PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Open

forever_rafter
Jan 11th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Eleni is seeded number 32 :) :bounce:

guizzy
Jan 11th, 2007, 10:14 AM
I'm so happy seeing her high in the rankings again, she deserves it. Now she won't have to worry about playing qualifying games to enter tournaments and a better draw is waiting for her in the AO. Concentrate Lena and give your best!

christos
Jan 11th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Finally Lena is seeded!!!
Now we want a good draw!!!

supreme*
Jan 11th, 2007, 04:49 PM
thats really Good !

yeah now she need a Good draw...

Nervenbuendel
Jan 11th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Excellent news presented by Ula :)

I think Eleni has 2007 turned in an adequate balance between practise and recovery in order to not getting overplayed. The tought tasks are still ahead.

Guess everyone of us is very curious with regard to the upcoming draw.

forever_rafter
Jan 11th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Excellent News presented by Ola :)

Actually, it's Ula ;)

alkmene
Jan 12th, 2007, 06:00 AM
Lena will face in the first round Aiko Nakamura of Japan.

forever_rafter
Jan 12th, 2007, 06:37 AM
Lena will face in the first round Aiko Nakamura of Japan.

NOt bad but possible 2nd round opponent is Mirza and 3rd Hingis. Good luck babe!

TennisPlayingFox
Jan 12th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Good luck Eleni!

supreme*
Jan 12th, 2007, 09:46 AM
not bad...

Good Luck Lena !

guizzy
Jan 12th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Not the draw I was hoping for but it could have been worse. You can do it Lena. Good luck!!!

Bероника
Jan 12th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Go Eleni!!!!!!!! :bounce:

christos
Jan 12th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Best of luck Lena!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

forever_rafter
Jan 15th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Our girl will play on Tuesday, second match on court 6th. Good luck babe!

I was wondering if somebody could tape Eleni's match (and hopefully the matches to come at AO) and later share? Maybe Greek tv will show it? Or American tennis channel or Aussie tv? Here in Poland only Eurosport shows it and they only have coverage from Centre Court and Court 1 if I'm correct...Thanks in advance folks :)

spar
Jan 15th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Why Eleni don`t play doubles with Anabel ???
Their ranking with Anabel may be very great, I think in Top8, but with Jasmin Eleni was seeded only 16.
What happened with Eleni and Anabel? Anybody know about it?

christos
Jan 15th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Forever rafter forget greek tv, they dont show any tennis, except in case Lena will be in final!!!! Same happened last year with Marcos....only eurosport here too

forever_rafter
Jan 15th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Why Eleni don`t play doubles with Anabel ???
Their ranking with Anabel may be very great, I think in Top8, but with Jasmin Eleni was seeded only 16.
What happened with Eleni and Anabel? Anybody know about it?

I don't know why Eleni no longer plays with Anabel but if she enjoys playing with Jaz then I'm fine with it. They make a pretty good team and I wish them lots of luck. Being seeded #16 is not bad at all.

forever_rafter
Jan 15th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Forever rafter forget greek tv, they dont show any tennis, except in case Lena will be in final!!!! Same happened last year with Marcos....only eurosport here too

that sucks :(

supreme*
Jan 15th, 2007, 01:25 PM
about the Greek tv... yeah that sux a lot !

anyway... i dont know either what happened with anabel... would be nice to see them together again.
but like forever_rafter said... they are pretty good with jasmin... so its ok !

forever_rafter
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:32 AM
Why there is no score? In Melbourbe it's past 5pm and Eleni's hasn't even started yet...?

I suppose it's too hot to play and they had to postpone the matches a little.

spar
Jan 16th, 2007, 10:35 AM
What happened with Eleni ??? 8 double faults on 3 service in 2nd set !!!!!!!
Her game is trush in second set. I am very very dissapointed. Hot weather ? But I saw how play Sharapova on hottest afternoon. Why Eleni play so bad ???

forever_rafter
Jan 16th, 2007, 10:51 AM
I hope Eleni will explain it to us...Just can't believe she lost in such way, actually I can't believe that she lost at all...30 UE, 13 DF and only 7-8% on 2nd serve...
I'm so upset :sad:

christos
Jan 16th, 2007, 12:50 PM
That was embarrassing...................................... .....

supreme*
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:42 PM
i am so dissapointed about this result...
i was hoping for somethin better... dunno what to say

forever_rafter
Jan 16th, 2007, 08:20 PM
i am so dissapointed about this result...
i was hoping for somethin better... dunno what to say

guess we all feel this way and so does Eleni...

spar
Jan 16th, 2007, 08:57 PM
I think Eleni have a problem with her health.
May be this fact explain why Anabel decline to play doubles with Eleni and explain Eleni`s last match.

Bероника
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:27 PM
:sad: Such a disappointing result...She deserved better.Heartbraking.

Spar,what problem with health do you mean? Is it serious? Eleni might not be playing doubles with Anabel but she's playing doubles afterall,if her heath was an issue I don't think she would be playing.Sorry I don't get it :confused:

guizzy
Jan 16th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Hey guys I think we have to take it easy. It was just a very bad day for Eleni and we have to help her to forget about it. She still has the doubles to fight for and other tournaments will come. Bad day is over better days will come!!!:wavey: Come on Eleni keep trying!;)

alkmene
Jan 17th, 2007, 06:07 AM
I think Lena explains in her official site what had happened.She had to wait for more than 9 hours to play due to the extreme heat policy.I think that explains much..Of course I'm disappointed too but there's nothing more we can do.Singles is over for Lena so let's support her on her doubles and mixed doubles efforts...

forever_rafter
Jan 17th, 2007, 07:03 AM
Eleni and Jaz are on court now, they lost 1st set 3-6 but are up *5-2 in the second so hopefully they will level it up and win.

spar
Jan 17th, 2007, 08:13 AM
After the nervous end of 3rd set (scoreboard is shut down after pause) Eleni and Jasmin win the match. I am very happy that Eleni went to the court and play her double game and happy that they win this difficult match 3-6 6-4 6-3.

forever_rafter
Jan 17th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Good for them :) I wonder who will Eleni play mixed doubles with. Maybe Chris Haggard (I don't know if I spelled it correctly)?

Strange, no Eleni in mixed doubles draw...

spar
Jan 17th, 2007, 09:11 PM
It`s no strange if Eleni play with injury. Last match in doubles arouse such suspicion. But Eleni wrote in site that she felt great and want to play mixed doubles.

forever_rafter
Jan 17th, 2007, 09:29 PM
I don't know spar, there is such possibility but I hope health is not the case. She's had enough injuries in her young life and I really hope she can stay injury free this season.

Just imagine that Nakamura beat Mirza 6-3,6-2!

Nervenbuendel
Jan 19th, 2007, 08:04 PM
I am also happy that EliJaz have finally won this match, they played for about two hours which is quite a long time for a double. Asian players are normally very dangerous they have an enormous fighting spirit and run for their lifes. Jaz also needs some money to run her wta-touring.

P.S.: Ula please excuse for misspelling your name, eastern-european names sound very difficult to me and they also ever remind me of poems of Wislawa Szymborska :)

forever_rafter
Jan 19th, 2007, 08:54 PM
P.S.: Ula please excuse for misspelling your name, eastern-european names sound very difficult to me and they also they ever remind me of poets of Wislawa Szymborska :)

No need to apologize, I'm not offended :hug: Actually, Ola is a very nice name, I had a friend who carried that name so really, it's ok :) I just wanted to correct you but you can call me whatever you want ;)

spar
Jan 20th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Eleni will play mixed doubles with Chris Haggard tomorrow in court 10. That`s a good news. Because of the rain her doubles match is moving to next day and Eleni will play 2 matches per day. That is no good.

forever_rafter
Jan 20th, 2007, 12:22 PM
So I was right about her possible mixed doubles partner. How come they were not in the draw? :rolleyes: Two matches in one day is not good but if she has enough time to rest it should be ok. Well, just saw the schedule,
here is the order of play for Sunday :

Court 14, start at 11.00am local time
Catalina Castano/Jill Craybas vs Jaz/Eleni[16]

good luck ladies!

Court 10, start at 11.00 am local time
3rd match : Chris Haggard/Eleni vs Leso Friedl/Tatiana Garbin

good luck!

Bероника
Jan 20th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Best of luck for both matches,Eleni!!!!! :kiss:

guizzy
Jan 21st, 2007, 09:44 AM
Double victory for Eleni yesterrday in both women doubles and mixed doubles.
Chris Haggard / Eleni Daniilidou def Leos Friedl / Tathiana Garbin 6-3, 6-1. And Eleni Daniilidou / Jasmin Woehr def Catalina Castano / Jill Craybas 6-7, 6-1, 6-4.
Great job Eleni, keep fighting out there!

forever_rafter
Jan 21st, 2007, 11:18 AM
Double victory for Eleni yesterrday in both women doubles and mixed doubles.
Chris Haggard / Eleni Daniilidou def Leos Friedl / Tathiana Garbin 6-3, 6-1. And Eleni Daniilidou / Jasmin Woehr def Catalina Castano / Jill Craybas 6-7, 6-1, 6-4.
Great job Eleni, keep fighting out there!

It's lovely :) I stopped following the scores after doubles 1st set loss (I was prety low after Amelie's loss) but was pretty sure girls would fight back and they did! Mixed doubles is always fun to watch and Eleni and Chris seem to really like each other and like to play together so best of luck for them!
Well done girl! :worship: :bounce:

The order of play for Monday :

Court 7 start at 11.00am local time
Cara Black/Liezel Huber [3] vs Eleni/Jaz

good luck ladies!

supreme*
Jan 21st, 2007, 03:28 PM
congrats for both wins !
Glad that she is doing well in doubles and mixs...

way to go...
Good Luck !

forever_rafter
Jan 22nd, 2007, 04:37 PM
Eleni&Jaz lost to [3]Black/Huber 4-6,3-6 but it's not a bad result. Better luck in mixed doubles Eleni!

forever_rafter
Jan 24th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Eleni & Chris lost to Stosur/Paes 3-6, 4-6

supreme*
Jan 24th, 2007, 05:14 PM
so... AO 2007 is over for Lena.
not the results that i was hoping for...

better luck in the next events...

christos
Jan 26th, 2007, 02:15 PM
so... AO 2007 is over for Lena.
not the results that i was hoping for...

better luck in the next events...

I agree.I wanted something more this year....:rolleyes: