PDA

View Full Version : Nicole's Schedule

Pages : [1] 2 3

mboyle
Jan 23rd, 2007, 05:56 PM
Hey guys! I can't find Nicole on any entry list or early committment list between now and Indian Wells...is she seriously going to take a month and a half off?:eek:

Neptune
Jan 23rd, 2007, 05:59 PM
She will play in Paris,the open gaz de France and then Indians wells,Miami and Charleston,that's all we know.

Sexysova
Jan 23rd, 2007, 06:17 PM
yes :) you can check my site :) but I think a lot of information are here :) yes. Nicole will play OPEN GAZ DE FRANCE in PARIS, then IW and MIAMI(USA) and finally CHARLESTON(USA - start of clay season) :)

nouf
Jan 23rd, 2007, 06:42 PM
i will be to paris! warning nicole nouf is coming! :-)

Princeza
Jan 23rd, 2007, 07:10 PM
she'd better be there when ill go or ill kick her ass

Derek.
Jan 24th, 2007, 03:20 AM
I hope I get to see her in Miami! :yippee:

Sharapova's_Boy
Jan 24th, 2007, 05:17 AM
It's important for Nikki to play IW and Miami, since this is the most important time of the year for her to pick up points, since she didn't play these last year.

Sexysova
Jan 24th, 2007, 10:08 AM
yes she can get many pts :)

louisa2k2
Jan 25th, 2007, 05:27 AM
Ive been lucky to see Nicole play a lot here in aus :). But wen i go back to england later this year, i will have to travel a bit further to see her.

Vaidisova
Jan 25th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Top 8 seeds as of 1/25 entry list for Indian Wells

Sharapova, Petrova, Hingis, Dementieva, Safina, Vaidisova, Chakvetadze, Ivanovic.

Sharapova's_Boy
Jan 26th, 2007, 03:00 AM
Hmm, hopefully by then Dementieva would've fallen below Nikki so she can get that #4 seed.

Neptune
Jan 26th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Interesting draw for Nicole.And I would love to see her play Maria.

Sexysova
Jan 26th, 2007, 01:01 PM
great seeded, she will be 5 :) because she will be better than Safina maybe after OPEN GAZ DE FRANCE than DEMENTIEVA because Elena must defend title in TOKYO :)

Vaidisova
Jan 28th, 2007, 06:44 AM
I hope Nicole plays a grass warm up this year. She should have played one last year but withdrew after run at RG.

Sexysova
Jan 28th, 2007, 07:06 AM
yes she should play minimally at Eastbourne :) I think she should play some tour on grass because of Wimbledon :)

Sharapova's_Boy
Jan 28th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Yeah, she should definitly play either Eastbourne or s'Hertogenbosch.

She needs more matches on grass, she doesn't exactly play awesome on it.

Derek.
Jan 28th, 2007, 02:43 PM
She needs more matches on grass, she doesn't exactly play awesome on it.

For sure. :tape:

Derek.
Feb 9th, 2007, 06:05 PM
I really hope she enters Dubai and/or Doha. :unsure:

Sexysova
Feb 24th, 2007, 08:34 AM
ok I post it here now :) I know from Nicole's manager that Nicole will play IW, Miami, Charleston, Berlin and Rome and RG and maybe then Wimbledon(so maybe Nicole won't play any grass tour :( )

Vaidisova
Mar 8th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Apparently 8 out of top 10 will play (committed) Berlin. So it will be another tournament with a tough field (unless there are withdrawals).

Sexysova
Mar 9th, 2007, 03:58 AM
Wow! :)

Svet
Mar 9th, 2007, 09:20 AM
ok I post it here now :) I know from Nicole's manager that Nicole will play IW, Miami, Charleston, Berlin and Rome and RG and maybe then Wimbledon(so maybe Nicole won't play any grass tour :( )

She is not going to play Istanbul or Strasbourg?

Lunaris
Mar 9th, 2007, 10:21 AM
For sure. :tape:
Sorry for reply to such an old post, but I haven't noticed it by now.

Nicole on grass can't be compared to Nicole on hard or clay. On grass she struggles mainly with her movement and ain't able to control rallies like on other surfaces (my opinion is based on what I saw last year). She needs more experience with playing on grass therefore I agree she should play at one Wimby warm-up tournament be it Birmingham or Eastbourne.

Vaidisova
Mar 10th, 2007, 04:05 AM
yeah she needs more matches on grass, so if she skips a warm up before Wimbledon then it will be a bad decision...

I'm glad she is playing Berlin and Rome before RG. She'll also have Charleston so that's 3 Tier I clay tournaments before RG (plus Fed Cup will be on clay too).

Nicole needs to reach a final soon though. Her last final was Strasbourg. :( Of course she has been close in many tournaments. Since her upcoming tournaments are all Tier I if she manages a final then it will be a nice achievement because it'd be her first.:)

Sexysova
Mar 10th, 2007, 05:54 AM
yes I agree with you, she should play minimally Eastbourne which is TIER II I think so good tour before W :)

Vaidisova
Mar 20th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Nicole is not on the entry list for Warsaw (Tier II) which is no surprise since it has been said that she will be playing Berlin and Rome.

Nicole will have 3 Tier I clay tournaments and Fed Cup before Roland Garros.

Sharapower8
Mar 20th, 2007, 09:04 PM
does anybody know if Nikki is playing Berlin or Praha?
(I wish she'll play Praha)

Vaidisova
Mar 20th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Charleston
Fed Cup
Berlin
Rome
Roland Garros

Sexysova
Mar 21st, 2007, 05:03 AM
exactly! :)

Sharapower8
Mar 22nd, 2007, 12:18 PM
:sad:

Vaidisova
Mar 27th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Berlin top entries:

1. Justine
2. Sveta
3. Amelie
4. Martina
5. Nadia
6. Nicole
7. Jelena
8. Elena D
+ Serena

Sharapower8
Mar 28th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Tough Schedule

Mailin
Mar 28th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Yeah, a nice field. I am excited since I am going! :bounce:

Vaidisova
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:14 AM
Rome early entries announced:
- Sharapova
- Mauresmo
- S. Williams
- Hingis
- Vaidisova
- Safina
- Dementieva

full entry list soon but nice field so far.

Sharapower8
Apr 3rd, 2007, 08:36 AM
Serena......:(

Sexysova
Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:02 AM
Rome early entries announced:
- Sharapova
- Mauresmo
- S. Williams
- Hingis
- Vaidisova
- Safina
- Dementieva

full entry list soon but nice field so far.

looks pretty well :)

Aravanecaravan
Apr 3rd, 2007, 01:56 PM
Yeah, a nice field. I am excited since I am going! :bounce:

I hope you have fun!

:wavey:

Vaidisova
Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:30 PM
Rome full entry list out, top 8 entries:

1. Maria
2. Amelie
3. Sveta
4. Martina
5. Nadia
6. Nicole
7. Jelena
8. Anna

28 of top 30 playing!

Sexysova
Apr 4th, 2007, 04:01 AM
COME ON NIKKI!! :) maybe Nicole will skip Petrova in ranking :)

Mailin
Apr 8th, 2007, 03:28 PM
I hope you have fun!

:wavey:

Thanks. I am sure I will have fun :) :devil:

Vaidisova
Apr 19th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Roland Garros entries announced today -

1 Justine HENIN (BEL)
2 Maria SHARAPOVA (RUS)
3 Amélie MAURESMO (FRA)
4 Svetlana KUZNETSOVA (RUS)
5 Martina HINGIS (SUI)
6 Jelena JANKOVIC (SRB)
7 Nicole VAIDISOVA (CZE)
8 Nadia PETROVA (RUS)

Now let's see if Nicole can get a top 8 seeding.

Sexysova
Apr 19th, 2007, 04:39 AM
I hope that yes :) she doesn't have to defend pts, only 25pts from Rome I think but she will defend it and red clay tour should be great part of season... we will see how she will do in FED CUP, she said in interview that she has great form :)

Sharapower8
Apr 19th, 2007, 05:28 AM
I can't wait 'till RG !!! I'm so excited :bounce: :bounce:
Thx for the entries

Tennace
May 12th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Anyone know Nicole's schedule after Wimbledon?

Sexysova
May 13th, 2007, 05:14 AM
no, it isn't sure yet...

Vaidisova
May 25th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Nicole will play Eastbourne Tier II

Sexysova
May 26th, 2007, 04:53 AM
Nicole will play Eastbourne Tier II

really? :D :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Vaidisova
May 26th, 2007, 04:57 AM
TBE posted the info here http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=10811121&postcount=36

Sexysova
May 26th, 2007, 05:06 AM
TBE posted the info here http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=10811121&postcount=36

it's great to see it :) I think it's right decision because Nicole needs more experience and matches on grass... she isn't too skilful on grass I think... now she can have great preparation before Wimby :) I hope she will play it because it begins very close since Fed Cup so... Nicole has to pass two exams at school... I hope she will play it :) but I think she should if she entered ;)

Sharapova's_Boy
May 26th, 2007, 05:45 AM
Thank god Nikki is playing a lead-up event. :bowdown:

Vaidisova Ruled
May 26th, 2007, 12:21 PM
cool !

Neptune
May 26th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the info :)

Nicole has finally decided to play more on grass.

Sharapower8
May 26th, 2007, 02:51 PM
It should be great for Wimbly :)

hurricanejeanne
May 26th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Excellent news that she's playing Eastbourne!
Nicole could really do well on grass, but she certainly needs more practice/matches on it. Hopefully she does well there and at Wimbledon. :D

Vaidisova
Jun 7th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Nicole is scheduled to play JPMorgan Chase Open Tier II in Los Angeles beginning August 6th.

Maria Sharapova, the 2006 U.S. Open champion and the current No. 2 ranked player in the world and Serena Williams, the 2007 Australian Open champion and current No. 8 ranked player lead the list of elite players entered to participate in southern California's most prestigious summer tennis tradition, the 2007 Los Angeles Ultimate Tennis Celebration presented by Herbalife on the hard courts of The Home Depot Center on the campus of California State University, Dominguez Hills in Carson.

Joining Sharapova and Serena Williams in the 56 player field will be Nicole Vaidisova and Dinara Safina (currently ranked 10th and 11th in the world) and Nadia Petrova (ranked #12).

http://www.ultimatetenniscelebratiogn.com/press_060507.shtml

Sexysova
Jun 7th, 2007, 10:36 PM
it's great she can earn many new pts from this TIER II event ;)

Sexysova
Jun 7th, 2007, 10:39 PM
it's really tough schedule for Nicole: Stanfor, next week San Diego, next week LA, next week Rogers Cup then probably one week off before US OPEN... what do you think? I think she will play Stanford, San Diego and Montreal for sure and if she entered LA as it was written... so one month full of Nicole... it's great ;) but I hope she won't be tired for US OPEN... but she shouldn't if she will have WEEK OFF!! I think she won't play New Heaven :)

Vaidisova
Jun 7th, 2007, 11:04 PM
I'm not sure if she will play 4 weeks in a row since she has commented before about being smart with scheduling and her health.

But Nicole hasn't played that much this year (missing out to injury, etc) so perhaps she will play a lot this summer. I guess we'll see when news comes of commitments to other tournaments...

Nicole's schedule may look like this for the summer:

June 18 - Eastbourne (Tier II)
June 25 - Wimbledon (Grand Slam)
July 14 - Fed Cup (vs. Spain)
July 23 - Stanford (Tier II)
July 30 - San Diego (Tier I)
Aug 06 - Los Angeles (Tier II)
Aug 13 - Toronto (Tier I)
Aug 27 - US Open (Grand Slam)

Sexysova
Jun 7th, 2007, 11:14 PM
I'm not sure if she will play 4 weeks in a row since she has commented before about being smart with scheduling and her health.

But Nicole hasn't played that much this year (missing out to injury, etc) so perhaps she will play a lot this summer. I guess we'll see when news comes of commitments to other tournaments...

so we have the same opinion with her schedule... I hope Nicole will play this schedule :) if she won't... I'm sure she will play Stanford, San Diego, Toronto and USO or San Diego, LA, Toronto and USO... if she will play only three events before USO in America - I'm sure she won't play Stanford or LA... :)

Vaidisova Ruled
Jun 9th, 2007, 09:15 AM
it's really tough schedule for Nicole: Stanfor, next week San Diego, next week LA, next week Rogers Cup then probably one week off before US OPEN... what do you think? I think she will play Stanford, San Diego and Montreal for sure and if she entered LA as it was written... so one month full of Nicole... it's great ;) but I hope she won't be tired for US OPEN... but she shouldn't if she will have WEEK OFF!! I think she won't play New Heaven :)

Well it is perfect for us
I think that Nicole needs lots of match. We can't really compare those 2 girls but maybe it's like Jankovic: maybe if she will play more matches, she will improve fastly because training isn't that good

Neptune
Jun 9th, 2007, 09:45 AM
She won't play 4 weeks in a row before the Us Open.She should play Stanford, the field is always weak and she could have a good chance.IMO, Nicole doesn't need to play a lot.She needs to win a key match to find the confidence she lost.It could be anything....

hurricanejeanne
Jun 10th, 2007, 10:30 PM

Interesting schedule.
I think that she may very well play something similar to that but I can't see here playing both of the tier 1s. She'll either play the California Trifecta (Stanford, San Diego, LA) or she'll skip San Diego and play Toronto. It really depends on how her body holds up. But she should play at least one of the tier 2s, LA or Stanford, better shot at a final or even a title (which I think she needs right now, since it's been over a year since she won her last title.)

But I'm so ready for the summer hardcourts, it's my favorite time of the year. :D

Sexysova
Jun 11th, 2007, 03:48 AM
Interesting schedule.
I think that she may very well play something similar to that but I can't see here playing both of the tier 1s. She'll either play the California Trifecta (Stanford, San Diego, LA) or she'll skip San Diego and play Toronto. It really depends on how her body holds up. But she should play at least one of the tier 2s, LA or Stanford, better shot at a final or even a title (which I think she needs right now, since it's been over a year since she won her last title.)

But I'm so ready for the summer hardcourts, it's my favorite time of the year. :D

On the contrary I think she will play both TIER I tours and one TIER II :)

Derek.
Jun 11th, 2007, 03:54 AM
To be honest, I hope she plays a lot. :shrug:

I mean not like to where she's not getting any rest, but if she wants to make YEC she will have to play more than 7 tournaments per 5 months.

Spiritof42
Jun 11th, 2007, 07:15 AM
I really hope she'll play Toronto, because I'm going to be there! :bounce: She was at the Rogers Cup in 2005 and 2006 (though last year she retired after her 1st match), so hopefully she should be back again in 2007.

Sharapower8
Jun 11th, 2007, 09:29 AM
I really hope she'll play Toronto, because I'm going to be there! :bounce: She was at the Rogers Cup in 2005 and 2006 (though last year she retired after her 1st match), so hopefully she should be back again in 2007.

I hope you could see her then ! ;)

Neptune
Jun 12th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Sincerely, I hope she won't play 4 weeks in a row, it'll be too much.She never managed to do that last year.3 tournaments would be enough for her body

I hope you'll see her Spiritof :yeah:

Vaidisova
Jun 12th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Nicole isn't on the entry list for Stanford even though she reached the semis last year.

I guess she will play San Diego, LA, Toronto before US Open then.

Sexysova
Jun 13th, 2007, 03:48 AM
Nicole isn't on the entry list for Stanford even though she reached the semis last year.

yep.. or she will entry later to play Stanford but now logical is to play San Diego, LA and Toronto if she entered to LA as you said ;)

Sharapova's_Boy
Jun 13th, 2007, 04:15 AM
Pff, I would've like to have seen her play Stanford, especially after seeing Ivanovic, Serena and Chakvetadze are the only real big names playing. :o

Spiritof42
Jun 13th, 2007, 05:10 AM

I'd rather see her skip LA than Stanford. I hope she won't pull out of Toronto at the last minute if she does well at the previous 2 tournaments, like Sharapova did last year :fiery:.

Vaidisova
Jun 19th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Nicole on San Diego entry list. She is scheduled for two tournaments so far:

July 30 >> San Diego
Aug 06 >> Los Angeles

Sexysova
Jun 20th, 2007, 03:50 AM
Nicole on San Diego entry list. She is scheduled for two tournaments so far:

July 30 >> San Diego
Aug 06 >> Los Angeles

yep :) and I'm sure she won't skip Rogers Cup :)

Sharapova's_Boy
Jun 20th, 2007, 02:01 PM
I really wish she'd play Stanford seeing as though Ivanovic just withdrew form it.

It's going to be the weakest Tier II of the year easily.

Vaidisova
Jun 23rd, 2007, 02:11 AM
I wonder what Nicole's schedule will be for the fall.

After San Diego - her only big result from last year is the Moscow SF (over 100 points):

Montreal: R16
US Open: R32
Beijing: R16
Moscow: SF
Zurich: R32
Linz: SF

I'd like to see her play Beijing, Stuttgart, Moscow, Zürich, and maybe one more tournament after the US Open.

Sexysova
Jun 23rd, 2007, 05:09 AM
I wonder what Nicole's schedule will be for the fall.

After San Diego - her only big result from last year is the Moscow SF (over 100 points):

Montreal: R16
US Open: R32
Beijing: R16
Moscow: SF
Zurich: R32
Linz: SF

I'd like to see her play Beijing, Stuttgart, Moscow, Zürich, and maybe one more tournament after the US Open.

I think she will play same schedule as last year maybe + Stuttgart or Luxembourg :)

nOOb
Jun 25th, 2007, 05:38 PM
I think she will play same schedule as last year maybe + Stuttgart or Luxembourg :)

luxembourg i hope.. i live really not far away.. planing to abuse that tournament:lick:

Derek.
Jun 25th, 2007, 06:16 PM
luxembourg i hope.. i live really not far away.. planing to abuse that tournament:lick:

:scared:

Sexysova
Jun 25th, 2007, 08:17 PM

:confused: :confused: :confused: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nOOb
Jun 26th, 2007, 12:08 PM

huh?!?!?!:fiery:

Sexysova
Jun 30th, 2007, 08:51 PM
so Nicole will play San Diego and Los Angeles :)

Vaidisova
Jul 3rd, 2007, 07:25 PM
Nicole on Toronto entry list
http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=11121375&postcount=6

hurricanejeanne
Jul 3rd, 2007, 07:58 PM
Sounds like a pretty good schedule to me. She should do well this summer, or at least I hope she will. :)

Sexysova
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:09 PM

it's fantastic that she'll play three events in three weeks than on week break and the she will win US OPEN title :devil: :devil: :devil:

Spiritof42
Jul 4th, 2007, 02:24 PM
:banana:

Sharapova's_Boy
Jul 10th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Nice looking schedule.

Still cut that she won't play Stanford. It's sooooooo weak. :sobbing:

tobi
Jul 17th, 2007, 01:40 AM
She withdrew from both San Diego and Los Angeles.

Derek.
Jul 17th, 2007, 01:58 AM
:(

hurricanejeanne
Jul 17th, 2007, 02:02 AM

I wonder if she'll get well enough in order to play the US Open...:unsure:

Rod the Bama
Jul 17th, 2007, 03:06 AM
I`ve just heard about the withdrawals. Nikki really must be pretty ill. :sad: I really hope she gets well soon.

Sexysova
Jul 17th, 2007, 06:51 AM
She withdrew from both San Diego and Los Angeles.

yep I know, Nicole said in interview which was posted on my site, but she said she should catch up Toronto :)

Michael_21
Jul 17th, 2007, 04:46 PM
dam this sucks nicole out again shes not having any luck this year she could be so much higher up in the rankings if it wernt for her injuries and getting ill its almost like shes only played the slames this year :( anyway get well soon nicole :(

Tennace
Jul 18th, 2007, 05:51 PM

She is so close behindChakvetadze for the 8th spot

Too bad Dani and Anna are barely in front of her, they play every week and will be getting a lot of points :unsure:

Sharapova's_Boy
Jul 19th, 2007, 07:43 AM
:crying2:

I hope Nikki's alright for Toronto and the US Open.

It really makes her Quarter Final runs at the French and Wimbledon even more impressive, considering she's barely played at all since Miami.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jul 19th, 2007, 09:46 AM
It really makes her Quarter Final runs at the French and Wimbledon even more impressive, considering she's barely played at all since Miami.
But Nicole could have reached SF at Wimbledon... Those match points...

Sharapower8
Jul 19th, 2007, 09:58 AM

Yes but the fact is that she didn't reach it :rolleyes: :tears:

Sharapova's_Boy
Jul 19th, 2007, 11:34 AM

I know, but it's useless to play the woulda coulda shoulda game.

She had match points to reach the Semi Finals. :shrug: If someone had told me before Wimbledon that Nikki would oust Mauresmo and make the QF's, I'd have laughed.

Sharapova's_Boy
Jul 19th, 2007, 11:36 AM

How could I have missed this.

:unsure:

:retard:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jul 20th, 2007, 07:35 AM
I know, but it's useless to play the woulda coulda shoulda game.
I agree. Actually I wasn't disappointed, but I just felt for Nicole (and it would have been great if we could see Nicole play Venus on grass..).

She had match points to reach the Semi Finals. :shrug: If someone had told me before Wimbledon that Nikki would oust Mauresmo and make the QF's, I'd have laughed.
Nicole already beat Mauresmo to reach QF at the 2006 French Open (and also beat Mauresmo at Moscow last year), so obviously Nicole knows how to handle her.

Derek.
Jul 20th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Nicole could have achieved a lot more already if she was more stable in the head game.

Hopefully she gets better at it.

3 MPs at Wimbledon and being 2 pts away from the RG final last year has to hut.

Sharapova's_Boy
Jul 21st, 2007, 05:34 AM
I agree. Actually I wasn't disappointed, but I just felt for Nicole (and it would have been great if we could see Nicole play Venus on grass..).

Nicole already beat Mauresmo to reach QF at the 2006 French Open (and also beat Mauresmo at Moscow last year), so obviously Nicole knows how to handle her.

I know. I think Nicole's game matches up very well to Venus'. They would have had a very interesting SF if Nikki hadn't of choked.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious Nikki has the wood over Mauresmo. But still making the Quarters after her horrible loss to Henin at Eastbourne impressed me.

Sharapova's_Boy
Jul 21st, 2007, 05:36 AM
Nicole could have achieved a lot more already if she was more stable in the head game.

Hopefully she gets better at it.

3 MPs at Wimbledon and being 2 pts away from the RG final last year has to hut.

:sobbing:

Spiritof42
Jul 21st, 2007, 10:18 AM
yep I know, Nicole said in interview which was posted on my site, but she said she should catch up Toronto :)
Still a glimmer of hope, then (keeping fingers crossed).

Neptune
Jul 22nd, 2007, 01:22 PM
Nicole is sheduled to play Stuttgart in September/October (29.9/7.10), a tier 2 tournament.This is, for the moment, her only tournament after the Us Open.

hurricanejeanne
Jul 22nd, 2007, 04:31 PM
Nicole is sheduled to play Stuttgart in September/October (29.9/7.10), a tier 2 tournament.This is, for the moment, her only tournament after the Us Open.

Stuttgart is a very good tournament for Nicole. Hopefully she does well here.

I'm sure the rest of her fall schedule will come soon. :)

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jul 23rd, 2007, 09:05 AM
3 MPs at Wimbledon and being 2 pts away from the RG final last year has to hurt.
I already forgot about the 2006 French Open SF match... Now I remeber it.

Neptune
Jul 24th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Stuttgart is a very good tournament for Nicole. Hopefully she does well here.

I'm sure the rest of her fall schedule will come soon. :)

Yes ;) and I bet Nicole won't play in Asia with her illness, she won't travel a lot for the rest of the season.I think she'll mainly play in Europe and in the Usa.Toronto, the Us Open and 2 or 3 tournaments during the Indoor season.We'll see!

Sexysova
Jul 24th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Yes ;) and I bet Nicole won't play in Asia with her illness, she won't travel a lot for the rest of the season.I think she'll mainly play in Europe and in the Usa.Toronto, the Us Open and 2 or 3 tournaments during the Indoor season.We'll see!

Nicole won't play Beijing :sobbing: ? and Moscow, Zurich and Linz?

Sexysova
Aug 2nd, 2007, 12:26 PM
does anybody know which tours will Nicole play after USO? :)

Tennace
Aug 2nd, 2007, 02:44 PM
Hopefully she plays a lot after the USO so she can get into the YEC. She is so close this season to making it.

Michael_21
Aug 2nd, 2007, 02:58 PM
Hopefully she plays a lot after the USO so she can get into the YEC. She is so close this season to making it.

i agree that would be really good to see Nikki get in to the YEC :bounce: :D

Tennace
Aug 5th, 2007, 10:23 PM
If I could choose Nicole's schedule for the rest of the year, I would choose this.

Montreal
New Haven
US Open
Luxembourg
Moscow
Zurich
Linz

This would give her enough points from playing 3 Tier 1s a slam and 2 Tier 2s. Plus after playing 4 weeks in a row from Montreal through USO, she would then have 2 weeks off, then Luxembourg, another week off, then the final 3 weeks, and if she makes the YEC 1 week off before it. I hope she plays something like this, because she could handle it and it would help a lot.

hurricanejeanne
Aug 6th, 2007, 12:26 AM
It would awesome to see Nicole at the YEC. I hope she has a stellar end of the season run. I'm looking forward to her return to the courts. :D

Sexysova
Aug 6th, 2007, 07:45 AM
I'm looking forward for Nicole's return too but I don't expect great results, I hope she will play as tennis godness but can't expect it! what a pity for Nicole this season with injuries!

I hope she will play Toronto, she needs to try how she feels on court again before USO!

so this is my schedule:

Montreal
US Open
Beijing
maybe Luxembourg but she plays at Stuttgart don't understand to it!
then of course Moscow, Zurich so she probably won't play at Linz if she plays Stuttgart because it's three weeks in a row maybe she will play four weeks in a row lol! or she won't play Zurich where she doesn't defend any pts(lost in first round last year)

we'll see.. I hope she will play mainly Montreal, USO, Beijing, Moscow and Zurich... these tours are the most important I think.. or Luxembourg instead of Beijing..

Neptune
Aug 6th, 2007, 11:15 AM
She's sheduled to play Stuttgart.Then, she could play Moscow and Zurich.I don't know if she will be able to play Linz where she has a semi-final to defend (four weeks in a row, it's too tough).I would love to see her in Madrid, it looks difficult but she still have a chance.

Sexysova
Aug 6th, 2007, 11:27 AM
She's sheduled to play Stuttgart.Then, she could play Moscow and Zurich.I don't know if she will be able to play Linz where she has a semi-final to defend (four weeks in a row, it's too tough).I would love to see her in Madrid, it looks difficult but she still have a chance.

I agree as I said :) btw will she play China Open? then her schedule would be perfect I think...

Vaidisova
Aug 8th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Nicole withdrew from Toronto
http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=11378264&postcount=190

Sexysova
Aug 8th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Nicole withdrew from Toronto
http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=11378264&postcount=190

is it sure? :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

but I'm so happy you're here again, Jay :wavey:

Sharapower8
Aug 8th, 2007, 05:15 PM
This cannot be happening ! :o :sad: :sobbing: :crying2: :hysteric:

Welcome back Jay =)

Tennace
Aug 8th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Anyone know why?

Neptune
Aug 8th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I guess she doesn't feel herself 100% ready.Too bad she can't play.

Sexysova
Aug 8th, 2007, 06:53 PM
but it isn't official...

Sharapower8
Aug 8th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Let's hope :o

hurricanejeanne
Aug 8th, 2007, 09:27 PM
I guess she just isn't ready to return. :sad:

Wow, I hope she can play the US Open. :unsure: :scared:

Lunaris
Aug 9th, 2007, 12:21 AM
but it isn't official...

Let's hope :o
It's from The Boiled Egg who has the entry list and knows the latest updates. It is as official as it can be. To be honest I didn't expect her to play there nor I think it would be wise. US Open is where she'll come back. ;)

Sexysova
Aug 9th, 2007, 04:21 AM
It's from The Boiled Egg who has the entry list and knows the latest updates. It is as official as it can be. To be honest I didn't expect her to play there nor I think it would be wise. US Open is where she'll come back. ;)

yep... now it's official :sad:

but Nicole will play US OPEN for sure :) :bounce:

Sexysova
Aug 9th, 2007, 04:26 AM
but there's a possibility she could play NEW HEAVEN because director of this tour keeps eye on Nicole, JJ etc. if they lose early at Toronto he would offer them to play NEW HEAVEN :D

Derek.
Aug 9th, 2007, 04:48 AM
I really hope she comes back soon. :sad:

Her ranking is down to #16. :sad: Hasn't been this low since early 2006.

I miss her. :awww:

Sexysova
Aug 9th, 2007, 05:11 AM
I really hope she comes back soon. :sad:

I miss her. :awww:

me too :sobbing:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 9th, 2007, 08:34 AM
I don't really worry about her ranking because I strongly believe that Nicole has one of the finest games on tour. If Nicole's healthy, she would get back into the Top 10 soon.

RsaibotD
Aug 9th, 2007, 01:44 PM
I don't really worry about her ranking because I strongly believe that Nicole has one of the finest games on tour. If Nicole's healthy, she would get back into the Top 10 soon.

.............:yeah:....... I miss nikki too:sad: ..............

but there's a possibility she could play NEW HEAVEN because director of this tour keeps eye on Nicole, JJ etc. if they lose early at Toronto he would offer them to play NEW HEAVEN :D

...... I don´t know if this is good idea.... maybe she must return 100% healthy at the US open.....

Sharapower8
Aug 9th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Yeah and I think she'll do the right choice for her

Michael_21
Aug 9th, 2007, 04:54 PM
to bad i was looking forward to nicoles return :( but as long as she play the us open who knows she map still be able to win the us open and then all the points from that will make up for all the tournaments she has missed :D

Vaidisova
Aug 9th, 2007, 06:57 PM
WTA Tour - Vaidisova hopeful on U.S. Open

Eurosport - Thu, 09 Aug 15:39:00 2007

Nicole Vaidisova is still hoping to fit in time for the U.S. Open despite pulling out of next week's WTA Toronto event.

The world number 16 has just recently resumed training after a bad case of glandular fever, and has not played since her strong run to the quarter-finals at Wimbledon.

The Czech teenager's agent, Olivier R. van Lindonk, told eurosport.yahoo.com that Vaidisova is still not feeling 100% but is fighting hard to be ready for Flushing Meadows.

"Nicole is in Bradenton recovering from the strong viral infection she contracted towards the end of Wimbledon," he said.

"She is working very hard with David Hogarth, her physiotherapist, on getting herself back on the Tour.

"Although she is back training she is not 100% recovered and not ready to play in Toronto. She is planning to play in the U.S. Open next."

The 18-year-old reached a career high of seventh in the world earlier this season but her injury problems have seen her slip out of the Top 10 since then.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/09082007/58/wta-tour-vaidisova-hopeful-u-s-open.html

Sexysova
Aug 9th, 2007, 07:22 PM
WTA Tour - Vaidisova hopeful on U.S. Open

Eurosport - Thu, 09 Aug 15:39:00 2007

Nicole Vaidisova is still hoping to fit in time for the U.S. Open despite pulling out of next week's WTA Toronto event.

The world number 16 has just recently resumed training after a bad case of glandular fever, and has not played since her strong run to the quarter-finals at Wimbledon.

The Czech teenager's agent, Olivier R. van Lindonk, told eurosport.yahoo.com that Vaidisova is still not feeling 100% but is fighting hard to be ready for Flushing Meadows.

"Nicole is in Bradenton recovering from the strong viral infection she contracted towards the end of Wimbledon," he said.

"She is working very hard with David Hogarth, her physiotherapist, on getting herself back on the Tour.

"Although she is back training she is not 100% recovered and not ready to play in Toronto. She is planning to play in the U.S. Open next."

The 18-year-old reached a career high of seventh in the world earlier this season but her injury problems have seen her slip out of the Top 10 since then.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/09082007/58/wta-tour-vaidisova-hopeful-u-s-open.html

thx for article :) as I said she will play at USO... her team with leader(Alex Kodat) were 100% sure that she won't miss USO :)

Tennace
Aug 9th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Any chance for New Haven? :shrug:

Tennace
Aug 9th, 2007, 08:18 PM
This long break though is probably helping her recover from her Wimbledon loss. Had she played right away it would have likely been in the back of her mind, but now she has had time to forget about it.

Sexysova
Aug 10th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Any chance for New Haven? :shrug:

I think she won't play it! :sad: I will be really happy if she'll play as at RG.. so quarterfinal at US OPEN after glandular fever would be fantastic result... I will be happy if Nicole'll reach 4th round too.. :drool:

Lunaris
Aug 10th, 2007, 08:05 AM
This long break though is probably helping her recover from her Wimbledon loss. Had she played right away it would have likely been in the back of her mind, but now she has had time to forget about it.
I don't think so. She was pleased with her performance on her worst surface after all.

Neptune
Aug 10th, 2007, 09:36 AM
I don't think she was pleased.Recently, I read an interview where she finally admited that she taken a long long time to recover from her loss in Paris and Melbourne.

Tennace
Aug 10th, 2007, 11:25 PM
I don't think so. She was pleased with her performance on her worst surface after all.

I agree, but most people would have that on that back of their mind when they got close to closing out a match. I think she will be fine though.

Princeza
Aug 12th, 2007, 11:01 AM
I doubt she will play the US open :sobbing:

Sexysova
Aug 12th, 2007, 11:29 AM
I doubt she will play the US open :sobbing:

lol, why not? :lol:

Sharapova's_Boy
Aug 13th, 2007, 08:44 AM
:sad: :sad: :sad:

I really hope she'll be ready for the US Open.

Since Miami, she's played just 4 events. :eek:

°H@wk-€ye
Aug 14th, 2007, 09:18 AM

Just see at wikipedia that: Glandular fever is a form of "Infectious mononucleosis" also known as the "kissing disease" ;)

Get well soon Nicole, hope to see you back for the USO :yeah:
We all miss you :awww:

Aravanecaravan
Aug 14th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Just see at wikipedia that: Glandular fever is a form of "Infectious mononucleosis" also known as the "kissing disease" ;)

Which brings up the really important question--who has she been kissing?

yohaneuano4
Aug 20th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Which brings up the really important question--who has she been kissing?
In an ideal world, Ivanović, trying to console her after the loss. Ana is such a nice person :p

I don't think she'll make the US Open...if she does, it would be awfully convenient for her to have recovered just in time for the GS (ideally she would play a warm up event)...if she's not fully fit then there's no point, an early round loss would only have a debilitating effect

hammerhead
Aug 20th, 2007, 02:03 AM
She was seen kissing Jurgen Melzer at the French. :kiss:

Nedved Rosicky
Aug 20th, 2007, 04:07 AM
She was seen kissing Jurgen Melzer at the French. :kiss:

Kodat should make some rules til the end of the season. :rolleyes:

Sexysova
Aug 20th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Kodat should make some rules til the end of the season. :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nadie
Aug 29th, 2007, 01:57 PM
according to the official tournament site Nicole will play Moscow :banana: :woohoo:

Sexysova
Aug 29th, 2007, 02:36 PM
according to the official tournament site Nicole will play Moscow :banana: :woohoo:

great!!! I was pretty sure she'll play here but though I'm really happy :woohoo:

Lunaris
Aug 29th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Stuttgart as well.

Sexysova
Aug 29th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Stuttgart as well.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Lunaris
Aug 29th, 2007, 08:37 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:
She will play in Stuttgart too. :p

Sexysova
Aug 30th, 2007, 05:47 AM
She will play in Stuttgart too. :p

ok :lol:

Tennace
Sep 2nd, 2007, 02:43 AM
She's in for Moscow :)

Derek.
Sep 3rd, 2007, 10:05 PM
She's not playing until Stuttgart?

What a crap schedule.

She's off for almost two months with illness, comes back for one tournament, and then another month off. :weirdo:

She should play Beijing or Luxembourg. Both are good tournaments to pick up points in.

She'll never get to where she belongs in the rankings with this schedule.

So much for YEC as well.

Tennace
Sep 4th, 2007, 12:17 AM

What a crap schedule.

She's off for almost two months with illness, comes back for one tournament, and then another month off. :weirdo:

She should play Beijing or Luxembourg. Both are good tournaments to pick up points in.

So much for YEC as well.

I agree, I think she should play Beijing, then a week off then Stuttgart-Moscow-Zurich-Linz and then a week off if she makes the YEC.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 4th, 2007, 02:46 AM

What a crap schedule.

She's off for almost two months with illness, comes back for one tournament, and then another month off.
Obviously Nicole needs more time off to fully recover and to try to get a 100% healthy body back. (Nicole was unable to serve many aces at the US Open like she usually did in the past. And also, in her match against Peer, Nicole didn’t approach the net as much as she did playing Ivanovic at Wimbledon, and Nicole also didn’t play with a variety of games in her match against Peer like she did against Ivanovic; which make me come to the conclusion that Nicole hasn’t fully recovered yet.)

But I strongly believe that Nicole will climb back to her career best ranking in the first half of 2008.

Sexysova
Sep 4th, 2007, 09:52 AM
NICOLE has month off because she wants to prepare really well for indoors and also because she wants to train to be 100% in form again.. she said she needs three weeks to get into her top form again :) so I understand her schedule ;)

Michael_21
Sep 4th, 2007, 03:27 PM
i think its a great idea what shes doing i have a feeling its going to be a good end to the season after all the bad luck of the rest of the year :D

hurricanejeanne
Sep 4th, 2007, 09:01 PM
I'd rather her play a smaller tier 2 like Luxembourg in stead of Stuttgart because the field will be a bit weaker and she could pick up some easy points and some confidence.

I just hope she does well in the remaining tournaments that she plays this fall. But it'll would be nice if she could win a title before the season's done, it's been so long.

Derek.
Sep 4th, 2007, 10:14 PM
NICOLE has month off because she wants to prepare really well for indoors and also because she wants to train to be 100% in form again.. she said she needs three weeks to get into her top form again :) so I understand her schedule ;)

Well she better play more than two tournaments for the indoor season or else there wasn't much to prepare for. :o

Sexysova
Sep 5th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Zurich list is out, Nicole will play.

:woohoo:

Lunaris
Sep 5th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Zurich list is out, Nicole will play. :bounce:

she plays more than two tournaments now :lol:
But she isn't on the entry list. :tape:

Sexysova
Sep 5th, 2007, 04:29 PM
But she isn't on the entry list. :tape:

really? :sobbing: so she probably decided to play Linz... :)

Sexysova
Sep 6th, 2007, 05:32 AM
but playing Linz is better than 3 weeks in a row. :)

omg.. are u normal? why do u say this? it isn't sure if Nicole will play Linz.. I think she will but I don't know why you always post bullshit.. then many people don't know if she'll play or not.. :o

Sharapova's_Boy
Sep 6th, 2007, 10:26 AM
I'd prefer Nikki to play Linz over Zurich, seeing as though Linz is always one of the more weaker Tier II's.

