PDA

View Full Version : Why so much HATE and Disdain for Serena Williams????

Foot_Fault
Jan 13th, 2007, 11:52 PM
If she wasn't playing people would complain, when she plays people complain.
She's been through alot...yet people still attack her as if she's a huge THREAT to the tournament. According to our population poll..she's washed up, wont get out of the first week, and not at the top of her game anymore... So why all the attacking? Maybe b/c she got a Center Court Night Match? Don't know.

Leave her be, Let her Play. Just glad to see her back out on the court injury free. Let her racquet talk. She wouldn't play if she felt she wasn't fit enough. And contrary to what most of you want to believe...Kim, Nadia, and Tatiana are looking bigger than Serena. Notice a lil back flab on Nicole V, the other day. Some girls are just Naturally Thick..and she's getting older, matab is slowing. Cut her some Slack! She's in much better shape than most commenting that she's Fat.

With Serena's record she's earn the right to have bad seasons. It's only gonna make her return to the TOP Sweeter.

LHTFA!!!!!:mad: :tape: :lol: ;) (ask me what it means)

Just Venting peacefully. Feel better now.
Thanks for Listening.:cool:

GQGuy1
Jan 13th, 2007, 11:56 PM
I said it once I'll say it again. FEAR. I also think it's because Serena brings the best out of everyone for some reason it makes for interesting tennis to watch.

henmanhill
Jan 13th, 2007, 11:58 PM
I'm a Williams sisters fan but hasn't this subject (and the one where you insert Venus or Maria instead) been done to death?

SpankMe
...this is the GM section, don't expect much common sense here, especially at grand slam time...:lol: :tape:
To be honest the GM is best avoided at grand slam time :rolleyes: :p

MrSerenaWilliams
:shrug: "They say that anger is just love dissapointed...." Maybe everyone's secretly mad, becuause deep down they know Serena should be fighting for the title of GOAT, as opposed to fighting for the last McGriddles :tape:

But I have faith, that she'll get back to where she belongs before the summer :yeah:

Brooklyn90
haters will always hate and find anything to hate on.

Morrissey
Jan 14th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Is it really surprising though? Serena is a legend a black woman that has shattered down the last racist barriers of the tennis sport. Tennis is still a lily white country club sport. Serena Williams has proven that black women can be great at a sport that's most for whites. If you listen to the racist white female tennis commentators such as Pam Shriver, Martina Navratilova, Tracy Austin, Chris Evert, and Mary Carillo. You can hear the racism uttered from their mouths. Serena Williams is a legend and she's only 25. Serena has the grand slam she's one of only nine women to achieve this. And Serena was all four slams by the time she was 21 years old.

supergrunt
Jan 14th, 2007, 12:22 AM
wow... if I would have made this thread... :o

soccerjock
Jan 14th, 2007, 12:31 AM
:help: :help: :help:

pav
Jan 14th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Some of that crap written above is just unbelievable , racism, fear,etc. I can't speak for others ,but I admire her ability, understand it is hard to get top form and fitness back, but have to laugh at the sheer arrogance of her public statements, why does she feel she has to do that?
Her horde of fans can be worse, one win and we read "Total domination, everone will be crushed" carry on like that and what do some of you buggers expect, love and kisses :confused: I think it all boils down to uncertainty and insecurety on Serena and her fans side of the fence.
Blaming racism really takes the cake, it is so easy to use that tired old excuse,hell have a look how many bloody breeds are playing tennis these days, racism my butt.

Sir Stefwhit
Jan 14th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Serena's held to standards that a lot of other players aren't. She's been arrogant, and has say things I'm sure she regrets, but she's in good company. Almost every player on tour has had those moments. Primarily because when most of these women start they're still young girls. The maturity and growth comes with experience. People seem more willingly to brush aside things in the past, except with regards to Serena. In some people's minds it's the perfect justification to propell their hatred.

With a lot of the hatred comes a lot of overly defensive fans. Serena fans, more than any other fan base, get lumped into a category of ignorant fans who only believe Serena walks on water. It's funny because it's so far from the truth. A lot of times us Serena fans are a lot hardier on her than some others- it's just not done from a place of hatred.

The real reasons why people have such strong negative feelings for Serena probably center around more serious issues. Issues that people like to pretend don't exsist. To be fair, I'm sure there are a number of people who don't like her just because. It's not always 'deep'.

She's her own person, playing by her own rules and some people will never get past that. Love her or hate her, you can't ignore her!!

morningglory
Jan 14th, 2007, 12:50 AM
BCUZ SERENA ROCKZZZZ!!!! THAT'Z Y!!! :rocker2:

Mother_Marjorie
Jan 14th, 2007, 12:54 AM
And contrary to what most of you want to believe...Kim, Nadia, and Tatiana are looking bigger than Serena. Notice a lil back flab on Nicole V, the other day. Some girls are just Naturally Thick..and she's getting older, matab is slowing. Cut her some Slack! She's in much better shape than most commenting that she's Fat.
Oh, now that was funny. The "naturally thick" excuse can't be used anymore and you know it.
With Serena's record she's earn the right to have bad seasons.
You mean the best greatest player ever to play the sport of tennis (according to some here) has a right to bad season(s)???

The real greats of the sport never had "bad" seasons midway in their careers. Those "bad" spots were saved for the beginning and end of their careers.

I didn't think someone as great as the fucking Serena Williams had bad seasons?
Just Venting peacefully. Feel better now.
Thanks for Listening.:cool:
Oh, no. Thanks for the laugh!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mother_Marjorie
Jan 14th, 2007, 12:57 AM
wow... if I would have made this thread... :o
Supergrunt, you are absolutely correct. Footfault's original post, if you had authored it, would have been considered a troll post by most standards in this forum.

However, some in this forum think they above others.

You are probably one of Serena's biggest fans and they treat you very badly. It really says a lot about them if you ask me.:help:

Thanks for keeping it real.

LudwigDvorak
Jan 14th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Maybe everyone's secretly mad, becuause deep down they know Serena should be fighting for the title of GOAT, as opposed to fighting for the last McGriddles :tape:

BCUZ SERENA ROCKZZZZ!!!! THAT'Z Y!!! :rocker2:

:lol: :lol:

Zauber
Jan 14th, 2007, 01:00 AM
"I think she played the match of her life"
"I've never heard of her quite frankly I didn't play that well and I made a lot of unforced errors. I think I'm a little rusty.
You wish these players would play like this all the time instead of just against me. She played unbelievable."

These are Serena Williams own words after losing a recent match.
What is there to like about her reaction after loosing?????

Mother_Marjorie
Jan 14th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Serena is a legend a black woman that has shattered down the last racist barriers of the tennis sport. Tennis is still a lily white country club sport. Serena Williams has proven that black women can be great at a sport that's most for whites.
Let's get the facts straight.

It was Althea Gibson and Arthur Ashe that trampled racial barriers in the sport of tennis.

Who are you calling "lily white?" That sounds pretty racist to me.

Mother_Marjorie
Jan 14th, 2007, 01:03 AM
"I've never heard of her quite frankly I didn't play that well and I made a lot of unforced errors. I think I'm a little rusty.
You wish these players would play like this all the time instead of just against me. She played unbelievable."

Didn't you know?

Only Serena Williams can beat Serena Williams! :p

LudwigDvorak
Jan 14th, 2007, 01:11 AM
Yeah, there are a ton of Asians and Hispanics running around everywhere. Such a white sport nowadays.

OKay yes, Asians are "white," but he meant Anglo-Saxon white, so f u pal, f u.

PLP
Jan 14th, 2007, 01:18 AM
Yeah, there are a ton of Asians and Hispanics running around everywhere. Such a white sport nowadays.

OKay yes, Asians are "white," but he meant Anglo-Saxon white, so f u pal, f u.

:confused:

LudwigDvorak
Jan 14th, 2007, 01:19 AM
Ignore me. Lack of smilies plus persistent sarcasm on the Internet generally don't make a good combination.

GoDominique
Jan 14th, 2007, 01:22 AM
Leave her be, Let her Play. Just glad to see her back out on the court injury free. Let her racquet talk.
Tell that to Serena who continues to make bullshit comments full of arrogance in her interviews.

plantman
Jan 14th, 2007, 01:29 AM
Some of that crap written above is just unbelievable , racism, fear,etc. I can't speak for others ,but I admire her ability, understand it is hard to get top form and fitness back, but have to laugh at the sheer arrogance of her public statements, why does she feel she has to do that?
Her horde of fans can be worse, one win and we read "Total domination, everone will be crushed" carry on like that and what do some of you buggers expect, love and kisses :confused: I think it all boils down to uncertainty and insecurety on Serena and her fans side of the fence.
Blaming racism really takes the cake, it is so easy to use that tired old excuse,hell have a look how many bloody breeds are playing tennis these days, racism my butt.

Well said!:D

Brooklyn90
Jan 14th, 2007, 01:43 AM

you still trying to make everyone care about this, GET OVER IT!!!

Martian Jeza
Jan 14th, 2007, 01:52 AM
I don't know ! Have you got a clue ? :confused:

IceHock
Jan 14th, 2007, 02:00 AM
Look, do you see threads made everytime for why do you hate masha?? Amelie?? Justine?? Nicole?? Kim??

No, because their fans don't care that they have haters, every tennis player probably has a hater somewhere and it's not goin away anytime soon. Personaly I don't think you should care why she has so many haters as long as your a fan, that should be the only thing that matters.

tenn_ace
Jan 14th, 2007, 02:08 AM
pav pretty much said it to answer the question

StarDuvallGrant
Jan 14th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Serena's held to standards that a lot of other players aren't. She's been arrogant, and has say things I'm sure she regrets, but she's in good company. Almost every player on tour has had those moments. Primarily because when most of these women start they're still young girls. The maturity and growth comes with experience. People seem more willingly to brush aside things in the past, except with regards to Serena. In some people's minds it's the perfect justification to propell their hatred.

With a lot of the hatred comes a lot of overly defensive fans. Serena fans, more than any other fan base, get lumped into a category of ignorant fans who only believe Serena walks on water. It's funny because it's so far from the truth. A lot of times us Serena fans are a lot hardier on her than some others- it's just not done from a place of hatred.

The real reasons why people have such strong negative feelings for Serena probably center around more serious issues. Issues that people like to pretend don't exsist. To be fair, I'm sure there are a number of people who don't like her just because. It's not always 'deep'.

She's her own person, playing by her own rules and some people will never get past that. Love her or hate her, you can't ignore her!!

What you posted is true. And at the end of the day let the people who hold to that hatred hold on to it. It shouldn't be anything that bothers Serena fans or something held on their minds the way it's on the non-fans' minds.

Lulu.
Jan 14th, 2007, 02:30 AM
Let em hate. Serena doesnt care so neither should her fans