PDA

View Full Version : WTF!! Just got the Tennis Channel, no live coverage of the Aus Open??

floco
Jan 13th, 2007, 11:15 PM
or am i mistaken?? I just looked at the schedule on their website, and they dont seem to mention it. Whats the point of this channel then?

I live in the US, where can i watch it then? Thanks in advance!

Derek.
Jan 13th, 2007, 11:18 PM
ESPN has the rights to the Australian Open.

So the Australian Open will be on ESPN2. :)

Tennace
Jan 13th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Hopefully DirecTV gets it soon :mad:

floco
Jan 13th, 2007, 11:28 PM
ESPN has the rights to the Australian Open.

So the Australian Open will be on ESPN2. :)

thanx!! im gonna check out the schedule now :-)

Mileen
Jan 13th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Jee, how misleading! Can't you cancel the Tennis Channel immediately? And how much does the Tennis Channel cost in the US, I was wondering?

A tennis channel that doesn't have the rights to broadcast one of the very most important tournaments of the year :lol: :o :rolleyes:

dybbuk
Jan 13th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Derek is right. TTC doesn't have rights to any of the Slams besides the French (which they just recently obtained). They show all of the big events that ESPN doesn't though. I had never seen so many claycourts or grasscourts in my life before I got it.

njnetswill
Jan 14th, 2007, 12:36 AM
TTC covered Hopman Cup and Gold Coast and Sydney so far this year.

TTC doesn't have amazing coverage, but the biggest plus is their coverage of the ATP Masters events. No where else in the USA can I see Monte Carlo, Hamburg, Rome, Paris, etc.

I pay around $5 extra each month for it (it comes in the same package as NBA TV and Gold TV i believe)

njnetswill
Jan 14th, 2007, 12:36 AM
TTC covered Hopman Cup and Gold Coast and Sydney so far this year.

TTC doesn't have amazing coverage, but the biggest plus is their coverage of the ATP Masters events. No where else in the USA can I see Monte Carlo, Hamburg, Rome, Paris, etc.

I pay around $5 extra each month for it (it comes in the same package as NBA TV and Golf TV i believe)

tennisluver99
Jan 14th, 2007, 01:07 AM
You'll be glad you have it when the French Open comes around.

STUPID CHARTER! :mad:

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Jan 14th, 2007, 01:26 AM
It costs like 4-5 dollars a month... It would be alot better if they showed matches from 1st round on ... instead of just Semis and Finals :rolleyes:

Leo_DFP
Jan 14th, 2007, 02:30 AM
I so wish I had it. *sigh*

StarDuvallGrant
Jan 14th, 2007, 02:48 AM
I like it well enough, but the reptition sometimes can be too much especially over a span of a few days.

Babolatpro880
Jan 14th, 2007, 02:52 AM
French Open TTC coverage is going to demolish anything we've ever seen on the likes of ESPN2. In the tournaments they've been covering since I got in (around June of this year, I remember the first match I watched on it was Justine vs. Kim in Eastbourne), they haven't shown the bias that ESPN2 has (showing only Roddick, Federer, Nadal, and Sharapova), so I'm looking forward to a TON of matches come May.

njnetswill
Jan 14th, 2007, 02:56 AM
TTC coverage is very fair. They even decided against showing the American team of Hopman cup to show a tie that was not dead. :eek: ESPN would have shown the dead American tie, and repeated it instead of showing live coverage as well. :o :p

LudwigDvorak
Jan 14th, 2007, 02:58 AM
Does it really only show semis and finals? I've had it since the start of the month, and, well, I'm hoping it was just a few tournaments that only got semis and finals.

njnetswill
Jan 14th, 2007, 03:04 AM
Does it really only show semis and finals? I've had it since the start of the month, and, well, I'm hoping it was just a few tournaments that only got semis and finals.

For many women's events, only the semis and final are shown.

The best coverage is for the ATP Masters events, which starts from round one. I assume WTA would also have better coverage if they developed an equivalent to the Masters series, and sold those rights to TTC.

Meesh
Jan 14th, 2007, 03:28 AM
I"m finally getting Tennis Channel on WEDNESDAY :) :bounce: