PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone hear Maria swear?

Veritas
Jan 16th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Saw it close up on TV - mic and everything. It happened when a tennis ball fell out of Camille's skirt and the umpire (John Blom) had to order a replay of the point.

Maria said something like, "are you fucking kidding me?" :eek: :lol:

It sounded so cute, the way she swears :hearts:

Btw, temperatures at Melbourne were 39 degrees Celsius (102 degrees Fahrenheit). Court humidity would've been higher, so Maria's injury time-out was understandable. Props to her and Camille for fighting through to the end.

Hingiswinsthis
Jan 16th, 2007, 08:10 AM
yes she did. chris fowler only confirmed it even more. that def. brought back the days of Capriati. but hey, if ur playing in the 120 degree heat and u lost a close point, let the players vent.

I actually thought it was funny how casually she did it too :-)

Hachiko
Jan 16th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Yeah though I remember she appologised after with something like "sorry, but that's not right".

I got the impression she was a bit suprised she said it too.

SilK
Jan 16th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Yeah though I remember she appologised after with something like "sorry, but that's not right".

I got the impression she was a bit suprised she said it too.

I think that wasn't meant as an apoligy ;)

Right before that she said: 'You don't think she lost the point because the ball fell, did you?' or something along those lines.
After that she said: 'Sorry, but that's not right.'

:lol: it was funny though!

Hachiko
Jan 16th, 2007, 08:22 AM
I think that wasn't meant as an apoligy ;)

Right before that she said: 'You don't think she lost the point because the ball fell, did you?' or something along those lines.
After that she said: 'Sorry, but that's not right.'

:lol: it was funny though!

Oh are you sure? I thought it was the other way round.

Anyway, like it matters lol.

Veritas
Jan 16th, 2007, 08:26 AM
It was also funny how Maria thought they were playing a tie-break in the final set :lol:

Shimizu Amon
Jan 16th, 2007, 08:58 AM
Well I hope I can watch it in replay. Because it sounds hilarious :lol: .
But she kinda was stolen of the point as I came to understand. She won the point before the ball dropped. So she should've gotten the point. Perhaps a wrong decision by the umpire.

SilK
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Well I hope I can watch it in replay. Because it sounds hilarious :lol: .
But she kinda was stolen of the point as I came to understand. She won the point before the ball dropped. So she should've gotten the point. Perhaps a wrong decision by the umpire.

No no, she did not win the point before the ball dropped.
The ball fell from Pin's skirt at the exact moment Pin hit the ball (replay nicely showed that). The ball she hit went out once it landed on Maria's side. The umpire made the right decision.

MyskinaManiac
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:16 AM
yes she did. chris fowler only confirmed it even more. that def. brought back the days of Capriati. but hey, if ur playing in the 120 degree heat and u lost a close point, let the players vent.

I actually thought it was funny how casually she did it too :-)

LMAO... I've got Jen's 'F' bomb exposion on tape... it was the funniest thing I'd ever heard until now. They even beeped Maria out when they replayed it later.

UncleZeke
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:18 AM
yahoo mentioned it in their write-up of the match.

Veritas
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:20 AM
I guess you guys must've gotten the American replays of the match. When Channel 7 Australia aired it live, they didn't censor the F-bomb. We're getting more liberal with words these days - they even allow "shit" on prime-time radio :lol:

A_Skywalker
Jan 16th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Saw it close up on TV - mic and everything. It happened when a tennis ball fell out of Camille's skirt and the umpire (John Blom) had to order a replay of the point.

Maria said something like, "are you fucking kidding me?" :eek: :lol:

It sounded so cute, the way she swears :hearts:

Btw, temperatures at Melbourne were 39 degrees Celsius (102 degrees Fahrenheit). Court humidity would've been higher, so Maria's injury time-out was understandable. Props to her and Camille for fighting through to the end.

so you find cute that a girl uses sucj a words :rolleyes: ?

Veritas
Jan 16th, 2007, 10:54 AM

Lighten up :rolleyes:

I said the "way" she swore was cute.

Marcus1979
Jan 16th, 2007, 10:58 AM
I remember Jens F bomb in the 2002 Final

and funny thing is Martina got a code violation for raquet abuse or something

and they didn't say jack shit to Jen :lol:

Kunal
Jan 16th, 2007, 11:33 AM
the f word in need

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 16th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Yeah, she did even the closed caption on my TV came up with "Are you fucking kidding me?" :haha:

I wasn't sure if the caption made a mistake or she actually say it. It turned out true after all when I saw this thread :lol:

Becool
Jan 16th, 2007, 12:20 PM

After all, everything she does is cute..

I remember when Jen Cap swore, nobody found it cute..