PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else here bored and fed up with tennis?

dav abu
Jan 21st, 2007, 07:39 PM
I really can't be f**ked anymore since Lindsays gone. I've loved tennis since I was a little kid before Lindsay arrived on the scene at all and I still went to the French and Wimbledon even though Lindsay didn't play but my interest is severely waning. In my opinion the game is not going in a good way and I don't feel any excitement anymore about it. Does anyone else feel the same now that Lindsay has gone or have you continued to follow the tour with great interest? (btw Lindsay was my one and only favourite player)

The Daviator
Jan 21st, 2007, 08:23 PM
:hug:

It's awful without her, I like a lot of player but none as much as Linds, but no-one can go on forever, at least we don't have to look forward to a heart-breaking three-set defeat in the quarters-semis-finals now :lol:

hurricanejeanne
Jan 21st, 2007, 09:07 PM
It changes for me everyday. While I have a few "secondary favorites" none are anywhere near as important as Lindsay is to me.

I'm nowhere near as nervous or excited as I would be if Lindsay was playing. I miss the anxiety before and during her matches and the joy of her winning. And the losses of the said secondary favorites don't hurt nearly as much too.

It's just a completely different feeling.
I love tennis still and enjoy watching it. But the excitement isn't the same.
I have pretty much figured out that I'm not going to be able to love another player as much as I love Lindsay. She'll always be my favorite player and while some people may be able to replace their retired favorites with another I just cannot do that.

Lindsay will always be my favorite. :)

LindsayRulz
Jan 22nd, 2007, 12:27 AM
It changes for me everyday. While I have a few "secondary favorites" none are anywhere near as important as Lindsay is to me.

I'm nowhere near as nervous or excited as I would be if Lindsay was playing. I miss the anxiety before and during her matches and the joy of her winning. And the losses of the said secondary favorites don't hurt nearly as much too.

It's just a completely different feeling.
I love tennis still and enjoy watching it. But the excitement isn't the same.
I have pretty much figured out that I'm not going to be able to love another player as much as I love Lindsay. She'll always be my favorite player and while some people may be able to replace their retired favorites with another I just cannot do that.

Lindsay will always be my favorite. :)

I feel exactly the same than you hurricanejeanne.

jacs
Jan 27th, 2007, 06:32 AM
No other player ever would incite as much emotionally histrionics from me. :)

Lindsayfan32
Jan 27th, 2007, 10:16 AM
I've still enjoyed watching the tennis for the last fortnight but I don't get emotionally attached to other players like I did with Lindsay matches. I've missed her though but I'm just going to have to get used to tennis without Lindsay.

M2k
Feb 14th, 2007, 09:58 PM
ughhh...I wasn't around for a while :eek: :eek: :eek: but deep down I just knew :sobbing: :sobbing: and now well...now I really know she is gone :hysteric:

Lindsay....when did she retire? in December ?

LindsayRulz
Feb 14th, 2007, 11:22 PM
ughhh...I wasn't around for a while :eek: :eek: :eek: but deep down I just knew :sobbing: :sobbing: and now well...now I really know she is gone :hysteric:

Lindsay....when did she retire? in December ?

December 13th :tape:

The same day, it was the first time I failed an exam at college :tape:

Goodtimes goodtimes... :lol:

hurricanejeanne
Feb 15th, 2007, 02:15 AM
December 13th :tape:

The same day, it was the first time I failed an exam at college :tape:

Goodtimes goodtimes... :lol:

Aw, sorry about your exam...God, that day sucked on a million levels. :tape:

:hug: to all TOP members. :)

lindsayno1
Feb 15th, 2007, 11:24 AM
lol i dont even remember what i was doing....! oh well!

M2k
Feb 15th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Tennis without Lindsay is no longer worth watching ...I just see the current players and ...well --->:help: Mary, Venus, and Martina are pretty much gone as well...:o and why do I feel Serena won't be able to hold the younsters for much longer....and if I have to see another Slam where Justine, kim, or Maria win :tape: *sigh* no true Lindsay fan would ever like those three :scared:

ps:
Lindsayno1 you avatar is fantastic:haha: :lol:

tennisboi
Feb 19th, 2007, 06:45 PM
I always knew when Lindsay retired i'd lose a lot of my interest in tennis but not the way I have I don't care anymore I never check results or the rankings & I only ever come on this board once a fortnight. Lindsay was magical to me she just had an essence & charisma that no one else could match on tour I don't care about tennis anymore it's boring without Linds she was so special

Dave.
Feb 25th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Watching the Dubai final made me remember the 2005 Dubai final which Lindsay won. Thinking of Lindsay just made me bored of Amelie and Justine....I would rather have seen Lindsay smacking a double-handed backhand down the line:hearts: Just every now and then when I watch tennis I just get bored of it when I remember Lindsay:sad: I would do anything to see (and hear;) )her hitting a tennis ball again. Does anyone else get this now when they see tennis:shrug:

The Daviator
Feb 25th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Yeah, seeing all the Justine/Venus fans celebrating this weekend made me really miss her, and made me miss celebrating her wins, what I'd give for even a Tier IV win now :lol:

Btw, we've not seen pics of her in ages, has she gone into hiding :shrug: You'd think she and Gwen would attend some event or something :cool:

LDF
Feb 25th, 2007, 10:54 PM
^^ Well this is Lindsay we're talking about, so I'm not surprised we haven't seen her :p

hurricanejeanne
Feb 25th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Yeah, seeing all the Justine/Venus fans celebrating this weekend made me really miss her, and made me miss celebrating her wins, what I'd give for even a Tier IV win now :lol:

Btw, we've not seen pics of her in ages, has she gone into hiding :shrug: You'd think she and Gwen would attend some event or something :cool:

That what makes me miss her so much too. Watching eveyone else celebrate their favorite's wins. I miss watching her play, watching her win, watching her lift trophies. :sad:

Probably watching Venus win last night made me miss Lindsay more because of their rivialry. I watch the Kim fans get upset with her for playing so little and I just want them to realize that she's not gone yet, they still have her for a little bit longer and that they should hold on to those moments before they're gone. I'm so jealous that everyone else's favorite is still active, and our's is gone. I just miss her so much. :sad:
I would give anything to watch her play again, especially since Indian Wells is around the corner. I miss the drama and the nerves of her playing. It's just not the same, it never will be.

According to what we know of her due date (late May, early June) Lindsay should be about 6 months pregnant by now. She's probably spending a lot of time resting. I doubt we'll see/hear from her until she's given birth. ;)

LindsayRulz
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:25 AM
That what makes me miss her so much too. Watching eveyone else celebrate their favorite's wins. I miss watching her play, watching her win, watching her lift trophies. :sad:

Probably watching Venus win last night made me miss Lindsay more because of their rivialry. I watch the Kim fans get upset with her for playing so little and I just want them to realize that she's not gone yet, they still have her for a little bit longer and that they should hold on to those moments before they're gone. I'm so jealous that everyone else's favorite is still active, and our's is gone. I just miss her so much. :sad:

:worship: :sad:

I would give anything to watch her play again, especially since Indian Wells is around the corner. I miss the drama and the nerves of her playing. It's just not the same, it never will be.

It's exactly what I was thinking this week. Indian Wells is coming fast and it's sad to think Lindsay's not going to double bagle someone for the 4th time in a row. And man the field sucks! I still can't believe it! It's suppose to be a HUGE tier I tournament and it looks like a tier II because of Miami.

Ingokoer
Feb 26th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Yes you are right. For me it is very sad to watch INDIAN WELLS this year, because without Lindsay and Kim this tournament is another one than in prevouis years. Both have dominated this tournament so much and the field really sucks this year. Maybe these 2 big tournaments (IW & Miami) are too close in the schedule.

lindsayno1
Feb 26th, 2007, 10:05 AM
you never know she might show up at IW.... in the stands?

LindsayRulz
Feb 26th, 2007, 05:22 PM
you never know she might show up at IW.... in the stands?

With Gwen :p

LindsayRulz
Feb 26th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Yes you are right. For me it is very sad to watch INDIAN WELLS this year, because without Lindsay and Kim this tournament is another one than in prevouis years. Both have dominated this tournament so much and the field really sucks this year. Maybe these 2 big tournaments (IW & Miami) are too close in the schedule.

Yes and the fact that Miami is a mandatory tournament like the grand slams doesn't help IW :(.

LindsayfanTV
Feb 26th, 2007, 07:20 PM

According to what we know of her due date (late May, early June) Lindsay should be about 6 months pregnant by now. She's probably spending a lot of time resting. I doubt we'll see/hear from her until she's given birth. ;)

It is sad that we won't see Lindsay on court again ~ I loved Dubai, Wimbledon and the US open as they were places I was lucky enough to see Lindsay play. To see her up close was magical ~ the sound of her striking that ball was awesome and to see her dominate on court but be so gracious and humble, both in victory and defeat, was inspirational. She's a class act and I can't readily identify with anyone else on the tour right now.:bowdown: :bowdown:

On the TV, I loved the hard court season as you knew she was going to be there in the latter stages and would get to see her play day after day.

It isn't the same for sure but who knows what Lindsay may do on the future once she has the family she has longed for for some time. Maybe we'll hear her dulcet tones commentating on the TV or see the Davenport School of tennis being set up for up and coming stars of the future. We can dream, can't we? :zzz:

chadman569
Feb 26th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Indian Wells is definitely going to be a tough one for me. I have been planning to go there since last year (ordered the tickets and everything), when she announced she was playing there. I was going JUST to see her play. I am from Kentucky and I am still going to Indian Wells to see a mediocre field. I just wish she would show up in the stands so I could see her at least once. This is the second attempt for me as I went to Amelia Island last year only to have her withdraw because of her back injury. And now tennis is just plain boring. I sympathize with everyone because I miss her just as much as you all do. Hopefully, everything is going well with her though and she is happy at home. That is all we, as true fans, can ask for.

jacs
Mar 3rd, 2007, 06:20 AM
Indianwells this year would be the first TOP anniversary "celebrated" after her pregnancy.

mike/topgun
Mar 5th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Well, I was going to watch some old tapes actually:sobbing:
becouse the tennis we can watch nowadays is nowhere nerarly as exciting(to me) as it was when Lindsay was playing.
I do miss her very much, even though I have some other players that I cheer for, I'll never think of them as of my favourite players, cos they don't have this exceptional striking ability Lindsay's got.
Tennis is not as interesting to me, as Lindsay and Andre were the 2 I've seen first on tv years back, when I started to follow the game. They both were inspirational to me. And now they're both gone from the courts...

I'm quite bored with the tour, when clearly the best players are not around.
Either JH is injured, or Ree, Masha, Kim or Vee. When was the last time we've seen all the tops playing in one tourney? It's been ages...:(

John.
Mar 5th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Lindsay :sad: It's not the same without her