PDA

View Full Version : Some 1st leg info: singles and Fed Cup

DoctorG
Jan 30th, 2007, 02:30 PM
SINGLES

Only 36 out of 53 players confirmed their presence, and it's only thanks to the 12 newbies that we can fill the usual main draw of 48. But we do need to change the wild card and qualifying round system. Even if everyone will enter the main draw, I want to keep the qualies as an extra chance to gain ranking points. For this first leg, top 6 among the newbies will get in as qualifiers, with the usual 25 pts bonus; the other 6 will get in as wild cards. No lucky loser this time. From the 2nd leg on everyone will be ranked and I might make more changes.

FED CUP

The first part of this event will be a round robin again with all the 11 teams playing each other. At the end of the RR stage, top 6 will enter the World Group I main draw, while the other 5 will fight to qualify for the play-off ties.

More info will follow! :wavey:

arn
Jan 30th, 2007, 04:31 PM
looks good to me doc! :yeah:

Yasmine
Jan 30th, 2007, 05:35 PM
I'm part of the newbies, not sure I understand every detail of it, but it sounds clear enough to me now :cool:

klok
Jan 30th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the info Doc. Any idea when the draws will be released so we can see how we went?

DoctorG
Jan 31st, 2007, 08:47 AM
looks good to me doc! :yeah:

Hi Arn! :wavey:

Thank you, good luck! :bounce:

I'm part of the newbies, not sure I understand every detail of it, but it sounds clear enough to me now :cool:

Hi Yasmine! :wavey:

Feel free to ask any question if you have any doubt, I'll be happy to answer. :)
Good luck for your Tennis Poker debut! :yeah:

Thanks for the info Doc. Any idea when the draws will be released so we can see how we went?

Hi Klok! :wavey:

The first leg inlcudes also next week's events in Paris and Pattaya City, so the results won't be definitive till these tournaments are over. I'm still busy wrapping up last year's Olympics and Awards, but mid-February is a safe guess for the first scores. :)
Thank you, good luck! :bounce:

Yasmine
Jan 31st, 2007, 08:59 AM
thanks! Good luck everyone! :D

spencercarlos
Jan 31st, 2007, 11:10 PM
i confirm in case i did not! :o

DoctorG
Feb 1st, 2007, 07:29 AM
i confirm in case i did not! :o

You did. ;) Unluckily your doubles partner didn't, so I had to arrange a new pair, but you're in. :)

Thank you, good luck! :wavey: