PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the junior title ??

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 20th, 2007, 02:58 PM
field looks to be one of best ever

draw below
(1)Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) v (wc)Shayna McDowell (AUS)
Shiho Akita (JPN) v Q
Katarzyna Piter (POL) v (wc)Sally Peers (AUS)
(15)Kristina Kucova (SVK) v Noppawan Lertcheewakarn (THA)

(12)Nikola Hofmanova (AUT) v Sung-Hee Han (KOR)
Kimberly Couts (USA) v Q
Nadia Kichenok (UKR) v (wc)Isabella Holland (AUS)
(7)Sharon Fichman (CAN) v Q

(4)Ayumi Morita (JPN) v Wing Yau Wenise Chan (HKG)
Natasa Zoric (SRB) v (wc)Alison Bai (AUS)
Alexandra Panova (RUS) v Brittany Sheed (AUS)
(13)Katerina Vankova (CZE) v Chelsey Gullickson (USA)

(9)Julia Cohen (USA) v (wc)Stephanie Wiltshire (AUS)
Q v Q
Ksenia Lykina (RUS) v Andreea Vaideanu (ROM)
(6)Alize Cornet (FRA) v Naomi Cavaday (GBR)

(5)Tamira Paszek (AUT) v Tamaryn Handler (BEL)
Petra Martic (CRO) v Klaudia Boczova (SVK)
Emiko Ito (JPN) v Courtney Clayton (USA)
(11)Urszula Radwanska (POL) v Tyra Calderwood (AUS)

(14)Reka Zsilinskza (USA) v (wc)Michelle Brycki (AUS)
Jade Curtis (GBR) v Lyudmila Kichenok (UKR)
Arina Rodionova (RUS) v Erika Zanchetta (ITA)
(3)Ksenia Milevskaya (BLR) v (wc)Anna Wishink (AUS)

(8)Eugenia Rodina (RUS) v Sandra Roma (SWE)
(wc)Alenka Hubacek (AUS) v Q
Ai Yamamoto (JPN) v Q
(10)Kristina Antoniychuk (UKR) v Monika Sirilova (SVK)

(16)Madison Brengle (USA) v Valeria Pulido Velasco (MEX)
Q v Q
Ling Zhang (HKG) v (wc)Marija Mirkovic (AUS)
(2)Yung Jan Chan (TPE) v Varatachaya Wongteanchai (THA)

Natalicious
Jan 20th, 2007, 03:02 PM
tamira :rocker2:

or

nikola :rocker:

Viktymise
Jan 20th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Alize :armed:

Jorn
Jan 20th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Hope for Nastya vs Ula Finale ;)

and ithink Nastya as the winner!

Vincey!
Jan 20th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Sharon :D...;)

isabellea
Jan 20th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Alizé

Dexter
Jan 20th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Tamira will win a GS finally.

but I voted for Ula! :devil:

RND
Jan 20th, 2007, 04:09 PM
For me,it's time for Yung-Jan to win a GS. ;) (Her best record is like semifinal only... :tape: )
Tamira or Ula would be her toughest opponent on the way to the final.

LUXXXAS
Jan 20th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Tamira!

Drake1980
Jan 20th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Sharon:banana: But really tough Draw:eek:

HTE
Jan 20th, 2007, 06:06 PM
I'll be cheering for Alizé :)

Iceland
Jan 20th, 2007, 06:21 PM
I'll be cheering for Alizé :)

Me too ! :D
I want a Alizé-Tamira final.

jamatthews
Jan 20th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Kucova

ViennaCalling
Jan 20th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Tamira :rocker:

or Nikola :hearts:

Good luck girls!

Ellery
Jan 20th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Yung-Jan!

Tennis-Chick
Jan 20th, 2007, 08:50 PM
I'll be cheering for Milevskaya, Ula and Tamira

wgam
Jan 20th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Obvious that ULA takes a title:worship: :bounce:

kittyking
Jan 20th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Sacha would have stood a good chance at taking out this if she hadnt have withdraw :bigcry:

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 22nd, 2007, 04:30 PM
2nd rd in play today

Fichman the "big" casualty in r1

crys
Jan 23rd, 2007, 02:04 AM
i'm cheering for two.. The Canadian and Paszek :)

selyoink
Jan 23rd, 2007, 04:08 AM
I think Pavlyuchenkova will win.

Ravsieg
Jan 23rd, 2007, 06:13 AM
Everyone is just saying who's their favorite rather than being insightful. :tape: Not going to comment.

Ravsieg
Jan 23rd, 2007, 06:27 AM
Ok, not everyone.

And how come Fichman was a casuality? It wasn't doubles. :tape:

By the way, on 2nd Round, Yung-Jan Chan and Ayumi Morita were both taken out. I wasn't expecting it. Paszek is my top guess, followed by Morita (who's out already) then Pavlyuchenkova then Urszula.

