PDA

View Full Version : My serve is better than Camille Pin's

~Eclipsed~
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:23 PM
I know she is a great fighter and everything, but how is she in the top 100 with a serve like that. She should be broken every service game. I mean there is absolutely nothing on her serve.

I think my second serve is faster than her first serve and i dont' put much on my second serve.

She makes Dementieva's serve look as fast as someone like Serena's.

Can anyone else explain how she is in the top 100? I know she gets dissed a lot already on this site, but i really don't get how she is in there after seeing her play against Sharapova.

©@®eLess
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:43 PM
can u put 96% of 1st serve in like her? give girl a break....shes not serving bombs but is very accurate

James
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:48 PM
I know she is a great fighter and everything, but how is she in the top 100 with a serve like that. She should be broken every service game. I mean there is absolutely nothing on her serve.

I think my second serve is faster than her first serve and i dont' put much on my second serve.

Can anyone else explain how she is in the top 100? I know she gets dissed a lot already on this site, but i really don't get how she is in there after seeing her play against Sharapova.

What is it exactly you miss in those other threads that make you start yet another one?

~Eclipsed~
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:01 PM
well i'm just trying to find an answer for why she is in the top 100. I'm not trying to start a "i hate camille pin thread"

jazar
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:05 PM
sharapova was practically standing on the service line receiving pin's serve. shows how little she thought of it

~Eclipsed~
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:06 PM
can u put 96% of 1st serve in like her? give girl a break....shes not serving bombs but is very accurate

i'd hope she is accurate. If you practice a serve like that enough, you're more than likely going to get it in most of the time.

James
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:07 PM
well i'm just trying to find an answer for why she is in the top 100. I'm not trying to start a "i hate camille pin thread"

There is an ongoing discussion in several threads, most notably the thread concerning the Sharapova-Pin match. You might find an answer there.

Orion
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:08 PM
It's very, very hard for huge hitters to create their own momentum without spraying errors all over the place. Check the stats; when Pin plays big hitters, they make SO many errors.

She's carved out a very tidy career out of making big hitters look like lumbering idiots with zero sense of the court.

hingisGOAT
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:09 PM
well, upon observing that two of your favorites are among the most mindless ball-bashers in tennis history, it follows that nobody is shocked by your inability to comprehend fundamental aspects of the sport such as consistence, variety, and placement

davidmario
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:15 PM

The answer is: because she has an incredible footwork combined with an amazing stamina.

MisterMan
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:15 PM
I couldn't understand why the girl doesn't bend one bit when she serves !
She's sooo stiff !! Her legs and back were perfectly straight and her hips just twist slightly. Her entire motion is with her arm, which is horrific.
Elena D is saying "this girl can't serve for shiiit "

I assume she's in the top 75 because 1- she's got/had the money and time to devote all her life to the game. Us mere mortals have jobs and bills. Her parents probably raised her in a Tennis camp in France.

And consistency. The reason people like us can never beat a player like her is that we'll make tons more UE. Even tho our shots may be harder (when they go in), hers are softer but most of them go in. That'll win her matches against us mere mortals.

hingisGOAT
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:16 PM
oh wow, i did not even see your favorites in blue, such as dokic, bovina, pierce, and hantuchova. it's now quite clear: you have never seen a slice or a lob in your life.

FrenchY52
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:17 PM
well, upon observing that two of your favorites are among the most mindless ball-bashers in tennis history, it follows that nobody is shocked by your inability to comprehend fundamental aspects of the sport such as consistence, variety, and placement

Exactly what i thought when i saw his sig :eek: ;)

Pluto
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:19 PM

Oh, you're Elena:cool: :)
:D

davidmario
I couldn't understand why the girl doesn't bend one bit when she serves !
She's sooo stiff !! Her legs and back were perfectly straight and her hips just twist slightly. Her entire motion is with her arm, which is horrific.Elena D is saying "this girl can't serve for shiiit "

I assume she's in the top 75 because 1- she's got/had the money and time to devote all her life to the game. Us mere mortals have jobs and bills. Her parents probably raised her in a Tennis camp in France.

And consistency. The reason people like us can never beat a player like her is that we'll make tons more UE. Even tho our shots may be harder (when they go in), hers are softer but most of them go in. That'll win her matches against us mere mortals.

that's correct. she should use her back more. her shoulders are parallel to the baseline which shouldn't be the case.

~Eclipsed~
seeing as two of your favorites are among the most mindless ball-bashers in tennis history, i'm sure no one is shocked that you can't comprehend fundamental aspects of tennis such as consistence, variety, and placement

again i'm not attacking her for it i'm just trying to figure her out.

I'm sure you're referring to Dokic as a mindless ball basher, but who is the other one?

FrenchY52
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:22 PM
again i'm not attacking her for it i'm just trying to figure her out.

I'm sure you're referring to Dokic as a mindless ball basher, but who is the other one?

I would have said Harkleroad (by far) followed by Stevenson. Jelena's ok

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:27 PM

I guess you missed her match against Maria. You Tube her name and watch the match. I think it will answere your question :bounce:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:30 PM
I would have said Harkleroad (by far) followed by Stevenson. Jelena's ok

I don't think anyone can just mindlessly bash the ball and become a top 100 player ;)

iPatty
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:34 PM
She could still beat you, even if your serve is better than hers.

~Eclipsed~
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:40 PM
i did see the end of the match against Sharapova. I did see why she was winning.

Let me rephrase my question then lol : How does she win against players who don't make a boatload of errors?

switz
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:45 PM
i'd hope she is accurate. If you practice a serve like that enough, you're more than likely going to get it in most of the time.

you're watching it on tv and not seeing the trajectory that it comes at on court. Sure it's an incredibly slow serve but there are a hell of a lot of players who find it more difficult to deal with than a normal paced serve because you have to create all you're own pace of the return. She it's with no spin as well so invariably the opponent has to bring it from low to high with no pace with actually makes it hard to attack if the ball is kept at a reasonable length and placed well - something that Pin does do a lot of.

She also takes the ball very early off her groundstrokes and forces her opponent to react quickly and come up with good shots. The reality is that if a girl in the top 50 plays well against her they'll probably win easily - but if they are a bit off she becomes a very tricky opponent and that's why is ranked 60 in the world with such a seemingly limited game.

Europe rocks
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Camille must be doing something right to get into the top 100 and her serve is one of her secret weapons. Even though she doesn't hit it hard, the other player has to create the momentum on the return and can hit it out or dump it into the net. It's very accurate and pretty useful. I would rather have a serve like Camille's than someone who may be able to get aces, but also serve a lot of double faults

MatchpointPRT
Jan 16th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Lol, but that weak serve also has some advantages, one of the advantages is that her opponents tend to try to atack every serve, because they can´t resist to that easy serve, and what happens is that many times they commit lots of unf errors because they go for the winner in the return. I don´t know why Camille Pin is so criticized... i saw lots of other players in the top 100 playing a lot worst.

MatchpointPRT
Jan 16th, 2007, 10:31 PM
i won´t open a thread about this but would you prefer to have Dementieva´s serve or Camille Pin serve?

MisterMan
Jan 16th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Pin's is much much worse.

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 16th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Camille's serve is the reason why she has never beat Top-30 player.

tobi
Jan 16th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Her serve is weak but tricky for her oppenents who arent at their best

Perfect example ; look to yesterday's match

~Eclipsed~
Jan 17th, 2007, 01:07 AM
i would definitely rather have Dementieva's.

Jeff
Jan 17th, 2007, 01:45 AM
Pin's serve is pathetic, no doubt about it.