PDA

View Full Version : No Fed Cup

Mateo Mathieu
Jun 22nd, 2002, 05:33 AM
Australian Fed Cup captain, Evonne Goolagong Cawley has announced a five member squad for the nation's World Group qualifying playoff against the Netherlands in Wollongong next month.

Nicole Pratt, Alicia Molik, Evie Dominikovic, Christina Wheeler and Rennae Stubbs make up the squad. Goolagong Cawley will select four players to contest the tie against the Netherlands in Wollongong.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I maybe won't going Wollongong next month because no Rachel McQuillan. Evonne Goolagong Cawley should select Rachel McQuillan in the squad because she's very good at Doubles.

conchita
Jul 4th, 2002, 06:37 AM
I cannot believe she didn't bick Rachel. None of the other players she selected could strect Martina Hingis to a 7-5 set and Rennae Stubbs on the team just coz she has a good doubles ranking is not a good idea. Mcquillan and Lisa McShea made the QF at Wimbledon last year in he doubles and did really well at Eastbourne or that other grass tournament (Can't remember what its called, lol).

GOOD LUCK RACHEL ANYWAY IN YOUR OTHER TOURNAMENTS!

:)

azza
Jun 28th, 2003, 02:06 PM
:)

Vicky88
Jul 4th, 2003, 08:45 PM
Seriously you couldn't have realistically believed for a moment that Rachel was in with a chance to be selected for Fed Cup.

I agree she has played well in the past, but when was the last time she even got thru a round of qualifying at a main event? I think retirement must be just around the corner for Rachel. I would rather see her retire than waste her time playing challengers.

She has been a good player who has done well with her career and it would be a pity if the only memory people retain of her is losing qualifying rounds at challengers. I have a lot of respect for everything she has achieved and wish her well.

broncosven
Jul 4th, 2003, 11:10 PM
I reckon racheal with retire after the aussie open - she usually gets a wildcard for being the best performed in the uncle tobys challengers

i agree that she shouldnt be remebered 4 losing in qualies in challengers but unfortunatly unless she picks up her act thats what she will be remembered for

US open is almost her last chance to get any recognition beofre the aussie season and lets all hope this 'work horse' can find some form and qualify

GO RACHEAL - uve done it before do it again

azza
Jul 29th, 2003, 12:53 AM
Or racheal coul be a dubs player :)