And I want her to win a title. Every year she's played on the WTA tour she's always won at least 1 title. :o

Michael_21
Sep 6th, 2007, 05:25 PM
i know that if she plays linz that she has a better chance of winning the tournament because its a tier II but she is capable of doing well in the tier I events and needs 2 play them and even if she doesnt win a tournament it will give her alot more experience playing in a tier I against most of the best players like henin and sharapova williams sisters etc rather than playing in a tier II against 1 mabe 2 high ranked players if your lucky and if she can come away with a win in a tier I imagine the confidence that it will give her compared to winning a tier II

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 7th, 2007, 08:05 AM
I'd prefer Nikki to play Linz over Zurich, seeing as though Linz is always one of the more weaker Tier II's.

And I want her to win a title.

Every year she's played on the WTA tour she's always won at least 1 title. :o
And it's been a long time since Nicole won her title last year.

Regardless, I continue to believe in Nicole totally. Just hope she would make it happen sooner than later!

Derek.
Sep 9th, 2007, 05:59 AM
It indeed does seem like forever ago since Nicole won a title. :sad:

I hope she can make some deep runs in her indoor season. I would love to see her make YEC, but she would have to play a bit more than she usually does and she can't afford to have a bad tournament.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 10th, 2007, 03:02 AM
It indeed does seem like forever ago since Nicole won a title. :sad:

I hope she can make some deep runs in her indoor season.

I would love to see her make YEC
It's unlikely that Nicole would be able to make the YEC this year.

But I expect Nicole to make it in 2008.

Sharapova's_Boy
Sep 10th, 2007, 08:28 AM
I wouldn't count on seeing Nikki in the YEC.

She probably would have made it if she had played the European clay season and the US Open series.

Oh well, there's always 2008.

Michael_21
Sep 10th, 2007, 08:43 AM
i dont think she will make it but if she could win 1 or 2 tournaments and then good results for the rest she may sneek in but i dont think she will but if she stays injury free defenatly in 2008 :D

Sexysova
Sep 10th, 2007, 01:00 PM
of course Nicole won't make it.. she will have to win all tours since USO :)

but if she would have complete 2007 season she could make it for sure.. :sad:

Tennace
Sep 10th, 2007, 08:24 PM
I think it depends on if the Williams sisters are "healthy". I mean who knows, Venus and Serena might both withdraw meaning Nicole only need to finish in the top 10 and she is only 277 points from being in the top 10 :shrug:

squidkid
Sep 11th, 2007, 02:24 AM
Nicole was supposed to make an appearance in Bradenton, FL today, but according to this article (http://www.bradenton.com/sports/story/143131.html), she went to Prague to "get an undisclosed injury checked."

Any more news of this?

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 11th, 2007, 03:52 AM
I think it depends on if the Williams sisters are "healthy". I mean who knows, Venus and Serena might both withdraw meaning Nicole only need to finish in the top 10 and she is only 277 points from being in the top 10 :shrug:
"Venus and Serena might both withdraw" - I don't think so.

Sexysova
Sep 12th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Nicole plays Linz, currently #6 seeded ;)

Vaidisova
Sep 12th, 2007, 06:15 PM
So her schedule for the rest of the year will be

Oct 1 - Stuttgart
Oct 8 - Moscow
Oct 22 - Linz

Sexysova
Sep 12th, 2007, 06:20 PM

Oct 1 - Stuttgart
Oct 8 - Moscow
Oct 22 - Linz

yep.. maybe she should play Zurich instead of Linz but Linz is weeker tour so she has better chance to go further ;)

hurricanejeanne
Sep 13th, 2007, 02:57 AM

Oct 1 - Stuttgart
Oct 8 - Moscow
Oct 22 - Linz

Seems to be a pretty good fall schedule to me. Hopefully, Nicole gets some good draws. It would be nice to end the year with a title though. ;)

Vaidisova
Sep 18th, 2007, 04:25 AM
Nicole withdrew from Stuttgart:shrug:

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=11663544&postcount=85

Lunaris
Sep 18th, 2007, 05:48 AM

What's this?! All my faves are trying to mess up their schedules as much as possible. Daniela entering Luxembourg after playing in Asia two weeks in a row in a desperate attempt to make YEC. :tape: Injury prone Lucie playing 5 tournaments in a row in a desperate attempt to who the hell knows what. :help: And now Nicole withdrawing from Stuttgart and thus playing only two tournaments till the end of the season in a not so desperate attempt to piss me off. :rolleyes: :fiery: Well, hopefully it has nothing to do with her recovery from the mono. :unsure: :(
And to think I was bold enough to call Jankovic's schedule ridiculous on another forum. :o
They're all crazy. :smash:

Sexysova
Sep 18th, 2007, 05:52 AM

:sobbing: why? :sobbing:

Sexysova
Sep 18th, 2007, 05:53 AM
What's this?! All my faves are trying to mess up their schedules as much as possible. Daniela entering Luxembourg after playing in Asia two weeks in a row in a desperate attempt to make YEC. :tape: Injury prone Lucie playing 5 tournaments in a row in a desperate attempt to who the hell knows what. :help: And now Nicole withdrawing from Stuttgart and thus playing only two tournaments till the end of the season in a not so desperate attempt to piss me off. :rolleyes: :fiery: Well, hopefully it has nothing to do with her recovery from the mono. :unsure: :(
And to think I was bold enough to call Jankovic's schedule ridiculous on another forum. :o
They're all crazy. :smash:

I'm so sad for Nicole but you really got me laughed :lol: :lol: :lol:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 18th, 2007, 06:07 AM
Nicole was supposed to make an appearance in Bradenton, FL today, but according to this article (http://www.bradenton.com/sports/story/143131.html), she went to Prague to "get an undisclosed injury checked."
Maybe this is the reason why Nicole withdrew from Stuttgart?

Lunaris
Sep 18th, 2007, 06:38 AM
squidkid posted it 11th September and Stuttgart starts 1st October. If there was any injury in the first place, I doubt it was so serious to prevent her from playing at a tournament which starts almost a month later. And if it was then gods help her.

Sexysova
Sep 18th, 2007, 07:08 AM

yes.. maybe she isn't 100% recovered or she's but she doesn't want to play so quickly again so maybe she will start with Moscow.. I think if she isn't 100% she did it well that she pulled out..

Nadie
Sep 18th, 2007, 08:39 AM
:awww: Nicole :hug:

I hope she'll play Moscow :unsure: :scared:

Vino
Sep 18th, 2007, 11:28 AM
It's a very sad news :sad:

But I hope she will be recovered until Moscow and there she could play her best.

Vaidisova
Sep 18th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Nicole entered in Zurich

Late MDO entry - Vaidisova.

http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=11666050&postcount=49

Sexysova
Sep 18th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Nicole entered in Zurich

Late MDO entry - Vaidisova.

http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=11666050&postcount=49

I pretty expected that :) I think one player will withdraw for sure... what do u think? :) :woohoo:

Lunaris
Sep 18th, 2007, 05:15 PM
I thought she might enter Zurich, but still wonder why she withdrawn from Stuttgart. Mayhap another week to fully recover herself. Whatever, good to see her playing more than 2 tournaments.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 18th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Weird stuff. Nicole pulls out of Stuttgart only to enter Zurich. Well, I hope she plays Zurich and her other two indoor events.

And I hope she's healthy.

Derek.
Sep 18th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Her schedule has been so weird this year. :o
Even outside of her injury and sickness.

Pratically no chance to improve her ranking at all the rest of the year.
She has SF points to defend in both Moscow and Linz.

Oh well, as long as she is healthy.

Vaidisova
Sep 18th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Nicole has entered Quebec City (Tier III)

Chakvetadze,Vaidisova and Golovin are leading players

http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=11666774&postcount=3

So she will play 4 weeks in a row...

Oct 8 - MOSCOW
Oct 15 - ZURICH
Oct 22 - LINZ
Oct 29 - QUEBEC CITY

Sexysova
Sep 19th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Nicole has entered Quebec City (Tier III)

Chakvetadze,Vaidisova and Golovin are leading players

http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=11666774&postcount=3

So she will play 4 weeks in a row...

Oct 8 - MOSCOW
Oct 15 - ZURICH
Oct 22 - LINZ
Oct 29 - QUEBEC CITY

I'm so happy she will play four tours ;) if she will win all of them she'll reach YEC :lol:

but shame Nicole doesn't play Stuttgart instead of Quebec but at least Quebec... it's a chance for 7th title but I would rather her to win some bigger title ;)

Michael_21
Sep 19th, 2007, 03:59 PM
GOOOO nicole a last charge to the YEC that would be great if she can make it but if no shes gotta win a tournament out of one of the 4 weeks surly :D

Lunaris
Sep 19th, 2007, 04:30 PM
So she basically withdrew from Stuttgart to play Quebec. :scratch: I doubt Chakvetadze will play there, so Nicole has a good chance to produce a good result.

Corswandt
Sep 21st, 2007, 02:57 PM
What's this?! All my faves are trying to mess up their schedules as much as possible. Daniela entering Luxembourg after playing in Asia two weeks in a row in a desperate attempt to make YEC. :tape:

It's not desperate at all. It's almost a given that #9, if not #10, will give access to the YEC. And all she has to do to reach #9 is to stay ahead of Marion and Petrova. It's like that hungry bear joke - it's not the bear she has to outrun, it's the other guy. And the Luxembourg field is shite (MD cutoff may be very low, but it lacks elite players) - easy points for the taking there.

Injury prone Lucie playing 5 tournaments in a row in a desperate attempt to who the hell knows what. :help:

It's a shame Lucie can't play a full schedule like the hoggers that surround her on the rankings. There's a chance she'd be ranked higher if she played more often, of course, and playing a somewhat limited schedule makes it harder to keep her momentum after a good tournament (not that she's having many of those as of late. :help: ) or to gather momentum at all.

And now Nicole withdrawing from Stuttgart and thus playing only two tournaments till the end of the season in a not so desperate attempt to piss me off. :rolleyes: :fiery: Well, hopefully it has nothing to do with her recovery from the mono. :unsure: :(

When I first read that Nicole had withdraw from Stuttgart, I thought her season was over. Either after effects of mono or Kodat's method to get Nicole to recover from her epic chokes by taking several weeks off. Which wouldn't make sense - the way to get one's mind away from past chokes is to take it in the chin and soldier on, to play the very next week if possible. What did Azarenka do after brainfarting away the Estoril Open title to a total scrub she should have routed 1 and 1?

Anyh00

Stuttgart TII, Zürich TI - maybe it's because of the additional TI points, since both fields are equally strong at the moment?

I guess she'll tank out of one of these tournaments if she does well the week before, and I don't think she'll play Québec either way. Nothing to gain, everything to lose at TIIIs.

Neptune
Sep 21st, 2007, 06:59 PM
Québec city? I don't think she wil play here.Her shedule is so strange.It looks like something is wrong with her in 2007. :scratch: Vive 2008!(and a correct shedule please)

Sharapower8
Sep 21st, 2007, 07:47 PM
Vive 2008!(and a correct shedule please)

Couldn't agree more :rolleyes: :worship:

Tennace
Sep 22nd, 2007, 12:16 PM
Well isnt Stuttgart's field tougher than Zurich? Like 20 of top 23 is entered or something? So this might be better for Nicole.

Vaidisova
Sep 24th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Her shedule is so strange.It looks like something is wrong with her in 2007. :scratch: Vive 2008!(and a correct shedule please)

I really hope Nicole can manage to stay healthy next year and be able to play a full schedule.

Looking ahead to 2008 I wonder what her schedule will be like. Maybe play some tournaments she hasn't played before like Doha, Dubai, etc... Maybe skip the green clay...

Sexysova
Sep 25th, 2007, 06:36 AM
I really hope Nicole can manage to stay healthy next year and be able to play a full schedule.

Looking ahead to 2008 I wonder what her schedule will be like. Maybe play some tournaments she hasn't played before like Doha, Dubai, etc... Maybe skip the green clay...

I really hope she'll play Dubai!! I love this tournament, also city looks very beautiful :hearts:

tobi
Oct 7th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Petrova is out of Zurich so Vaidisova gets into the field.

Sexysova
Oct 7th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Petrova is out of Zurich so Vaidisova gets into the field.

thx tobi ;)

Nicole IN :woohoo: and no pts to defend I hope she'll make some breakthrough :) :woohoo:

Derek.
Oct 7th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Moscow -> Zurich -> Linz -> Quebec City?

Princeza
Oct 7th, 2007, 07:34 PM
She needs some confidence to come back, so if she feels these tournaments are ok, let's go :D

Vaidisova
Oct 29th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Auckland tournament director mentions Nicole as one of the players he is trying to get to commit:

While most of the world's top players are beyond his reach, Palmer is still hopeful of securing a couple of big names for January's tournament. Russians Elena Dementieva and Dinara Safina are on his list, as is Czech Nicole Vaidisova, and Palmer says they will still have a quality field, with everyone ranked inside the top 100 in the world.

The cut off date for entries into the ASB Classic is November 19.

http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=78197&fm=newsmain,narts

---

I would like to see Nicole start 2008 w/ a tournament rather than the Hong Kong exhibition (wasn't one of the first players announced). But not sure about her playing a Tier IV...

Sexysova
Oct 29th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Auckland tournament director mentions Nicole as one of the players he is trying to get to commit:

While most of the world's top players are beyond his reach, Palmer is still hopeful of securing a couple of big names for January's tournament. Russians Elena Dementieva and Dinara Safina are on his list, as is Czech Nicole Vaidisova, and Palmer says they will still have a quality field, with everyone ranked inside the top 100 in the world.

The cut off date for entries into the ASB Classic is November 19.

http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=78197&fm=newsmain,narts

---

I would like to see Nicole start 2008 w/ a tournament rather than the Hong Kong exhibition (wasn't one of the first players announced). But not sure about her playing a Tier IV...

I also prefer her to play some tournament to play exhibition ;)

Derek.
Oct 29th, 2007, 09:27 PM
I agree.

Hopefully she plays Auckland or Gold Coast.

Sexysova
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:32 PM
GOOD SCHEDULE until FED CUP of Nicole exclusive on Nicole Vaidisova On-Line http://vaidisova-nicole.com :) :worship:

Vaidisova
Nov 7th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the info.

Gold Coast + Sydney + AO is a nice schedule to start off the year.

Derek.
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Great. :D

I'm glad she's playing Gold Coast. :)

hurricanejeanne
Nov 8th, 2007, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the info.

Gold Coast + Sydney + AO is a nice schedule to start off the year.

Awesome schedule. Gold Coast could be very good for her.
Looking forward to a healthy 2008 for Nicole. :D

Vaidisova
Nov 8th, 2007, 03:20 AM
The entry lists for the first tournaments of 2008 should be out in like 2-3 weeks so we'll see which other players will be there. I know Amelie is playing Gold Coast.

Also since Nicole will be playing in the Fed Cup tie that is right before Paris I hope she doesn't play there (or Antwerp) next year. I'd like to see her play Doha and Dubai instead.

Sexysova
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:36 AM
The entry lists for the first tournaments of 2008 should be out in like 2-3 weeks so we'll see which other players will be there. I know Amelie is playing Gold Coast.

Also since Nicole will be playing in the Fed Cup tie that is right before Paris I hope she doesn't play there (or Antwerp) next year. I'd like to see her play Doha and Dubai instead.

I want her to play Dubai! :hearts:

Vaidisova
Nov 13th, 2007, 03:12 AM
Vaidisova to play Gold Coast WTA event
13th November 2007, 11:48 WST

World No.12 Nicole Vaidisova has been confirmed as a starter for the 2008 Mondial Australian Women's Hardcourts WTA event on the Gold Coast, starting next month.

The Czech teenager joins two-time Grand Slam champion and former world No.1 Amelie Mauresmo and Australia's No.1 player Samantha Stosur in the field for the December 30-January 5 tournament at the Royal Pines Resort.

Vaidisova reached the semi-finals of this year's Australian Open and the quarter-finals at the French Open and Wimbledon.

"I'm excited to be competing at the Mondial Australian Women's Hardcourts for the first time," Vaidisova said.

"The tournament has an excellent reputation among the players on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour and the Gold Coast is an ideal place to start my 2008 season.

"I'm looking forward to training hard using the great facilities, enjoying the relaxed atmosphere at the tournament and to playing some tough matches, which will stand me in good stead for the Australian Open later in January."

http://www.thewest.com.au/printfriendly.aspx?StoryName=436237

Vaidisova
Nov 21st, 2007, 01:40 AM
Nicole, Amelie, Nadia, Dinara, Patty are the top players playing Gold Coast.

Michael_21
Nov 21st, 2007, 07:24 AM
good to see her play at the gold coast she didnt play there last year did she i hope she plays sydney again she seems to play well there i cant wait till the new season starts and its the AUSSIE season :D:D:D

Vaidisova
Dec 3rd, 2007, 03:58 PM
4 weeks until the 2008 season begins for Nicole. Here are the current top 8 seeds for Gold Coast and Sydney

Gold Coast

1. Vaidisova
2. Petrova
3. Safina
4. Schnyder
5. Peer
6. Mauresmo
7. Szavay
8. Bammer

Sydney

1. Henin
2. Kuznetsova
3. Jankovic
4. Ivanovic
5. Chakvetadze
6. Hantuchova
7. Bartoli
8. Dementieva

Michael_21
Dec 6th, 2007, 02:34 PM
only 4 weeks i cant wait :D :D :D

Vaidisova
Dec 7th, 2007, 02:53 AM
I'm looking forward to the new season beginning.

Nicole has a lot of points to defend right at the start with Sydney and Australian Open.

Sexysova
Dec 11th, 2007, 03:55 AM
exclusive updated schedule until Wimbledon on the biggest site about NV :) :p

Vaidisova
Dec 11th, 2007, 04:13 AM
Thanks again for the schedule news! :)

So we know this much of her schedule then:

Gold Coast
Sydney
Australian Open
(Fed Cup)
Dubai
Indian Wells
Miami
Berlin
Rome
Roland Garros
Wimbledon

I'm glad Nicole will be playing Dubai but wish she would also play Doha... It is a Tier I during a period where she could gain some points before Indian Wells and Miami.

Sexysova
Dec 11th, 2007, 03:14 PM
I also would add Doha to her schedule and some grass preparation before W for sure :) but anyway if Nicole can play full schedule and will be 100% fit and healthy.. I'll be happy ;)

Lunaris
Dec 11th, 2007, 05:42 PM
I think it's fine to leave out Doha. At least she will have some rest before the american double. Note that if she played Doha it would be maybe too much tennis for her given that wrist injury which looks to be chronic. Nicole needs to be careful with her schedule and not overplay. She can still add Doha later if she wants to.
I agree about Eastbourne, that she should play I believe, or another grasscourt tourney before Wimbledon.

Sexysova
Dec 11th, 2007, 07:23 PM
I think it's fine to leave out Doha. At least she will have some rest before the american double. Note that if she played Doha it would be maybe too much tennis for her given that wrist injury which looks to be chronic. Nicole needs to be careful with her schedule and not overplay. She can still add Doha later if she wants to.
I agree about Eastbourne, that she should play I believe, or another grasscourt tourney before Wimbledon.

I read from my source that Nicole won't play any grass preparation, I hope I will get more info later.. I have couple of time but I think her schedule is very careful.. she could play Doha or other tournament coz there's one month off after Miami until Berlin :sad:

btw I read in some interview that this wrist injury from nothing wasn't anything special.. it was just preventive that Nicole retired.. like she said..

Lunaris
Dec 11th, 2007, 09:21 PM
I read two articles with Nicole saying she felt a small pain in wrist in Quebec and she mentioned that it was the same thing which troubled her during claycourt season, so I presume it may be a long-time injury. I didn't write it was something special, but she needs to be careful so that it doesn't become more serious. Though almost whole claycourt season missed due to it sounds quite seriously. :shrug:

Vaidisova
Dec 11th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Well hopefully no problem occurs with her wrist in Australia since she will be playing 3 tournaments in a row.

Derek.
Dec 12th, 2007, 03:24 AM
I like it. :)

Hopefully she stays healthy.

Sexysova
Dec 12th, 2007, 06:36 AM
lol maybe I told it bad way... but she came to do some investigations with her wrist after she retired and in some interview Nicole said that it's just nothing serious... :)

Neptune
Dec 12th, 2007, 10:39 AM
With this kind of schedule, she's going to play 16 or 17 tournaments this year (we hope) which is very good.I like this schedule.She has the time to add her name in the Eastbourne's entry list if she feels the need to play some matchs before Wimbledon.She won't play in Paris, but that was expected as she will probably be too tired after the fed cup but Dubai is a good choice.

Vaidisova
Mar 1st, 2008, 12:47 AM
Nicole has entered Amelia Island

http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=12621833&postcount=53

Derek.
Mar 1st, 2008, 01:42 AM
Good choice.

Sexysova
Mar 1st, 2008, 06:34 AM
cool but I would prefer her to play Charleston(one week rest and it's a bigger tournament) :drool:

Corswandt
Mar 1st, 2008, 12:57 PM
cool but I would prefer her to play Charleston(one week rest and it's a bigger tournament) :drool:

She'll probably play that as well if she crashes out early at Miami or Amelia Island. Or both. :tape:

Sharapower8
Mar 1st, 2008, 08:08 PM
Maybe that's what she needs... I mean, playing smaller tournamants, just to boost her moral and confidence. :shrug:

itzhak
Mar 27th, 2008, 03:04 PM
breaking news: according to the Israeli media, Nicole IS going to play in the fed cup against Israel after intensive talks between the the czech Federetion and Nicole's agents. it is still not official but this is the latest news today.

Sexysova
Mar 27th, 2008, 03:25 PM
breaking news: according to the Israeli media, Nicole IS going to play in the fed cup against Israel after intensive talks between the the czech Federetion and Nicole's agents. it is still not official but this is the latest news today.

this would be great!!!!!! :hearts::hearts::hearts:

I hope I will get some info or there'll be something in Czech media :)

Lunaris
Mar 27th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Please play, Nicole. I don't see what a negative impact could two matches have on her career, focus on results or whatever bollocks we were fed up with.

Sexysova
Mar 27th, 2008, 03:39 PM
now I know it's 100% nonsense.. she won't play in Israel for sure! :sad:

Lunaris
Mar 27th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Care to explain?

Sexysova
Mar 27th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Care to explain?

lol what can I explain? I think it's sure.. it's the same reason... it's absolute nonsense... she or her team have never told anything about she's going to play in Israel..

Lunaris
Mar 27th, 2008, 05:00 PM
It sounded like you had gotten a new info denying this news. If you don't have anything new, then why you write "NOW I know it's a 100% nonsense"? :rolleyes:
Whatever, let's wait and see.

Sexysova
Mar 27th, 2008, 05:52 PM
It sounded like you had gotten a new info denying this news. If you don't have anything new, then why you write "NOW I know it's a 100% nonsense"? :rolleyes:
Whatever, let's wait and see.

omfg.. because it's 100% sure that Nicole won't play in Israel, can you accept and understand it.. :lol:

itzhak
Apr 1st, 2008, 11:18 PM
Nicole is OUT of Amelia Island