PDA

View Full Version : Mirjana Lucic 2007 Comeback?

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 14th, 2007, 04:17 AM
http://www.tbo.com/sports/wfla/2006/0511lucic.htm

Haven't really heard any news since this last year. Any news in Croatia on whether Mirjana ever plans to play again?

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 30th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Somebody say something. :lol: :awww:

Highlandman
Jan 30th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Link doesent work :unsure: :sad:

Yeah, but they said also in wtaworld that she wanna come back in 07 - so I wish and think she does...;)

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 30th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Link doesent work :unsure: :sad:
Ugh, it just worked 2 days ago.

She did a news story for some American news station about all the trouble her dad caused her, and how shes now trying to find financial help to give her another shot at playing again. She said shes not done with her tennis and hopes to make a comeback in 2007.

Please Mirjana, come back!

auntie janie
Jan 30th, 2007, 02:25 PM
I guess it depends on whether she managed to secure the financial help she says she needs. Unfortunately, I'd think most major sponsors might be wary of her, given how many years she's been out -- not to mention that they know she's involved in a big, messy lawsuit against IMG.

I do hope she can somehow come back, though. But with Mirjana as with Jelena Dokic, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting. :sad:

Freakan
Jan 30th, 2007, 03:26 PM
I'm afraid she will be back the same way as Ally Baker or Sanda Mamic are :o

Monica_Rules
Jan 30th, 2007, 03:39 PM
I hope she does come back, she certainly underachived in her career.

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 30th, 2007, 04:27 PM
I'm afraid she will be back the same way as Ally Baker or Sanda Mamic are :o
That may be true, but Mirjana has/had the tennis ability to do a lot more than either of those players ever could.

If Mirjana were to come back, one could argue that Sprem would no longer be the hardest hitting Croat on tour. :worship: :lol:

Highlandman
Jan 30th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Ugh, it just worked 2 days ago.

She did a news story for some American news station about all the trouble her dad caused her, and how shes now trying to find financial help to give her another shot at playing again. She said shes not done with her tennis and hopes to make a comeback in 2007.

Please Mirjana, come back!

Yep. I wish it. So we can hope for a comeback around spring maybe, because Dothan is in this time, or? ;)

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 30th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Yep. I wish it. So we can hope for a comeback around spring maybe, because Dothan is in this time, or? ;)
LMAO I would laugh really hard if she came back at Dothan. Though it would probably mean we wouldnt see her again after that. :tape: