PDA

View Full Version : Serena Speaks!!!!

Marcell
Jan 30th, 2007, 01:20 PM
29 January 2007

At the Aussie Open!
Filed Under: Off Court - Serena Williams @ 18:25

I love playing down under. Why? I don't know! Iíve faced a lot of criticism there two years running, but still I go and still I enjoy myself. I love Rod Laver Arena.
I was watching the menís final live on center court and I could not help but wonder wow I played here just yesterday. The atmosphere was amazing. I feel honored that so many people would come out to watch me play and so many people would cheer. Their whole purpose was to be there to WATCH ME and my opponent. Weíre providing them with entertainment. I feel so special every time I walk out on center court I think about what an honor it is to be playing for the fans worldwide.

At the Aussie Open I had a blast!
Winning that last point in the final was amazing. And I can't believe that I Serena Williams from Compton California has EIGHT grand slam titles. Lil Serena Williams the youngest of five has eight grand slam titles. I've always wanted to win grand slams, now I'm only one behind one of my all time fav players Monica Seles. I just can't believe it. Itís all happening again guys, and I have the ability to make it happen. (God willing) I believe if u put God first in your life everything else will fall into place.

Serena Williams, the little eight year old with the huge gap in her teeth. Living in a two bedroom house with seven people, two parents, and five sisters. And with five sisters growing up together, we loved each other. Not even death could keep us apart.... and here we are now. We are people that kids look up to and admire. Kids say I want to hit my forehand like Serena and Venus. I've never felt more blessed and honored that I was chosen to do this.

I know you remember Isha!!!! The Serena Williams that cried when her bigger sister Isha went away for a better education on the weekends? Remember how I used to cry when Mom would leave to go to Michigan, and when she came back I wore the same outfit so she could remember what I looked like.

Or maybe you remember better the bratty Serena Williams. The one that hid my momís keys. While my mom was looking for them for hours. We all got whippings because that's what you do in most African American homes. Until someone confesses... so they started with the oldest Tunde, than Isha? Then Lyn, than Venus, and finally when it was my turn I "remembered" where they were! And I was SAVED I was SPARED. But Isha to be honest I was scared to admit that I had thrown them away. I thought I was gonna get into trouble if I told her I threw them away.... that's the same Serena Williams with EIGHT grand slam titles now...... that mischievous kid.

But more then wining what I liked most in the Australian Open was proving people wrong. Down to the last round the last match I was still fighting critics. Everyone thought I was going to lose because I was playing the number one seed, because to THEIR standards I'm not fit. I don't look like Mary Kate Olsen or Nicole Richie. I'm all black and I'm all woman baby. I have hips, curves, butt, and boobs.... I will never be a size two. I will always be bigger. And there are tons of other women and people out there that share my same body type. I'm a body-liscious babe. My waist is 29 inches; I can't have a smaller waist unless I decide to starve myself, and if my fans out there want me to win more slams Iím not going to be able to do that. .

Someone on my Myspace page wrote me and asked me to listen to a Whitney Houstonís song called "Tell me no." I love that song. In it she says tell me no and Iíll show you I can... Here are some the lyrics I especially like:

I'm reaching for my dreams
And youíre so quick to say what I can't do
You criticize my actions
But I don't see you standing in my shoes
I'm going the wrong way
I'm doing the wrong thing
Every word just keeps me fueled.
So come on and tell me no and Iíll show you I can
And if youíre making me feel bad
Than tell me than do you feel good?
I'm just human and all I'm doing is what my heart tells me I should
So come on and tell me no, and Iíll show I can

Therefore, when I went and played in the final I KNEW there was no way I was going to lose. I had God on my side and I was just relaxed, and I knew there was only one black girl that day winning. Also I was the only black girl playing so I narrowed down that black girl to me!

FOR THE RECORD I DON'T THINK I AM FIT AS I CAN BE...... IMAGINE WHEN I
AM............ scary thought

All in all I could write for hours, but I'd rather answer some of my fans questions, so ask them away and Iíll select some to answer so everyone can see how I am feeling!

Thank you to all my Fans for the support and for the LOVE, and for all the letters I get on my blog. I love you all. And my Fans are what keep me going!!
Xoxoxooxoxo
Xoxoxoooxo
Muahhhhhh

Big booty
Serena

xr6turbo
Jan 30th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Cool :)

Anyone know what Serena's MySpace address is? :lol:

Talula
Jan 30th, 2007, 01:28 PM
I thought it might have been something like:

'...and after the final I said Oi, Musha, Misha, Mosha or whatever you call yourself, wipe my arse.'

Pureracket
Jan 30th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Wonderful post!!!!!

Haters,
You may now enter "Serena's Arena.";)

8 Grand Slams!!!!!

coffee-lover
Jan 30th, 2007, 01:36 PM
I know you remember Isha!!!! The Serena Williams that cried when her bigger sister Isha went away for a better education on the weekends? Remember how I used to cry when Mom would leave to go to Michigan, and when she came back I wore the same outfit so she could remember what I looked like.

:awww: that is so sweet :angel:

Or maybe you remember better the bratty Serena Williams. The one that hid my momís keys. While my mom was looking for them for hours. We all got whippings because that's what you do in most African American homes. Until someone confesses... so they started with the oldest Tunde, than Isha? Then Lyn, than Venus, and finally when it was my turn I "remembered" where they were! And I was SAVED I was SPARED. But Isha to be honest I was scared to admit that I had thrown them away. I thought I was gonna get into trouble if I told her I threw them away.... that's the same Serena Williams with EIGHT grand slam titles now...... that mischievous kid.

:lol: :lol:

:cool: interview

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 30th, 2007, 02:28 PM
I wanna see Serena's MySpace too :eek:

MistyGrey
Jan 30th, 2007, 02:43 PM
That was a great read!
I'm happy for Serena. :)

xr6turbo
Jan 30th, 2007, 02:49 PM
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=81539007

Thats her myspace :lol:

LMAO look at her friends :p Beyonce, Kelly Rowland, Shaq.....

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 30th, 2007, 02:50 PM
I found this one :shrug:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=116232123

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 30th, 2007, 02:51 PM
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=81539007

LOL there's no way that one's real. :haha:

xr6turbo
Jan 30th, 2007, 02:54 PM
I found this one :shrug:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=116232123
Hmm i think this one is the real one :lol:

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 30th, 2007, 02:55 PM
I added Boris Kodjoe from her friends list. Very cool. :hearts:

xr6turbo
Jan 30th, 2007, 02:57 PM
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=140103828

This is the myspace of that guy who was sitting in Serena's box.

xr6turbo
Jan 30th, 2007, 02:59 PM
He moved to the US a year ago... Wonder how he hooked in with Venus and Serena?

Marcell
Jan 30th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Serena and Venus met him in Australia when he was 12 years old. He would always support them when they go to the Open. Since moving to the US, they are having lots of fun.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 30th, 2007, 04:01 PM
That's right Serena.
You might not be as fit but you still look F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S.
You're telling a little fib that you're still your wta weight of 135 though.
You're more like 155 and I love every bit of it.

TYnis
Jan 30th, 2007, 04:03 PM
"Remember how I used to cry when Mom would leave to go to Michigan, and when she came back I wore the same outfit so she could remember what I looked like."

That line somehow got me very emotional. I guess because I was like that when I was a kid and both of my parents took turns going on business trips. I remember missing them very much. Serena's a great person!

saki
Jan 30th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Heh. She sounds so hyper, it's really cute.

pooh14
Jan 30th, 2007, 04:22 PM
i think among the 8 slams, this is the most important slam winning for her, cause it shut alot of people's mouth.

i doubt anybody would ever dare to say Serena's career is over even if she doesnt play for the rest of the year :p

SJW
Jan 30th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Hands up those who've added her to myspace?
She's so gonna regret mentioning that :lol:

:inlove:
Jan 30th, 2007, 04:35 PM
:awww: :hearts:

ptkten
Jan 30th, 2007, 04:59 PM
The Turkish guy who's been helping out Venus and Serena is on her friends list too.

sfselesfan
Jan 30th, 2007, 05:06 PM
I love it! I adopted my favorite part as my new signature.

SF

stenen
Jan 30th, 2007, 05:12 PM
That was a great read. I've always know she's a fantastic player but I didn't dig her that much as a person. I liking her more and more. She has matured so much. Thanks for posting the article. :yeah:

Berlin_Calling
Jan 30th, 2007, 05:14 PM
great personal blog entry! and i love the background of her myspace LOL

venusdemilo
Jan 30th, 2007, 05:20 PM
:worship: Great stuff from 'Rena! Now is her blog on her myspace page?

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 30th, 2007, 05:29 PM
LOL yup. I added Boris Kodjoe too, I'm even more psyched to drop him a message. :drool: :lol:

venusdemilo
Jan 30th, 2007, 05:32 PM
The Turkish guy who's been helping out Venus and Serena is on her friends list too.

Seems like he left her a message too. :)

skanky~skanketta
Jan 30th, 2007, 06:05 PM
this only tells me one thing. i need to get myself a myspace account and add her asap!

winone23
Jan 30th, 2007, 06:12 PM
this only tells me one thing. i need to get myself a myspace account and add her asap!

:lol:

jdyshrky
Jan 30th, 2007, 06:27 PM
so is that guy Zane just a cheer leader for the girls? I was sitting next to them in Rome for the Venus matches and thought he was English but makes sense that he's Australian. I couldnt figure out what he was cos he def wasnt her hitting partner so maybe he's her PR or just best friend? The people on his myspace keep referring to the amount of coverage he got at the Open. No one has mentioned the watch! lol

StarDuvallGrant
Jan 30th, 2007, 06:34 PM

Raises hand :wavey:

hotandspicey
Jan 30th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Very nice read!! Myspace..:hearts:

sfselesfan
Jan 30th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Bump for the benefit of those who are creating this same thread for the tenth time!

SF

Chance
Jan 31st, 2007, 09:45 AM

thanks for the link

that was a great read :)

CONGRATULATIONS SERENA!!!!

vettipooh
Jan 31st, 2007, 11:37 AM
Entertaining read! Serena is just so funny and straight forward. :hearts: