PDA

View Full Version : No camouflage tactics, says Williams

Marcell
Jan 15th, 2007, 11:19 AM
No camouflage tactics, says Williams
Monday January 15, 10:53 PM

Serena Williams dismissed suggestions her choice of dress helped camouflage the ball during her thumping first-round Australian Open win at Melbourne Park on Monday night.

Unseeded Williams, whose miserable 2006 was marred by a serious knee injury which shuffled her well down the world rankings, whipped 27th seeded Italian Mara Santangelo 6-2 6-1 in a stunning and ominous return to form.

There were suggestions her lime-green dress - one of the fashion-conscious American's own creations - may have made life more difficult for her opponent because it was a similar colour to the ball.

But Williams said she saw no issue with the colour of her dress and dismissed any notion she would have gained an advantage because of it.

And her opponent Santangelo also defended Williams' choice of attire, saying she had no problem seeing the ball against the two-time Australian Open champion's dress.

"A lot of people now are wearing a similar colour to this," said Williams, who was followed on to centre court by Russian Marat Safin wearing a shirt in virtually the same colour.

"I wouldn't worry if someone wore that colour against me. It wouldn't affect me, and that's the attitude I take."

Instead of offering excuses, Williams' opponent said she was as in awe as most onlookers at the American's power-packed performance, which belied her unseeded status and current world No.81 ranking.

Williams has now become a hugely dangerous floater in the draw.

She faces a possible - and winnable - third round showdown with fifth seed Nadia Petrova if she can win her next match against unseeded Anne Kremer of Luxembourg.

Williams believes her fitness has improved enough to be a factor at this tournament, though taking steps towards the top 10 remain highest on her agenda in Melbourne.

"I can definitely win a third title ... I'm not going to sit here and say no," Williams said.

"I'm definitely looking at working my way back more than anything. I feel I have nothing to lose and the only way I can go is up."

Becool
Jan 15th, 2007, 11:26 AM
U have to believe Serena!

AND PLAY UR FUCKIN GAME

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 15th, 2007, 11:53 AM
:yeah: Great attitude! Who the hell said her dress was distracting? If anything's distracting, it's that ASS! :eek::drool: Now THAT will stop traffic :lol:

Slumpsova
Jan 15th, 2007, 12:16 PM
pretty good chance this year :D

Equipped
Jan 15th, 2007, 12:23 PM
I begin to wonder how bored the press is writing this SH%@&%#$%!!!! :rolleyes: Write something worthwhile, puh-lease!

supergrunt
Jan 15th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Go Serena :yeah: ! Who complained about her dress in the first place?

Marcell
Jan 15th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Go Serena :yeah: ! Who complained about her dress in the first place?

"Television commentators questioned whether it might been a distraction for Santangelo because the color of her dress was similar to the ball."

"Yeah, I thought about that the whole time I was designing the dress," Williams joked. "I can't beat these girls; I've got to think of every way to cheat."

But she added, seriously: "I never thought about that, to be honest with you. It wouldn't affect me - That's the attitude I take."

denisgiann
Jan 15th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Serena loses to Bammer everyone says she has to retire and stop embarrasing herself.Serena wins AO first round everyone says she will escape with the whole thing:rolleyes: .

Justine Fan
Jan 15th, 2007, 12:44 PM
:yeah: Great attitude! Who the hell said her dress was distracting? If anything's distracting, it's that ASS! :eek::drool: Now THAT will stop traffic :lol:

:lol: :lol: :hug:

I have to admit it :o ....... I do love watching her. Apart from my Juju, there are no other players that makes the game exciting apart from Justine and Serena ...

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 15th, 2007, 12:51 PM
:hug: where have YOU been :eek:

Marcell
Jan 15th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Serena loses to Bammer everyone says she has to retire and stop embarrasing herself.Serena wins AO first round everyone says she will escape with the whole thing:rolleyes: .

With Serena when she is on, she is on. Here is what Santangelo had to say about Serena's performance.

"For her part, Santangelo was surprised by the form of Williams who had not looked close to her best in her lead-in tournament - the Moorilla Hobart International - in which she bowed out at the quarterfinal stage at the hands of Sybille Bammer.

"I didn't play too good. I had some problems last week," Santangelo said.

"I have been sick and I didn't feel too good on court, to be honest.

"(But) she played very good today. I saw a few of her games in Hobart last week and to be honest, she didn't play like she played today.

"She improved a lot. Today she played very well. She served very well, she put on a lot of pressure, and was much better than she was in Hobart."

Justine Fan
Jan 15th, 2007, 12:56 PM
:hug: where have YOU been :eek:

Went on a six week cruise with some friends around Asia etc. A friend came into some money and treated 4 of us to this wonderful vacation :cool: All for nothing, didn't cost me a penny, just some spending money :woohoo:

#1Davenport
Jan 15th, 2007, 01:47 PM
You go Serena!!!

mykarma
Jan 15th, 2007, 01:57 PM
"Television commentators questioned whether it might been a distraction for Santangelo because the color of her dress was similar to the ball."

"Yeah, I thought about that the whole time I was designing the dress," Williams joked. "I can't beat these girls; I've got to think of every way to cheat."

But she added, seriously: "I never thought about that, to be honest with you. It wouldn't affect me - That's the attitude I take."
Haters always looking for some shit about Serena. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't that Mary Carillo. Talking like she's got a mouth full of feces.

sunset
Jan 15th, 2007, 01:59 PM
You can't carry this kind of tonage and expect to get very far. Serena will in-fact lose in the second or third round. Mark my words.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/31/full.getty-72632865wj259_australian_op_6_47_10_am.jpg

mykarma
Jan 15th, 2007, 02:05 PM
With Serena when she is on, she is on. Here is what Santangelo had to say about Serena's performance.

"For her part, Santangelo was surprised by the form of Williams who had not looked close to her best in her lead-in tournament - the Moorilla Hobart International - in which she bowed out at the quarterfinal stage at the hands of Sybille Bammer.

"I didn't play too good. I had some problems last week," Santangelo said.

"I have been sick and I didn't feel too good on court, to be honest.

"(But) she played very good today. I saw a few of her games in Hobart last week and to be honest, she didn't play like she played today.

"She improved a lot. Today she played very well. She served very well, she put on a lot of pressure, and was much better than she was in Hobart."
If Serena had said " "I didn't play too good. I had some problems last week," Santangelo said.

"I have been sick and I didn't feel too good on court, to be honest.", the haters would be all over this board dogging her.:scratch:

50Sense
Jan 15th, 2007, 02:14 PM
:lol: I thought this article was going to be about her dress camouflaging her weight. Nice to see that it wasn't.

mykarma
Jan 15th, 2007, 02:19 PM
:lol: I thought this article was going to be about her dress camouflaging her weight. Nice to see that it wasn't.
:silly:

Oneofakind0490
Jan 15th, 2007, 02:21 PM
:lol: How weird. I love the color Nike chose this year.

Williams-forever
Jan 15th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Shut up! Serena won, and you can't take it. That's all...Stop talking that bullshit, if you just got a little respect for yourselves! :o

Slumpsova
Jan 15th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Went on a six week cruise with some friends around Asia etc. A friend came into some money and treated 4 of us to this wonderful vacation :cool: All for nothing, didn't cost me a penny, just some spending money :woohoo:
didn't you get banned? :p

Slumpsova
Jan 15th, 2007, 02:46 PM
You can't carry this kind of tonage and expect to get very far. Serena will in-fact lose in the second or third round. Mark my words.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/31/full.getty-72632865wj259_australian_op_6_47_10_am.jpg
Serena loses to Anne Kremer? :haha:
not in this century. mark my words.

ZListCelebrity
Jan 15th, 2007, 03:05 PM
I don't think the color has nothing to do with camouflage but Serena was obviously uncomfortable in it. She was pulling her dress down after each point.

vettipooh
Jan 15th, 2007, 03:32 PM

Go away, retard!:fiery:

Mina Vagante
Jan 15th, 2007, 03:36 PM
^^ok thn, god some people are soo pathetic to say serena chosee the dress to hide the ball:rolleyes: their just making up excuses (and may i say , a terrible one at that):fiery:

tenn_ace
Jan 15th, 2007, 03:36 PM
not a fan of Serena, but whoever has come up with the theory that she created this dress in this color with the purpose of making an opponent not to see a ball is a complete :cuckoo:

vettipooh
Jan 15th, 2007, 03:37 PM

Yes he did! :lol: And I wonder who pleaded his case.;)

Avid Merrion
Jan 15th, 2007, 03:38 PM
:lol: what utter nonsense. it would be nice if tv commentators could concentrate on the match instead of indulging in such superfluous remarks.

Marcell
Jan 15th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Don't they realize it's the Nike color scheme for the Aussie Open. Take a look at Safin's top.
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070115/capt.mel34701151412.australia_tennis_open_mel347.j pg

serenafan08
Jan 15th, 2007, 03:52 PM
:lol: Wow...this is a new one! I've never heard anyone try to say that Serena's outfit was used as a distraction. I'm just glad to see her on the court - I couldn't care less about her outfits!

Mina Vagante
Jan 15th, 2007, 03:52 PM
:lol:

Justine Fan
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:02 PM

:rolleyes: Nope :) I wouldn't be here if I'd been banned would I? Not even a suspension :angel:

Justine Fan
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:06 PM
not a fan of Serena, but whoever has come up with the theory that she created this dress in this color with the purpose of making an opponent not to see a ball is a complete :cuckoo:

Ditto :yeah:

Absolutely pathetic theory ... they obviously are having to dig really deep to find some stuff to hate on Serena, but this dress colour things is absolutely :haha: I thought the colour suited her!

Justine Fan
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Yes he did! :lol: And I wonder who pleaded his case.;)

And you'd know that by how? :confused: Do you get to plead your case when you are banned then?

You'd certainly know about pleading cases being a fan of :tape: :lol:

hotandspicey
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:36 PM
People just cannot be positive where Serena is concerned. They expected her to lose to Santangelo, so the media could explode! Serena was in good form last night. No negatives there, firing up 10 aces! wow! So the comentators had to eat their words,(and a few posters on here :rolleyes:) so they came up with this dumb ass theory to have something negative to talk about. Even when she wins, she loses.:rolleyes: its damn if she does and damn if she does not.

AkademiQ
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:36 PM
:lol: Wow...this is a new one! I've never heard anyone try to say that Serena's outfit was used as a distraction. I'm just glad to see her on the court - I couldn't care less about her outfits!

:lol:

alias
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Don't they realize it's the Nike color scheme for the Aussie Open. Take a look at Safin's top.
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070115/capt.mel34701151412.australia_tennis_open_mel347.j pg

Safin wears adidas...:drool:

jdyshrky
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Didn't Serena look fantastic? I was very impressed by her physically, much better than I expected...I like the way she wore those baggy jumpers in Hobart then tada! She revealed her glorious self today..lol, am I getting carried away? She stole the show, well I think Iroda's outfit was pretty, er, impressive too but not for everyone's liking! Maria's dress will be pretty nice from what I've seen but as long its nothing that maternity-empire line dress from last year, so as per usual they'll be battling it out in the style stakes.

and Sunset what do you mean about how she was toned? I thought she looked alright. No one expected her to win her first round match so you're not exactly going out on a limb in saying she might lose in 2nd or 3rd round. Lets just see what happens and hope for the best.

Oh, and hands up who loves the earrings? :wavey:

Bijoux0021
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:58 PM
People just cannot be positive where Serena is concerned. They expected her to lose to Santangelo, so the media could explode! Serena was in good form last night. No negatives there, firing up 10 aces! wow! So the comentators had to eat their words,(and a few posters on here :rolleyes:) so they came up with this dumb ass theory to have something negative to talk about. Even when she wins, she loses.:rolleyes: its damn if she does and damn if she does not.

Exactly! The haters/commentators were just disappointed that Serena didn't lose to Santangelo. As always, they had to come up with something else negative to feed the hatred that they have in their hearts for a Williams sister. They simply can't help themselves.

plantman
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:08 PM

My thoughts as posted a few days ago. I said she'd get into the 2nd round but did'nt think she'd get out of the 1st round so easily. Mara was'nt feeling well as of late so I'm sure that had alot to do with the poor showing. Her serve let her down big time.

Slumpsova
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Marat's shirt surely distracts his opponent from seeing the ball. they should force him to play shirtless :drool:

vejh
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Mara didn't paly well at all. I was sure she played much better vs JHH and Amelie last yr. But she gave Serena the credit where is was due (this for MyKarma; you can't just take out a piece of her interview; she gave Serena deserving credit).

I don't think this line of questioning had anything to do with haters, but more to do with dumb questioning by the media. They always approach Shara, and Serena with dumb questions to, I dunno, try for an entertaining/funny response or something. Maybe controversial. But I think they try this with most players.lol. Let's see what they will come up with next time.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:25 PM

Everyone, EVERYONE, sunset's right. Serena will lose :sad:

5 or 6 games...:spit: Don't be mad, because Serena's playing BETTER than she's played in a while, moving better (IMO) than she did to win the AO in '05. Just worry about your fave. I mean...losing 6 games to Wozniak :help:

:lol:, ah some people never cease to amaze me.

Paul.
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:36 PM
on other news, i really like her earrings :):dance: they're cool :cool:

oh and i'm glad that santangelo was mature about the defeat :). sometimes your opponent just outplays you, simple as that :shrug:

:yeah:

Stamp Paid
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:41 PM

LOL second or third round. Why wont you be brave and tell us exactly which round she'll lose in, Cleo?

Even if Serena loses to Kremer tomorrow, or Petrova in the third, as long as she gave it her best effort, thats all that matters. Its obvious that Serena is working on her conditioning and her movement and its only a matter of time until she gets back to where she should be in the Top 5. :D

Dawn Marie
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:47 PM

You're fucking crazy! LOL!!! :clap2: :bigclap: and so true!!

PatrickRyan
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:48 PM

yeah she did :lol:

mykarma
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Mara didn't paly well at all. I was sure she played much better vs JHH and Amelie last yr. But she gave Serena the credit where is was due (this for MyKarma; you can't just take out a piece of her interview; she gave Serena deserving credit).

I don't think this line of questioning had anything to do with haters, but more to do with dumb questioning by the media. They always approach Shara, and Serena with dumb questions to, I dunno, try for an entertaining/funny response or something. Maybe controversial. But I think they try this with most players.lol. Let's see what they will come up with next time.
I never said she didn't. My point is that if Serena had said the same thing all hell would have broken through on these boards.

Dawn Marie
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:50 PM
If Serena had said " "I didn't play too good. I had some problems last week," Santangelo said.

"I have been sick and I didn't feel too good on court, to be honest.", the haters would be all over this board dogging her.:scratch:

Karma this is true. Yet Serena is a black women with opinions and secondly she is a black women who is a threat. Alot of people are still ignorant to actually understanding this fact.

LeRoy.
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:51 PM
i really wanna know which commentator came up with this BS theory .....:scratch:

mykarma
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:54 PM
on other news, i really like her earrings :):dance: they're cool :cool:

oh and i'm glad that santangelo was mature about the defeat :). sometimes your opponent just outplays you, simple as that :shrug:

:yeah:

:shrug:

The Daviator
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:58 PM
:haha:

Next they'll be saying that Serena's headband is emitting sonic waves and slowing down the opponent or something :weirdo:

jdyshrky
Jan 15th, 2007, 06:00 PM
I dont necessarily think Santangelo's serve let her down, she had a higher 1st Serve % that Serena. I think what let Mara down was Serena's forehand and her winning 88% on 1st serves.

vettipooh
Jan 15th, 2007, 06:06 PM
And you'd know that by how? :confused: Do you get to plead your case when you are banned then?

No, fool!!! You should know about pleading cases being a fan of :tape: :lol:
Someone's ;) got quite a case to plead to save something!:rolleyes:

vejh
Jan 15th, 2007, 06:11 PM
MyKarma, not true, had Serena said she wasn't feeling too well (which we all would perhaps be able to tell based on how we know she can play and move) but gave deserving credit to her opponent, there wouldn't be a problem. But Serena, as long as I've known her and watched her, since 1999, hardly, if ever does that, this is why she gets crap from other posters. And really I don't see any sense denying it or defending it. It's just one of her flaws. period. More than half the time I choose to ignore it but the older I get, and the older she gets, the older (and more anoying) that whole spiel gets.

And I urge some of you to really consider some things before talking. Serena is being heartily welcomed by alot of folks, including tennis commentators and sponsors. They want to see her do well and progress. They want to see her play (I believe there is repeat coverage of her 1st rd. match tonight on ESPNor ESPN2). And if only for the mere reason she is the best choice for America, they want her to succeed. They also want a story etc. She brings alot to tennis; anybody who watches for the sake of tennis wants to see Serena; not just because she looks colorful or she is black or whatever; it's because she plays good tennis. Just remember she has the majority on her side objectively.

Diesel
Jan 15th, 2007, 06:27 PM
MyKarma, not true, had Serena said she wasn't feeling too well (which we all would perhaps be able to tell based on how we know she can play and move) but gave deserving credit to her opponent, there wouldn't be a problem. But Serena, as long as I've known her and watched her, since 1999, hardly, if ever does that, this is why she gets crap from other posters. And really I don't see any sense denying it or defending it. It's just one of her flaws. period. More than half the time I choose to ignore it but the older I get, and the older she gets, the older (and more anoying) that whole spiel gets.

Hilarious. Serena could give a one liner saying she didn't feel well but Mara played great and that would be bad. It's clear you choose to ignore a lot :lol:

And I urge some of you to really consider some things before talking. Serena is being heartily welcomed by alot of folks, including tennis commentators and sponsors. They want to see her do well and progress. They want to see her play (I believe there is repeat coverage of her 1st rd. match tonight on ESPNor ESPN2). And if only for the mere reason she is the best choice for America, they want her to succeed. They also want a story etc. She brings alot to tennis; anybody who watches for the sake of tennis wants to see Serena; not just because she looks colorful or she is black or whatever; it's because she plays good tennis. Just remember she has the majority on her side objectively.Heartily welcomed? Talking out of two sides of one's mouth is heartily? Objective at that :haha: All the things you mentioned are true. Serena is a good story, she's American, her match probably along with Andy's will be re-aired, yet there is the other side with the comments of her fitness and her 'false confidence' mentioned numerous time last night along with '50/50 chance' by these same commentators. You have a different definition of welcoming someone :lol:

tennisbum79
Jan 15th, 2007, 06:28 PM
I have seen this neon yellow color by many players before, men and women
and never saw this issue raised.
I wonder what TV commentators made mention of it

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 15th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Italian Eurosport :o :lol:

Craigy
Jan 15th, 2007, 06:40 PM

Ohhhh! Look who stopped by! :rolleyes:

darrinbaker00
Jan 15th, 2007, 06:57 PM
That would require a magician, not a designer..... :tape:

tennisIlove09
Jan 15th, 2007, 06:58 PM
I like her dress!

reminds me of Vee during summer of 2001

KishG
Jan 15th, 2007, 06:59 PM
That would require a magician, not a designer..... :tape:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OH MY GOD!! :tape: :tape:

vejh
Jan 15th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Diesel, you are the one that keeps bad-repping for silly stuff? I should post them on the board for some laughs.

I ignore alot of Serena's comments, just to be specific. But there is no use arguing this particular point, especially with you, since we will not be posting specifics of Serena complimenting her opponent and getting serious flack for it on this board. Unless you are willing to find at least 3 examples of that happening here, and post it for argument's sake.

Talking about fitness and confidence is not negative or hating, it is a fact; that doesn't mean they aren't supporting her, or are not in her corner, the two aren't mutually exclusive. They are welcoming her, but not with their heads in the sands.

volta
Jan 15th, 2007, 07:19 PM
taking stupidity to a whole new lvl i see

Diesel
Jan 15th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Diesel, you are the one that keeps bad-repping for silly stuff? I should post them on the board for some laughs.

It's good you realize your comments are silly :) That's a good first step.

I ignore alot of Serena's comments, just to be specific. But ther eis no use arguing this particular points, especially with you, since we will not be posting specifics of Serena complimenting or opponent and getting seriuos flack for it on this board. Unless you are willing to find at least 3 examples of that happening here, and post it for argument's sake.You ignore reactions like yourself to be specific. If Serena lost, then came out and said she didn't feel good, wasn't in the best of shape, however Mara played great, you and others who usually get down on her (although you claim to ignore her comments) would once again harp on her not giving her opponent proper credit. Simple as that. That odd thing is in this thread some posters have stated Mara wasn't the best opponent, or that she wasn't sharp or had any weapons to hurt Serena. Turn that around to Serena fans saying the same thing and it suddenly becomes a problem. Continue ignoring :tape:

Talking about fitness and confidence is not negative or hating, it is a fact; that doesn't mean they aren't supporting her, or are not in her corner, the two aren't mutually exclusive. They are welcoming her, but not with their heads in the sands.Of course it's not negative. It's heartily welcoming Serena back :lol: This even after you admitted the reporters ask stupid questions and what's not more welcoming than remarks that Serena would have a dress designed to confuse her opponent with the ball. Your definitions of welcoming. Classic.

vejh
Jan 15th, 2007, 07:39 PM
I must say Diesel, you have a knack for twisting everything. I see you just want something to harp on. Harp away :) Enjoy.

Diesel
Jan 15th, 2007, 07:50 PM
I must say Diesel, you have a knack for twisting everything. I see you just want something to harp on. Harp away :) Enjoy.

Awww :hug: It's no different than when you do it to Serena :)

Anyway :wavey:

GogoGirl
Jan 15th, 2007, 08:40 PM
All,

"WAY TO GO MARA" "THANKS FOR GIVING SERENA HER PROPS THRU AN HONEST ASSESSMENT" "GOOD LUCK TO YOU THIS SEASON"

P.S. Some, please don't let the haters of Serena and her game raise your blood pressure.

Steffica Greles
Jan 16th, 2007, 12:34 PM
LOL second or third round. Why wont you be brave and tell us exactly which round she'll lose in, Cleo?

Even if Serena loses to Kremer tomorrow, or Petrova in the third, as long as she gave it her best effort, thats all that matters. Its obvious that Serena is working on her conditioning and her movement and its only a matter of time until she gets back to where she should be in the Top 5. :D

But the likes of you said this 4 months ago in September, when she *did* actually appear to be making baby steps towards a return to her old form.

So why has she regressed since then?

Vamos.
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:09 PM

Most probably. Afterall she is an Henin fan and she is also the worst, nonsensical poster in the history of the world. Worthy of a fine ban...

Vamos.
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:11 PM

Denial...

:rolleyes:

Meesh
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Who made suggestions that this would/could be a distraction? I was watching ESPN and I don't remember them saying that. I actually liked the outfit. S. Perry was wearing that color w/ white and it looked nice. I think this is the color of the tourney... i've seen it on a lot of players on men's and women's..

Stamp Paid
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:29 PM
But the likes of you said this 4 months ago in September, when she *did* actually appear to be making baby steps towards a return to her old form.

Seeing her serve and movement against Santangelo the other day she doesnt appear to have regressed at all. If anything, her movement and footwork is only better. But of course that was only for one match.

We'll just watch her play her round(s) until she "loses" then we'll be able to see whether she "regressed" or not.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:36 PM

From the US Open and LA, her movement has improved, IMO, and like King said :yeah: let's not talk about where or how her game is weak, until we see a player take her out...(which I think won't be for a while :yeah: )

Stamp Paid
Jan 20th, 2007, 03:24 AM
*bump* for Greles

esquímaux
Jan 20th, 2007, 03:37 AM
:yeah: Great attitude! Who the hell said her dress was distracting? If anything's distracting, it's that ASS! :eek::drool: Now THAT will stop traffic :lol:*DEAD* :haha::eek::haha:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 20th, 2007, 04:53 AM

you meant 4th round right ;) :cool:...so should I mark your words with a correction pen?

Oh, and before you talk about choking, and what not, let me borrow a phrase from Jon Wertheim...."match results don't have asterisks, they have periods." Petrova lost, Serena won, get over it :p

Experimentee
Jan 20th, 2007, 05:58 AM
Who suggested this idea in the first place? I have lost all respect for whoever would make up such a stupid theory, then actually waste Serenas time asking about it!

Sam L
Jan 20th, 2007, 06:33 AM
It does look like it's designed to distract the opponent.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 20th, 2007, 06:41 AM
just like Jennifer Hudson's Golden Globe was designed to distract Carrie Underwood? :p ;)