PDA

View Full Version : Jelena Jankovic's Australian Open Blog

Vaidisova
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:17 PM
http://rs.warehousesports.com/tw/img/jelblogban.jpg

First day, main draw at the Australian Open! About 42,000 people came at the opening day. It was so crowded and everybody was so excited to start the tournament and enjoy some great tennis.

I was also so happy because this Grand Slam brings back memories from my first junior Grand Slam title and I am hungry to do well in the professional level as well. I got up around 9am and had a great breakfast with my mom and my sparing partner. We always enjoy and laugh a lot even though we just woke up! It's always nice to start the day with a smile on our faces!

We went to the site and I had good warm up for my match. I put on my new Reebok dress, the one I am only wearing which is nice, and I went and played my first round match against the Canadian, Wozniak. I played on show court 3 and the stadium was packed. I always enjoy playing in such an atmosphere and I think it motivates me to show and play my best tennis. First rounds are always the most difficult for me, you have to get used to the conditions, courts, etc. I won my match 6-3, 6-3. I didn't play great, but it was enough to win.

After my match I couldn't get through to my locker room because there were so many fans waiting for me to sign autographs and take pictures with them. I appreciate my fans and I signed as I many as I could. I had a lot of media requests such as interviews with Eurosport, ESPN, Star Sports... I don't like spending so much time in the player lounge because especially in the beginning of the tournament is full of people and very noisy.

When I finished all my obligations at the site we went back to the hotel and got ready for a nice Japanese restaurant. We went with some friends and enjoyed our evening. I feel very tired because I played a lot in these last couple of weeks. I won a tournament in Auckland and played finals in Sydney. I only had one day off so whenever I get a chance I like to rest and recover my body as much as I can! Tomorrow I am not playing and I hope that there will be some interesting things for me to write to you all!

Write to you soon!

Love,

Jelena
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/blogpage.html?ccode=JELENA001

sonnys
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:43 PM

~Kiera~
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Thanks, Vaidisova. Great to see she's doing another one :)

©@®eLess
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Her Us open blog was amazing....however she looks tired even by the way she writes this one down... Rest Jelena...get more wins and better entries in the blog :)

Just Do It
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:39 PM
nice :)

ViennaCalling
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Jelena :hearts: