PDA

View Full Version : Jocelyn Rae

*hingis_forever*
Jan 25th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Seeing as she finally got her first WTA point so far this week at Hull I think it's time this immensely talented 15 year old (16 next month) got her own thread. Last week she was knocking on the door of an amazing breakthrough win against Carla Suarez Navarro having a matchpoint in the second set. That showed to me that she is ready to make the big first step onto the tour. Her win yesterday came against Veronica Kapshay in a 63 26 64 tussle. In the next round she faces Russian Ekaterina Dranets. Go Jocelyn! :D

*hingis_forever*
Jan 25th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Jocelyn beat Dranets 64 62 and faces Anastasia Poltoratskaya in the quarters! Go Jocelyn! :D

Monica_Rules
Jan 26th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Yeah Jocelyn.

I've been waiting a while for these results, she much better than her junior ranking and results, She's defo someone to watch out for in the future.

*hingis_forever*
Jan 26th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Jocelyn lost in the quarters to Anastasia Poltoratskaya 64 64. :sad: That was a tough match but still a great step forward and if she continues to play challengers regularly throughout the year I could see her being in or near the top 500! Go Jocelyn! :D

Monica_Rules
Jan 27th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Shame that she lost but the first step on what i think will be a great career. :)

Morgan Z
Jan 29th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Seems very promising! :D Best of luck to her in South America.

Monica_Rules
Jan 29th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Shes going to south America?

Morgan Z
Jan 29th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Yep. She'll play the ITFs on clay.

http://www.cosat.org/main/index.php?i=torneo.lista&id=99&c=3

http://www.cosat.org/main/index.php?i=torneo.lista&id=102&c=3

The other lists aren't out.

Can anyone please describe her style?

Monica_Rules
Jan 29th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Looks like theres a gang of the going down there. Jocelyn, Amanda Elliott, Naomi Broady and Caitlin Steel.

Every year there seems to be a gang of brits playing these south american events.

Last year led by Michalea Ince, the year before Stoop and Laura Peterzan.

Morgan Z
Jan 30th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Yes, the LTA organises trips every year.

*hingis_forever*
Feb 7th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Jocelyn and some more of our girls are playing the South American junior tour the next couple of weeks. The first one is the Conder de Plata grade 2 in La Paz, Bolivia. Jocelyn was handed the dificult task of facing the #1 seeded, 16 ranked Maria Fernanda Alvarez-Teran in the first round. Jocelyn won 46 76 60 to face Elena Bogdan! Great win for Jocelyn! :D

Monica_Rules
Feb 7th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Great win for Jocelyn, shes certainly started 2007 well showing the talent we all knew she had. Hoping to see her inside the top 100 in juniors by wimbledon, but she could achieve it on this tour.

*hingis_forever*
Feb 27th, 2007, 02:39 AM
Jocelyn won her first round at the Uruguay Bowl Grade 2 event over Alexandrina Naydenova 62 75. She'll play either Kurumi Nara or Adeline Goncalves in the next round for a spot in the quarters. She lost to Nara a couple weeks ago so it will be tough but Joce is capable of anything IMO! :D