Jan 10th, 2007, 04:07 PM
c'mon good draw!

best of luck Tati.

FrenchY52
Jan 10th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Good luck Tania :yeah:

selyoink
Jan 10th, 2007, 04:32 PM
A good draw would be nice but she is going to have learn to beat the top players at some point. Maybe she can learn how to here. Plus her seed isn't so good anyway so a good draw might not be much of a possibility.

NittanyJefe
Jan 10th, 2007, 04:59 PM
When will the draw be announced?

Oural56
Jan 10th, 2007, 05:20 PM
on friday

martirogi
Jan 10th, 2007, 07:10 PM
another quarterfinal :cool:

MarineGoTati
Jan 10th, 2007, 07:52 PM
another quarterfinal :cool:

I hope:drool:
Go Tati :bounce:
She can beat the best players (but when:confused: )

selyoink
Jan 10th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Yes I would be very happy with another quarterfinal. To do that she will probably need to beat a top 10 player. Draw isn't likely to open up for her again like it did in US Open. I know she beat Petrova who was top 10 but she was still not back in good form after the injury yet.

selyoink
Jan 10th, 2007, 08:14 PM
I have created Tati's cheering thread in the Australian Open Tournament forum.

FrenchY52
Jan 10th, 2007, 08:22 PM
;)

Iceland
Jan 10th, 2007, 08:50 PM
I hope she will still be in the AO for her birthday !;)

She needs these points to improve her ranks and have better draws.
Come on Tati ! It's your turn now ! (

orfeus
Jan 10th, 2007, 10:03 PM

Can't wait, huh?:lol:

Zombielicious
Jan 11th, 2007, 02:25 AM
Let's hope for a good draw. Tati will have to take her chances against the top players if she wants to make it anywhere near the quarter-finals and we can hope the the best.

:worship: Allez Tati! :worship:

ZAK
Jan 11th, 2007, 03:37 AM
In the 3rd round, Tati will play one of the following: Safina, Vaidisova, Jankovic, Chakvetadze, Ivanovic, Schiavone, Hantuchova, and Peer.

Vaidisova and Jankovic are in really good form so they'd be the worst draws. Plus, Tati has a bad record against Ivanovic.

I think Hantuchova would be the absolute best draw, but I also wouldn't mind Chakvetadze or Schiavone.

rseto
Jan 11th, 2007, 03:44 AM

i'm sure tati wouldn't mind some positive cheering over in the AO forum. :p ;)

this is a good time for tati to pick up some points for this year. and if i'm not mistaken, she should be seeded in the top 20 for the AO.

am13
Jan 11th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Good luck Tati. I hope a good draw, unlike Sydney...

Harju.
Jan 11th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Official seeding.

Women

1. Maria Sharapova (RUS)
2. Amelie Mauresmo (FRA)
3. Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS)
4. Kim Clijsters (BEL)
5. Nadia Petrova (RUS)
6. Martina Hingis (SUI)
7. Elena Dementieva (RUS)
8. Patty Schnyder (SUI)
9. Dinara Safina (RUS)
10. Nicole Vaidisova (CZE)
11. Jelena Jankovic (SRB)
12. Anna Chakvetadze (RUS)
13. Ana Ivanovic (SRB)
14. Francesca Schiavone (ITA)
15. Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)
16. Shahar Peer (ISR)

17. Anna-Lena Groenefeld (GER)
18. Marion Bartoli (FRA)
19. Na Li (CHN)
20. Tatiana Golovin (FRA)
21. Katarina Srebotnik (SLO)
22. Vera Zvonareva (RUS)
23. Ai Sugiyama (JPN)
24. Samantha Stosur (AUS)
25. Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP)
26. Maria Kirilenko (RUS)
27. Mara Santangelo (ITA)
28. Flavia Pennetta (ITA)
29. Alona Bondarenko (UKR)
30. Tathiana Garbin (ITA)
31. Jie Zheng (CHN)
32. Eleni Daniilidou (GRE)

Harju.
Jan 11th, 2007, 04:45 PM
The Australian Open Draw will take place at the Melbourne Park Function Centre – Skyline Room on Friday 12th January from 10.00am.

So we'd have the draw in less than 12 hours time. :bounce:

Tati's 3rd potential opponents are very tough. :scared:.

Zombielicious
Jan 11th, 2007, 04:48 PM
less than 12 hours....

ack! that's still alot of time, but at least it's almost here. Good luck tati! Let's hope for a good draw...:tape:

Craigy
Jan 11th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Go Tati, this could be a great tourney :cool:

selyoink
Jan 11th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Tati's 3rd potential opponents are very tough. :scared:.

Well thats what happens when you are a lower seed. She is certainly capable of beating any of them. I would like her to avoid Vaidisova and Jankovic. Those are the two that really stand out. Maybe Safina as well.

Harju.
Jan 12th, 2007, 02:15 AM
Tati's 3rd round opponent is Shahar Peer. Her first match is against Anna Smashnova :lol:. She might be able to squeeze to the third round. If she can get past 3rd round, she can squeeze to QF where she'd face nemesis Petrova/Jankovic. Overall it's a decent draw.

Nadia Petrova RUS (5) vs. Tamarine Tanasugarn THA
Gisela Dulko ARG vs. Tiantian Sun CHN
Michaella Krajicek NED vs. QUALIFIER
Serena Williams USA vs. Mara Santangelo ITA (27)

Marion Bartoli FRA (18) vs. Vera Dushevina RUS
Victoria Azarenka BLR vs. Yuliana Fedak UKR
Melinda Czink HUN vs. Virginia Ruano Pascual ESP
Aleksandra Wozniak CAN vs. Jelena Jankovic SRB (11)

Shahar Peer ISR (16) vs. Romina Oprandi ITA
Edina Gallovits ROM vs. Meilen Tu USA
Zuzana Ondraskova CZE vs. Clarisa Fernandez ARG
Anna Smashnova ISR vs. Tatiana Golovin FRA (20)

Maria Kirilenko RUS (26) vs. Karolina Sprem CRO
QUALIFIER vs. Elena Likhovtseva RUS
Iroda Tulyaganova UZB vs. Monique Adamczak AUS
Jessica Moore AUS vs. Svetlana Kuznetsova RUS (3)

Harju.
Jan 12th, 2007, 02:19 AM
So here's the breakdown of her opponents.
R1 : vs Smashnova.
R2 : vs Fernandez
R3 : vs Peer. The tough one is here.
R4 : vs Sveta/Makiri. Sveta hasn't been injured and Makiri is injured.
QF : vs JJ/Nadya/Rena :scared:

But for Tati, 1st round match is the most important. C'mon, rack all those ranking points and get your ass back to top 20.

yukon145
Jan 12th, 2007, 02:25 AM
hopefully Tati stays focused and gets past the first round.

i feel like i say this every grand slam, but lets not look past the first round!

Harju.
Jan 12th, 2007, 02:39 AM
The first round match is :drool:
Tati le diva vs Anna Smashnova :lol:
I doubt both of them are in talking terms.

selyoink
Jan 12th, 2007, 04:15 AM
I couldn't be happier with this draw. Peer is very good no doubt about that but she isn't a player that you fear. Tati if on her game can definitely handle Peer. The first two rounds present little challenge on paper. I hope Tati can make that a reality on the court.

yukon145
Jan 12th, 2007, 06:13 AM
this first round match will also be smashnova's first match of 2007 i believe, hopefully she will be extra rusty.

Zombielicious
Jan 12th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Yay for a good draw. I don't think Anna will stand a chance.

Good luck Tati! :D

TennisPlayingFox
Jan 12th, 2007, 07:27 AM
Nice draw! good luck Tati!

rseto
Jan 12th, 2007, 07:44 AM
this first round match will also be smashnova's first match of 2007 i believe, hopefully she will be extra rusty.

smashnova will be rusty but i'm sure she has extra motivation for this one. :tape:

tati shouldn't have a problem in the 2nd. 3rd is against peer which i think is a better matchup for tati than some of the other players. tati better be ready to hit some extra shots if she plays peer.

Craigy
Jan 12th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Tati, Serena and Maria K all close :sobbing:

FrenchY52
Jan 12th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Decent draw. Hopefully she can win easily her 1st round and then the 2nd won't be so hard.Peer :unsure:

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 12th, 2007, 12:43 PM
I'ma liken the draw... If Tati is on I think she has potential in her game for semis but I don't think her mentality is ready for that :awww:

Does the 1st mean we get to see bitchy fiesty Tati again :drool: :banana:

The 1st 2 rounds should be a wiz & the 3rd will be a nice test... but I'm gonna concentrate on the 1st round now :angel:

XCoco
Jan 12th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Anna Smashnova in the 1st round, it will be a good start for Tatiana :) . If she gets through her 1st round match, the 2nd round would not be that tough.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jan 12th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Not that bad draw, 2 first round should be a piece of cake for Tati and then she faces Shahar :o I won't know who to cheer for :o And then probably Sveta..
Generally an ok draw :yeah:

.:sk:.
Jan 12th, 2007, 04:53 PM
I think it's a very good draw. The first two rounds should be easy for her. I hope Peer looses in the first or second round... ;)

So Tati, let's rock Melbourne!!!:bounce:

MarineGoTati
Jan 12th, 2007, 05:23 PM
1rst round will be nice and exciting (with scream, insults...:lol: )
2nd round, normally a training:rolleyes: (I hope!)
3rd, a real test and a total surprise because Tati and Shahar will discover each other and they're both (veru very very) talented players of their generation.:drool:
4th round: the choc!:D

Harju.
Jan 13th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Tati'd play on Monday :banana:
Right after Richie :drool:

Show Court 2 Start Time 11:00 AM

Men's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Filippo Volandri (ITA) vs. Richard Gasquet (FRA)[18]
followed by
Women's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Anna Smashnova (ISR) vs. Tatiana Golovin (FRA)[20]
Men's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Dudi Sela (ISR) vs. Paradorn Srichaphan (THA)
Not Before 5:00 PM
Nadia Petrova (RUS)[5] vs. Tamarine Tanasugarn (THA)

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 13th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Tati'd play on Monday :banana:
Right after Richie :drool:

Coincidence? I think not :p

Harju.
Jan 13th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Coincidence? I think not :p
So do you think it was Richie or Tati who requested it? :p

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 13th, 2007, 08:26 AM
So do you think it was Richie or Tati who requested it? :p
Richie, he can finish his match & then watch her ;)

Harju.
Jan 13th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Or it could have been Tati who wanted to watch Richie plays first for some encouragement ;)

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 13th, 2007, 08:58 AM
Or it could have been Tati who wanted to watch Richie plays first for some encouragement ;)
Yeah but he wears a shirt while playing a match, she wouldn't want to see that ;)

Harju.
Jan 13th, 2007, 09:11 AM
She's seen Richie shirtless a zillion times. It's the perfect time for her to watch him with proper clothing :tape:

FrenchY52
Jan 13th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Good schedule :)

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jan 13th, 2007, 11:47 AM
So Tati plays on Monday, it's good for her :yeah:

orfeus
Jan 13th, 2007, 02:07 PM
She's seen Richie shirtless a zillion times. It's the perfect time for her to watch him with proper clothing :tape:

hey stop the Richie thing u 2!;) Don't you know he's too young for her?!?:lol:

Zombielicious
Jan 13th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Richie and Tati :angel:
Two of my favorite players. tehe. :D

Ballbasher
Jan 13th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Nice draw and I hope she handles Peer if she passes the first two rounds without problems :D

Sexysova
Jan 13th, 2007, 07:56 PM
GO TATI :) and NICOLE :)

Zombielicious
Jan 14th, 2007, 02:43 AM
According to Tatiana-Golovin.net, Tati plays the second match on court 3 tommarow. She plays on a covered court, but Roger Federer will be playing at the same time...:rolleyes:

So that means most likely, ESPN and Eurosport will not be airing Tati's match... :crying2:

ZAK
Jan 14th, 2007, 02:49 AM
ESPN wouldn't be showing her match anyway. Its on court 2 btw

Perhaps French Eurosport might show it?

wurzelman
Jan 14th, 2007, 04:02 AM
Good luck Tatiana :kiss:

selyoink
Jan 14th, 2007, 06:10 AM
Tati better start things off right. I will be very sad if she loses to Smashnova.

rseto
Jan 14th, 2007, 08:44 AM
tati is also in the doubles playing with alicia molik! guess they got along well at the hopman.

alicia is a good partner with tati but they got drawn against six seed hantuchova/sugiyama in the 1st round.

win your 1st grand slam match of 2007, tati!

Jan 14th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Cool, when do they play the double?

FrenchY52
Jan 14th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Wow that's great to play with Alicia, they'll play on good courts and Alicia is pretty good.
Yesterday in ES info i heard they will maybe show it :confused: so let's hope.

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 14th, 2007, 10:47 AM
I really hope she can get to the quarters atleast

JS
Jan 14th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Good luck Tati, I'll be cheering for you during my sleep :p and don't hesitate to scream on match point :lol:

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 14th, 2007, 01:32 PM
tati is also in the doubles playing with alicia molik! guess they got along well at the hopman.

alicia is a good partner with tati but they got drawn against six seed hantuchova/sugiyama in the 1st round.

win your 1st grand slam match of 2007, tati!
I hate that :sobbing:
Although I might get to see highlights or something of it seeing its Alicia :banana:

yukon145
Jan 14th, 2007, 04:28 PM
good luck to Tati today!

i hope Tati and Alicia do well too, they make a very strong team.

martirogi
Jan 14th, 2007, 04:50 PM
vamos tania. wear the orange dress today. :D

martirogi
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:04 AM
grats tati. good match. :worship:

yukon145
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:06 AM
a solid start for Tati, lets keep it up in round 2.

ZAK
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:12 AM
very positive start!

TennisPlayingFox
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:20 AM
nice win tati! good luck in the next round!

selyoink
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:06 AM
Tati should've had a bagel. She blew a couple match points serving at 5-0. I wanted the bagel but I'm more than happy with the crushing win.

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 15th, 2007, 06:27 AM
Tati should've had a bagel. She blew a couple match points serving at 5-0. I wanted the bagel but I'm more than happy with the crushing win.
Agreed, I was awaiting bagel and then she lost the next two games and I was like :ras:

But yeah solid win, was good to see coz the 1st game where she got broken, her stats then were :tape: :o so I'm glad she come through consistently in the end... Good job Tats :yeah:

Iceland
Jan 15th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Tati will make at least a third round as Ondraskova has concretely no weapons. Moreover, playing Smashnova is a good preparation with the view to a match against Shahar.
Tati finally plays consistently !:D

I don't know if you saw that but she is on the entry list of Memphis ! :yeah:

HTE
Jan 15th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Fine start ;)

Oural56
Jan 15th, 2007, 10:44 AM
good job Tati!!!

FrenchY52
Jan 15th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Well done ! Because of Roger i only saw 2 games this night :( Great !! Cold handshake :D

FrenchY52
Jan 15th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Well done ! Because of Roger i only saw 2 games this night :( Great !! Cold handshake :D

FrenchY52
Jan 15th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Lequipe.fr
Son rythme, Tatiana Golovin l'a visiblement trouvé en cette première journée mitigée côté météo. Sur le court numéro 2, la tête de série numéro 20 a en effet pris en 1h11 la mesure de l'Israélienne Anna Smashnova (6-3, 6-1). «C'était un bon match pour commencer, je sentais que j'étais vachement en contrôle, a indiqué à l'issue du match une "Tati" décontractée malgré une otite persistante. Dès le premier coup de raquette, je lui mettais la pression. Le vent ne m'a pas gênée aujourd'hui (lundi, ndlr) alors que le premier jour, je m'étais entraîné sur ce court et j'avais mal joué à cause du vent justement.» Pas encore au bout de ses peines en ce qui concerne la fragilité de ses chevilles, puisqu'elle doit toujours poursuivre la rééducation et porter des chevillières en match, la 23e joueuse mondiale, se voit pourtant aller loin dans l'épreuve. «Je pense que maintenant, tout va dépendre de mon jeu et pas tellement de mon adversaire, a-t-elle expliqué. Si je réussis à mettre en place tout ce que j'ai travaillé ces deux derniers mois, normalement, je devrais bien jouer.»

FedExpress
Jan 15th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Nice job Tati but next time with a bagel please :p

XCoco
Jan 15th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Her first round match was more easily won than i would have thought :cool: .

The second round should not be tougher.

Good luck Tati ! :yippee:

Harju.
Jan 15th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Lequipe.fr
Son rythme, Tatiana Golovin l'a visiblement trouvé en cette première journée mitigée côté météo. Sur le court numéro 2, la tête de série numéro 20 a en effet pris en 1h11 la mesure de l'Israélienne Anna Smashnova (6-3, 6-1). «C'était un bon match pour commencer, je sentais que j'étais vachement en contrôle, a indiqué à l'issue du match une "Tati" décontractée malgré une otite persistante. Dès le premier coup de raquette, je lui mettais la pression. Le vent ne m'a pas gênée aujourd'hui (lundi, ndlr) alors que le premier jour, je m'étais entraîné sur ce court et j'avais mal joué à cause du vent justement.» Pas encore au bout de ses peines en ce qui concerne la fragilité de ses chevilles, puisqu'elle doit toujours poursuivre la rééducation et porter des chevillières en match, la 23e joueuse mondiale, se voit pourtant aller loin dans l'épreuve. «Je pense que maintenant, tout va dépendre de mon jeu et pas tellement de mon adversaire, a-t-elle expliqué. Si je réussis à mettre en place tout ce que j'ai travaillé ces deux derniers mois, normalement, je devrais bien jouer.»
Translation with my F-rated French :

Tati said that it was a good match to start. That the wind did not bother her today as it did while she practised yesterday.
Then she ended with some big words about her chance @ AO.
"I think it would depend on my play, not so much on my opponents. If I play like what I did for the past two months, I should do well."

I might be wrong since my French is kinda F-ish :lol:

Harju.
Jan 15th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Anyway, my take on the match.

I think Tati played much better than I expected from the short video that nouf posted. It seemed to me that Tati is getting more aggresive with her forehands. You'd notice that she didn't stay at the baseline as often as she did last time. Also, she's playing a higher risk tennis now. Meaning, more errors but also more winners at the same time. Her serve is still not at the best yet. But overall, it's a good first round match.

The stats
W/UE = 22/27
Net points won 8/16
1st serve % in - 70%

Zombielicious
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Amazing win Tati! :worship:

Good luck in the next round!

orfeus
Jan 15th, 2007, 06:57 PM
not that she would need it that much, but...best of luck, Tati!

Jan 15th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Nice match!!! Ondraskova will be beatable. So, go Tati go!!!

selyoink
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:04 AM
If Tati loses to Ondraskova it will a disaster.

souam
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:49 AM
C'mon Tati! Get us some bagels! :bounce:

wurzelman
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:28 AM
Best wishes Tati :kiss:

rseto
Jan 16th, 2007, 11:32 AM
nice 1st round win tati! hope you can do that again on wednesday.

Court 7 Start Time 11:00 AM

Alize Cornet (FRA) vs. Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)[15]

Men's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Radek Stepanek (CZE)[20] vs. Lukas Dlouhy (CZE)

Women's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Zuzana Ondraskova (CZE) vs. Tatiana Golovin (FRA)[20]

FrenchY52
Jan 16th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Bad court :(
Good luck

Jan 16th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Good luck Tati tonight/tomorrow;)

Harju.
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Allez Tati. Please win!

Harju.
Jan 16th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Tati twisted her ankle during her practise on Saturday :o. I'm not really good with my French, I think she sort of twisted her ankle during her jog, but I guess it wasn't serious since she won her match convincingly yesterday.

But obviously being Tati, it is not the only injury she had. She had otitis (ear infection). She had it when she reached Sydney. She said she hears buzzes and whenver she bends down to tie her lace, she'd feel giddy. She's under antibiotics. I don't know whether she still has it or not though :shrug:

yukon145
Jan 16th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Tati twisted her ankle during her practise on Saturday :o. I'm not really good with my French, I think she sort of twisted her ankle during her jog, but I guess it wasn't serious since she won her match convincingly yesterday.

But obviously being Tati, it is not the only injury she had. She had otitis (ear infection). She had it when she reached Sydney. She said she hears buzzes and whenver she bends down to tie her lace, she'd feel giddy. She's under antibiotics. I don't know whether she still has it or not though :shrug:

what? where did you read this? so is she ok or not?

damn weak ankles.

Jan 16th, 2007, 03:12 PM

damn weak ankles.

I think her ankle is fine. There was nothing to see in her match vs. smashnova. Her ear... :confused: Don't know if it's serious - so get well Tati!:wavey:

selyoink
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:02 PM
I hope Tati gets to play today.

Zombielicious
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Allez Tati! :kiss:

MarineGoTati
Jan 16th, 2007, 05:46 PM

damn weak ankles.

I listened to this too in "L'Equipe", one of the best and most serious french sport magazine. But Tati said that she wasn't worried, and anyway agaist Smashnova, she was OK!

orfeus
Jan 16th, 2007, 06:35 PM
C'mon Tati, I'll support u while asleep!;)

rseto
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:34 PM
i'll be relieved if tati finishes the AO without doing more damage to her ankle. too many injuries on this surface.

(although tati gets injured on all types of surfaces. :confused: )

FrenchY52
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Hopefully there are no risks with her braces :unsure:

martirogi
Jan 16th, 2007, 11:01 PM
vamos tati. straight sets win. :woohoo:

yukon145
Jan 16th, 2007, 11:08 PM
best of luck today Tati, stay cool in the intense heat.

Zombielicious
Jan 17th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Good look today (tonight for me) Tati! Straight sets would be amazing, but do your best! :kiss: :D

selyoink
Jan 17th, 2007, 05:52 AM
Tati safely into the third round after a 6-2, 6-0 win. Got that bagel this time.

Next up is Shahar Peer. Beat her down Tati

rseto
Jan 17th, 2007, 06:11 AM
ooh, a bagel! :drool: good to see that tati is now able to easily beat these lower-ranked opponents.

peer is going to be an interesting match but i like the way tati is playing.

yukon145
Jan 17th, 2007, 06:26 AM
a solid win for Tati today, 17 winners and 10 UE. i really hope that Tati can beat Peer, if Tati plays well i think she has a better game than Peer. she will just have to be very focused.

Tati and Molik also play their first round doubles match tomorrow against Dani and Ai.

TennisPlayingFox
Jan 17th, 2007, 06:37 AM
Very good win Tatiana! take out Shahar! You can do it!

FedExpress
Jan 17th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Great win! She should be able to beat Peer as I think she has a lot of confidence now :)

FrenchY52
Jan 17th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Well done Tatiana ! Good luck for tomorrow!

orfeus
Jan 17th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Well done Tatiana ! Good luck for tomorrow!

ditto :) :bounce:

HTE
Jan 17th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Yeah well done Tati :yeah: Now it starts to get tough though, if only she believes in herself, her game should be more than good enough to beat Peer.

MarineGoTati
Jan 17th, 2007, 02:40 PM
She can beat Peer, this match will be nice i think!
COME ON TATIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII !!!

Jan 17th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Wow, well done. Such a clear win I didn't expect!!!:eek:

Shahar Peer will be much harder but Tati is in a good form! Allez Tati:kiss:

Tomorrow Tati will play her double with Alicia Molik:

Court 6 Start Time 11:00 AM

Aiko Nakamura (JPN) vs. Sania Mirza (IND)

followed by
Lourdes Dominguez Lino (ESP) vs. Na Li (CHN)[19]

Men's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Arnaud Clement (FRA) vs. Fabrice Santoro (FRA)

Women's Doubles - 1st Rnd.
Tatiana Golovin (FRA)/ Alicia Molik (AUS) vs. Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)[6]/ Ai Sugiyama (JPN)[6]

Harju.
Jan 17th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Great win from Tati :yeah:
She was down 1-2 but she just stormed through eleven games in a row :worship:. The stats looked good except for the serve. She needs to fix it as it'd help her to win some cheap points against Peer. Perhaps Alicia can help her with that :o

Harju.
Jan 17th, 2007, 05:49 PM
K again from french article that I read, apparently Tati still suffers from the ear buzzes or infection or whatever it is. She'd go for a check up tomorrow because the anti biotics were not helpful. But according to her, the good thing about it is that she's able to concentrate on the match :lol: and minimize her UEs as she tried to play the shortest point possible.

Hope it's not serious.

Zombielicious
Jan 17th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Hopefully, Tati can go to the doctor soon :sad: (the ear buzzes would drive me absolutely insane)

Good luck in doubles Tati! And good luck against Shahar! :worship:

NittanyJefe
Jan 18th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Good luck Tati!

Hopefully ESPN will show at least a little of the match. :unsure:

wurzelman
Jan 18th, 2007, 12:41 AM
Well done Tati-great win. Good luck for the 3rd round :kiss:

Zombielicious
Jan 18th, 2007, 02:13 AM
Good luck Tati!

Hopefully ESPN will show at least a little of the match. :unsure: ESPN lately has been only showing the good matches on at like 2:30-5 in the morrning. :sad:

But...showing Tati would be amazing. :drool: :tape:

selyoink
Jan 18th, 2007, 03:44 AM
ESPN has only been showing the men. No chance they show any of Tati's match against Peer.

Zombielicious
Jan 18th, 2007, 04:04 AM
They have been showing Serena Williams(mainly because shes a "hot topic" right now) and only the last few games of Maria's match.

But yes, ESPN won't be showing our Tati. :crying2:

rseto
Jan 18th, 2007, 09:26 AM
well, alicia and tati lost 6-4 6-1. too bad they had such a tough 1st rounder. wouldn't mind them playing more in the future.

rseto
Jan 18th, 2007, 09:30 AM
thought tati and peer would get a better court. definitely no espn for this match.

go tati! keep playing well!

Show Court 3 Start Time 11:00 AM

Women's Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Lucie Safarova (CZE) vs. Anastasiya Yakimova (BLR)

Women's Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Shahar Peer (ISR)[16] vs. Tatiana Golovin (FRA)[20]

Zombielicious
Jan 18th, 2007, 04:08 PM
I wish Tati could have made it farther in doubles, but at least now she can concentrate on her upcomming matches. :D

Harju.
Jan 18th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Tati vs Shahar match is making me nervous :scared:.
Initially I thought it shouldn't be that difficult for Tati since she enjoys playing someone who's like Shahar that doesn't hit that hard but defends well. After all she's beaten Chaky and Kirilenko. But the people @ GM started to give me :scared:. All the best Tati. Please win.

selyoink
Jan 18th, 2007, 05:12 PM
I will be very upset if Tati loses this one. She needs to be able to beat a player like Peer consistently if she has dreams of making the top 10.

orfeus
Jan 18th, 2007, 05:33 PM
I will be very upset if Tati loses this one. She needs to be able to beat a player like Peer consistently if she has dreams of making the top 10.

Absolutely, but (there's always one;))....well Tati's definitely a top ten material, but at the same time still far from her max...and to be honest, I don't think she's gonna establish herself there (mean the top ten) without a full-time coach...not at this age at least...

Neptune
Jan 18th, 2007, 06:44 PM
I'm confident about Tati.She should win this one in two set.

Ballbasher
Jan 18th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Peer is tough but I'm really confident about Tati's current form :D:D

yukon145
Jan 18th, 2007, 07:19 PM
best of luck today Tati!

Zombielicious
Jan 18th, 2007, 07:36 PM
I'm feeling nervous too...somehow a feeling of dread. :tape:

I know Tati can do it though. Allez Tati! :kiss: :worship:

Sambuca
Jan 18th, 2007, 07:37 PM
have you news about any problems for Tati?

selyoink
Jan 19th, 2007, 05:57 AM
Tati wins the first set 6-3. She got broken on her second service game for 1-2 but then took complete control.

selyoink
Jan 19th, 2007, 06:00 AM
Tati has broken Peer to start the second set.

selyoink
Jan 19th, 2007, 06:05 AM
Tati broken right back after having a 40-0 lead.

selyoink
Jan 19th, 2007, 06:51 AM
Tati loses the second set 7-5. Got broken serving to get it in a tiebreak.

yukon145
Jan 19th, 2007, 06:56 AM
i'm worried. Tati should have won that second set, she had points for a 6-3, 3-0 lead.

selyoink
Jan 19th, 2007, 07:00 AM
i'm worried. Tati should have won that second set, she had points for a 6-3, 3-0 lead.

I'm worried too. I think Peer is mentally tougher than Tati.

I will be absolutely pissed if Tati loses this.

selyoink
Jan 19th, 2007, 07:02 AM
Tati immediately breaks to start the third!

selyoink
Jan 19th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Tati had two breaks points at 2-0 to go up a double break but failed to convert. She was then up 30-0 on her ensuing service game and got broken. Now 2-2. Tati has blown so many games in this match.

panenka
Jan 19th, 2007, 07:52 AM
third set
tati leads 5-4
she's serving

go tati !

selyoink
Jan 19th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Tati served for the match and had two match points. And of course she fucking choked. 5-5 now.

selyoink
Jan 19th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Tati loses 3-6, 7-5, 7-5.

I am so fucking pissed off. Two match points on her serve and of course she choked. She is so mentally weak. She has no chance of top 10 anytime soon. She never closes matches and immediately falls apart when she fails to.

If she doesn't get a full time coach she will never improve.

She should have won this match pretty easy but blow so many chances in both the second and third sets. Peer was mentally tougher and it showed.

rseto
Jan 19th, 2007, 08:30 AM
i couldn't follow the match online so i missed all of the ugly details. maybe that's why i'm not that pissed off. :confused:

please use these two weeks to regroup, tati!

Oural56
Jan 19th, 2007, 08:39 AM
I'm so sad, 2 match point...

Game Time
Jan 19th, 2007, 08:53 AM
I just watched whole match on TV, Tati needs to be able to focus more and keep her mind clear. And her tantrum throwing is a worry too.

Tatianandmary
Jan 19th, 2007, 08:55 AM
I'm so sad.
A coach can't help her for close and win the match.
It's only in her head, she should be more agressive on the match point.

But that's the way...

HTE
Jan 19th, 2007, 10:59 AM
:sad: same old story :(

Craigy
Jan 19th, 2007, 11:36 AM
:crying2:

XCoco
Jan 19th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Oh ! I'm just arrived, Tatiana lost :awww: .

willrock
Jan 19th, 2007, 12:27 PM
voodoo doll? :sobbing:

Jan 19th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Can't believe it :eek: That she always looses such important matches :sad: :banghead:

Iceland
Jan 19th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Tatiiiiiiiiiiii:sad: :sad:
She had thousand occasions to win that match in two or in three. Not a bad show of course, but still disappointing. She needs to have her super serve back.
But at least, Tati realized how important it is for her to develop her net play. She was too passive at the crucial moments. I want her to work more on her physical conditions as well.
I expect though a nice reaction at Paris where the French public will support till the end. But here again, she will have many points to defend, so she won't be able to improve her ranking that much.

Overall, Tati played a good season so far. Her average level is pretty high, she will stay in the top 20 for sure.

The AO is now almost finished for me, Gasquet is my only fave to be still alive.

NittanyJefe
Jan 19th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Tati lost and I did not get any sleep. What a bad combination. :crying2:

MarineGoTati
Jan 19th, 2007, 02:09 PM
:sad: :bigcry: :rain: :sobbing: :crying2: :hysteric:
Good match but i'm so desappointing, I want Tati to win this kind of match (too many occasions!)

yukon145
Jan 19th, 2007, 02:54 PM
i keep saying to myself that Tati will learn from these close losses one of these days, but she has been doing the same damn thing since 2005. please please Tati get your shit together, you're too good of a player to keep doing this.

and i hate peer. one because she beat Tati, and two because she is an ugly screaming bitch.

XCoco
Jan 19th, 2007, 03:57 PM
I'm disappointed... She lost a match when she had some MP again :( . She should not loose such matches.

Zombielicious
Jan 19th, 2007, 04:21 PM
I really thought she had it at her first match point and I was thinking "Omg! She's really going to do this!" And well...things went a little downhill, then my scoreboard froze...and then Tati just loses.

:sad: I am really disapointed. Tati could have won that match! But she chokes and this was such a big match for her.

I want to just...cry. But I almost expected it to somehow happen.

And not to mention Marat lost yesterday too...

AO is pretty much finished for me too. :sad:

NeverSayDie
Jan 19th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Tati :sad: I saw the end of the match and she just didnt do enough on those match points....

Please get your act together Tati!! :hysteric: :sobbing:

yukon145
Jan 19th, 2007, 07:03 PM
does anyone have an interview or any quotes from Tati after the match?

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jan 19th, 2007, 07:13 PM
That's a bug shame that Tati lost and I'm really angry that Tati had to meet Shahar and only one of them could win :(
I hope that Tati will do much better in next tournaments :yeah:

MarineGoTati
Jan 19th, 2007, 07:20 PM
does anyone have an interview or any quotes from Tati after the match?

In french sorry:

«C'est vraiment mon premier match difficile de l'année. Il faut croire que le fait d'avoir deux premiers matches trop faciles ici ne m'a pas aidée à conclure. J'ai fait de très bonnes choses mais quand je mène, sur les points importants, il faut que je finisse. Le point à travailler maintenant, c'est finir les points à la volée. Mentalement, je n'ai pas su réagir. Mais bon, je suis contente, je rentre à Paris ! Paris me manque...»

I tried to translate but i'm not good to do that:

This is my first difficult match of the year. It seems that having two matches too easy here didn't help me. I did really good things but when i'm leading, I have to finish the important points. Now, i have to work on wining point at volley. Mentally, I couldn't react. But i'm happy, I come back to Paris! I miss Paris.

HTE
Jan 19th, 2007, 07:31 PM
At least she knows what has to be done, now comes the hard part ;)

yukon145
Jan 19th, 2007, 08:42 PM
she always says the same things after these types of losses, but never seems to learn from them.

im getting frusterated that this keeps happening to her, i feel bad for her. we all know she can be great, i hope she gets it together.

rseto
Jan 20th, 2007, 01:54 AM
At least she knows what has to be done, now comes the hard part ;)

i agree. at least she's not in denial about choking i guess. :)

i'm resigned to tati not being able to finish matches off since it's happened so many times. with the way she won her 1st two matches, i thought it might change but i guess not.

on the other hand if she can figure out how to win one of these matches, it will really help her confidence in the future.

wurzelman
Jan 20th, 2007, 03:36 AM
:sad: Sort it out Tati; it is really depressing to continually lose matches with the finishing line very much in sight. Surely as a pro she should have learnt to close out the match pronto.

Harju.
Jan 20th, 2007, 06:55 AM
I was very frustrated with Tati. Count yourself lucky if you weren't following the score cause I was a big mess. So many wasted opportunities in the second and the third set but she just couldn't capitalize them. Her stats were impressive until 5-4 in the third. She folded like a cheap ho after that.

Tati should have closed the match 6-3 6-3 or even 6-2 in the third.

Initially when she had close matches with top players, I was like, it's ok, at least Tati gave a good fight. Then after sometimes, I was like, it's ok, she was injured and she'd learn how to win these matches eventually. Then after some times, it's getting annoying. And now, I've come to realize that Tati will never make it. Until she gets herself a real coach or a real weapon to her arsenal, she'd just hover around top 15-20. And forget about getting a title. I really hope she proves me wrong though, but I gave up.

orfeus
Jan 20th, 2007, 05:58 PM
bah, sooo much pessimism, what's the matter with u people?? Sure I'm dissapointed she waisted her chance again, but on the other hand:
1) as I've already said, she's still faaar from her Stuttgart level...and I think she needs like 1-2 months to get there..of course I hope I'm wrong there, but:sad:
2) even her Stutt. level is far from her max...to get there, she definitely needs a full time coach; the sooner she realizes it, the better...
3) even a full time coach/es won't make her stop choking, but definitely can help her to get to the top 10, which is precisely the case of Nadia...(have u seen her match against Serena btw?...now, THAT was choking...)...then it's all just up to her...

HTE
Jan 20th, 2007, 06:11 PM
It's not about pessimism orfeus, not from me at least, it's about disappointment.
I wouldn't mind at all if Tati had lost a close three setter in a GS to Peer, for most players that's a great result, but not for Tati. She's a top-player but seems to forget it the crucial times. So most of the negative reactions are due to her under achieving once again.

orfeus
Jan 20th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Yeah I know what u mean;)...and believe me, I'm disappointed too, but all this choko-talk seems to me a bit:rolleyes:...some people are just overreacting I guess, that's all...anyway I stick to the 3 points I mentioned above;)

HTE
Jan 20th, 2007, 06:34 PM
I would be nice if the choke threads would stop, that's true :D

Iceland
Jan 20th, 2007, 06:55 PM
I think it's a little bit prematurate to be that disappointed. Tati didn't prepare well during the break because of her injury. She needs to have her serve back, then, it will be easier for her to conclude matches as she will know she has a reliable weapon.
Tati was not at her best physically in this AO. She was too much passive during the second set and was not moving as good as she usually does. She seemed tired. But I hope she is still motivated : I didn't like her attitude against Peer, she wasn't encourageing herself, even in her interview, she said that she was glad of what she did in Australia. She needs to be more determinated.

Now, she has two weeks to train and to think about these losses. We will be able to rate her at Paris or Antwerp. But don't give up !;) :)

orfeus
Jan 20th, 2007, 07:19 PM
But don't give up !;) :)

I sure don't;) (and neither HTE does, right?:lol:)

ZAK
Jan 20th, 2007, 07:44 PM
I would be nice if the choke threads would stop, that's true :D

Yeah I kinda think so too, hence my Paris thread lol

HTE
Jan 20th, 2007, 08:59 PM
I sure don't;) (and neither HTE does, right?:lol:)

never :bounce:

rseto
Jan 20th, 2007, 09:00 PM
i'm not sure how important her play or her current form are. in the past when she's healthy, she still hasn't figured out how to close the tight matches. i think it's all in the head right now.

i'm resigned and disappointed but it's also early in the year. maybe she can develop that mentality if she can play more tournaments.

AnneSo006
Jan 20th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Of course, I'm disappointed about that match against Peer... but why so much pessimism??? :sad:

Remember that she only had 2 or 3 weeks of training before the new season begins... I think she must still have some apprehension about her ankles... And also remember last year: Tati's 2006 season had only really begun in Paris!
I also think that her two first rounds were too easy for her... So after a match against Peer...:tape:

I won't lie... I was really disappointed just after that match... but I have all trust in Tati... She will win a title this year, play great matches and enter Top15 or Top10! ;)

yukon145
Jan 21st, 2007, 01:02 AM
yes i was really pissed when Tati lost her match agains Peer, but it could have been alot worse.

last year she lost in the first round, at least this year she lived up to her seeding. i dont know why after this one loss everyone think that Tati is done and people are giving up on her. she's had close losses before and bounced back just fine, she will do the same this time.

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 21st, 2007, 05:23 PM
Blah she should have won but she didn't... I'm too tired to write a proper comment at the moment :haha:
And hey look, Peer is stilling kicking players arse's so Tati was just unlucky to have to play her! ;)

Harju.
Jan 22nd, 2007, 04:53 PM
Blah she should have won but she didn't... I'm too tired to write a proper comment at the moment :haha:
And hey look, Peer is stilling kicking players arse's so Tati was just unlucky to have to play her! ;)
or it could have been Tati who reached the QF. Sveta couldn't keep the balls in the court :o

please note that it'd prolly take me few more days to get over this loss :tape:

selyoink
Jan 22nd, 2007, 06:10 PM
or it could have been Tati who reached the QF. Sveta couldn't keep the balls in the court :o

Your not the only one still not over the loss. I'm still quite pissed off at her.

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 22nd, 2007, 06:14 PM

Pffft, ur no fun :ras:
Be positive :ras: :p

orfeus
Jan 22nd, 2007, 06:32 PM
Well seems you're the last "GoloChokes" around here, guys...

BTW u never choke I guess, right?

MarineGoTati
Jan 22nd, 2007, 06:33 PM
She will win a title this year, play great matches and enter Top15 or Top10! ;)

:bounce: YES she will do it :bounce:

rseto
Jan 23rd, 2007, 02:13 AM

i'm over the loss but i'm not enjoying the women's side after that choke (especially if peer, who i actually like, keeps winning). the only thing that will placate me is a clijsters win. :p

selyoink
Jan 23rd, 2007, 02:19 AM
Well seems you're the last "GoloChokes" around here, guys...

BTW u never choke I guess, right?

Nope, I never choke. My mental strength is legendary. :p :lol:

Zombielicious
Jan 23rd, 2007, 02:29 AM
I wish Tati could have made it to the quaterfinals...I would have literally died.

Top 15 or 10, watch out. Tati is comming your way. She's proved she's good at AO, even thou she choked in the Peer match. Allez Tati, because I know she can do it.

hee. I just had to let that out there. ;) We all know Tati is a top 15 and below contender.

orfeus
Jan 23rd, 2007, 09:46 AM
Nope, I never choke. My mental strength is legendary. :p :lol:

oh I see.....:worship:

Harju.
Jan 23rd, 2007, 02:53 PM
Why can't Peer play that shitty against Tati :o

yukon145
Jan 23rd, 2007, 03:41 PM
Why can't Peer play that shitty against Tati :o

its alright, Peer had chances to take a big lead in the second, and she served for it in the 3rd being 2 points away at 30-30. i hope this loss will hurt her for some time for what she did to Tati. :devil:

selyoink
Jan 23rd, 2007, 04:47 PM
I really hate Peer now. She always beats my favorite players. I hope Tati will dominate their head-to-head from now on.

Harju.
Jan 23rd, 2007, 04:57 PM
But it wasn't Peer's fault that Tati choked away the match though :tape:.
It just pissed me off that Tati could at least reach QF, have a new career best rank at #15 and who knows might even beat Serena. :o This loss could even take more than few days for me to forget :o but thankfully Tati has moved on.

Harju.
Jan 23rd, 2007, 05:19 PM
i'm over the loss but i'm not enjoying the women's side after that choke (especially if peer, who i actually like, keeps winning). the only thing that will placate me is a clijsters win. :p
well one down ;)
I don't mind Maria wins it btw. But I'd prefer if either of the 4 takes it, especially Chaky :rocker2: