PDA

View Full Version : Why, why, why are we all Lena fans?

miffedmax
Jan 9th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Being a Lena D. fan isn't easy, Lord knows. She's broken more hearts on her climb/descent/climb/descent/climb etc. than she has racket strings during her career. All of us could have easily selected or switched to supporting other players and not have our sporting emotions so cruelly toyed with. Yet we still love her. This poll is an attempt to determine why.

Fearful Jesuit
Jan 9th, 2007, 06:12 PM
you know what, Max, if she were the feminine Federer, I doubt I'd be a ED fan, it's against my masochist nature...but, on a second thought, I'd love if she dominates the wta tour for a while...four, five years...

Paco
Jan 9th, 2007, 08:11 PM
that's an easy poll. Just because she is Lena D.
I mean when I saw her for 1st time (US Open 2000) I just fall in love :)

Willam
Jan 9th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Its a reeeeeeeeeally good poll!.. Im REALLY dissapointed with her todays lost

But Its Likee FAT DAVEE :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

I LOVE THEM BOTH!...

Dementinator
Jan 9th, 2007, 11:05 PM
because win or lose ,shes such a great character and a lovely person ,shes cool ,intelligent and utterly adorable..

oh , one other thing too , shes totally and utterly Gorgeous with a body that couldnt have been designed better by computer ,shes the absolute pinnacle of human evolution ,its downhill from here folks!

Also ,Any team ,player etc that i root for ,goes down in flames too ,in fact ,Lenas THE most successful I have ever had!

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jan 10th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Cuz she is a hell of tennis player and I love her as person ... she is charismatic , charming and extremely beautiful .

Es un sentimiento inexplicable .

goldenlox
Jan 10th, 2007, 01:32 AM
What's the point? Do you want to be frontrunners?
Then root for Amelie, Maria and Kim. You might be rooting for a winner.

kinglear
Jan 10th, 2007, 03:33 AM
you know what, Max, if she were the feminine Federer, I doubt I'd be a ED fan, it's against my masochist nature...but, on a second thought, I'd love if she dominates the wta tour for a while...four, five years...

You hit it right on the head! I love to see Lena fight. I love it when she loses the first set, but then bagels her opponent in the third set. She's dope like that. Even for fans of Maria Sharapova, they love her because she fights, she doesn't just cruise like Federer so often does. I remember reading a NY Times magazine article on Federer and the article mentioned how television networks, etc were afraid that Federer's matches would be boring because he just crushes other players. People like to see people like Lena with their backs against the wall because pressure often produces the best tennis. And Lena comes up with her best tennis in pressure situations, it's just that her serve does come through. :sad:

Prizeidiot
Jan 10th, 2007, 04:19 AM
If Elena became Federer-esque, I'd still back her. In fact it'd be good for my health.

I'm a fan because she made a good impression when I first saw her, in a time when I didn't have any women players that I liked. She was very nice with the fans. And easy on the eye :p

TiK-Tee
Jan 10th, 2007, 11:55 AM
:hearts::kiss:LENA:kiss::hearts:

miffedmax
Jan 10th, 2007, 12:49 PM
What I want to know is who DIDN'T pick the last one, since it's multiple choice.

(Most of the pro-Lena statements above would support the "Lena fucking rocks" theory).

Fearful Jesuit
Jan 10th, 2007, 05:37 PM
oh, yes, she fuckin' rocks, too :)
my serve usually sucks
and I have two Yonex rackets :)

miffedmax
Jan 10th, 2007, 05:51 PM
oh, yes, she fuckin' rocks, too :)
my serve usually sucks
and I have two Yonex rackets :)

That explains so much :lol: ;)

selyoink
Jan 10th, 2007, 06:11 PM
I voted for the first and last two options. I really need to chose my favorite players more carefully next time. Nastya sucks. Tati is a massive choker and always hurt. Lena is a massive choker. Elena L. is a massive choker and doesn't win anymore. ALG sucks and is in terrible shape. Only Severine and Anna C. don't let me down whenever they have the chance.

And on the mens side JCF is atrocious now.

I would like to at least once in my life as a tennis fan pick a player that actually wins and doesn't torment me on a daily basis.

miffedmax
Jan 10th, 2007, 06:25 PM
I don't know. Believe it or not, the first woman tennis player I was a fan of was Martina Navratilova. It was great. I got really spoiled.

Now, of course, I haven't had a favorite woman player win a singles major since. I mean, I liked some of the others, but nobody I'd actually go out of my way to follow.

After years of frustration, I went ahead and bit the bullet to jump on the Federer bandwagon just to preserve my sanity. Pluse he really does play some beautiful tennis.

At least you Nastya fans (yeah, I'm one too, but we know who I was rooting for during the catastrophe on clay) will always have Paris.

Swiss Ivo
Jan 10th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Only You

:inlove: Elena Dementieva:inlove:

:crazy:

Dementinator
Jan 10th, 2007, 06:38 PM
I voted for the first and last two options. I really need to chose my favorite players more carefully next time. Nastya sucks. Tati is a massive choker and always hurt. Lena is a massive choker. Elena L. is a massive choker and doesn't win anymore. ALG sucks and is in terrible shape. Only Severine and Anna C. don't let me down whenever they have the chance.

And on the mens side JCF is atrocious now.

I would like to at least once in my life as a tennis fan pick a player that actually wins and doesn't torment me on a daily basis.

dear oh dear ,its all doom and gloom on Planet Selyoink isnt it! cheer up dude ,I dont think I have ever seen a more depressed fan..

kjn
Jan 11th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Lena is great nobody can ever be like her although she is quite unpredictable, I still like her. I also like a lot of the Russian girls because they are really tough

LudwigDvorak
Jan 12th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Yes, as much as I want to beat her/everyone up after she loses to a "superior" player, or when she loses to a "bad" player, or whenever she loses, the fact she loses makes her human, and HOW she loses makes her even more human. So many people can relate to having a bad serve. She's such an inspiration to anyone who has a strong weakness in their game that they can do extremely well. To see her come back from behind SO much, and that it's not usually just her player fucking up, it's just dazzling to behold. Her otlichna's, and nyet's, and screams, they're just so interesting to watch. Her on-court character is fabulous, she never gives up, and that forehead is a gift from the tennis gods.

Aside from the serve (which more or less makes her the awesome player she is otherwise), she embodies what makes someone amazing to me. I don't really follow anyone else as closely as I do Elena (since Davenport is gone), although I do enjoy just about everyone on Tour.

<3.