PDA

View Full Version : US ESPN AO Viewers: You KNOW We Will Be Force Fed Roddick's Whole Match & No WTA Tomm

pierce0415
Jan 14th, 2007, 06:17 AM
ESPN will have live coverage starting at 7PM tommorrow (11AM AO time) but I just looked at the schedule and while Amelie plays Perry on Rod Laver, Roddick will play Tsonga on the other court

so the coverage will be Roddick :yawn: - break away for a few games between Roddick's sets to show Amelie vs. Shenay (only because Amelie is playing an American)

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 14th, 2007, 06:18 AM
boohoo

Paneru
Jan 14th, 2007, 06:19 AM
We get to see Serena's match,
so I'm not complaining. :cool:

For now, away. ;)

alwayshingis
Jan 14th, 2007, 06:19 AM
So true. Right after Roddick we will see Federer, so no women in the first session. At least Serena/Santangelo will be on live.

pierce0415
Jan 14th, 2007, 06:22 AM
So true. Right after Roddick we will see Federer, so no women in the first session. At least Serena/Santangelo will be on live.

yeah at 3AM :help: :help:

Paneru
Jan 14th, 2007, 06:24 AM

Hence, tivo, vcr, ect....

Or an alarm clock. :cool:

selyoink
Jan 14th, 2007, 06:24 AM
I really hate watching Roddick play. I like the French Open because we can't be force fed the American men since they are always all gone after 2 rounds. Unfortunately no French Open on ESPN though. Stupid Tennis Channel.

stevos
Jan 14th, 2007, 06:25 AM
I knew this the second I saw the schedule. So crappy :rolleyes:

It cant be as bad as wimbledon though.

RJWCapriati
Jan 14th, 2007, 06:25 AM
We will see Roddick's 1st round for the next 3 days :(

pierce0415
Jan 14th, 2007, 06:26 AM
the only way we will see more of Amelie is if she is about to lost in straight sets or locked in a 3rd, deciding set :help: :scared: :unsure: like against Tian Tian Sun last year :lol:

in either of these cases, the ESPN announcers will say "we now take you to Rod Laver arena where young and talented American Shenay Perry has defending champion Amelie Mauresmo on the ropes"

NyCPsU
Jan 14th, 2007, 06:26 AM
its always like this
it shouldnt surprise you by now
but it does suck

alwayshingis
Jan 14th, 2007, 06:27 AM

12:30am for me :D :lol:

alwayshingis
Jan 14th, 2007, 06:30 AM
We will see Roddick's 1st round for the next 3 days :(

At least it's not like Wimbledon where they'll throw it in a rain delay any chance they can. Even during the mid-week rain we should still have some play on the roof court (thank you so much for that!)

Sinnet
Jan 14th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Eh, I dunno, guys. Amelie is defending champ, so they should show a bit of hers as well. Also, how do we know that Serena will be showed live? Tell me they didn't give her one of the big courts...

hablo
Jan 14th, 2007, 06:36 AM
I thought the exact same thing as soon as I saw the schedule. :lol:
We will see no Momo tomorrow, unless Perry pulls the upset.

cartmancop
Jan 14th, 2007, 06:42 AM
We will see the set points in Amelie's match and that's it :lol:

And yes we will see Roddick's match 5 times in the next 2 days :eek: Not to be negative, but I'm secretly hoping his opponent gets blown out in 1 set and then goes psycho and gets d/q or something...:lol:

pierce0415
Jan 14th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Uuumm..thats because the majority of the people in the US would rather see Andy Roddick play tennis then MoMo/ Perry. Sorry, its just a fact and ESPN knows it. His matches always get the higher ratings BY FAR . It would be nice if they showed a few games of the perry/momo match though.

yes I know that ;) but the majority of people on this board hate Andy for taking up precious airtime. We have been starved for GS tennis for so long that we will all turn on the TV tommorrow for ESPN coverage. Then we are going to be dissapointed that they show Andy and someone is going to start a thread in GM saying ESPN SUCKS. I am just starting the thread now :lol:

Jeff
Jan 14th, 2007, 07:10 AM
12:30am for me :D :lol:

Oh that's right! I'm on the west coast, too. For once it pays to be on the west coast :p

le bon vivant
Jan 14th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Oooooooooooooh Tsonga!!
Serena's live. :dance:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jan 14th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Poor Pierce :sad: I share your pain...

:haha:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 14th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Eh, I dunno, guys. Amelie is defending champ, so they should show a bit of hers as well. Also, how do we know that Serena will be showed live? Tell me they didn't give her one of the big courts...
She opens up night action on Laver ;)

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 14th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Eurosport online you can view other courts for a small payment.

http://australian-open2007.eurosport.com/