PDA

View Full Version : Does Madison Brengle Have A Chance Against Patty?

iPatty
Jan 15th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Has anyone ever seen her play? Can she push Patty at all?

My vote is no. :lol:

pierce0415
Jan 15th, 2007, 09:52 PM
I have no idea who this girl is and she has probably never played anyone like Patty

Patty bagels her and then wins 2nd set 62

but Patty better watch out for Peng

Derek.
Jan 15th, 2007, 09:55 PM
No, she doesn't have much of a chance.

Slumpsova
Jan 15th, 2007, 10:07 PM
i think Patty is in a slump.
Madison in 3 sets.

Slumpsova
Jan 15th, 2007, 10:10 PM
BTW it's weird that AO organizer awarded WC to her. if they want to give it to some American youngster, it's supposed to be Albanese or Weinhold :shrug:

switz
Jan 15th, 2007, 10:18 PM
i think Patty is in a slump.
Madison in 3 sets.

:lol: so a slump is defined as losing a tough match to one of the most talented young players on tour now? That's pretty funny. Seem to remember Patty making the semis of Linz in her last tournament of the year losing 7-5, 7-5 to an invincible Sharapova and then beating one top 5 player in her first match of the year and then losing to a player who is undefeated this year in three tough sets. Horrible slump.

And remember Patty has a pretty terrible record at this tournament - only 1 semi and two quarters in the last 3 years :o

She has no chance against a 16 year old who has never played on tour before.

switz
Jan 15th, 2007, 10:19 PM
BTW it's weird that AO organizer awarded WC to her. if they want to give it to some American youngster, it's supposed to be Albanese or Weinhold :shrug:

USTA decides who gets the US wildcard.

Viktymise
Jan 15th, 2007, 10:21 PM
:shrug: what does she even play like

alwayshingis
Jan 15th, 2007, 10:26 PM

Brengle won the playoff for the WC

iPatty
Jan 15th, 2007, 10:52 PM
I have no idea who this girl is and she has probably never played anyone like Patty

Patty bagels her and then wins 2nd set 62

but Patty better watch out for Peng

I'm dreading that matchup. My two faves battling it out in a match that's important in both of their careers.

For Patty, she needs to have a good result here to have a chance to maintain her top ten status.

For Peng, it's about time she had a breakthrough at a major. A win like this would do wonders for her.

*JR*
Jan 16th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Since when is Patty Predictable? :scratch:

selyoink
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:51 AM
I would say no. It would be a huge surprise if she won.

SelesFan70
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:54 AM
Which Patty is showing up? :tape:

Patty version 3.0 wins in 3 sets 1-6, 7-6, 6-2 :tape: