Guts

Conceptual alias?

Dementieva Guts
Feb 1st, 2007, 03:11 AM
Conceptual alias?

I'm sorry man :confused: What do you mean by conceptual alias ?

MY BAD

Corswandt
Feb 1st, 2007, 03:17 AM
I'm sorry man :confused: What do you mean by conceptual alias ?

MY BAD

No, I'm the one who's sorry - I looked at your shall we say unusual username and at your post and thought you might be an alias of some other poster.

But then I remembered that people with more than one account in WTAW get burned at the stake, so conceptual aliases are a practical impossibility.

ewbangkok
Feb 1st, 2007, 04:02 AM
Lena is goergous and has a nice personality

goldenlox
Feb 1st, 2007, 11:06 AM
Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Hello everyone,

So my mom woke me up today and told me we were seeing the sumo wrestlers. She said it was a one-time experience, so I definitely didn't want to miss it. We were going to go at 7:15am but instead we went at 8am; I'm glad they changed the time because I hate waking up in the morning!

When we got there, it was a little bit disgusting in the first moments, because you are there watching and being so close to them, but of course we were trying to take a good picture. But actually, it was very interesting. I was in the front row, so I had a good seat for it. The best part was when the master walked in. I was watching him because he came an hour after everyone, then was drinking beer, not paying attention to anyone. I told my mom, 'Please make a good video!'

I was really surprised at how flexible they were. They are really strong. They have such a good balance. Some say sumo wrestlers aren't real athletes, but I think they are. One of them was really big, but the rest were pretty lean. I was also surprised how strong they were and how many muscles they had.

When we got back we were copying them, trying to do their stances, but it wasn't as good as how they did. It's hard to balance with one leg. That was about the time we came here to the tournament. My mom didn't try it.

I played my first doubles match today. I was lucky to play it before my singles to try the surface because it's different compared to others. It's nice to have one match to get used to the carpet. It was nice to win the match too! We didn't expect to win - it was our first time playing together and Francesca Schiavone and Roberta Vinci are very good. My partner, Olga Savchuk, is a good friend of mine. We've known each other for a few years. She's only 19 so she's a baby compared to me - I'm 25, a few years older than her! When I had my birthday, the first message my friend sent me was 'Congratulations, now it's time to get some anti-age cream.' Already?

We might get sushi for dinner tonight but we were also planning to go to a French restaurant. It's only a few days before I fly to Paris for the next tournament, so I thought we should have that. Then maybe in Paris we'll have sushi; it's always like that. I've had sushi three nights in a row... including last night in the hotel.

I'm playing my first singles match on Thursday against Elena Likhovtseva. She likes to play here. It's going to be a tough match but what can I do? Maybe Gina from the WTA can change the draw for me.

I'll talk to you all afterwards!
These blogs are too short

itzhak
Feb 1st, 2007, 11:12 AM
In today's blog I expect something like this:

"My dear friend Maria- 17...I'm so proud of you.
However, I will try to do even more tomorrow. I will speak with mom about the number- 18, 20 or even 25..."

goldenlox
Feb 1st, 2007, 12:23 PM
Why would Lena think this is a tough draw? Lena L is outside the top 50, this is a Tier I

goldenlox
Feb 1st, 2007, 12:36 PM
Lena won 6-3, 7-5. That will probably be the center of the next blog. Lena should give us a behind the scenes look. Go more in depth.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e63/catarubio/f_17.jpg

goldenlox
Feb 1st, 2007, 01:38 PM
Defending champion Elena Dementieva also advanced Thursday, posting a 6-3, 7-5 win over fellow Russian Elena Likhovtseva.
Dementieva also struggled with her serve and had eight double-faults before recovering to close out the second-round match in 1 hour, 32 minutes. "It's going to be difficult to defend the title," the third-seeded Dementieva said. "But I like this surface and will just try to relax and play my game."
She will play Italy's Roberta Vinci in the final eight. Vinci downed France's Severine Bremond 6-3, 6-0.

That's some Tier I draw, Likhovtseva and Vinci.

amateurismisokay
Feb 1st, 2007, 04:46 PM
Why would Lena think this is a tough draw? Lena L is outside the top 50, this is a Tier I

she's probably just being polite saying those things, then followed with a joke bout changing the draw.. when someone asked bout their next opponents, most of them would answer the same, 'oh she's a good one, but i'll beat them for sure..' or something like that..

anyway, i didnt know she's a very funny person.. i love those blogs... keep it coming lena...

af11
Feb 1st, 2007, 04:55 PM
Thursday, February 1, 2007

So we didn't end up going to the French restaurant for dinner last night; instead, we went to the Japanese buffet downstairs in the hotel. We had to wait quite a bit, like an hour and a half - it was quite long but it was very good.

Today I woke up at 8am, then caught the bus to the tournament at 9:15am. There are no individual cars here - it's one big bus. Normally, me and my mom are always in trouble because we're always late, and the driver is waiting for us for 20 minutes. But knowing how keen all the players are about getting to the tournament, we were on time today. I'm trying really hard to be on time here.

Once we got to the tournament, I had to rush to get ready for my match. I was the second match on the schedule and the first match went really quickly, so I didn't really have much time to warm-up. Actually, I don't think Elena Likhovtseva had much time to warm-up either. The match was tough; I was 6-3 4-0 up and then she won five games in a row. It was a real roller coaster for us. It's okay though - when two Russians play against each other, that's normal! At the press conference I was asked a really good question - they asked if I thought Martina Hingis helped me to win this tournament last year by beating Maria Sharapova in the semifinals. I said 'Don't you think so?' The reporters really enjoyed that one!

I had a long gap between my singles and doubles matches today. I was last on in doubles, so I took a little nap. I actually fell asleep on the massage table... I don't toss and turn much in my sleep so I didn't worry about falling off.

I've been on site all day. It's so difficult to stay indoors all the time, you feel like your eyes are getting really tired. You want to feel the fresh air. So, during the day, you can go on a run on the track outside. Another thing I've been doing to keep myself busy is thinking about the sumo wrestlers and practicing the moves. But I guess you don't have to go outside for that.

I'll talk to you all tomorrow after my quarterfinal!

LudwigDvorak
Feb 1st, 2007, 05:01 PM
Thursday, February 1, 2007

So we didn't end up going to the French restaurant for dinner last night; instead, we went to the Japanese buffet downstairs in the hotel. We had to wait quite a bit, like an hour and a half - it was quite long but it was very good.

Today I woke up at 8am, then caught the bus to the tournament at 9:15am. There are no individual cars here - it's one big bus. Normally, me and my mom are always in trouble because we're always late, and the driver is waiting for us for 20 minutes. But knowing how keen all the players are about getting to the tournament, we were on time today. I'm trying really hard to be on time here.

Once we got to the tournament, I had to rush to get ready for my match. I was the second match on the schedule and the first match went really quickly, so I didn't really have much time to warm-up. Actually, I don't think Elena Likhovtseva had much time to warm-up either. The match was tough; I was 6-3 4-0 up and then she won five games in a row. It was a real roller coaster for us. It's okay though - when two Russians play against each other, that's normal! At the press conference I was asked a really good question - they asked if I thought Martina Hingis helped me to win this tournament last year by beating Maria Sharapova in the semifinals. I said 'Don't you think so?' The reporters really enjoyed that one!

I had a long gap between my singles and doubles matches today. I was last on in doubles, so I took a little nap. I actually fell asleep on the massage table... I don't toss and turn much in my sleep so I didn't worry about falling off.

I've been on site all day. It's so difficult to stay indoors all the time, you feel like your eyes are getting really tired. You want to feel the fresh air. So, during the day, you can go on a run on the track outside. Another thing I've been doing to keep myself busy is thinking about the sumo wrestlers and practicing the moves. But I guess you don't have to go outside for that.

I'll talk to you all tomorrow after my quarterfinal!

:lol:

amateurismisokay
Feb 1st, 2007, 05:09 PM
Another thing I've been doing to keep myself busy is thinking about the sumo wrestlers and practicing the moves

oh, i'm dying to see that!!!

Dementinator
Feb 1st, 2007, 05:55 PM
watch out WTA , Lenas gonna be throwing some bodies about the place it seems!

"fell asleep on the massage table" How I would have loved that job! Giving Lena her much needed massage!

LudwigDvorak
Feb 1st, 2007, 05:58 PM
"fell asleep on the massage table" How I would have loved that job! Giving Lena her much needed massage!

The line between a fan and a dementinator has never been so thin.

Viktymise
Feb 1st, 2007, 05:59 PM
:hearts: i just love her so much it hurts :awww:

goldenlox
Feb 1st, 2007, 06:47 PM
This entry came early. But they could be more in depth.

-sugi-
Feb 1st, 2007, 06:48 PM
:awww: Another really nice entry.

goldenlox
Feb 1st, 2007, 06:59 PM
And here's some post match comments -

Dementieva built up a 4-0 lead in the second set before her namesake suddenly came to life.
"It was a bit difficult to finish the match in the second set," Dementieva said.
"I think I just lost my concentration a little bit when it was 4-0 for me. I think Elena started to play well, like she had nothing to lose. She was going for the winner down the line and she did it pretty good."
For the 25-year-old Dementieva, ranked eighth in the world, it was important to avoid going to a third set.
"I was afraid we were going to split [the sets] and I would have to start all over again," she said. "I'm glad to finish at 7-5 with so many troubles. It's important to finish in two sets and save some energy for the next round."
Although the defending champion, Dementieva knows it will be a tough road to another title. She next faces Italian qualifier Roberta Vinci, a 6-3, 6-0 winner over France's Severine Bremond, then faces possible clashes with Martina Hingis and Sharapova.
Last year, Dementieva destroyed Hingis 6-2, 6-0 in the final.
"I feel every year every tournament is a new challenge for me," said Dementieva, who has six career titles. "It's going to be very difficult to defend my title this time."

Kai
Feb 1st, 2007, 09:13 PM
oh Lena :hearts: :hearts:

thetennisgirl
Feb 1st, 2007, 09:18 PM
aw her blog is quite good, shes got a sort of effortless humour too,,,nice read

goldenlox
Feb 1st, 2007, 10:15 PM
Another thing I've been doing to keep myself busy is thinking about the sumo wrestlers and practicing the moves...

Imagine Lena doing those sumo moves

http://www.kampfsport-online.com/Japan/Sumo/sumo.h3.jpg

Frode
Feb 2nd, 2007, 12:05 AM
Another thing I've been doing to keep myself busy is thinking about the sumo wrestlers and practicing the moves...

Imagine Lena doing those sumo moves

http://www.kampfsport-online.com/Japan/Sumo/sumo.h3.jpg

That looks like the now retired American Akebono.

Greenout
Feb 2nd, 2007, 12:12 AM
That's cute- all in one bus heading to the arena. :lol:

Like a bunch of tourists eh?

austennis
Feb 2nd, 2007, 12:19 AM
She writes really well and comes across as really sweet

Dementieva Guts
Feb 2nd, 2007, 04:57 AM
These blogs are too short

That be something special: Elena doing sumo stretches warmies during the coin toss of this year tokyo final against, hopefully, model runway sharapova

THAT'S THE INTIMIDATOR FACTOR ... DEMENTIEVA STYLE !!!:lick:

Frode
Feb 2nd, 2007, 05:05 AM
Is that Elena "Baby Doll" Reid in Your avtar Dementieva guts? She's sure is cute as hell.

Ben.
Feb 2nd, 2007, 05:06 AM
lena's blogs are quite fascinating. well written & she sure does not like to be woken early in the morning :lol:

Dementieva Guts
Feb 2nd, 2007, 05:20 AM
Is that Elena "Baby Doll" Reid in Your avtar Dementieva guts? She's sure is cute as hell.

You're right on man ! She's something for sure!
She's not only a cutee, but she's boxing pretty good to say the least.
I drove south 2000 km to see her fight against Alicia Ashley in 05 and Mariana Juarez in 03. SHE PUT ON A REAL SHOW, NO SPARRING HERE!!

She maybe easy on the eyes but she brings it home:worship: ,

Frode
Feb 2nd, 2007, 05:27 AM
You're right on man ! She's something for sure!
She's not only a cutee, but she's boxing pretty good to say the least.
I drove south 2000 km to see her fight against Alicia Ashley in 05 and Mariana Juarez in 03. SHE PUT ON A REAL SHOW, NO SPARRING HERE!!

