PDA

View Full Version : Tired of frumpy, unattractive TV commentators!

barmaid
Jan 15th, 2007, 11:37 PM
While I'm looking forward to seeing some spectacular tennis on the AO courts I can't help but comment on the three "old hags" that are again offering up comments from the booth...Mary Jo Fernandez (for God's sake Mary cut your hair...the "hippie era" is over:p Mary Carillo has cut her hair but she must have had it "hacked" by a nearby "Bushman"...not looking good Mary:rolleyes: and Pam Schriver looks so matronly...they should enlist her in the new "Make-over show!:eek:

barmaid:wavey:

Marcus1979
Jan 15th, 2007, 11:39 PM
u don't see our commentators much just hear em :lol:

!<blocparty>!
Jan 15th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Whining about commentator looks... that's a new one. :weirdo:

Martian Stacey
Jan 15th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Dunno what its like in the US, but here you might see the commentators once or twice in a match (if at all) so I hardly think their looks are relevant. I would rather listen to someone who's not very attractive who has a lot of knowledge about the sport, then someone who is nice to look at but doesn't know a damn thing

Equipped
Jan 16th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Indeed! I want my tennis commentators to be six-foot tall supermodels! I want the same of my government leaders! They should all look like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie! I also want all authors, journalists, teachers, waitresses, mailmen, florists, and, yes, professional athletes to be utterly gorgeous! I care nothing of substance! Give me style! Throw all of those who are average-looking-but-good-at-their-job to the lions!

:rolleyes:

darrinbaker00
Jan 16th, 2007, 12:15 AM
While I'm looking forward to seeing some spectacular tennis on the AO courts I can't help but comment on the three "old hags" that are again offering up comments from the booth...Mary Jo Fernandez (for God's sake Mary cut your hair...the "hippie era" is over:p Mary Carillo has cut her hair but she must have had it "hacked" by a nearby "Bushman"...not looking good Mary:rolleyes: and Pam Schriver looks so matronly...they should enlist her in the new "Make-over show!:eek:

barmaid:wavey:
Even though I have never seen you before, I can say with 100 percent certainly that Ms. Fernandez, Ms. Carillo and Ms. Shriver are all infinitely more beautiful than you are.

vogus
Jan 16th, 2007, 12:31 AM
I would rather listen to someone who's not very attractive who has a lot of knowledge about the sport, then someone who is nice to look at but doesn't know a damn thing

taking that thought one step further:

I would rather listen to someone who is nice to look at but doesn't know a damn thing, than someone who's not very attractive who doesn't know a damn thing either.

:p

Martian Stacey
Jan 16th, 2007, 12:44 AM
taking that thought one step further:

I would rather listen to someone who is nice to look at but doesn't know a damn thing, than someone who's not very attractive who doesn't know a damn thing either.

:p
:lol: good one ;) Unfortunately in Aus we only really seem to have the later variety :p

Marcus1979
Jan 16th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Stacy we have Darren Cahill and Tracy Austin on occasions ;)

Martian Stacey
Jan 16th, 2007, 01:00 AM
Stacy we have Darren Cahill and Tracy Austin on occasions ;)
I haven't heard Cahill yet ;)

We only get Tracy for the AO... for the other slams we have to put up with the likes of Fred Stolle and Kerryn Pratt :yawn: