PDA

View Full Version : Camille Pin bashing??

floco
Jan 16th, 2007, 01:24 AM
I noticed this has become a habit on this board to make fun of Pin... and to be honest I had never seen her play until today, but I got to say its seems really unfair to me.
Yes her service is slow and she lacks some power, but overall I think she DOES have some weapons, can hit some good forehands for example.
I mean I think she does deserve her ranking. Didnt she prove it today anyway...

croat123
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:35 AM
i stook up for her last time she was bashed

Hawn
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:49 AM
It seems her strength is ball direction and taking the ball on the rise.

eck
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:52 AM
I'm not entirely sure why people bash her, but I'm sure she's earn most of the respect here after that match she's played.
She's a really nice woman, gave little kids some tennis balls she practised with last year at AO
I hope the year would be a good one for her, cause she really deserves it.

MakarovaFan
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:11 AM
Yea i have always been in her defense,even when she was thrashed by serena in her only other two "tv"matches;i feel sad though cuz she's had some rough slam losses:1rd 04 US Hantuchova 1/6,7/6(5),7/6(9) had 3 match points,1rd 06 US Loit 5/7,6/4,7/6(4) 2 match points and now to Sharapova 6/3,4/6,9/7!!!

felipe2004
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:14 AM
I had never seen her play and I have to say that I was VERY surprised to see how good she played, after all those comments that were said here numerous times. I mean, she has a terrible serve and she lacks power, but she is an excellent mover, really quick, and has a good forehand down the line. And damn, even after two and a half hours under extreme heat, she kept running and running, returning all the balls, and almost beat the #1 seed in a Grand Slam. She earned a lot of respect from me and from a lot of people on this board today.

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:14 AM
she desrves her ranking and showed alot today but tbh the only reason this match went that long was cause of the horror play by Sharapova

but i dont see why she gets bashed :shrug:

piercerocks
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:21 AM
i saw her play loit at US Open.. definitely room to improve.

she's gotten alot of confidence from this sharapova match
.. camille is really nice though i listened to her on the auckland podcast

go camille!

Marcus Jordan
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:23 AM
Pin is the cutest player on the tour :)

Greenout
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:34 AM
I noticed this has become a habit on this board to make fun of Pin... and to be honest I had never seen her play until today, but I got to say its seems really unfair to me.
Yes her service is slow and she lacks some power, but overall I think she DOES have some weapons, can hit some good forehands for example.
I mean I think she does deserve her ranking. Didnt she prove it today anyway...

The bashing was started by a certain fanbase of an American player. But that's normal for them, they ridicule players that lose or attempt to try hard in beating their favorite.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:39 AM
didnt you know that any player who doesnt hit hard is completely useless according to some on this board :o

franny
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:39 AM
The bashing was started by a certain fanbase of an American player. But that's normal for them, they ridicule players that lose or attempt to try hard in beating their favorite.

Who did she beat?

stevos
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:58 AM
I definitely have a new-found respect :D

souam
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:19 AM
She's fantastic! :D Bashing her is the most gratuitously hateful & stupidest thing ever...:rolleyes:

southpaw58
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:21 AM
i have more respect for her. I was a basher. She def held her own and I sorta wish she won that. Kudos to her though for fighting that hard

Leo_DFP
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:22 AM
She will never be bashed again on this board. She can run run run and hit the ball so early on the rise! I was very impressed.

darrinbaker00
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:26 AM
She will never be bashed again on this board. She can run run run and hit the ball so early on the rise! I was very impressed.
As long as Camille Pin has a serve that's timed with a sundial and can't break through a paper bag, I will continue to bash her. :devil:

-sugi-
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:40 AM
Along with like 3 or 4 others, I am one of the biggest Camille Pin supporters and have liked her for about 2 years. But today, I think she will get more respect from fans. Ok, she hasn't got much of a serve or powerful, but I often find it nicer to watch players like Camille who are a bit different and not the normal power hitter type of player.
I watched the end of the match as I missed it all :o and it was really nice to see even though she lost, Camille still went to sign autographs for the fans, Camille is a very nice girl and I am glad I am a fan of her and stuck with her despite the bashing and tough moments.

MistyGrey
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Camille Pin rocks! :worship:

MistyGrey
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:00 AM
As long as Camille Pin has a serve that's timed with a sundial and can't break through a paper bag, I will continue to bash her. :devil:

You can continue being an ass :wavey:

darrinbaker00
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:03 AM
You can continue being an ass :wavey:
I can? Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!! :bounce:

MistyGrey
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:11 AM
:lol:

Привет
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Camille played very well, she unsettled Maria with her shots by taking them on the rise. Her serve is laughable, but even with it she managed to challenge the top seed. It was great to see her signing autographs for the fans after a loss, something I'm sure isn't seen often. The crowd really got behind her.

hingisGOAT
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:42 AM
good for pin to shut up some of the idiotic tennis "fans" on this board. she has a sound defensive game and is way more fun to watch than some robot like sprem or mirza hitting the net every single shot.

bionic71
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:53 AM
A player like Pin can be incredibly effective against a hard hitter....players like Sharapova enjoy a consistent hard ball, allowing them to develop a groove and find a range and rhythm. Pin varies pace and depth effectively...she makes things very awkward for a hard hitter.....

Her serve is indeed weak in pace, but as any reasonable tennis player will know, a slow delivery can be tricky to return. I would much rather return a serve fired at me with some pace than one that dribbles over the net with nothing on it....they can be diabolical to control especially if you are not feeling the ball well.

Against the very best of the big hitters Pin is usually going to come off second best...however her game can cause nightmares for players who rely on absorbing pace to gain their own power and range.

Those who "bash" Pin obvioulsy have very little understanding of the game of tennis at all and the adjustments that need to be made to counter an opponents game.

Reuchlin
Jan 16th, 2007, 07:05 AM
I think she was voted worst player to ever make it into the top 100 (all time) by this board.
The truth is that the only time that these players really get covered is when they're playing Serena, Davenport or Sharapova-- a lot of players look really bad playing them!

per4ever
Jan 16th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Camille deserves no bashing at all.. it's amazing what this little girl is doing :bounce:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 16th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Maybe now people will get off her ass :p

LUXXXAS
Jan 16th, 2007, 07:42 AM
I've changed my opinion about her totally :bowdown:

Becool
Jan 16th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Well I respect her, but seriously.. her game lacks a lot of things.. I believe it was her fighting attitude that almost beat Sharapova..

wateva
Jan 16th, 2007, 11:53 AM
i saw her last time in aust open too.
she was just simply blown off by lindsay. thus, i had a thought that she's not really a good tennis player.
but today, she showed true grit and was really brave against maria.
i've gained new respect for her now! go pin! :)

hwanmig
Jan 16th, 2007, 12:06 PM
I've never seen Camille play before this match so I kinda felt guilty after the match because my notions about her were totally wrong. I hope she has a good season.

"Sluggy"
Jan 16th, 2007, 12:24 PM
I've had a lot of experience watching Camille play tennis. going back 5 or 6 years now. She hits the ball very soft, but it's hard for the girls to know how to react to a flat dying ball. the want to kill it. Camille runs for all balls and gets everything back. her serve is very slow, but she manages, and she climbed up in the ranks. she is close friends with Arnaud Clément and interestingly they both made majour progress last year. Please, let's stay off Camille, she almost beat Serena last year, she beat Dinara and othe top 20 players, let's give her hand for making the best of her at best 'limited tools'.

Cilla
Jan 16th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Is it me, or is it that everytime I see Pin's name in the 1st rnd of a slam she's playing one of the big guns like Shara, Serena, Mauresmo...etc. She seems to be very unlucky with her draws. She's a fighter, and so cute :hug:

tobi
Jan 16th, 2007, 10:51 PM
A player like Pin can be incredibly effective against a hard hitter....players like Sharapova enjoy a consistent hard ball, allowing them to develop a groove and find a range and rhythm. Pin varies pace and depth effectively...she makes things very awkward for a hard hitter.....

Her serve is indeed weak in pace, but as any reasonable tennis player will know, a slow delivery can be tricky to return. I would much rather return a serve fired at me with some pace than one that dribbles over the net with nothing on it....they can be diabolical to control especially if you are not feeling the ball well.

Against the very best of the big hitters Pin is usually going to come off second best...however her game can cause nightmares for players who rely on absorbing pace to gain their own power and range.

Those who "bash" Pin obvioulsy have very little understanding of the game of tennis at all and the adjustments that need to be made to counter an opponents game.

Very true

Morrissey
Jan 16th, 2007, 11:02 PM
She REALLY choked that match yesterday. She should of taken more time between serves. Its such a shame she doesn't have a serve. If Camille had a serve she would of WON yesterday. Its such a shame because it would of been nice to see Sharapova out.

Tylane
Jan 16th, 2007, 11:20 PM
I've had a lot of experience watching Camille play tennis. going back 5 or 6 years now. She hits the ball very soft, but it's hard for the girls to know how to react to a flat dying ball. the want to kill it. Camille runs for all balls and gets everything back. her serve is very slow, but she manages, and she climbed up in the ranks. she is close friends with Arnaud Clément and interestingly they both made majour progress last year. Please, let's stay off Camille, she almost beat Serena last year, she beat Dinara and othe top 20 players, let's give her hand for making the best of her at best 'limited tools'.

She was long time's Clement's Girlfriend. It seems they broke up some months ago.