PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova's ''INJURY TIME-OUT''

OZTENNIS
Jan 16th, 2007, 01:48 AM
The horrible girl has taken an injury time at at 6-5 in the third set just to rob Camille of her momentum!:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

tenn_ace
Jan 16th, 2007, 01:50 AM
sue her.

akosiirwyn
Jan 16th, 2007, 01:51 AM
no. she took camille's momentum away by holding serve and THEN calling the injury timeout, but it didn't happen

Leo_DFP
Jan 16th, 2007, 01:52 AM
:lol:

Yes, she showed a little gamesmanship taking 13-14 minutes between the 2nd and 3rd sets when she only should have been allowed 10. And the injury timeout was very long. However, it's gamesmanship that A LOT of players do on the tour these days. So I don't blame Maria, I blame the rules that need to be changed desparately.

tommystar
Jan 16th, 2007, 01:54 AM
She plays for a Golden Globe tonight

floco
Oh well.... I wasnt surprised AT ALL.

tennisbear7
I think that Maria is a very fierce but fair competitor.

Jorn
Jan 16th, 2007, 01:56 AM
Maria is heat sick and she'll lose it...

cartmancop
Jan 16th, 2007, 01:58 AM
As much as it looks like a foul move by Maria, she's totally within the rules as they stand. This is a problem that practically every close match encounters these days it seems...Definitely something needs to be done, b/c until it does players will be sure to take advantage, they'd be stupid not to in some cases...

Leo_DFP
Jan 16th, 2007, 01:58 AM

lol, I think you're right!

LindsayRulz
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:01 AM

:lol:

ceiling_fan
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:15 AM
hmm yeah that was pretty cheap..

Maria Croft
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:19 AM
If she wanted to do it because she wanted to throw Pin off her game she would have done it at 5-4.

adam_ads_n
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:39 AM
Well...She might have problems, or might not. There are 2 things - one can defend Masha, and 2nd will surely can make her look bad:

1/ Just after she came back, she served 182 km/h - Polish commentators admitted it's just impossible to do that after stomach problems. Both played proffesional tennis in their life.
2/ Maria made some Unforced errors with easy shots, and what's more noticeable - she stopped shrieking!. So she might have problems ;)

streag
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:05 AM
Just imagine yourself in that sort of situation. Would you refuse to take a break when it is well within the rules? It's totally believable that the break was justified. In such heat and stress it's almost impossible to feel ok even if you're trained athlete.

Brooklyn90
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:07 AM
it's not like it's her fist time doing this, nothings new.

-VSR-
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:13 AM
This was my favorite part, along with the Pin choking while serving for the match. Sharapova planned this one good!

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:17 AM
she was definitely hurting its not look it came out of nowhere she was holding her hip at the back of the court a few times early in the 3rd set

jankovic_fan
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:22 AM
I agree, that injury timeout was suspicious. I think she needed a break from the heat.

Brooklyn90
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:24 AM
I agree, that injury timeout was suspicious. I think she needed a break from the heat.

well she took a 13 minute heat break after the second set, that should have been enough.

bellascarlett
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:27 AM
Didn't Maria ask for the trainer just before her service game after having not held previously two times in a row???? :scratch:

Diesel
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:32 AM
Unless they change the rules, she was within limits.

50Sense
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:34 AM
well she took a 13 minute heat break after the second set, that should have been enough.

Hardly.

If it's 120 + degrees on court, you can't just take a 15 minute break and consider that to be "enough".

Yeah, I do think Maria didn't choose a good spot to take the timeout, but that could have had MUCH worse consequences if she wouldn't have taken the timeout. When it's that hot outside and you feel faint, you have to get help on the spot.

sawan66278
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:09 AM
The real point is this: the rule with respect to injury timeouts HAS TO BE CHANGED. Maria was experiencing pain because of lack of fitness. Plain and simple. Fitness, and the problems that accompany the lack thereof, are part of the game. If you cannot compete, do not play. Plain and simple.

Leo_DFP
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:17 AM
Hardly.

If it's 120 + degrees on court, you can't just take a 15 minute break and consider that to be "enough".

Yeah, I do think Maria didn't choose a good spot to take the timeout, but that could have had MUCH worse consequences if she wouldn't have taken the timeout. When it's that hot outside and you feel faint, you have to get help on the spot.

Well the men don't get to take breaks at all, whether it's 10 or 15 or 2 minutes. And they play best of 5. What makes them better prepared to deal with the heat than the women? Bottom line is that Maria should have stuck to the rules.