PDA

View Full Version : Very interesting

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jan 15th, 2007, 02:53 PM
I rarely come into General Messages anymore since Venus and Serena have had lackluster (if any) performances in their events.

Once there is a glimmer of hope - as in last night's match - the SAME detractors from years past come in and try to diminish the performance in the most subtle ways.

It makes me happy because then apparently they realize Serena has somewhat improved if they are starting to get nervous again.

-just very interesting to me-

:)

Slumpsova
Jan 15th, 2007, 03:05 PM
i know :D

Rocketta
Jan 15th, 2007, 03:30 PM
true dat.. :cool:

sweetpeas
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:04 PM
so true~!

Vlover
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE]It makes me happy because then apparently they realize Serena has somewhat improved if they are starting to get nervous again.

After watching the match last night I do understand their fear.;) If Serena continues working and becomes more consistent and reliable with her shots then their hopeful wishes for their faves are in jeopardy.

I basically just hope for healthy fit bodies for both sisters then I have no doubt that the rest will fall into place.

Petersmiler
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:54 PM
I think you'll find it happens with all the top players.

Mother_Marjorie
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:57 PM
I think you'll find it happens with all the top players.

Yeah, especially the top two players in the world, Justine and Maria. Serena isn't that special in that regard.

Again, its all just another "cry wolf" scenario that we've seen so many times before here. And its just the first round of the Australian Open.

I just wonder how much more retarded things will get here by Wimbledon.

hotandspicey
Word! Serena 'disappointed' a whole lot of people last night.:lol:

tenn_ace
go Serena :bounce:

Paneru
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Speak it! :cool:

I watched the match with one of my buds whom isn't
a tennis fan, but adores Serena's....."assets" ;) . Anyways,
we both were laughing at the amount of hating Chris Fowler
was doing before the match and early on and then like clockwork
was changing his tune. Yet, you saw the subtle jabs he still took
at her despite how well she was doing, which was far better than
all the bs that was being spouting by them and others prior.

I love it now how haters are trying to make it as if Santangelo lost
the match. Yet, if Serena had lost and played as poorly as Santangelo
supposedly played(that apart from what her 'usual' gifts are, whatever
they suppossedly are') and uttered the words they are, they'd be raking
her over the coals "delusional", "arrogant", ect....

Boy I tell you, HYPOCRITES to the 1st! :o

Yet whatever, Serena served up the best revenge, she
let her game do what it do baby! ;)

tenn_ace
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:07 PM
well, I'm known as Serena hater, but I'm not one of those who fears her full comeback. In fact, I'd be very happy if she gets back to the top 10. She's obviously a personality tennis needs. My problem with Serena has always been not so much her, but her fans (at least on this board). So, I'm hoping that the last couple of years made them more humble. If this is the case (and there are clear signs of it), we will definitely get along very well.

hotandspicey
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Yeah, especially the top two players in the world, Justine and Maria. Serena isn't that special in that regard.

Again, its all just another "cry wolf" scenario that we've seen so many times before here. And its just the first round of the Australian Open.

You really need to get over yourself with your constant sarcastic digs and innuendos, about everything, Venus and Serena. you need to stop with the bs. You are such a hypocrite. you anger over anyone saying anything negative about Justine,(especailly about her "personal reasons' for not being at AO) yet you are constantly attacking Venus and Serena in your sneaky, underhanded way.

starin
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:13 PM
did FOwler do the Serena match!? gawd i hate fowler .... i really hope he doesn't do anymore matches ... he doesn't know anything

Nicjac
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Gee, doesn't matter what someone says about the past two years but Venus and Serena dominated the sport for a long time and are not HOF-candidates but HOF-guarantees.

If you love the sport you must admire what these two brought to the sport. I am not focussing on them, but still - I respect them for what they achieved.

But I respect as well what others achieved - before, during, or after the prime of the sisters. And I certainly don't think it is over yet.

Fan bases fight - but let them. And you might reconsider your lopsideness as well.

shirgan
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:17 PM

Maria is not really one of the 2 top players :tape:

Craigy
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:40 PM
And somehow the topic moves on to Sharapova :rolleyes: