PDA

View Full Version : Someone please explain Carillo's point to me?

Rocketta
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:45 AM
Why exactly did she mention the trial and how draining it was in contrast to Dechy and others being able to train or Hingis being able to come back? I don't think her point was that sometimes life and other things get you can't control get in your way? I don't get her point.....so some fan of her fill me in please on what did she mean exactly?

darrinbaker00
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:47 AM
Why exactly did she mention the trial and how draining it was in contrast to Dechy and others being able to train or Hingis being able to come back? I don't think her point was that sometimes life and other things get you can't control get in your way? I don't get her point.....so some fan of her fill me in please on what did she mean exactly?
What exactly did she say, Fair Maiden?

Hots4Safin
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:50 AM
I know right? that was so stupid.

She's just grabbing a chance to downplay Serena. She always does...after Serena beat Maria in 05 Carillo said Maria was still the better player but Serena just "competed hard." :confused:

Rocketta
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:53 AM
What exactly did she say, Fair Maiden?

she said while Serena was siting in a courtroom for 5 weeks (then she talked about the trial and how richard was found to have been negotiating a deal but that he didn't owe money) Dechy was in the Alps with Mauresmo training hard, Hingis was in florida training hard. It's why Hingis could come back because so many players aren't as fit as they should be and then MJ said something about consistency and Clijsters' injuries. I just don't understand how sitting in a courtroom and dealing with the stress of that has anything to do with any of that? :scratch:

Hawn
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:59 AM
I had no idea what Carillo was saying either. Perhaps that the sisters' outside commitments leave them no time to train. But honestly, it's not like they asked to be sued for breach of contract.:(

darrinbaker00
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:00 AM
she said while Serena was siting in a courtroom for 5 weeks (then she talked about the trial and how richard was found to have been negotiating a deal but that he didn't owe money) Dechy was in the Alps with Mauresmo training hard, Hingis was in florida training hard. It's why Hingis could come back because so many players aren't as fit as they should be and then MJ said something about consistency and Clijsters' injuries. I just don't understand how sitting in a courtroom and dealing with the stress of that has anything to do with any of that? :scratch:
Well, what else were they supposed to talk about? The nail-biter of a match between Hingis and Dechy? They were just filling time, Fair Maiden, so don't take it too seriously. ;)

Rocketta
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:14 AM
Well, what else were they supposed to talk about? The nail-biter of a match between Hingis and Dechy? They were just filling time, Fair Maiden, so don't take it too seriously. ;)

Oh they could've talked a little about Dechy and who she is since not many people in America know her? She could actually try to find out stuff about the players instead of the standard stuff that we've all heard a million times if she wants to add some color to her commentary but that's just me. :shrug: She could've concentrated on the type of training they were doing in the off season as opposed to who couldn't train. Here's a thought she could've actually talked about how Martina's game was over powering Dechy? :confused:

but the most important thing.......she could've made some sense when she was gap filling. :help:

Rocketta
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:15 AM
btw, Hablo I saw your post. :hehehe:

Hots4Safin
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Yeah she made no sense, and babbled. I mean basically she said Serena couldn't train while Dechy was training in the alps with Mauresmo...well Serena won 6-2 6-1 and Dechy lost 0-6 2-6. :wavey:

Rocketta
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:18 AM
I had no idea what Carillo was saying either. Perhaps that the sisters' outside commitments leave them no time to train. But honestly, it's not like they asked to be sued for breach of contract.:(

Yeah it's one of those A + B = F things. ;)

hablo
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:30 AM
btw, Hablo I saw your post. :hehehe:

Well, I don't know if I was making much sense, so I deleted it. I tune out Carillo alot and so I only catch bits of what she is saying anyway! :lol::o

She probably didn't do enough research on Dechy herself, so that would explain why she had to mention Serena. :p

PLP
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Yeah she made no sense, and babbled. I mean basically she said Serena couldn't train while Dechy was training in the alps with Mauresmo...well Serena won 6-2 6-1 and Dechy lost 0-6 2-6. :wavey:

:lol:

Oh Mary!

I don't have a problem with her really but I just TUNE HER OUT when she isn't talking about the actual match being played...which is practically all the time :lol:

tennnisfannn
Jan 16th, 2007, 07:06 AM
tracy last night whilst commentating on serena's match said her fitness would be a factor in the heat, guess she never expected a fit maria would be melting in the heat. When melbournes gets hot, anyone can melt in it.