PDA

View Full Version : Mary Pierce's fans are the best!

Zehri98
Jan 28th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new here, but I don't feel new.

This is my first post on this forum, and indeed my first post anywhere on any forum. But the reason I don't feel new is because I have read every post on this forum pretty much everyday for the last 19 months, when Mary made her amazing run at the French Open and I found this site by accident. I feel like I know all you guys so well, Mark with his amazing website, Saby with the fantastic insights into Mary's schedule and John with his very eloquent depictions of Mary's matches and life. Of course there are many more comrades and I feel like I know all of you individually and its because of this one person that connects us all, Mary Pierce.

I've been a huge fan of Mary's ever since she won her first round match at the Australian Open in 1995 and we all know she went on to win that tournament, and what a tournament it was. I, and many others, thought that she would go on to become the next Steffi Graf in terms of tournament wins and Grand Slam titles. Sadly, that was not the case but I believe it would have been had it not been for the numerous injuries that have plagued her throughout her career.

However, the fact that she does not have the number of GS titles as a Graf or a Navratilova or an Evert or even a Seles doesn't mean she will be forgotten when that sad day of her retirement comes. What she achieved in her career coupled with the amount of setbacks she has had is nothing short of brilliant.

The emotion that I feel when she steps on that court is incomparable to anything else in tennis. I have watched at least every s/f and final of every grand slam for the last 12 years but nothing compares to that feeling of watching a match involving Mary, even if that match is in a Tier III somewhere in Timbuktu, the fact is that its Mary and that is all that matters. I know that most people on this forum feel the same way because of the passion in which you portray your feelings for her and I am glad to see that even in this difficult time in Mary's career, she can rely on us, her fans, to support her if and when she decides to return to the tour, bringing with her the elegance, power and strength of mind and heart that has kept her firmly in our minds and our hearts.

She may sometimes be ignored by the fickle media or by the so-called tennis pundits but there is no disputing that Mary Pierce has the most enduring, most dedicated and greatest fans of any player past or present, and it is because of this achievement, she can truly be held in the same light as the greatest names in the history of the game.

A long start but I promise the rest won't be so long, lol. I know you all and now I look forward to you getting to know me. :wavey:

Paul.
Jan 28th, 2007, 08:15 PM

This is my first post on this forum, and indeed my first post anywhere on any forum. But the reason I don't feel new is because I have read every post on this forum pretty much everyday for the last 19 months, when Mary made her amazing run at the French Open and I found this site by accident. I feel like I know all you guys so well, Mark with his amazing website, Saby with the fantastic insights into Mary's schedule and John with his very eloquent depictions of Mary's matches and life. Of course there are many more comrades and I feel like I know all of you individually and its because of this one person that connects us all, Mary Pierce.

I've been a huge fan of Mary's ever since she won her first round match at the Australian Open in 1995 and we all know she went on to win that tournament, and what a tournament it was. I, and many others, thought that she would go on to become the next Steffi Graf in terms of tournament wins and Grand Slam titles. Sadly, that was not the case but I believe it would have been had it not been for the numerous injuries that have plagued her throughout her career.

However, the fact that she does not have the number of GS titles as a Graf or a Navratilova or an Evert or even a Seles doesn't mean she will be forgotten when that sad day of her retirement comes. What she achieved in her career coupled with the amount of setbacks she has had is nothing short of brilliant.

The emotion that I feel when she steps on that court is incomparable to anything else in tennis. I have watched at least every s/f and final of every grand slam for the last 12 years but nothing compares to that feeling of watching a match involving Mary, even if that match is in a Tier III somewhere in Timbuktu, the fact is that its Mary and that is all that matters. I know that most people on this forum feel the same way because of the passion in which you portray your feelings for her and I am glad to see that even in this difficult time in Mary's career, she can rely on us, her fans, to support her if and when she decides to return to the tour, bringing with her the elegance, power and strength of mind and heart that has kept her firmly in our minds and our hearts.

She may sometimes be ignored by the fickle media or by the so-called tennis pundits but there is no disputing that Mary Pierce has the most enduring, most dedicated and greatest fans of any player past or present, and it is because of this achievement, she can truly be held in the same light as the greatest names in the history of the game.

A long start but I promise the rest won't be so long, lol. I know you all and now I look forward to you getting to know me. :wavey:

What a great post!

Everything you wrote is true and I'm glad that you decided to become a member :D

I hope you will be fully involved in all of the excitement that is part of Mary playing and you can share all your thoughts with all of the other passionate Mary fans.

I can't wait for her return :)

Mark Spruce
Jan 28th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Hello and welcome here.

What a super amazing post. I love it !! I totaly agree with you on the FICKLE media part.

Great to see you here posting :wavey:

Thanks so much for the words on my site

Mark

sebbe
Jan 29th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Cool...and I can just agree with recent posters...great post!

And a warm welcome!

//sebastian

rsunderji
Jan 29th, 2007, 06:27 PM
so true, all of it!

stefi62
Jan 29th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Yeah, a great post! Welcome! :wavey:

Zehri98
Jan 30th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Thank you all for your very warm welcome, I appreciate it very much. Every word in my post was heartfelt and I'm so happy that you share my rather emotional sentiments. But tennis is emotional and even more so if you're a Mary Pierce fan! Hahaha!

Wednesday
Jan 30th, 2007, 01:05 AM
Welcome. Is there a return date for Mary yet?

The Last Unicorn
Jan 30th, 2007, 02:36 PM
As stated before - what a way to kick off. Really nice post. Enjoy yourself here and have fun!

vanillalatte
Jan 30th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Hi! :wavey:

saby
Jan 30th, 2007, 09:46 PM
WELCOME !!!

Sund7101
Jan 30th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Welcome and great first post.