PDA

View Full Version : Is Jankovic playing everyweek?

strictennis
Jan 14th, 2007, 04:17 PM
It has come to my attention that JJ has played almost every week since the start of the year. I just check the AO website for women's doubles and she's playing too? *will she ever get tired?*

One more thing, why isn't Ana Ivanovic playing doubles? :confused:

xcrtbckhnd
Jan 14th, 2007, 04:20 PM
JJ should be taking a break after Tokyo, but yes, she plays virtually every week and usually some doubles too. Ana made a decision this year to concentrate on singles and isn't going to be playing that much doubles.

LUXXXAS
Jan 14th, 2007, 04:20 PM
yes she plays almost every week singles and doubles :tape:

Highlandman
Jan 14th, 2007, 04:23 PM
It seems so. At the end of the year she has again 28-33 events for sure. Tokio will be her 4th. So much like Serena in the whole '06-season:tape: :help:

pierce0415
Jan 14th, 2007, 04:23 PM
she is taking at least a 3 week break after Tokyo

strictennis
Jan 14th, 2007, 04:24 PM
i think she should redraw from toyko, and start dubai then indian wells & miami.
SHE MUST REST AND RELAX AND HAVE A KIT KAT. =D

FrenchY52
Jan 14th, 2007, 04:27 PM
:tape: :tape:

jazar
Jan 14th, 2007, 04:45 PM
she can be the wta tour's verion of nikolay davydenko

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 14th, 2007, 04:47 PM
i think she should redraw from toyko, and start dubai then indian wells & miami.
SHE MUST REST AND RELAX AND HAVE A KIT KAT. =D

:lick: yum :lol:

Just Do It
Jan 14th, 2007, 06:40 PM
She will play Dubai 4sure, that is Jelenas favourite tournament !

she is taking at least a 3 week break after Tokyo

Hardly belive...

No Name Face
Jan 14th, 2007, 06:43 PM
i think since she's starting to do well (make finals of/win tournaments) she won't be playing as much.

Tenis Srbija
Jan 14th, 2007, 06:44 PM
JustDoIt why is it hard to believe, when she is taking that break :lol: :rolleyes:

I think that if she was alowed, that she would play Sydney and Hobart in the same week :lol: Now serious, she really needs to step off the gas a bit! I'm glad she will take some time off after Tokyo :)

Tenis Srbija
Jan 14th, 2007, 06:45 PM
It seems so. At the end of the year she has again 28-33 events for sure. Tokio will be her 4th. So much like Serena in the whole '06-season:tape: :help:

Well Serena wasn't playing :rolleyes:

Mattographer
Jan 14th, 2007, 10:41 PM
She should take break after AO and be ready for the Middle East events.

Tenis Srbija
Jan 14th, 2007, 10:43 PM
She won't play Middle East events :shrug:

Mattographer
Jan 14th, 2007, 10:47 PM
She won't play Middle East events :shrug:
I guess that's alrighty with me then.

frenchie
Jan 14th, 2007, 10:53 PM
she won't play indoors events after Tokyo so I think she'll definitely play Dubai (and Doha??)

Tenis Srbija
Jan 14th, 2007, 10:57 PM
SHE IS RESTING FOR THOSE TWO WEEKS. . . :rolleyes:

You know, she will like play, four weeks in a row...actually five with Tokyo!
So she will most probably need to rest.

Hachiko
Jan 14th, 2007, 10:59 PM
JJ should be taking a break after Tokyo, but yes, she plays virtually every week and usually some doubles too. Ana made a decision this year to concentrate on singles and isn't going to be playing that much doubles.

Yes and also Maria Kirilenko made a deal with Vera Dushevina to team up for the year.

Josh.
Jan 14th, 2007, 11:02 PM
proably :lol: shes a machine

Dexter
Jan 14th, 2007, 11:05 PM
She plays too much, that's for sure.

Tenis Srbija
Jan 14th, 2007, 11:10 PM
That's true... But I like it :D Succses after sucsses :p

Tenis Srbija
Jan 14th, 2007, 11:13 PM
AUSSIE DANI

Yours avatar is great :lol:

UncleZeke
Jan 14th, 2007, 11:33 PM
she has a lot of energy. she is young, so why not.

ns_Henin
Jan 15th, 2007, 12:43 AM
She's a full-time tennis player :lol:

The Kaz
Jan 15th, 2007, 01:04 AM
She plays too much, that's for sure.

How do you know how Jelena feels? Only Jelena know if shes playing too much :rolleyes: and since she IS playing so much it obvoiusly indicates that she can handle it :p

strictennis
Jan 15th, 2007, 01:06 AM
since im strictennis,
jelena should ban herself for tennis after AO, i say she play
dubia
indian wells
miami
rome
roland garros
wimbledon
stanford
san diego
montreal
us
moscow
zurich
yec

Tenis Srbija
Jan 15th, 2007, 01:11 AM
She's a full-time tennis player :lol:

:lol:

Yes she is...she is not bailng out of work. Almoust never :rolleyes:
And she is working over-time as well (weekends) :rolleyes:

Orion
Jan 15th, 2007, 01:30 AM
Jankovic reminds me of Clijsters 3 years ago in that respect; she plays better when she has 2-3 events in a row going into a bigger tournament (Tier I's, Slams). What I think she'll discover later this season is that she no longer needs all those tournaments to a.) keep her ranking up (I bet it's also partially instinctual, when she was losing every 1st round, she needed every tournament she could get into) or b.) to stay in shape/practice.

I'm looking forward to seeing her in the U.S. this summer/fall. Her game is a joy to watch, and her attitude on court is engaging.

Fantastic
Jan 15th, 2007, 01:58 PM
I guess Jelena figures that as long as she is playing well, feeling healthy, fit and fabulous that she should keep playing. It does make sense. She will rest when she's tired. It's different for different players. Someone like Justine will break down if she plays more than three weeks in a row, but then you have girls like Jelena, Nadia and Sveta who like to play a lot. All four players get injured and play through them, but obviously Jelena, Nadia and Sveta have bodies that can withstand and tolerate the grind much better than Justine can. It's whatever each player believes serves them best in the long run, leading up to the important tournaments, or makes them feel like they are being productive. Of course, there are limits. If a player is injured and their condition can get worse, then they should definitely take a break. No question about that. I just hope that all these girls are being well-advised by their coaches, parents, mentors, therapists and/or trainers.

strictennis
Jan 15th, 2007, 02:15 PM
I guess Jelena figures that as long as she is playing well, feeling healthy, fit and fabulous that she should keep playing. It does make sense. She will rest when she's tired. It's different for different players. Someone like Justine will break down if she plays more than three weeks in a row, but then you have girls like Jelena, Nadia and Sveta who like to play a lot. All four players get injured and play through them, but obviously Jelena, Nadia and Sveta have bodies that can withstand and tolerate the grind much better than Justine can. It's whatever each player believes serves them best in the long run, leading up to the important tournaments, or makes them feel like they are being productive. Of course, there are limits. If a player is injured and their condition can get worse, then they should definitely take a break. No question about that. I just hope that all these girls are being well-advised by their coaches, parents, mentors, therapists and/or trainers.

Patrova overplayed during the clay season, and she got injured.. She was ready for the french but then.. I know she's a great player but breaks inbetween schedules are important.

I know she has drive to climb the rankings especially she's so near! Plus, to have points added next to your name and an amazing feeling! But you don't need 30 tourneys to feel good. Justine did it with 12.

=)

ChrisCologne
Jan 15th, 2007, 02:33 PM
It´s a smart choice adding Tokyo and then resting

In recent years Tokyo had problems to attract the elite apart from Sharapova and Hingis and that might guarantee Jelena a point-wise-highly-decorated quarterfinal or even better

She is not forced to play what she plays and if she´s keen on avoiding European indoor events then it´s better to promote a tierI with her status of top15 and then maybe having cracked the top10 by then

IMO she´s in top-form and should demonstrate that as long as she can as she has nothing to defend till the US hardcourts in the summer

ChrisCologne
Jan 15th, 2007, 02:34 PM
It´s a smart choice adding Tokyo and then resting

In recent years Tokyo had problems to attract the elite apart from Sharapova and Hingis and that might guarantee Jelena a point-wise-highly-decorated quarterfinal or even better

She is not forced to play what she plays and if she´s keen on avoiding European indoor events then it´s better to promote a tierI with her status of top15 and then maybe having cracked the top10 by then

IMO she´s in top-form and should demonstrate that as long as she can as she has nothing to defend till the US hardcourts in the summer

Tenis Srbija
Jan 15th, 2007, 03:09 PM
QF? As 11. player in the world, and among top 4 seeds in Tokyo, QF for JJ would be such an unsuccses!

TomTennis
Jan 15th, 2007, 03:20 PM
She wont have a THREE week break after Tokyo because that is very very doubtful!

She joins the likes of Patty in the "Tournament Whore Club".....former members include Hingis and Petrova.

strictennis
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:42 AM
She wont have a THREE week break after Tokyo because that is very very doubtful!

She joins the likes of Patty in the "Tournament Whore Club".....former members include Hingis and Petrova.

:haha::haha::haha:

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:10 AM
she will rest now she is making business end of tournies we will see this soon