PDA

View Full Version : Funny quotes and thoughts about Lindsay

Lindsayfan32
Jan 27th, 2007, 10:13 AM
I found this on Inside tennis magazine website and thought I would share it with you.

DIALING FOR DAVENPORT:
Like Chris Evert before her, Lindsay has a real All-American thing going, but she is far from pure vanilla.

• Lindsay was once asked, "Have you ever felt cursed by being normal?"

• Okay, follow us here. Lindsay's niece is named Kennedy, so does that mean Davenport's kid will be named Nixon in honor of her former Orange Co. neighbor?

• After being clobbered by 18-year-old Lindsay, Pam Shriver remarked, "I think Lindsay's parents are terrific. I've never met them."

• Reflecting on her less-than-charismatic personality, Lindsay admitted, "If I were a journalist, I would overlook myself, too."

• Davenport quipped, "The other night I saw myself on TV and ran out of the room. Some people love being a star. I'm not one of those people."

• Lindsay's placid demeanor sometimes drew critics: Richard Williams claimed, "Players like Davenport say, 'I'm just happy to be here.' I should have took her out to the john-john. We're not saying we're glad to be here. We came here to whup ass and take this Open."
http://www.insidetennis.com/it_img/YB07_the_buzz_davenport.jpg
ART SEITZ
Was Lady Lindsay "cursed by being normal"?

• Lady Lindsay told Jon Wertheim that her girl-next-door image isn't quite right: "I'm a total bitch out there. I get so pissed." And she once told IT, "The other day, I was walking down the street and some guy said, 'Oh, there's that tennis player.' I looked at him like — you're an idiot. I'm so mean."

• After Lindsay, at age 30, beat Jelena Kostanic 6-0, 6-0 in 40 minutes at the U.S. Open, a reporter asked, "Are you a mean old lady?"
•
Someone claimed that Davenport (who's nickname in high school was "bagel" and is still famous for her lopsided thumpings) "beat the world's 13th-ranked player, Vera Zvonareva, at the Aussie Open in less time than it took Agassi to comb his hair." By the way, no one zipped their way through more one-sided, early round romps than Lindsay.

• Davenport's beloved mom lost Lindsay's Olympic Gold Medal. (It finally re-appeared at the bottom of a shoe box.)

• When Justin Gimelstob contended that WTA players were in competition with the babes who swarm about tennis lounges and that the players looked like "beached whales" who should keep their clothes on, Lindsay snapped back, saying she was curious about men's fascination with women and "how they judge constantly what they wear, who they hang out with, what they look like...Still, I don't think men are all that bad and judge women based on their bodies."

• When asked what it's like to autograph one of those oversized balls, Lindsay said, "Oh, it's so much easier. I gravitate toward them. The [regular] ball is so small. It's hard to get your grip on it. Those big ones are round, no problem." After realizing her gaff, fun-loving Lindsay cracked up.

hurricanejeanne
Jan 27th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Okay the larger ball comment still makes me laugh!:haha: :haha:

Thanks LF32:D these are some of the little things about Lindsay that I love and I miss.

Lindsay :inlove: forever.

The Daviator
Jan 27th, 2007, 08:15 PM
• Reflecting on her less-than-charismatic personality, Lindsay admitted, "If I were a journalist, I would overlook myself, too"

Linds :awww: :hug:

• Lady Lindsay told Jon Wertheim that her girl-next-door image isn't quite right: "I'm a total bitch out there. I get so pissed." And she once told IT, "The other day, I was walking down the street and some guy said, 'Oh, there's that tennis player.' I looked at him like — you're an idiot. I'm so mean."

:haha:

LDF
Jan 27th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Thanks for posting these :)

The ball comment :rolls:

Lindsayfan32
Jan 27th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah I have to say the whole thing made me laugh but the big ball one makes me laugh just thinking about it.

nflatte
Jan 28th, 2007, 02:22 AM
The big ball :lol: