PDA

View Full Version : Is Serena Williams really in shape?

JenCpLvr
Jan 15th, 2007, 07:29 PM
*This is not a derogatory post, first and foremost.*

Serena's midsection looks pretty good, but she seems to have retained quite a bit of weight in her face and lower body. I know she has very large legs, but they seem bigger now than ever.

Maybe she didn't lose weight in all areas when she got in better shape, or maybe she's just not in great shape?

what do you guys think? I'd like to see Serena in great shape so that she can begin making if further in draws again consistently and giving the top a run for their money.. tennis is much more exciting when the best in the world battle it out, even if they're not all your favorites.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 15th, 2007, 07:33 PM
She's got work to do, everyone does, but that being said, she's MILES better than AO last year, and if she can keep playing, I have to believe, wins, losses, and all, that she'll be close to ready by RG.

Diesel
Jan 15th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Serena's not coming in the shape she needs to be. She could, should have been in better shape but if she's commited the way she claims she is then this is a good start for later down the line and making a real run at the season.

tennisbum79
Jan 15th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Hopefully, if she commits to a regular schedule which requires regular practice and match play , she will get trimmer.
But we do not really know at this point.

I must say the dress is more flatering to her than wearinf 2-piece outfit of skirt and top

Craigy
Jan 15th, 2007, 07:39 PM
There has been an improvment since last year anyway...

Gooner
Jan 15th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Well her performance today showed she is in much better shape then she was a year ago this time, but will she be able to sustain this through the heat and the increased pressures of playing better competition in the rounds to come.

-VSR-
Jan 15th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Serena always plays well in the heat, or she used too. I believe she is moving better than at the US Open.