PDA

View Full Version : Serena about Lindsay; I've always liked her, I miss her

dreamgoddess099
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Q. Could you talk a little about Lindsay, the fact she's moving on, having a baby.

SERENA WILLIAMS: I've always liked Lindsay. Lindsay and I always got along really well. I miss her. I was watching TV. They were showing some highlights. I noticed they had just like a picture of Lindsay returning serve. I was like, Oh.:awww:

You know, I know she's happy. She's had a fabulous career. She was so consistent. I like Lindsay a lot. She will be missed, for sure, especially by me.:sad:

Q. What do you think Lindsay's legacy will be in terms of her game and the way she played it?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Like I said, Lindsay was extremely consistent - a little more consistent than I was or, geez, am, was, whatever.:lol: She was extremely consistent. She was always in the top five-ish. We've had some great matches.

I think she'll just have a great legacy. She was a great American player. Obviously won several Grand Slams, singles and doubles. A lot of people don't play doubles any more.

It was awesome. She did good.

Nice words about Lindsay Serena, very classy.

tennnisfannn
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Lindsay and serena always seemed to like one another.

tennisboi
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Lindsay and serena always seemed to like one another.

Yeah when Serena had her knee injury Lindsay sent her flowers they had a nice rivalry and they were nice words from Serena

volta
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Venus said once that Rena had Lindsays cell number right? :unsure: at least i think i read somewhere that they were friends with each other.

anyway i miss Lindz 2 :sad:

crazillo
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:27 PM
I think they got along better than Linzi and Venus, yet Venus und Lindsay had the more dramatic matches IMO.

mr_burns
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Lindsay was so great...These days I have to think about the Open 2 years ago when she was able to fight her way to the final...it was so horrible to watch these matches

vswfan
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Lindsay said that she exchanged email with Serena for a long time at Amelia Island 2004.
Lindsay made a call and thanked to Serena after Serena beat Amelie Mauresmo to help Lindsay hold year-end-NO.1

I think they are good friends.

Slumpsova
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:49 PM
aww i miss Linds too :sad:

Mina Vagante
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:53 PM
:worship:

volta
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Lindsay said that she exchanged email with Serena for a long time at Amelia Island 2004.
Lindsay made a call and thanked to Serena after Serena beat Amelie Mauresmo to help Lindsay hold year-end-NO.1

I think they are good friends.

i seriously doubt that

serenafan08
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:48 PM
i seriously doubt that

No - actually they had Lindsay on the air after Serena won that match. I remember it - it was the YEC 2004 when Serena beat Amelie in 3 sets and Lindsay held on to the number one ranking. First Serena was on the air and was congratulating Lindsay and said, "Yay - an American is number one! Congrats Lindsay!" It almost sounded like Serena wanted to win not just to get to the finals, but to help Lindsay hang on. Then Lindsay came on the air and said something like, "That was really nice. I've always been a fan of hers." It was a great exchange.

Lindsay and Serena have always gotten along great. Their matches were always intense, but the handshake afterwards was always nice. I remember the US Open 2001 when Serena won in three sets - they were both smiling and congratulating one another afterwards. It was so great to see. And when Serena won the Aussie in '05 - she gave Lindsay major props, and I thought that was really cool too. Lindsay is going to be missed by everyone. She's had a great career, although I do wish she could have won just one more Slam! :sad: But nonetheless, she's got nothing to hang her head about. We love ya Lindsay! :yeah:

winone23
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:53 PM
I'm going to miss Davenport too!!!

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Very nice indeed :bounce:

The Daviator
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Serena, I love you even more now :hearts: :worship:

Finally someone speaks about Linds :ras:

LefandePatty
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Nice words yeah! :yeah:

Vut
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:48 PM
:yeah:

alias
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:58 PM
What happened to the Davenport/Hingis pact agasint the Williams??

~Eclipsed~
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:04 PM
That's nice to see that they get along so well.

I remember watching Venus play Lindsay the one time and the commentators said that they didn't like each other. They really didn't give a reason why. They are two of my favorite players so i hoped that they got along, but they didn't/don't. Nice to see that Serena and Lindsay like each other though.

Vlover
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:22 PM
What happened to the Davenport/Hingis pact agasint the Williams??

Yea, that was very short lived because they both start getting their ass kicked by Williams after that. Anyway they have all matured now and have mutual respect for each other. Even Hingis now is making more mature and responsible statements. Now its all about :hug:

John.
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:28 PM
:yeah: Nice one Serena

LindsayRulz
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:35 PM

Same here! Serena :hug:

mike/topgun
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Yeah, that was really a nice comment from Serena, but I've always thought they got on well;)
thank god Ree's playing quite solid atm, so we can watch her in Melbourne, getting some matches under her belt. Slow steps.

Haute
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:32 PM
That's nice to see that they get along so well.

I remember watching Venus play Lindsay the one time and the commentators said that they didn't like each other. They really didn't give a reason why. They are two of my favorite players so i hoped that they got along, but they didn't/don't. Nice to see that Serena and Lindsay like each other though.

I thought that Venus and Lindsay have gotten along better the last few years? Didn't Lindsay say that they had gotten closer after playing Davis Cup together (2005 I think) and were on better terms?

volta
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Vee and Lindz like and respect each other. it was great to see them hug on Wimbledon 2k5 final :hearts:

Rena :hug: :worship:

new-york
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:52 PM
nice words.

serena.:hearts::lol: lindsay will be missed.

and yeah, she was so consistent.:worship:

lindsayno1
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Lindsay :(

Leo_DFP
Jan 16th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Serena :worship: It's nice to finally see Lindsay be recognized by one of the players at this year's Australian Open. She's barely been mentioned by our commentators here.

Lindsay always said that Serena was the friendlier and more outgoing of the two sisters. She could talk to Serena about fashion tips or gossip magazines, etc. They liked chatting about that kind of stuff together. But she said Venus was usually colder towards her and they never spoke much.

LUXXXAS
Jan 16th, 2007, 07:03 PM
nice commemnts Serenita :kiss:-now I'm gonna cheer for you at AO :rocker2:

hurricanejeanne
Jan 16th, 2007, 07:34 PM

No kidding!

Very lovely words by Serena. :hug: I knew there was a reason I always liked Serena. ;) I remember Lindsay and Serena getting along pretty well over the years, particularly the recent years.

Lindsay :worship: forever.

gmak
Jan 16th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Serena :yeah: :hearts: :worship:

lindsayno1
Jan 16th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Lindsay'll get talked about a lot at Wimbledon... she always did well there and Sue Barker liked her! Ugh Wimbledons gonna be crap!

RJWCapriati
Jan 16th, 2007, 08:16 PM
How nice

MisterMan
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Dav always said she got along with Serena, gossiping before their matches, etc.. but that Venus never talked to her very much and she was kind of cold.

Dave.
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Finally Lindsay is mentioned! That was really nice from Serena. I hope they are still in contact with each other. Venus and Lindsay got along better aswell in recent years.

The only time I heard Lindsay mentioned was during the Serena v Santangelo match. John Lloyd and Sam Smith were talking about the draw and they said 'It's really sad Henin-Hardenne is not here but all the other big names are here- Hingis, Serena, Mauresmo etc.' (I was shouting at the tele 'WHAT ABOUT LINDSAY?':lol: . They finally mentioned her near the end, saying something about the state of American tennis right now, and Lloyd said 'Well they are struggling right now especially since Davenport looks like she's quitting' That's all I've heard of her and they haven't even said she is pregnant!

Lulu.
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Serena :yeah:

spokenword73
Jan 16th, 2007, 10:10 PM
I remember after the Indian Wells incident, Lindsay was one of the few players to comment on the crowd booing Serena and how unfair it was. (Maybe Kimmie said something too.) I liked Lindsay ever since. She is a class act.

The Daviator
Jan 16th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Maybe Serena wants Lindsay to name the baby after her :hehehe:

tobi
Jan 16th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Nice words from Serena :)

ViennaCalling
Jan 16th, 2007, 10:36 PM
I miss Lindsay too :sad: :hearts:

Serena :hug:

disco_rage
Jan 16th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Wow Serena said something nice about another player.... LOL... i'm JOKING! Nicely done Serena!

Bounty Hunter
Jan 16th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Maybe Serena wants Lindsay to name the baby after her :hehehe:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Serena :hug:

MikeJones
Jan 16th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Its hard not to like Lindsay. If you dislike Lindsay, something is wrong with you. This thread is overplayed imo

tennnisfannn
Jan 17th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Venus admitted on Oprah that she has always been incrdibly shy which i assume people took to mean Venus was cold. She actually said it was serena who helped her make friends.

dreamgoddess099
Jan 17th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Its hard not to like Lindsay. If you dislike Lindsay, something is wrong with you. This thread is overplayed imo

Sorry I couldn't come up with some of your thread titles like "Momo and Justine final is BAD for Tennis," "If Philippoussis were a WTA player...", "Sveta looks butch, yes.. ", and "Geez, louise..NEXT YEAR PLEASE." Yeah, your threads are all gems.:rolleyes:

PatM04
Jan 17th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Serena:) Carry on the American legacy!

Andrew..
Jan 17th, 2007, 01:43 AM
Serena and Lindsay have always had a good relationship. In LA back in 2004, she was talking about how Serena and she were working out in the gym, and they were talking about Serena's outfits, and reading gossips rags, and just how they get along really well now. It's nice to see.

vesanto
Jan 17th, 2007, 01:47 AM
Dunno why but if someone told me that Lindsay would get along with any of the Williams sisters, I would assume it would be Venus...:shrug: But nice words! :)

mykarma
Jan 17th, 2007, 02:03 AM
Serena :worship: It's nice to finally see Lindsay be recognized by one of the players at this year's Australian Open. She's barely been mentioned by our commentators here.

Lindsay always said that Serena was the friendlier and more outgoing of the two sisters. She could talk to Serena about fashion tips or gossip magazines, etc. They liked chatting about that kind of stuff together. But she said Venus was usually colder towards her and they never spoke much.
Her names not Aggasi or Sampras. :rolleyes:

joaco
Jan 17th, 2007, 02:05 AM
nice!!!! thanks Serena!

austennis
Jan 17th, 2007, 02:58 AM
its nice to see that some of the players can really become friends.. Lindsay, Serena, Venus, Alicia, Amelie, Kim, Martina all seem genuinly nice people and seem to friendly wit many of the players

austennis
Jan 17th, 2007, 02:58 AM
its nice to see that some of the players can really become friends.. Lindsay, Serena, Venus, Alicia, Amelie, Kim, Martina all seem genuinly nice people and seem to friendly wit many of the players

Jakeev
Jan 18th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Just saw that a poster asked about the Linsday/Martina "pact" they made not to let the sisters control everything way back when.

Ugh if that was not one of the most misconstrued moments in tennis.

Of all the players on tour, Lindsay was the most realistic and complimentary about the Williams sisters, even after they left after Wimbledon 2003 and then began to decline after they tried to comeback.

Lindsay never waivered about the talent they possessed.

And probably Lindsay's classiest moment ever in tennis was after losing to Venus in 2005 at Wimbledon.

Glad to see it was Serena who finally said something about Lindsay at Oz. To me that was very fitting.