Unless Hofmanova made a lot of progress mid-season, she isn't really up to pair with the big guns. She's showed enough talent to be a force somewhere this season though.

Yung-Jan Chan had an awesome junior career a while ago, but she hasn't had any good result on juniors for a long while. WTA is her thing and she should stick there. Why stepping back?

Same about Paszek. She's by far the best player there. How come someone who can already kick most of the Top 100 is going back to juniors? Really.
Juniors is for youngsters who need to gain experience in order to step up to being pros. Not a slaughterhouse for players who've already made the transition successfully. Did she really need to go beat the heck out of recent shining stars like Hendler and Martic, ultimately taking out their chances?

Morita also, even though not as much.

Cornet also fits on that description. She's a good player already, proof is that she qualified for women MD, but she's not as stablished as Paszek so I can understand, although I still don't agree.

Urszula has a great game too, but her WTA rank is still low and she hasn't got many practice on it so it's okay to make a final stand at juniors. I don't think she should make it last for longer though.

Pavlyuchenkova is still too young for the pro circuit, so I understand she's still busy on juniors rather than taking a shot at it. Even though she's obviously good enough.

Milevskaya is progressing in the shadows and she's been very consistant despite not having a breakthrough. It can happen soon.

As for Fichman sorry but I can't see a future for her in singles. When it comes to doubles, she's always one of the biggest forces, but whenever I see junior slams her seeding place becomes a good chance for some breakthrough.

Now, as for the people missing.
Wozniacki, Cibulkova and Olaru seem to be going 100% for pro circuit now. That's good. The junior world would just hinder them, they need to get used to WTA .

I don't think Cirstea would do the same, she's still not too high on WTA's rank. Is she injured?

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 23rd, 2007, 11:44 AM
Ok, not everyone.

And how come Fichman was a casuality? It wasn't doubles. :tape:

By the way, on 2nd Round, Yung-Jan Chan and Ayumi Morita were both taken out. I wasn't expecting it. Paszek is my top guess, followed by Morita (who's out already) then Pavlyuchenkova then Urszula.

Unless Hofmanova made a lot of progress mid-season, she isn't really up to pair with the big guns. She's showed enough talent to be a force somewhere this season though.

Yung-Jan Chan had an awesome junior career a while ago, but she hasn't had any good result on juniors for a long while. WTA is her thing and she should stick there. Why stepping back?

Same about Paszek. She's by far the best player there. How come someone who can already kick most of the Top 100 is going back to juniors? Really.
Juniors is for youngsters who need to gain experience in order to step up to being pros. Not a slaughterhouse for players who've already made the transition successfully. Did she really need to go beat the heck out of recent shining stars like Hendler and Martic, ultimately taking out their chances?

Morita also, even though not as much.

Cornet also fits on that description. She's a good player already, proof is that she qualified for women MD, but she's not as stablished as Paszek so I can understand, although I still don't agree.

Urszula has a great game too, but her WTA rank is still low and she hasn't got many practice on it so it's okay to make a final stand at juniors. I don't think she should make it last for longer though.

Pavlyuchenkova is still too young for the pro circuit, so I understand she's still busy on juniors rather than taking a shot at it. Even though she's obviously good enough.

Milevskaya is progressing in the shadows and she's been very consistant despite not having a breakthrough. It can happen soon.

As for Fichman sorry but I can't see a future for her in singles. When it comes to doubles, she's always one of the biggest forces, but whenever I see junior slams her seeding place becomes a good chance for some breakthrough.

Now, as for the people missing.
Wozniacki, Cibulkova and Olaru seem to be going 100% for pro circuit now. That's good. The junior world would just hinder them, they need to get used to WTA .

I don't think Cirstea would do the same, she's still not too high on WTA's rank. Is she injured?

Sorana been playing ITF's in US (not doing too good in them :(, she's qualified for a 50k this week in Hawaii.
Olaru is nearly 18 and gave up juniors last yr, same for Cibulkova.

Yung-Jan Chan tried to win her 1st slam, she failed again, she's never passed 3rd rd of Aus Open :o

Tamira, not sure why she's playing here but i guess its to win a jr slam as she hasnt won one yet.

Harju.
Jan 23rd, 2007, 03:11 PM
It looks like it's going to be Nasty P vs Alize, the bottom draw is wide open. Ursula/Tamira/Ksenia vs Kristina A/Rodina/Brangle.

CooCooCachoo
Jan 23rd, 2007, 04:06 PM
Paszek to win.

Dexter
Jan 24th, 2007, 12:46 AM
The favourite from the poll already out! ;)

NyCPsU
Jan 24th, 2007, 12:58 AM
brengle :p

Dor Y
Jan 25th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Ula Radwanska

:inlove:
Jan 25th, 2007, 03:58 PM
She already lost Dor Y. ;)

CooCooCachoo
Jan 25th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Chelsey :sad: