PDA

View Full Version : Happy Name's day Tatiana !

FrenchY52
Jan 12th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Woww let's celebrate :rolleyes: :D

.:sk:.
Jan 12th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Happy Name's Day to you Tati:lol:

Magic07
Jan 12th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Happy Name's day, pretty TATI :kiss:

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 13th, 2007, 03:34 AM
Oh what an attention whore, she gets a name day & a birthday in the space of two weeks :ras: :p

Happy name day Tati :hug: :bounce: :aparty: ;)

Zombielicious
Jan 13th, 2007, 03:37 AM
:hug: :D
Happy Name's Day Tati!

orfeus
Jan 13th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Woww let's celebrate :rolleyes: :D

I'd love to but got too much work to do so can't drink & things:aparty: ;)

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 14th, 2007, 09:49 AM
party party party :worship:

CMR
Oct 13th, 2007, 05:33 PM
I wonder if Tati got her name from her Name's Day. Tati was born in Russia. The Russian Orthodox church and some people uses the Julian Calendar even today. Because the Name's Day has something to do with the church and saints. All others uses the Gregorian calendar. The difference between zhe Gregorian calendar and the Julian calendar is 13 days. So it could be possible.

Slutiana
Oct 13th, 2007, 05:51 PM
whats a names day? :unsure:

CMR
Oct 13th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Because my english is not the best I quote wikipedia.

"Name days are a tradition of attaching personal names to each day of the year, and celebrating the association of particular days with those for whom that day is named. It is common in large parts of Europe. The tradition originates from the Christian church calendar and the tradition to name children after saints, although in many countries there is no longer a connection to the church.

The celebration of name days has been a tradition in Catholic countries since the Middle Ages, and has also continued in some measure in the countries which adopted a reformed catholic faith (rather than strictly protestant) at the Reformation - countries such as England and the Scandinavian states. The name days originate in the list of holidays celebrated in commemoration of saints and martyrs of the Catholic Church. For example, the name Karl or Carl (celebrated in Sweden on January 28) was originally Carolus Magnus, the Latin form of Charlemagne, and a commemoration of his death on this date. The church promoted celebration of name days (or rather saints' days) over birthdays, as the latter was seen as a pagan tradition.
Where name days occur an official list is held containing the current assignations of names to days. There are different lists for Finnish, Swedish, Sami, and other countries that celebrate namedays, though some names are celebrated on the same day in many countries. From the 18th century and onwards the list of name days has been modified in Sweden and Finland, but not in other countries."