PDA

View Full Version : Why do 99.9% of Williams fan dislike Maria?

JenCpLvr
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:54 AM
I have my suspicions why, but please someone enlighten me.

stevos
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:56 AM
I love Maria to death, but at the same time I consider myself a williams fan. Theres an exception for you. I guess I'm part of the 0.01%?

StarDuvallGrant
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:58 AM
How did you come up your figures? And what are your suspicisons?

morningglory
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:58 AM
Another Masha-Serena-Venus fan here... I assure you we are more than .01%:lol:

LudwigDvorak
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:59 AM
I assumed no one outside of Maria's mafia liked her much.

Marcus1979
I like both also ;)

darrinbaker00
Yuri Sharapov is :devil: , and Maria is his spawn. That's why I hate her.

tennisbum79
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:01 AM
I like Maria too!
Just saying that her performance woas not good does mean they dislike her.

This is have been said of other top players, Venus, Serena, Mauresmo,
JJH, Clijsters, Davenport.

Many posters, and not just Marias fans, are just to oversentitive to see , enjoy, appreciate other players.

Vacant
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:03 AM
99.9%? Hardly.

I find that a lot of Maria fans also dislike the WS. Why is that? Have any 'suspicions' about this trend? :weirdo: It works both ways you know.

Diesel
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:05 AM
:haha: When you get your answer enlighten me with why 99.9% of Justine fans dislike Serena? It must look really bad because its a known fact that 99.9% of Maria fans just love Serena to pieces :rolleyes:

-VSR-
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:05 AM
Why do 99.9% of Sharapova fan dislike Serena/Venus?

You tard.

Marcus1979
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:08 AM
and to have a dig at the author

most Jcap fans also dislike Serena ;)

Rocketta
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:10 AM
Damn, how did I miss voting in this scientific poll? :fiery: Surely had I had a chance to vote the percentage would've been 99.999%

SJW
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:12 AM
You know 99.9% of Williams fans? Awesome! :D

tennisbum79
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:13 AM
Damn, how did I miss voting in this scientific poll? :fiery: Surely had a had a chance to vote the percentage would've been 99.999%
LOL.

I got no call either.
And I have not registered in the DO-NOt-Call database.
Wait, I could in the 0.001/% who like Maria

JenCpLvr
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:15 AM
u guys are so petty.

no need for the stabs at me.

it was a vanilla question, valid and simple.

oh and btw, i'll agree that quite a few sharapova fans dislike the williams' as well. but, it's not my intent nor my job to address every concern you may have. i had one question worthy of an answer.

Diesel
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:16 AM
You don't give yourself enough credit Rocketta. Your vote would have been counted more than once, thus bringing this up to 100% to complete the generalization. You rock! :rocker:

Rocketta
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:17 AM
You don't give yourself enough credit Rocketta. Your vote would have been counted more than once, thus bringing this up to 100% to complete the generalization. You rock! :rocker:

I was going to say 100% but I didn't want to be too boastful! :o

darrinbaker00
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:17 AM
u guys are so petty.

oh and btw, i'll agree that quite a few sharapova fans dislike the williams' as well. but, it's not my intent nor my job to address every concern you may have. i had one question worthy of an answer.
Vanilla? Why can't it be a chocolate question? RACIST!! :fiery:

JenCpLvr
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:19 AM
Vanilla? Why can't it be a chocolate question? RACIST!! :fiery:

vanilla = simple and uncomplicated (in this context) you victim.

another one pullin the race card. shocker. :lol:

Rocketta
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:20 AM

actually, I think he saw that I don't like Maria and since I represent 99.9% of Williams fans that's where he got that statistic. :lol:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:21 AM
Naaah , Maria is the third sister

Rocketta
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:22 AM

and yet another post showing you are as dense as they come. :haha:

Diesel
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:23 AM
actually, I think he saw that I don't like Maria and since I represent 99.9% of Williams fans that's where he got that statistic. :lol:

Ah, the power of counting on one hand . So very accurate.:lol:

StarDuvallGrant
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:23 AM
u guys are so petty.

You lump Williams fans together and then call them petty :o . The audacity you have is amazing. You took a figurative stab at Williams fans by stating they hate Maria. What... was this an olive branch thread and the memo missed on being counted yay or nay towards Maria? As it is not your concern to even pretend to be fair or knowledgeable it's not any single Williams fans' concern to play nice when you don't either. Your question obviously wasn't worthy enough for that much.

Rocketta
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:24 AM
oh and btw, who exactly decided the question was worthy of an answer? Hmm, must be the same people who came up with the 99.9%? :scratch:

Rocketta
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:25 AM
Ah, the power of counting on one hand . So very accurate.:lol:

Yeah, kind of hard to mess up a count of one....um:tape: :unsure:

dreamgoddess099
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:26 AM
First, I wasn't aware that 99.9% of Williams fans dislike Maria, in fact I'm still not aware.:scratch: Secondly, could you explain why you feel Williams fans should be fans of Maria? I notice you didn't ask why Maria fans aren't fans of the Williams. Third, you don't need a reason to like one player more than another, you just do.

Diesel
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:28 AM
Yeah, kind of hard to mess up a count of one....um:tape: :unsure:

Stop being petty and take a bow :worship:

darrinbaker00
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:29 AM

I'll quit playing it when you quit dealing it..... ;)

JenCpLvr
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:29 AM
dense? is that b/c you intended your post to be a joke and i didn't take it that way? blah blah.
i have a wicked sense of humor and can certainly take a joke, given that it's not such a heavy topic and one rooted in controversy. inappropriate, bottom line.

and if it wasn't joke, honey you shouldn't question why people would be against you. to throw out such a loaded term when it is certainly not warranted, is going to win you many enemies. and enemies b/c of you, not your skin. learn the difference.

Rocketta
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:33 AM
Stop being petty and take a bow :worship:

Yeah, questioning a made up statistic is soooooooooooooo Petty but pulling a statistic out of your ass.......Priceless. :tape:

darrinbaker00
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:35 AM
dense? is that b/c you intended your post to be a joke and i didn't take it that way? blah blah.
i have a wicked sense of humor and can certainly take a joke, given that it's not such a heavy topic and one rooted in controversy. inappropriate, bottom line.

and if it wasn't joke, honey you shouldn't question why people would be against you. to throw out such a loaded term when it is certainly not warranted, is going to win you many enemies. and enemies b/c of you, not your skin. learn the difference.
If you truly aren't a racist, you wouldn't be so worried about some knucklehead on an Internet message board making a joke about you being a racist. That's how I see it, at least.

ceiling_fan
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:37 AM
lol it works both ways
and its definitely not 99.9%

im a williams fan and i like maria... oh wait, no i don't.
but doesn't have any correlation.

winone23
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:40 AM

I'm a Venus and Serena fan, I'm not a Maria fan, butI don't dislike her. I don't follow her at all and I certainty do not go into threads about her to bash and hate on her. Nor do I go into her threads looking to start trouble with her fans.

dreamgoddess099
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:41 AM

Considering that you don't have Maria in your sig either, we can gather that you dislike her. Enlighten us to your reason.

strictennis
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:45 AM
you don't have to be a williams' fan to dislike maria sharapova.
=)

dreamgoddess099
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:48 AM
I'm a Venus and Serena fan, I'm not a Maria fan, butI don't dislike her. I don't follow her at all and I certainty do not go into threads about her to bash and hate on her. Nor do I go into her threads looking to start trouble with her fans.

I agree. Personally, I'm only a fan of people who impress me. Venus and Serena do, therefore I'm a fan. It's very simple. Just call me a gem collector who loves rare gems. I find Venus and Serena to be the rarest of gems, but I have other favs too. Maria just never appealed to me. I'm sure the same can be said about the sisters when it comes to why some of Maria's and everybody else's fans don't like them.

JenCpLvr
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:49 AM
If you truly aren't a racist, you wouldn't be so worried about some knucklehead on an Internet message board making a joke about you being a racist. That's how I see it, at least.

unfair unfair unfair. but common. and a contributor the reason it still exists today. wrong accusations based on mere assumption.

imagine being labeled something by someone who's never met you. well, you probably have. and how does it feel? two wrongs don't make a right. learn and move on.

