PDA

View Full Version : Ai at the Tokyo Pacific Open

sugifan
Jan 28th, 2007, 12:16 PM
the draw is available !!

first match against vesnina ! ai should make it ! it gets touch in the second round probably againt Peer ! tough opponent !! and Third round agains sharapova !!

very hard draw for Ai but she is playing great and she is in Japan so she can create a surprise !!

AJZ.
Jan 28th, 2007, 01:18 PM
I hope she does create an upset and does well in the home event!

-sugi-
Jan 29th, 2007, 02:38 PM
:yeah: Vesnina will be tough, but I know Ai can beat her. But Ai never does well in this event but lets hope for a great tournament.

AJZ.
Jan 30th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Ai and Dani lost versus Mattek & Jankovic 7-6 6-3 :sad::sad::sad:

I don't think Dani was on her game (l. to Vinci) but this is extremely disappointing!!! :sad:

-sugi-
Jan 30th, 2007, 03:09 PM
:sad:

AK-DH Fan
Jan 30th, 2007, 03:42 PM
yeah I'm sure after Dani's loss, she wasn't in a good mood, which probably affected their performance:( But I hope Dani can just gets through this one in straight sets. There's been so many three setters already for her this year

Patty Choker
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:31 AM
go ai..hope you have a better match than aiko:o

AJZ.
Jan 31st, 2007, 09:57 AM
Ai beat Vesnina 6-4 6-2!!!
This will be good for her ranking :)
She next faces Masha K who upset Shahar Peer in straight sets :notsure:
Do your best ;)

TennisPlayingFox
Jan 31st, 2007, 12:50 PM
Very nice win for Ai! The match against Maria should be interesting! Good luck Ai!

-sugi-
Jan 31st, 2007, 05:42 PM
Really nice win for Ai ;)

It would be great for her to reach the quarters, Hopefully she can have a good match against Makiri :D

AJZ.
Jan 31st, 2007, 07:57 PM
Her match against Kirilenko is up third today on Court 1, after Zheng's and Dementieva's matches!

Ai's mom apparently said to the Japanese media that Ai is looking for a new doubles partner according to Ex-Hopman :eek:

pcrtennis
Feb 1st, 2007, 02:13 AM
Her match against Kirilenko is up third today on Court 1, after Zheng's and Dementieva's matches!

Ai's mom apparently said to the Japanese media that Ai is looking for a new doubles partner according to Ex-Hopman :eek:

Where did Ex Hopman say that?? He hasnt posted in a long while! I'm kind of glad she's looking around.

ex hopman
Feb 1st, 2007, 06:04 AM
hey guys... sorry I should've posted here first before the general one...
i haven't come to this site for ever...
i was in asia for a few months (not that i didnt have an internet access...)

yeah, lots of media announced last night that ai and her mom decided to switch a doubles partner (finally).

they have discussed so many times... but according to one media (not-reliable-that-much one...), ai kept her because ai and daniela are very good friends even though many of ai's side thought daniela hasn't really improved on doubles since she focuses on singles more.

now, ai is towards her retirement (she expressed her interest in playing at Beijing 2008 and then possibly she retires right after), she wants to achieve the grandslams in doubles (she just needs OZ?).
She might start pairing up with Ayumi before the Olympics (this is a rumor).

Ai hasn't told Daniela about switching a partner yet... but I'm sure Daniela can be expected.

Ai's mom thinks (with Daniela) Ai's good parts in doubles can't be used in play very well.

Ok, this is the info I have for now.

We'll see whom she's going to pick now.

pcrtennis
Feb 1st, 2007, 06:40 AM
hey guys... sorry I should've posted here first before the general one...
i haven't come to this site for ever...
i was in asia for a few months (not that i didnt have an internet access...)

yeah, lots of media announced last night that ai and her mom decided to switch a doubles partner (finally).

they have discussed so many times... but according to one media (not-reliable-that-much one...), ai kept her because ai and daniela are very good friends even though many of ai's side thought daniela hasn't really improved on doubles since she focuses on singles more.

now, ai is towards her retirement (she expressed her interest in playing at Beijing 2008 and then possibly she retires right after), she wants to achieve the grandslams in doubles (she just needs OZ?).
She might start pairing up with Ayumi before the Olympics (this is a rumor).

Ai hasn't told Daniela about switching a partner yet... but I'm sure Daniela can be expected.

Ai's mom thinks (with Daniela) Ai's good parts in doubles can't be used in play very well.

Ok, this is the info I have for now.

We'll see whom she's going to pick now.

Thanks Ex Hopman! Thanks for the info! So she probably will play through 2008? Could you translate some of the later diary entries???

Also, keep us posted on what Ai's camp is saying and other news related to her and Japanese tennis, thanks so much!

Oh congrats to Ai on a good win against Kirilenko!

-sugi-
Feb 1st, 2007, 03:35 PM
Into the quarters :yippee:

AJZ.
Feb 1st, 2007, 06:23 PM
Into the quarters :yippee:

Good job Ai!!! :woohoo:
A match against Sharapova - a rematch of their "epic" Wimbledon QF in 2004... I hope this time the result is different :devil:

Sharapova said they often practice together :eek: Kind of shocked, lol.

I wonder who Ai's new partner will be ^o)

ex hopman
Feb 1st, 2007, 10:43 PM
yea, they use the same racket company. they often meet during their events.

AJZ.
Feb 1st, 2007, 11:30 PM
Ah, that makes sense.
What the hell? I searched for "Beauty and the Beast" and I found a picture of Maria standing with Ai at the net (http://images.google.com/images?q=beauty+and+beast&ndsp=20&svnum=10&hl=en&start=280&sa=N)
Cruel :fiery:

TennisPlayingFox
Feb 2nd, 2007, 03:50 AM
Ai wins the first set against Masha 6-4! Keep it up Ai!

AyumiMorita
Feb 2nd, 2007, 05:25 AM
Sharapova def. Sugiyama
4-6 6-0 6-1

the end of Sugi's run in Tokyo
:-(

pcrtennis
Feb 2nd, 2007, 05:56 AM
it was a positive run though....weird ending...

Goai
Feb 2nd, 2007, 06:19 AM
Ah, that makes sense.
What the hell? I searched for "Beauty and the Beast" and I found a picture of Maria standing with Ai at the net (http://images.google.com/images?q=beauty+and+beast&ndsp=20&svnum=10&hl=en&start=280&sa=N)
Cruel :fiery:Obviously, by beauty they refer to Ai ;)

LegionArgentina
Feb 2nd, 2007, 10:29 AM
Suigi :sad: :hug:

-sugi-
Feb 2nd, 2007, 05:26 PM
:( FUCKS SAKE :(

I am so pissed with everyone giving Ai grief in GM about her dumping Dani :( Apparently it shows she isn't a nice or sweet person and she is fake blablabla :( :( :( :( :mad:

AJZ.
Feb 2nd, 2007, 06:33 PM
It's retarded, because it's not even her fault... I'm sure she feels bad about it, too, but I mean they're blowing it way out of proportion. Her mom slipped, not her...

-sugi-
Feb 2nd, 2007, 08:04 PM
Poor Fusako :sad: :hug:

LegionArgentina
Feb 3rd, 2007, 12:01 PM
Wise desition :yeah: