PDA

View Full Version : Why did skysports stop broadcasting the aussie open????

radwanska
Jan 14th, 2007, 12:37 AM
Its really bad they stopped last year and now i have to watch it on eurosport and eurosport2.The worst thing is u used 2 be able to press the red button while watching it on skysports and have a choice of picking a court to watch out of like 6!!!And now you have to watch whatever match eurosport decide to show!!

lindsayno1
Jan 14th, 2007, 09:49 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WHAT! At uni we have sky sports 1,2 and 3, but no eurosport!!!! This is fate i tell you.... this is so i revise for my exams and not watch tennis!

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 14th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Aus Open hasnt been on Sky Sports
Eurosport always has shown the Aus Open.

you getting mixed up with the US Open :o

jazar
Jan 14th, 2007, 10:24 AM
yeah, its never been on sky sports. at least eurosport show it though, otherwise what else would we do?

johnoo
Jan 14th, 2007, 11:52 AM
otherwise what else would we do?
BBCi are showing night matches live from 8-30am every day and the finals live on BBC1 and BBC2.

Monica_Rules
Jan 14th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Yeah your talking about the US open. Eurosport have always shown the aus open since i've been watching it.

jazar
Jan 14th, 2007, 01:25 PM
BBCi are showing night matches live from 8-30am every day and the finals live on BBC1 and BBC2.

doesnt matter to me, i have eurosport, so for the next 2 weeks the bbc won't even get a look in

Wintermute
Jan 14th, 2007, 01:36 PM
I expect that because of the time difference and most of the matches being played during the night here, the viewing figures wouldn't justify what Sky would have to pay for it so they leave it for Eurosport.

It's a bit of a shame because Eurosport don't do the multi-screen thing but it's better than nothing.

TomTennis
Jan 14th, 2007, 03:14 PM
I expect that because of the time difference and most of the matches being played during the night here, the viewing figures wouldn't justify what Sky would have to pay for it so they leave it for Eurosport.

It's a bit of a shame because Eurosport don't do the multi-screen thing but it's better than nothing.

excatly.

At least we can have Wimbledon (the bbc stop EVERYTHING for two weeks to show Wimby! :bounce: ) and USO (Sky Sports Interactive :drool: )

We just have to settle for eurosport for AO and FO. Its better than some countries I suppose.

But seen as not at home with no sky I wont be able to watch ANY of it :sad: :tape:

johnoo
Jan 14th, 2007, 04:45 PM
doesnt matter to me, i have eurosport, so for the next 2 weeks the bbc won't even get a look in

I have eurosport but will defo go for the BBC non advert coverage of the night matches and finals,best way to watch BBC by the way is a freeview box and good outdoor aerial because I was reading online sky compress the BBC channels and its not the quality of freeview which is a surprise,if you compare the two at home you can see the difference in quality,the BBC did have full day coverage of the FO last year and wil prob do the same this year.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 14th, 2007, 05:34 PM
what i want is for BBC Radio to be available on the TV at same time whilst watching the matches on BBCi (like they do with football matches)

one major downside of BBC coverage is that they've got John Lloyd :o :yawn: and Chris Bailey :zzz:

jenny161185
Jan 14th, 2007, 05:43 PM
I wish it was on skysports I dont have eurosport so only get to watch the finals :( well hopefully alot of matches will be put on youtube!!!

esdee
Jan 14th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Does anyone know if Eurosport will have a highlights show, like the old Australian Stories style highlights? I used to really enjoy that, it's nice to get the interviews and a look at what goes on behind the scenes, not just match after match all the time.

ladyanais
Jan 14th, 2007, 07:12 PM
At least this year they're doing a highlights show in the evening. It's just one hour long, but I guess if there's an especially exciting match (ie anything that includes Andy Murray) they'll run over their allotted time.

Last year, I recall, they only showed the live tennis.

A_S
Jan 14th, 2007, 07:16 PM
BBC are only showing from 8.30Am as far as i know. Thats what they did last year too if i remember correctly.