PDA

View Full Version : Ana and Taylor part company

azdaja
Jan 25th, 2007, 02:54 PM
http://www.anaivanovic.com/?path=start/news&detailpage=608

Ana and Taylor part company
January 25, 2007

Ana has ended coach David Taylor’s contract with immediate effect.

“The relationship between player and a travelling coach is very unusual," said Ana. "You spend so much time together on the court and off it, so it is really important that you get on well.

“On the court I was making some improvements but off the court we weren’t getting on so well. It became a difficult working environment for everyone, and not one that was going to bring me success. I decided that it was best if we stopped working together. I would like to wish David all the best.”

David said: “Ana has worked very hard during our seven months together and her recent inclusion into the top 15 for the first time is very encouraging for her future. I have enjoyed our time on court together very much and wish her and her team a very successful future.”

Ana will continue to work with strength and conditioning coach Scott Byrnes and will begin her search for a new coach shortly.

Langers
Jan 25th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Oh my, I am speechless. I just cannot believe this. :speakles:

Something serious must have happened, as in an argument. Prior to her 1st Round match at the Australian Open they had a little feature story on Ana (on Channel 7) and during it they interviewed Taylor. He seemed very relaxed and gave no hints that things weren’t working. While I was in attendance in her 2nd Round match there appeared to be nothing out of the ordinary. Ana looked up at David on a few occasions and he gave her encouragement. All I can say is they must of have a falling out after her shocking loss to Zvonareva for it to have come to this.

Very sad news for her development.

Freakan
Jan 25th, 2007, 03:32 PM
good decision :yeah:

aussie_fan
Jan 25th, 2007, 03:33 PM
I did see a little of bit of tension between Ana and David during traing on the first wedensday when i was there, i didn't take much notice of it as they shook hands happily after but i don't think it was that. I guess it would be something from that Vera loss i assume.

Langers
Jan 25th, 2007, 03:39 PM
good decision :yeah:
Why would you say that?

Make no mistake; David Taylor is a great coach. He could have done wonders for Ana’s game if she just persisted with him. Obviously things weren’t great between them as she said it, “became a difficult working environment”. I just don’t know how it got to that. I’m thinking things were alright before the AO began, however during the tournament Taylor obviously was frustrated with her play and things got out of hand.

azdaja
Jan 25th, 2007, 03:43 PM
i won't speculate about what happened. taylor is good, but he is not the only good coach in the world and hopefully ana will find another one soon.

i'm not sure how good this is for her, but we will see what next few months will bring.

Dexter
Jan 25th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Hmmm... I didn't see it coming. I thought that David might be exactly the man who brings the best out of Ana. I'm kind of disappointed but I don't doubt that it's not done on a whim. Any idea who will work Ana with next?

Freakan
Jan 25th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Why would you say that?

That's only my opinion :)

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jan 25th, 2007, 06:56 PM
I'm surprized and I would say that it's a bad thing cause David is a good coach. But if Ana feels better with another coach then I support her in that of course. Hopefully she will find the right one and that she can show the Montreal level again (and better)!

Tenis Srbija
Jan 25th, 2007, 07:15 PM
So that was that... It lasted long :rolleyes:
Now Ana get someone 100 percent serious, who can work hard with you! Someone like Eric Van Harpen. He is asshole, but he knows how to make you constitant!

AJDE ANA :bounce:

lilimi
Jan 25th, 2007, 09:35 PM
i'm surprised by this decision. i can't help thinking david wanted ana to work more on her fitness...maybe too much for her...with taylor, in 4 months she became perfect physically, but on this beginning of season she's a bit slow...but that's maybe a consequence of their relationships problems. anyways, i hope she'll find a good coach!

Fidello
Jan 25th, 2007, 11:02 PM
I don't think that the problem is wrong coach. Therefore, I doubt that anything would change with someone new in Ana's team.

ezekiel
Jan 25th, 2007, 11:56 PM
changes are necessary for her but I can't say if this is the right one. Obviously she is going nowhere now . i don't know why some say she is in good shape when I saw her recently she was a bit chunky and was often wrong footed on basic plays and her level has fallen again. Basically she needs to get in better shape and get a better serve whether no matter the coach and then we'll see

G~Playa
Jan 26th, 2007, 02:07 AM
Aww.. I Thought They Would Go Alright.. Ah Well Move On Fools..

Langers
Jan 26th, 2007, 03:10 AM
So that was that... It lasted long :rolleyes:
Now Ana get someone 100 percent serious, who can work hard with you!
You don't think David was 100% serious?

Langers
Jan 26th, 2007, 04:18 AM
Ana says that they were not getting on off the court. Although she isn’t going to come out and criticize David in any of her diary entries, there was never anything to suggest they weren’t getting on.

For example on Christmas Day Ana had lunch with her mum, her fitness coach Scott, as well as David and his family. This was only a month ago and to have lunch with your coach and his family on Christmas Day implies that they were getting on.

The only thing I can think of is that they had an argument after her loss to Vera and David obviously isn’t exactly pleased with her process.

Dexter
Jan 26th, 2007, 04:42 AM
If they had an argument after 3r loss after they split, that's prettty low IMO. David should have had few harsh words on that performance b/c it was pathetic display from Ana and we all saw it. Maybe Ana barked something back unnecessarily... I don't know :(

aussie12
Jan 26th, 2007, 06:33 AM
its seem very odd, as you have all said they have seem to be getting on well and ana always speaks highly of him in the diary entries. i would agree that it seems to of happened after or maybe before her 3rd round match (hence the erratic display)

Ana&Jelena Fan
Jan 26th, 2007, 07:48 AM
She needed some changes, but she changed so many coaches so... We`ll see, anyway, good luck in Tokyo.

Tenis Srbija
Jan 26th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Oh people! It's so obvious that "off-court problems" aren't the reason of spliting up!!! With that statement Ana just "preserved" David's reputation in tennis world, even though it didn't do the trick, cause no one is fouled by that "off-court..."!

You don't think David was 100% serious?
Yes he is, but I said that she has to find someone again 100 percent serious. But someone with hard hand, which David actually didn't have... New coach should be a person like Eric van Harpen, but someone that isn't as rude as Dutchman! Someone who will say to Ana - No more photoshoots! No more going around the city restaurants...Work, work, work!!! :)

Tenis Srbija
Jan 26th, 2007, 08:00 AM
She needed some changes, but she changed so many coaches so... We`ll see, anyway, good luck in Tokyo.

She isn't changing hers coaches... She can just suggest, her manager company can change them :)

Just Do It
Jan 26th, 2007, 08:54 AM
I think this is good decision !

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 27th, 2007, 04:00 AM
Right now not good time for me to saying anything constructive coz I've had half a bottle of wine (Maria!!!! :ras: :fiery: ) but Ana, spill the beans!!!

OZTENNIS
Jan 27th, 2007, 07:05 AM
GOOD!

David come back to australia and work with our own players please!

Good luck to Ana and her new coach...

rada
Jan 30th, 2007, 04:20 AM
She did the right thing ;)