JenCpLvr
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:53 AM
Considering that you don't have Maria in your sig either, we can gather that you dislike her. Enlighten us to your reason.

I happen to notice a strong correlation btw Williams fans and haters of Maria.

I don't care for either very much, but I've noticed the dislike runs much longer and deeper for Williams fans vs. Maria rather than vice versa.

so to answer your question, no, i'm not a fan of either Maria or Serena, making my original question even more objective.

darrinbaker00
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:54 AM
unfair unfair unfair. but common. and a contributor the reason it still exists today. wrong accusations based on mere assumption.

imagine being labeled something by someone who's never met you. well, you probably have. and how does it feel? two wrongs don't make a right. learn and move on.
When it happens to me in real life, I deal with it. When it happens to me in cyberspace, I laugh it off. The sooner you learn the difference between the two, the better off you'll be.

iWill
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:03 AM
Im a hardcore WS fan and i dont dislike Maria......all the time at times she is very likeable but i do hate all the hype she received after she won wimbledon not because she beat Serena so much but because everyone was acting like she was the new goddess of the tennis world and was unbeatable when in reality she wasnt even close to it....... idk shes a good player and has proven to be a good top player but she wasnt the first to win a GS at the age of 17 (Serena) and she wont be the last shes just a good player and to be so overhyped was to me an insult to all the other top players who were doin it before she came along and still continue to do it but thats just my opinion

Rocketta
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:06 AM

Surely you jest? :lol:

Yeah that's bad when people label people they don't know....like you labeling 99.9 % of williams fans as haters of Maria without having met them.....or maybe you meant people shouldn't do that to you while you do it to others? :scratch:

Slumpsova
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:08 AM
i think no one likes Maria except her fans.

darrinbaker00
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:09 AM
Surely you jest? :lol:

Yeah that's bad when people label people they don't know....like you labeling 99.9 % of williams fans as haters of Maria without having met them.....or maybe you meant people shouldn't do that to you while you do it to others? :scratch:
Yep, that's probably it. ;)

Rocketta
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:10 AM

I don't care for either very much, but I've noticed the dislike runs much longer and deeper for Williams fans vs. Maria rather than vice versa.

so to answer your question, no, i'm not a fan of either Maria or Serena, making my original question even more objective.

hmmm, I happen to notice a strong correlation between your posts in this thread and manure so would I be accurate when I say you're full of shit? :confused:

Dominic
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:24 AM
I think most williams fans are dellusional and dont have much class. Just lookin at their replies in this thread, they seem to like bashing ppl and trying to look cool by being really bitchy to ppl. I mean the guy didnt insult anyone , he just asked a simple question. And he pointed out the fact that most ws fans dont like maria and that is true, and no its probably not 99,9% of them but who gives a f*ck. The morons who are like: did you meet all of them blah blah are really stupid and should get a life. I think we can still get what hes trying to say and if you dont have an answer than just shut the hell up.

mandy7
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:27 AM
I dn't think it's 99.9%, but if it is,
it's probably for the same reason 80% of the non-williams fan don't like maria either

tennisbum79
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:33 AM
I think most williams fans are dellusional and dont have much class. Just lookin at their replies in this thread, they seem to like bashing ppl and trying to look cool by being really bitchy to ppl. I mean the guy didnt insult anyone , he just asked a simple question. And he pointed out the fact that most ws fans dont like maria and that is true, and no its probably not 99,9% of them but who gives a f*ck. The morons who are like: did you meet all of them blah blah are really stupid and should get a life. I think we can still get what hes trying to say and if you dont have an answer than just shut the hell up.

I think you are off base.
Reading your post, I see a lot of frustration and I do not know.
I am not sure you have that much class either by your
sentence contruction, grammar the word you use.

But I am just a William who also happen to like Petrova, Maria, Hingis and others. So what do I know?

Dominic
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Yes I have alot of frustration indeed seeing all those ridiculous comments made against the guy who started the thread. Thats why I used not so classy words. Btw english is not my first language.

winone23
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:46 AM

I'm sick of people saying Williams fans are delusional. Most fans do have class!!!! The person who started this thread was being a prick to say that 99.9% of Williams fans don't like Maria. The person who started this thread should get a life b/c they were obviously out to start drama and you are also trying to start drama with this lame @ss post.

winone23
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:50 AM
Yes I have alot of frustration indeed seeing all those ridiculous comments made against the guy who started the thread. Thats why I used not so classy words. Btw english is not my first language.

It's funny that you can see the ridiculousness in the comments made to the first poster, but you can't see the ridiculousness of the dude's claim that 99.9% of Williams fans don't like Maria. I find that ridiculous!!!

dreamgoddess099
Jan 16th, 2007, 01:24 PM
According to your sig you are a Venus fan, therefore making you a Williams fans by WTAworld standards. So as a Williams fan, do you dislike Maria because YOU are a Williams fan?:rolleyes:

Liar, there is no proof Williams fans dislike Maria more than Maria fans dislike the Williams. True there are some Williams fans that dislike her, just like there are some Maria that dislike the Williams. But there certainly is no correlation to who they are fans of. Your just bitter that Jennifer is not playing and are trying to start shit between two of WTAworld biggest fanbases because you're bored. Why don't you answer why Jennifer fans couldn't stand Serena?

But like I said, you are a Venus fan, therefore making you a Williams fans by WTAworld standards. You're so silly you don't even know that you are generalizing yourself, just like people generalize anybody who likes either one of the Williams.

athake
Jan 16th, 2007, 01:34 PM
%99.9, it seems u made a piar :)

they dont like players have ability to pass Williams's in the number of GSs :))

Justine's a threat, so Maria also :)

pooh14
Jan 16th, 2007, 01:37 PM
how do u get this statistics from?

by obversing about 7-10 members from wtaworld?

volta
Jan 16th, 2007, 01:43 PM
%99.9, it seems u made a piar :)

they dont like players have ability to pass Williams's in the number of GSs :))

Justine's a threat, so Maria also :)
going by ur logic then we can assume that Justine and Maria fans don't like the Williams cuz they have more slams then their favs.

Oh thank you for the brilliant analysis.

vswfan
Jan 16th, 2007, 01:49 PM
I am a Williams fan but I like Maria too
I disliked Maria for her bad attitute in 2004 YEC and some words she said in 2005. But I think she is quite classy and nice now so I like her.

athake
Jan 16th, 2007, 01:50 PM
i cant talk for all justine and maria fans. For me, i dont dislike Serena and Venus, i dislike just some of their fans' behaviours...

volta
Jan 16th, 2007, 01:58 PM
i cant talk for all justine and maria fans. For me, i dont dislike Serena and Venus, i dislike just some of their fans' behaviours...

oh you cant talk for all justine and maria fans but u can talk for all the williams fans that don't like Maria or Justine...?!

that's nice

athake
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:11 PM
oh you cant talk for all justine and maria fans but u can talk for all the williams fans that don't like Maria or Justine...

that's nice

How can i talk for all williams fans in a serious manner?
i put smileys at the end, r u blind?

its better for u to stop this idiotic thing, its useless...

volta
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:19 PM
How can i talk for all williams fans in a serious manner?
i put smileys at the end, r u blind?

its better for u to stop this idiotic thing, its useless...

i wasnt aware that those smilies meant that u were being ironical my bad :)

Diesel
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:26 PM

:haha: I just remember when Venus was at Wimbledon 2005 and how Justine fans wanted her to lose so she wouldn't have more than Justine. Classless bunch you guys are.

athake
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:55 PM
:haha: I just remember when Venus was at Wimbledon 2005 and how Justine fans wanted her to lose so she wouldn't have more than Justine. Classless bunch you guys are.

i was not here in 2005 and not know anything about u mention, so why u quote me, confused homosapien...

Many things effect choices, every curled brained one knows that...

Diesel
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:04 PM
i was not here in 2005 and not know anything about u mention, so why u quote me, confused homosapien...

Many things effect choices, every curled brained one knows that...

:lol: you guys share so much with her.

!<blocparty>!
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Hehe.

It's really quite funny especially considering how alike Maria and Serena are, if you think about it. :lol:

JenCpLvr
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:04 PM
According to your sig you are a Venus fan, therefore making you a Williams fans by WTAworld standards. So as a Williams fan, do you dislike Maria because YOU are a Williams fan?:rolleyes:

Liar, there is no proof Williams fans dislike Maria more than Maria fans dislike the Williams. True there are some Williams fans that dislike her, just like there are some Maria that dislike the Williams. But there certainly is no correlation to who they are fans of. Your just bitter that Jennifer is not playing and are trying to start shit between two of WTAworld biggest fanbases because you're bored. Why don't you answer why Jennifer fans couldn't stand Serena?

But like I said, you are a Venus fan, therefore making you a Williams fans by WTAworld standards. You're so silly you don't even know that you are generalizing yourself, just like people generalize anybody who likes either one of the Williams.

This is just comical.

Because your related, does not make you one in the same. I happen to enjoy Venus' style of play much more and her personality is much more appealing to me than Serena.
So keep that 'wtaworld standards' crap.. they are different people and deserve to be liked by different kinds of people.

so you're first and third point are mute and truly make you look like an idiot.

oh and no, i'm certainly not bitter. i have plenty of other favorites, i just addressed something noticeable to me.

quit ya :bigcry: !!

KishG
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:09 PM
I love both of the Williams sisters and I do not hate Maria Sharapova or any other tennis player for that matter. I don't take tennis that seriously that I have to root against certain plyaers unless, of course, they are playing either Williams Sister.

Any true tennis fan would want every tennis player to be fit and healthy.

Rocketta
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:16 PM
This is just comical.

Because your related, does not make you one in the same. I happen to enjoy Venus' style of play much more and her personality is much more appealing to me than Serena.
So keep that 'wtaworld standards' crap.. they are different people and deserve to be liked by different kinds of people.

so you're first and third point are mute and truly make you look like an idiot.

oh and no, i'm certainly not bitter. i have plenty of other favorites, i just addressed something noticeable to me.

um, do you even bother to read your own posts? :haha: So now that someone pointed out that you claim to be a Venus fan they are different people but when you were trying to make unfounded generalizations well then Venus and Serena are apparantly the same because you didn't ask why Serena fans or why Venus fans do not like Maria....you asked why Williams fans etc.... Really try at least to bump up your troll game it's WEAK not to mention transparent. :lol:

LH2HBH
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:21 PM
I loved Venus first.

Then I fell in love with Maria.

I fell in like with Serena.

Now I love them in this order

#1 Maria
#2 Venus
#3 Serena

I was also really happy when Venus kicked Maria's ass at Wimbledon 2005.

I guess I don't think they're mutually exclusive, so I don't really fit into your description.

:wavey: :)

Shuji Shuriken
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:37 PM
What a fucktard thread :kiss: :) :hearts:...loves it :lick:

Pureracket
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Jencplvr,
I think you're witnessing an example about making false assumptions. Rocketta, Diesel, et. al. . . .are wearing your ass out up in here.

DAYUM!!!!!

Vlover
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:57 PM
[COLOR=navy]it's probably for the same reason 80% of the non-williams fan don't like maria either

Maybe we should consider this as a badge of honour that most people are mostly interested in our opinion than others.;)

Since my opinion is so valued here goes: If you mess with any of my girls you are automatically on my shit list. I have a "long" memory and I hold grudges.:devil: I don't like players who use "gamemanship" bordering on dishonesty to win matches. If your fave fullfill any of these requirements then consider me a "hater" with no apologies.:)

Pureracket
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Maybe we should consider this as a badge of honour that most people are mostly interested in our opinion than others.;)

Since my opinion is so valued here goes: If you mess with any of my girls you are automatically on my shit list. I have a "long" memory and I hold grudges.:devil: I don't like players who use "gamemanship" bordering on dishonesty to win matches. If your fave fullfill any of these requirements then consider me a "hater" with no apologies.:)Oh, you Williams Sisters fans think you're soooooo cool. . .LOL!!!!!

Volcana
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:18 PM
I have my suspicions why, but please someone enlighten me.Interesting stat. Could you please provide a link to the poll? Cause that's sure not my experience. Most Williams fans don't much care about Sharapova. We're too busy being concerned about the health of our faves.

dreamgoddess099
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:20 PM
This is just comical.

So keep that 'wtaworld standards' crap.. they are different people and deserve to be liked by different kinds of people. Your silliness continues. YOU were the one who ignorantly used the term "Williams fans," without knowing or defining what that term means. Whats a Williams fan to you, anybody that likes either one of the sisters or someone who likes them both?

so you're first and third point are mute and truly make you look like an idiot. You generalize only to accuse others of generalizing, then start a thread about people you claim you don't really care about, but I'm the idiot?:lol:

And others are just addressing something noticeable to them about you. You had no problem doing it yourself, you think you have rights that others don't? You truly are an arrogant ass.

You made the thread, you're the one doing the crying.

SoClose
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:25 PM
I adore Maria!

Dominic
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:35 PM
It's funny that you can see the ridiculousness in the comments made to the first poster, but you can't see the ridiculousness of the dude's claim that 99.9% of Williams fans don't like Maria. I find that ridiculous!!!

There is nothing ridiculous about that. That is the truth! And now dont come and say : no its actually 97,6% like everyone else is doing, what the guy is saying is that most ws fans dont like maria and he is damn right.

Kabezya
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Is it a requirement now that Williams fans like Maria?

tterb
Jan 16th, 2007, 07:00 PM
So I guess I've been on a bit of a posting hiatus, but this post deserves a :worship: :

hmmm, I happen to notice a strong correlation between your posts in this thread and manure so would I be accurate when I say you're full of shit?

Thanks for the :lol:, Rocketta!

tterb
Jan 16th, 2007, 07:19 PM
There is nothing ridiculous about that. That is the truth! And now dont come and say : no its actually 97,6% like everyone else is doing, what the guy is saying is that most ws fans dont like maria and he is damn right.

Let's review some rules concerning the proper way not to come across as a jackass:

1) Because you say something is true, does not make it so.

e.g. Where is the evidence that a vast majority of Williams fans do not like Sharapova? If that is indeed the case, this very thread has shown a rather disturbing number of exceptions, don't you think?

2) Your experiences and perspective may be different from that of others. Neither is necessarily right or wrong.

e.g. If you only read Maria Sharapova-related threads and see the same five Williams fans bashing her, there's a slight chance that you just might be getting an inaccurate representation of the entire Williams fanbase.

3) When making statements of opinion, qualifiers are your friends.

e.g. Instead of abrasive statements, try the following:
"In my experience, it seems like quite a few Serena* Williams fans don't much care for Maria Sharapova. Is there a reason for this?"

*Remember to define your terms, as well. Serena does not = Venus, and posters may be fans of one sister or both.

4) Sweeping generalizations may get you called out.

e.g. See Rocketta for examples.

Kart
Jan 16th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Why do 99.9% of Williams fans dislike Maria?

For the same reason why 99.9% of threads started in General Messages are solely intended to provoke serious debate on WTA related matters.

meyerpl
Jan 16th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Isn't that sort of like asking why 99.9% of the population of Pompei dislikes lava?

tterb
Jan 16th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Isn't that sort of like asking why 99.9% of the population of Pompei dislikes lava?
Well, sort of, but I think the Serena-Maria rivalry is a bit more even than the Pompei vs. lava rivalry was.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jan 16th, 2007, 08:10 PM
:lol:

rjd1111
Jan 16th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Its not Masha that I hate. Its the some “Over the top” fans and Media hype
that puts her on a pedestal she doesn't deserve yet. She may become
a great player but with 2 Slams 2 years apart and still losing to her
peers she ain't there yet. But if you aren't a serious Fan and only listened
to the Media you would think she is the greatest thing since Ice Cream.

PS Also lately She has shown some Justine-like behavior that will not
endear her to many fans.

.david.
Jan 16th, 2007, 08:44 PM
I love Maria and the Williams Sisters. I even like Nicole. Alot of ppl saying that thats impossible.

I like the way the play. Power Tennis, fighting spirit, glamour. They are very much alike yes but i dont see why thats a bad thing.