PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Boycott

Brashkoala
Jan 14th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Hey guys. Now we all know that ESPN's coverage has been extremely sexes over the years, choosing to show a men's match instead a women's matches. I say it's about time we do something.

I suggest we all turn our tv's off and only turn them on when a women's match comes on. I will keep my tv on during tonight's coverage and reply to this post to let you know as soon as a women's match comes on. We need solidarity, so please cooperate.

UncleZeke
Jan 14th, 2007, 11:28 PM
they are sexist, but they will tell you it's ratings

Marcell
Jan 14th, 2007, 11:30 PM
I am listening to the Mauresmo vs Perry on the radio which is surpringly good.

!<blocparty>!
Jan 14th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Men's tennis > Women's tennis. The end.

ToeTag
Jan 14th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Men's tennis > Women's tennis. The end.

Link to some numbers/stats/ratings, please?

!<blocparty>!
Jan 14th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Link to some numbers/stats/ratings, please?

Do you think I can be bothered doing that. The point is, the quality of men's tennis is so much higher, you can't even compare. Besides, ESPN shows the top American women.... woman, and the best second week matches right?

swissmr
Jan 14th, 2007, 11:40 PM
I am listening to the Mauresmo vs Perry on the radio which is surpringly good.

You can watch it on livestream

Apoleb
Jan 14th, 2007, 11:40 PM
I doubt ESPN has a grudge against women. It's just that men's tennis is much more popular. If they thought that putting women's matches would be more profitable, they wouldn't hesitate.

Aravanecaravan
Jan 14th, 2007, 11:41 PM
I suggest we all turn our tv's off and only turn them on when a women's match comes on. I will keep my tv on during tonight's coverage and reply to this post to let you know as soon as a women's match comes on. We need solidarity, so please cooperate.

Have fun boycotting.

I'll enjoy the tennis.

PLP
Jan 14th, 2007, 11:45 PM
I will most likely stick to the livestream! :wavey:

While I don't think it's that bad (ESPN), I don't want to have to sit through 80% of men's matches, though there are some I definitely want to see...

ToeTag
Jan 14th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Do you think I can be bothered doing that. I don't know? You were bothered enough to assure everyone that boys tennis got better ratings.The point is, the quality of men's tennis is so much higher, you can't even compare.Whatever you say. I think they both suck right now! Besides, ESPN shows the top American women.... woman, and the best second week matches right?Unfortunately. It would be nice to watch other women from other countries...something espn shows ALL the time with men.

anlavalle
Jan 15th, 2007, 12:15 AM
well espn let me down again, but i`m not surprise and i think it`s sexism but it`s the same with pretty much all the sports

auntie janie
Jan 15th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Believe me, they'll soon be showing Maria, Maria and more Maria, until we're crying out to see the men. :rolleyes:

By the way, this is a GOOD men's match ...

kittyking
Jan 15th, 2007, 02:10 AM
Since when is male tennis more popular than womens tennis?

Guys outnumber girls in terms of who actually watches sport, and as girls are wearing less and less its making even more guys become interested in tennis.

tennisrocks123
Jan 15th, 2007, 02:43 AM
ESPN is SEXIST!!!!
SO far it's been Roddick and little of Federer.. Of course the Americans wanna see the Americans, and I don't blame them showing Federer. But they barely showed Mauresmo, and they could at least some of Vaidisova instead of Baghdatis

SzavayFi
Jan 15th, 2007, 03:01 AM
You are crazy. :D

Trust me, you DONT want to miss the mens matches, they are higher quality tennis to tell you the trush. At least they are showing us fucking tennis unlike most countries. So be happy we are watching tennis, you don't realize how priveldged we are. So STOP being a little bitch and enjoy the matches. And yes, they do show womans matches, so enjoy your spoiled asses when they come on.

tae04
Jan 15th, 2007, 03:37 AM
Well quality of mens matches are better. Also it was some big names for the men playing first. Im sure when Serena and Maria play we'll see plenty of coverage.

Atrixo
Jan 15th, 2007, 03:50 AM
Well, going by some of the comments here, you'd have to wonder if this is actually a forum for "WTA" fans, and fans of women's tennis. :rolleyes:

If some of you think men's tennis is SOOOOO fucking great, why don't you just STFU and go watch it only then? You constantly deride the female players and women's tennis whenever you can, so why bother us "real" fans with your bullshit. :mad:

Go over to the ATP forum, stay there, and go watch their "high quality" matches then! :fiery:

ToeTag
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:55 AM
OMG. This Shuttler/Baghead match is sooooooo high quality I can hardly stand it. YAWN!!!

UDACHi
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:01 AM
it's getting bad now. they didn't even mention elena's win, let alone let us watch some of it, yet we have gotten nearly complete coverage of roddick and baghdatis, a good amount of federer, and a painful querrey tiebreak.

star
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:02 AM
Heck, I'll take what I can get. Yeah some matches might be boring, but it's better than nothing.

croat123
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:02 AM
there's no wta matches on tv courts

they should have shown some more of vaidisova though

SzavayFi
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:04 AM
there's no wta matches on tv courts

they should have shown some more of vaidisova though

Nah, she's the devil. The wanted to keep the few left that haent seen the girl pure.

-VSR-
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:06 AM
I do enjoy watching both men and women. But enough of Bagdahtis, he's boring and this match is a yawn.

Lefty.
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:19 AM
I do enjoy watching both men and women. But enough of Bagdahtis, he's boring and this match is a yawn.

Yeah, he's playing terribly today. :mad: It's going by so slowly.