PDA

View Full Version : Why does australianopen.org not have an AO TV subscription?

Leo_DFP
Jan 9th, 2007, 05:34 AM
I thought after Wimbledon Live last summer, that kind of live webcam subscription would become standard with all the Grand Slam websites, but it didn't materialize at the US Open and it doesn't look like it will for this year's AO either. It seemed to be a big hit at Wimby! But I checked the AO website to find that "AO TV" will play highlights twice a day and that's it.

Does anyone know if the French Open will offer FO TV? That would be necessary for most Americans now that the stupid Tennis Channel has bought rights to Roland Garros.

stevos
Jan 9th, 2007, 05:37 AM
I would love for at least the FO to have it too. They have always been good with putting up highlights/past finals and stuff, and with no tennis channel in Canada I dont want to lose all coverage.

If AO doesnt advertise it by now, they aren't going to do it.

Inspiration
Jan 9th, 2007, 05:40 AM
I got fed up of not having pay TV so I recently got it a couple of months ago. Before I only got Australian Open and Wimbledon delayed telecast, US Open SF & F delayed telecast and no Roland Garros. And that's all for the year.

Now I get all the Grand Slams live, Tier I tournaments, some Tier II tournaments and YEC.

stevos
Jan 9th, 2007, 05:42 AM
I got fed up of not having pay TV so I recently got it a couple of months ago. Before I only got Australian Open and Wimbledon delayed telecast, US Open SF & F delayed telecast and no Roland Garros. And that's all for the year.

Now I get all the Grand Slams live, Tier I tournaments, some Tier II tournaments and YEC.

Wait, what is this on?

MikeJones
Jan 9th, 2007, 05:46 AM
Guys you gotta remember, its no wimdedon.org that did the live coverage, it was mediazone. They actually have more than just Wimbledon...they have other tournaments to they do(tier II+ III's, its really expensive though). But Wimdledon is the only "SLAM" they cover. I guess they either couldnt come to agreement with IBM/Ausyopen.org or they dont want to do it.

Inspiration
Jan 9th, 2007, 05:49 AM
Which countries is The Tennis Channel available in? When was The Tennis Channel created?

Leo_DFP
Jan 10th, 2007, 03:24 AM
Guys you gotta remember, its no wimdedon.org that did the live coverage, it was mediazone. They actually have more than just Wimbledon...they have other tournaments to they do(tier II+ III's, its really expensive though). But Wimdledon is the only "SLAM" they cover. I guess they either couldnt come to agreement with IBM/Ausyopen.org or they dont want to do it.

Yes, I saw that mediazone covers other events during the year but most of them are not interesting and don't strong fields. Certainly not worth the high cost!