PDA

View Full Version : Are we going to see a thread about Maria applauding to Camille?

tenn_ace
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:10 AM
After Camille's name was announced?

:scratch:

~CANUCK~
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:21 AM
Not unless the haters can find a way to make her look evil for doing it.

madame_maria
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:22 AM
nah people here only care for bashing Maria, not applauding her :)

good job to Maria and Camille awesome match.

madame_maria
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:30 AM
nah people here only care for bashing Maria, not applauding her :)

good job to Maria and Camille awesome match.

JadeFox
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:34 AM
Oh dear, Maria wasn't applauding.

She was trying to swat a fly with both hands:p.

Natalicious
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:44 AM
Oh dear, Maria wasn't applauding.

She was trying to swat a fly with both hands:p.

:haha:

SelesFan70
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:48 AM
Haters:

"She wasn't clapping for Camille"
"It was a sarcastic clap"
"She thought they called her name"

:rolleyes:

I've been hard on Maria, especially after Miami/Golovin last year, but that was nice of her. :)

Rocketta
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:56 AM
I'm glad you able to break free from that mean person who tied your hands and prevented you and all Maria fans from making that thread. :clap2:

Or do you expect people who do not like Maria to start lovefest threads for Maria you know like you do in your mind don't do for the players you don't like? Exactly what's wrong with Maria fans that they can't do that for themselves? :scratch:

ceiling_fan
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:57 AM
it definitely looked out of place

firstly she's like straining her stomach and rocking back and forth
then she's like "clap clap clap"
back to it

darrinbaker00
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:00 AM
Maria IS evil. :devil:

jacobruiz
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:03 AM
I'm glad you able to break free from that mean person who tied your hands and prevented you and all Maria fans from making that thread. :clap2:

Or do you expect people who do not like Maria to start lovefest threads for Maria you know like you do in your mind don't do for the players you don't like? Exactly what's wrong with Maria fans that they can't do that for themselves? :scratch:

Hey Rocketta - careful you don't choke on all that bitterness!:wavey:

Natasc
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:04 AM

:haha: so true :haha:

stevos
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:04 AM

I'm so confused by this post. :confused:
Well, I would make one for another player, but I dont tend to make one in the first place for Maria (mainly out of laziness)
I think he's just trying to provide a contrast to all the hate she gets on here, and I support it :yeah:

starr
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:09 AM
That was a nice moment. I'm glad the camera caught it.

Pin deserved a big hand. Shr played tough. Maria had to go deep inside to win.

-VSR-
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:11 AM
Big deal.

Rocketta
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:16 AM
Hey Rocketta - careful you don't choke on all that bitterness!:wavey:

yeah that's it.....I'm bitter....and here I was thinking I had fun watching this match. :lol: However, thanks for letting me know.

Here's some advice for you.............take off the diapers and pull that pacifier out your mouth :baby: if you want a thread started about your fav doing something good then start it. However, this thread is just an attempt to lure the same people he's complaining about to come in.

So Yeah, the bitterness is eating me up whatever will I do that Maria won her match 9-7 in the third letting the whole field know that she can't handle the heat and on a hot day if you keep her out there she's vulnerable. How ever will I survive with such bitterness. :tears:

SelesFan70
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:17 AM
Big deal.

Well, when you're starting from zero for gamesmanship...it IS a big deal. :lol:

Rocketta
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:18 AM
I'm so confused by this post. :confused:
Well, I would make one for another player, but I dont tend to make one in the first place for Maria (mainly out of laziness)
I think he's just trying to provide a contrast to all the hate she gets on here, and I support it :yeah:

I think instead of starting a thread about Maria he wasted his time starting a thread about people who don't like Maria......a group who is more than happy to reitirate how much they don't like Maria or the commentators in this thread. :)

jacobruiz
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:22 AM
yeah that's it.....I'm bitter....and here I was thinking I had fun watching this match. :lol: However, thanks for letting me know.

Here's some advice for you.............take off the diapers and pull that pacifier out your mouth :baby: if you want a thread started about your fav doing something good then start it. However, this thread is just an attempt to lure the same people he's complaining about to come in.

So Yeah, the bitterness is eating me up whatever will I do that Maria won her match 9-7 in the third letting the whole field know that she can't handle the heat and on a hot day if you keep her out there she's vulnerable. How ever will I survive with such bitterness. :tears:

Thanks for proving my point.:yeah:

GoDominique
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:25 AM

Sweetie, Maria will be fine. :hug:

Serena (yes, Serena!) let the whole field know in 2003 that she can't handle slices and dices from a little Frenchwoman and yet she ended up winning the tournament.

Why can't Maria do the same? Always be optimistic. :)

tenn_ace
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:27 AM

just be happy he/she hasn't yet brought any race card into this thread:worship: :p

Rocketta
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:29 AM

Your Welcome and Thank you for providing the entertainment. :clap2:

Tell me have you managed to actually start a thread congratulating Maria's actions yet? :D

Rocketta
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:32 AM
just be happy he/she hasn't yet brought any race card into this thread:worship: :p

I don't need to, I have you for that just like I have you to start threads about people not liking Maria on this board so I don't have to. Kudos! :cool:

jacobruiz
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:34 AM
Your Welcome and Thank you for providing the entertainment. :clap2:

Tell me have you managed to actually start a thread congratulating Maria's actions yet? :D

When did I say anything about making a thread?:confused: But the thread thing sure has got you riled up.:lol:

Rocketta
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:38 AM
When did I say anything about making a thread?:confused: But the thread thing sure has got you riled up.:lol:

um, keep up....this thread is about people not starting a thread about Maria is it not? :cuckoo:

wow, you sure are a good judge of character......:unsure:

only people riled up are the thread starter and you the bitter-o-meter....:lol: You would fit right in with The Psychic Friends Network....... :yeah:

Vacant
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:08 AM
Didn't she clap at the fact they said the roof was coming into use rather than at Pin's name?

starr
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:45 AM
Didn't she clap at the fact they said the roof was coming into use rather than at Pin's name?

No.

SilK
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:00 AM

Yes.

The Chair Umpire was talking to the crowd and telling them they will have a 20 minute break because the roof was about to get closed.

Sorry to all the Maria fans, but that is what happened. The Chair Umpire was talking to the crowd when at the moment this thread is about. Later the STADIUM SPEAKER announced both Sharapova and Pin's names, but the camera wasn't at either player at that time.

Sharapova clapped again when the stadium speaker repeated that the roof was going to be closed.

Never did Sharapova clap for Camille. She did, however, seemed to really respect Pin's performance when they shook hands at the net. So make a postive thread about that, since that IS a fact.

Slumpsova
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:16 AM
not necessary :p

~CANUCK~
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:39 AM
Yes.

The Chair Umpire was talking to the crowd and telling them they will have a 20 minute break because the roof was about to get closed.

Sorry to all the Maria fans, but that is what happened. The Chair Umpire was talking to the crowd when at the moment this thread is about. Later the STADIUM SPEAKER announced both Sharapova and Pin's names, but the camera wasn't at either player at that time.

Sharapova clapped again when the stadium speaker repeated that the roof was going to be closed.

Never did Sharapova clap for Camille. She did, however, seemed to really respect Pin's performance when they shook hands at the net. So make a postive thread about that, since that IS a fact.

Thats not what we saw on ESPN, even the commentators on ESPN said she was clapping for Pin when they announced her name.

myxomatosis
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:49 AM
Thats not what we saw on ESPN, even the commentators on ESPN said she was clapping for Pin when they announced her name.Ahhh but why let the truth get in the way? :lol: Everyone knows Maria couldn't possibly do anything nice for her opponents. Ever.

SilK
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:06 AM
Thats not what we saw on ESPN, even the commentators on ESPN said she was clapping for Pin when they announced her name.

Well, I saw it live on Eurosport. And I saw the exact re-run just now again on Eurosport. So maybe ESPN did some nice editing work? :shrug:

And really, who cares? I am not bashing Maria. I think it was very clear that Maria had great respect for the way Camille played and showed that. Even if she did or did not clap for her.

Yasmine
Jan 16th, 2007, 07:36 AM
all that because the camera caught Maria clapped her hands for a reason noone is sure of yet :rolls: very entertaining thread I must admit :devil:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 16th, 2007, 07:40 AM
:clap2:

SilK
Jan 16th, 2007, 07:45 AM
all that because the camera caught Maria clapped her hands for a reason noone is sure of yet :rolls: very entertaining thread I must admit :devil:

Just put a camera on the girl and you got a great thread for everybody's entertainment. :p

Princeza
Jan 16th, 2007, 07:47 AM
we dont care, most important is that she won

ioni
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:13 AM
:clap2:

i think is more like :bigclap:

Andy.
Jan 16th, 2007, 11:35 AM
It was a nice touch and it showed respect for an opponent that just wouldnt give up today.

TonyP
Jan 16th, 2007, 01:24 PM
You have to give Maria credit. Her back was against the wall and she pulled out the victory.

I also liked the way she handled herself in the news conference. She didn't whine about the playing conditions or let the press coax her into calling for the match to have been stopped so they could close the roof.

Actually, outside of her screeching, I found nothing but signs of a strong character in her peformance.

Well done to both Maria and Pin.