She maybe easy on the eyes but she brings it home:worship: ,

Seen her on TV a couple of times. I felt so sorry for her when she got robbed against Regina Halmich in germany. She only got a draw, but I think she won clearly. Regina won the rematch tough. Now if Elena could do a Playboy like Regina:eek:

Dementieva Guts
Feb 2nd, 2007, 05:34 AM
Seen her on TV a couple of times. I felt so sorry for her when she got robbed against Regina Halmich in germany. She only got a draw, but I think she won clearly. Regina won the rematch tough. Now if Elena could do a Playboy like Regina:eek:

You're right about these 2 Regina-Reid fights. But to be honest with you, Nobody can beat Regina IN GERMANY by a decision, this sport has a black eye with world title fights judges

On the PlayBoy thing, I'll pay first class ticket to see the shoot of the Baby Doll Unveilling:hearts: .

That be a great gig !!

goldenlox
Feb 2nd, 2007, 11:09 AM
Lena will have at least one more blog this week

UncleZeke
Feb 2nd, 2007, 11:23 AM
yes, one more.

goldenlox
Feb 2nd, 2007, 10:16 PM
Friday, February 2, 2007
It was hard to wake up today. We went to bed very late last night. Vera Dushevina and her coach came up to our room and we were just talking and enjoying the view; our room is very high up in the hotel and we have a beautiful view, especially at night. But then we realized it was 12:30am! I had lost track of time, and so this morning I had trouble waking up. But I realized I'd be late for the breakfast if I didn't get up. Breakfast ends at 10 here. I had to have my favourite, leche, which you can get in the buffet here. I love it. I eat a lot for breakfast here actually, because my mom forces me to. I know I have to, so she's right.
When we came to the tournament today it was a very long first match - Sugi against Sharapova. It was like two hours. I was watching a little bit of the first set. It was funny - Sugi asked for her mom to come to the court at the end of winning the first set, then she lost the next two sets. We were laughing a bit about that. We were waiting and waiting for that match to finish, then Martina finished really fast. I went on court at about 6pm and won in straight sets, so I was pretty happy about that. I was trying to be fast because I didn't want to miss my dinner!
If you go down the streets here there are so many restaurants and bars - it's all about food here. They all put pictures of the food up in the window. All you have to do is point to the food to get it; you just want to take all the samples too because it looks so good. But the food in the windows is plastic so I guess you can't eat those. It's getting pretty late tonight, though, so we're probably just going to order room service.
We went out for dinner last night, though. Before seeing them at the hotel, we went out with Dushevina, her coach and my doubles partner, Olga, to get sushi. Dushevina was leaving to go back home and we were saying our goodbyes, although we'll probably see each other in Moscow in a week or so!
I'm playing Martina Hingis in the semis. She says she loves this tournament because she loves the city, that it's like home here. It's funny, last year in the first round I played a three hour match with Katarina Srebotnik, I even had a match point against me, then Martina came off the court after winning 60 60 and said how much she loved playing here. I was like 'What? How can you love it here!' Of course I was telling her how difficult it was to play here. But, after I won the title, I can now say I love it here too. I wouldn't say it feels like home, but I really like it becaure it's very different and interesting, and the people are so polite. They are all so supportive. It's really a pleasure for me to play here.
I'll talk to you all after my semifinal!

-SheLL-
Feb 2nd, 2007, 10:20 PM
tooo cute...thanks.. :lol:

Mightymirza
Feb 2nd, 2007, 10:24 PM
OMG shes getting funnier by the day!! :worship: get the title lena..I dont want this blog to end..:sad:

goldenlox
Feb 2nd, 2007, 10:31 PM
Lena listens to mommy -

I eat a lot for breakfast here actually, because my mom forces me to. I know I have to, so she's right.

Sebastien123
Feb 2nd, 2007, 10:33 PM
Friday, February 2, 2007
I went on court at about 6pm and won in straight sets, so I was pretty happy about that.I was trying to be fast because I didn't want to miss my dinner!

:spit:

I love you Elena :kiss:

Dementinator
Feb 2nd, 2007, 10:42 PM
WEll I always knew Lena liked her food! Shes a big powerful girl so needs her sustinace! mom makes sure of that!

Love the bit about not wanting to miss her dinner ,so the best thing to tell her is ,if she loses to Hinigis , its straight to bed without any dinner!

Lena is just so so so Adorable! A girl with millions of $$$ in the bank ,the looks of a goddess ,a body that anyone would die for and shes really just a big sweet girl.. so down to earth and funny too.... shes sharp as a razor!

thetennisgirl
Feb 2nd, 2007, 10:43 PM
aw good read,,and shes soo honest too!!!

miffedmax
Feb 2nd, 2007, 11:18 PM
Lena's blog AFR.

DOUBLEFIST
Feb 3rd, 2007, 12:13 AM
Sugi asked for her mom to come to the court at the end of winning the first set, then she lost the next two sets. We were laughing a bit about that.

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

What the hell did Ai's mom say to her!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh my gosh that's funny! I don't know why I'm laughin' so hard about that, but I can hardly type. Poor Ai. :lol: :lol: :lol: If her mom ever starts to come down to the court again, she needs to tell her, "Please, mom, please stay the hell away!" :lol: Poor Ai.

Prizeidiot
Feb 3rd, 2007, 01:51 AM
So now we know, Elena wins matches properly when she needs to eat

I've noticed with all these blogs, and the ATP blogs, that players really love food a lot.

By the way, who is the "we" that Elena refers to when talking about laughing at Ai's misfortune? Seems a bit harsh :p

LudwigDvorak
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:05 AM
I was trying to be fast because I didn't want to miss my dinner!

It's funny, last year in the first round I played a three hour match with Katarina Srebotnik, I even had a match point against me, then Martina came off the court after winning 60 60 and said how much she loved playing here. I was like 'What? How can you love it here!'

They put pictures of the food in the window. All you have to do is point to the food to get it; you just want to take all the samples too because they look so good, but the food in the windows is plastic so I guess you can't eat those.

It amazes me how funny she is. Oh Elena.

UncleZeke
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:12 AM
Gotta love her

itzhak
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:07 PM
Saturday, February 3, 2007

Hello everyone,

Although I'm disappointed that I lost today, I was happy to win the tournament's ACES Award for the off-court work I've done this week. At least I did something good for the tournament! It's very nice, and I'm happy to have won such a gift. I think I'll work harder for every other tournament now! It makes me feel a little bit better, especially after such a disappointing loss.

I was very disappointed in my game today - I made so many unforced errors. I was really expecting something better from today's match and I really wanted to defend my title... but, I guess I'll try next time.

I still have some good memories from this tournament, though. I met so many good people and friends here, and after my matches the fans were even giving me stuffed animals. But now I guess it's off to the next tournament. Today will be my last day to get some sushi in Tokyo!!

Thanks for reading my blog this week and I'll talk to you all soon!

Elena

no words about Injury or Paris...

goldenlox
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:18 PM
Strange she didn't mention withdrawing from Paris.

mc8114
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:19 PM
Saturday, February 3, 2007

Hello everyone,

Although I'm disappointed that I lost today, I was happy to win the tournament's ACES Award for the off-court work I've done this week. At least I did something good for the tournament! It's very nice, and I'm happy to have won such a gift. I think I'll work harder for every other tournament now! It makes me feel a little bit better, especially after such a disappointing loss.

I was very disappointed in my game today - I made so many unforced errors. I was really expecting something better from today's match and I really wanted to defend my title... but, I guess I'll try next time.

I still have some good memories from this tournament, though. I met so many good people and friends here, and after my matches the fans were even giving me stuffed animals. But now I guess it's off to the next tournament. Today will be my last day to get some sushi in Tokyo!!

Thanks for reading my blog this week and I'll talk to you all soon!

Elena

no words about Injury or Paris...thank goodness :)

-sugi-
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:21 PM
:awww: :sad: Sad it came to an end, but definetely one of the best blogs :)

Kai
Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:51 PM
thank you for this great blog elena :bowdown:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:00 PM
We want more blogs in the Lena official site

That would be cool

goldenlox
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:04 PM
She should have talked about not playing Paris

LudwigDvorak
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:10 PM
???????

What injury? Why isn't Elena playing Paris? I haven't heard about any of this.

LudwigDvorak
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:13 PM
Never mind. Groin strain. Bleh. Hope you're okay for Antwerp. You always do well there.

miffedmax
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:54 PM
What a fun blog. Like I wasn't a big enough fan before.

Mightymirza
Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:00 PM
yeah lena..write more often...:rocker: